PDA

View Full Version : Francois - torn achilles

Patler
10-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Per GBPG's Wes Hodkiewicz.

red
10-06-2013, 04:32 PM
so are we at a point where we need to start looking for LB help, or do we have someone decent on the PS?

brad jones will probably miss some time with the hamstring injury. that leaves us really thin at ILB

Patler
10-06-2013, 04:38 PM
DJ Smith is available.
Terrell Manning is signable from San Diego's practice squad.

red
10-06-2013, 04:53 PM
DJ Smith is available.
Terrell Manning is signable from San Diego's practice squad.

i would like to see both guys back to tell the truth

i was a little ticked when both were let go. i thought Smith looked good last year before he got hurt, and i thought manning was gonna end up being a late round draft steal

Patler
10-06-2013, 05:03 PM
i would like to see both guys back to tell the truth

i was a little ticked when both were let go. i thought Smith looked good last year before he got hurt, and i thought manning was gonna end up being a late round draft steal

Shortly after he was released, there was an article that reported Smith had actually failed his physical. I suppose there is a limit even to the Packers patience with injured players. I agree, he did play well before his injury.

I had hope for Manning too. Just never seemed to get it together.

Harlan Huckleby
10-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Raji can drop into coverage

Teamcheez1
10-06-2013, 05:39 PM
I have a real strong feeling that LB will be a point of emphasis in the next draft.

mraynrand
10-06-2013, 05:41 PM
quel désastre!

Joemailman
10-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Sign Favre! He played with a linebacker's mentality.

Joemailman
10-06-2013, 06:03 PM
so are we at a point where we need to start looking for LB help, or do we have someone decent on the PS?

brad jones will probably miss some time with the hamstring injury. that leaves us really thin at ILB

No LB's on the practice squad. Lattimore and Barrington are on the 53 man roster.

Guiness
10-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Achilles. That's attached to the hamstring, right?

run pMc
10-07-2013, 08:00 AM
I'll stir the pot.
So I imagine this makes Hawk look a little more important and valuable, since he's been available through the years and seems to have hamstrings of bungee. ;)

Seriously, is the accounting firm of Lattimore and Barrington ready to play? I have no idea if they can do anything beyond play ST and have Kevin Greene talk about how far they've come since camp.

denverYooper
10-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Hawk has been having a pretty good year. He's even been playing decent coverage.

Packers4Glory
10-07-2013, 09:06 AM
while not a hamstring injury whatever they are doing to prevent hammy injuries...do the opposite!

Maxie the Taxi
10-07-2013, 09:17 AM
while not a hamstring injury whatever they are doing to prevent hammy injuries...do the opposite!

Fire Pepper Burruss and Dr. McKenzie! We need a team doctor who fell asleep during hamstring class.

Upnorth
10-07-2013, 10:25 AM
See this is another way that Hawk could be a value to the team, show everyone else how he streches and exercises his hamstrings. That is something you can expect from a 5th overall selection.

Seriously I think Manning would be a good temporary pick up as ILB is looking ugly. He is not a great player but he is okay and familiar with the system.

pbmax
10-07-2013, 10:54 AM
See this is another way that Hawk could be a value to the team, show everyone else how he streches and exercises his hamstrings. That is something you can expect from a 5th overall selection.

Seriously I think Manning would be a good temporary pick up as ILB is looking ugly. He is not a great player but he is okay and familiar with the system.

Excellent point. There are few things worse in a business trying to grow/win worse than an underutilized asset. Hawk could teach warmups in addition to his basic work as a LB. Slocum can teach tackling while continuing to have more leaks on special teams than he has fingers.

denverYooper
10-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Excellent point. There are few things worse in a business trying to grow/win worse than an underutilized asset. Hawk could teach warmups in addition to his basic work as a LB. Slocum can teach tackling while continuing to have more leaks on special teams than he has fingers.

Maybe it's time for everyone on the Packers to purchase a hyperbaric chamber.

mraynrand
10-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Jack LaLane could stretch out those hammies!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mhVRvlcV-O8/TnwCJu-ywsI/AAAAAAAAATo/Q-k4I3w1-iY/s1600/Picture+7.png

mraynrand
10-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Johnny LaRue knew how to cure 'muscle spasms'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNt511KIOv4