PDA

View Full Version : Teams improving O-lines by trading late round picks

red
10-02-2013, 12:27 PM
i thought teams were only allowed to draft o-line players, they couldn't get them any other way

the ravens traded 2 or 3 late round picks for LT Eugene Monroe yesterday

and the steelers traded one late round pick for LT Levi Brown today

wish TT would trade a 6th or a 7th for a real center, and maybe find some other help for the o-line. i would have been happy as a pig in shit if we had gotten either one of those guys for a late rounder

mraynrand
10-02-2013, 12:34 PM
pigs in shit are not as happy as you think. It's a common misconception.

Upnorth
10-02-2013, 12:56 PM
The shit covers up skin so it does not get burned, which is what happens to our oline too frequently. This begs the question, should we cover our Oline in shit to help stop getting burned on pass downs?

Patler
10-02-2013, 01:05 PM
The shit covers up skin so it does not get burned, which is what happens to our oline too frequently. This begs the question, should we cover our Oline in shit to help stop getting burned on pass downs?

I thought they already were. Everyone says they are shitty. How can they be shitty, yet not covered in shit? Or is it that they are not shitty enough? Could they pass protect better if they were even shittier than they already are?

God, this football strategy really is confusing!

Upnorth
10-02-2013, 01:27 PM
I have just learnt that even when dealing with shit one can be Patlerized...

cheesner
10-02-2013, 01:54 PM
I don't believe it is possible to upgrade our offensive line.

We are already the best in the business when it comes to run blocking:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

red
10-02-2013, 03:06 PM
I don't believe it is possible to upgrade our offensive line.

We are already the best in the business when it comes to run blocking:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

yeah but they suck at pass blocking, and we're a passing team

Shoal
10-02-2013, 03:23 PM
KFFL says.....Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said OG Greg Van Roten (foot) will miss several weeks because of a foot injury.

Guiness
10-02-2013, 04:15 PM
yeah but they suck at pass blocking, and we're a passing team

Just to show how the naked eye can tell you what numbers can not, TFA had our runs up the middle as our most successful. I don't think I've heard anyone here claim EDS is a great run blocker...

pbmax
10-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Just to show how the naked eye can tell you what numbers can not, TFA had our runs up the middle as our most successful. I don't think I've heard anyone here claim EDS is a great run blocker...

He is better on runs up the middle. One on one he is OK. He is poor at reach blocks on outside zone plays.