PDA

View Full Version : Bills open to trading Jairus Byrd

Brandon494
10-06-2013, 01:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9780860/buffalo-bills-now-open-trading-jairus-byrd

Bills looking to trade the pro bowl FS for draft picks.

I know TT would never make this trade but damn it would be nice if we took a chance like the Colts just took trading for Richardson. I'm also not sure if we could afford him either since hes looking for a big payday.

Brandon494
10-06-2013, 01:52 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/10/06/green-bay-packers-probably-wont-trade-for-jairus-byrd/

pbmax
10-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Well the loss of playing time for MD Jennings would be welcome no matter how it happens.

red
10-06-2013, 03:29 PM
isn't byrd hurt all the time?

the way trades have been going down the last week, you sould be able to get him for a 5th or 6th

but, like you said brandon. you would have to break the bank for him as soon as you trade for him. would TT do that? and could we even afford another big contract?

Patler
10-06-2013, 04:09 PM
This about says it:

Byrd, who was franchised by the Bills in training camp and has yet to play this season because of a plantar-fasciitis injury,
Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/10/06/green-bay-packers-probably-wont-trade-for-jairus-byrd/?UU6TRzVY2Qtxrq4R.99

Brandon494
10-06-2013, 04:41 PM
IF we could get him for a 5th or 6th only for one season would you do that deal? I think the asking price would be a little higher then that though, he is a pro bowler and still young.

Patler
10-06-2013, 04:46 PM
IF we could get him for a 5th or 6th only for one season would you do that deal? I think the asking price would be a little higher then that though, he is a pro bowler and still young.

Depends on his medical, but if he is now cleared to begin playing, I think I would give a 5th. I certainly would do it for a 6th.

I'm not sure they can really get much more than that for him, since he hasn't played yet this year, and is playing under the franchise tag. Trades seem to be happening more frequently, because teams are willing to accept less in return.

red
10-06-2013, 05:04 PM
i'm with shamrock. there have been a lot of good players traded lately, and they are all going for day three picks.

i'm guessing he's traded for a 5th or 6th. however, you might only be getting him for this season before he leaves to get paid big, and can he even play right now

part of me says "do it", the other part of me is thinking "pass"

i guess i wouldn't be upset either way. unless we give up a second or third for a guy that spends the rest of the year on IR and then bolts after the season

Teamcheez1
10-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Since he is franchised, I seem to remember reading something about his contract. His contract is only valid through the end of the season, and can only be extended or redone at the end of the season. So you have no guarantee that he won't leave at the end of this season.

He essentially becomes a free agent at the end of the season.

red
10-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Since he is franchised, I seem to remember reading something about his contract. His contract is only valid through the end of the season, and can only be extended or redone at the end of the season. So you have no guarantee that he won't leave at the end of this season.

i thought i remembered reading the same thing. maybe on PFT?

Bossman641
10-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Is he even ready to play yet? Would hate to trade for damaged goods

Patler
10-06-2013, 06:34 PM

Yup, that's why I said their trading position is not a strong one because he is playing under a Franchise Contract. Teams have only until July 15 to negotiate a long term contract with a Franchise player. If not finalized, they are frozen until the end of the season. That's why sign and trade deals happen in the summer.