PDA

View Full Version : NICK PERRY WAS NOT AND IS NOT HURT

red
10-06-2013, 04:31 PM
word is starting to get around that nick perry got dinged up and had to come out of the game

before there is any panic amongst you folks who missed the game, let me clear it up

Perry was not hurt. his shoe fell off and he couldn't get it back on, so he fell to the ground. a bunch of trainers ran out to help him, and they were clearly just trying to get his shoe back on. the confusion comes from the idiots in the booth saying he was hurt

perry came out for the one play because they stopped the game for him, he was back in on the next play

I repeat, Nick Perry was in NO WAY hurt today

Smeefers
10-06-2013, 04:34 PM
So... what you're trying to say is....?

Patler
10-06-2013, 04:42 PM
word is starting to get around that nick perry got dinged up and had to come out of the game

before there is any panic amongst you folks who missed the game, let me clear it up

Perry was not hurt. his shoe fell off and he couldn't get it back on, so he fell to the ground. a bunch of trainers ran out to help him, and they were clearly just trying to get his shoe back on. the confusion comes from the idiots in the booth saying he was hurt

perry came out for the one play because they stopped the game for him, he was back in on the next play

I repeat, Nick Perry was in NO WAY hurt today

Will he miss time this week?
Does the NFL have a shoe-applying protocol he will need to follow to be cleared to play?

red
10-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Will he miss time this week?
Does the NFL have a shoe-applying protocol he will need to follow to be cleared to play?

yes he probably will miss a couple weeks

now that i have said he was not injured at all, i'm sure he'll show up on the injury report with a hamstring

pbmax
10-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Update: He was indeed hurt on that play.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 55m
FYI, for those telling me TV said he only lost his shoe, Nick Perry said he indeed hurt his ankle on that play late in the game. #Packers

Bossman641
10-06-2013, 07:56 PM
How did Perry get his 2 sacks? Is he potentially turning a corner?

Joemailman
10-06-2013, 07:57 PM

Yes, that's how he got the sacks.

pbmax
10-06-2013, 08:00 PM

One was coverage so not exactly. But the other was interesting. He humped the tackle (not sure if he was in contact with him or just juked him) and got right by him to immediately threaten the QB. That was a move you could hang your career on.

Several Twitter folks said Perry looked like a different pass rusher after Matthews went out and Perry move to his right side OLB spot.

pittstang5
10-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Several Twitter folks said Perry looked like a different pass rusher after Matthews went out and Perry move to his right side OLB spot.

Read that somewhere too. So, question: is Clay that much better on the right? If Perry is more comfortable on the right, can't he and Clay switch. Maybe not permanently, but a couple plays a game. Seems Clay could play any side and be a factor.

pbmax
10-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 5h
It sure looks like Nick Perry is a lot more comfortable on the right side. #Packers

Joemailman
10-06-2013, 08:11 PM
This could get interesting. Matthews played inside some in dime today, and he's played at a Pro Bowl level at both OLB positions. A situation where teams don't know from play to play where Matthews is going to line up could create some real headaches for opposing offenses.

George Cumby
10-06-2013, 08:28 PM
One was coverage so not exactly. But the other was interesting. He humped the tackle (not sure if he was in contact with him or just juked him) and got right by him to immediately threaten the QB. That was a move you could hang your career on.

AND he was being mugged on the one sack, the tackle was on him like Red on an drunk 18 yearold sorority girl.

red
10-06-2013, 09:22 PM
AND he was being mugged on the one sack, the tackle was on him like Red on an drunk 18 yearold sorority girl.

i wish i could still get on some 18 year olds

those were the days

http://www.ipadre.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Archie-Bunker.jpg

call_me_ishmael
10-06-2013, 11:07 PM

Granted I fell asleep in a deep fall slumber in the second half, but I noticed this too in between nap sessions. He looked good on the few plays I saw of him on Clay's side.

Pugger
10-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 5h
It sure looks like Nick Perry is a lot more comfortable on the right side. #Packers

This is good news and we might need Perry there if Clay is out for any length of time.

swede
10-06-2013, 11:37 PM
ason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 55m
FYI, for those telling me TV said he only lost his shoe, Nick Perry said he indeed hurt his ankle on that play late in the game. #Packers

Red, considering the arc of this thread you should go to the GC and start a thread called "Red Is Not and Will Not Bang 18 year old Sorority Girls"

pbmax
10-07-2013, 07:07 AM
This could get interesting. Matthews played inside some in dime today, and he's played at a Pro Bowl level at both OLB positions. A situation where teams don't know from play to play where Matthews is going to line up could create some real headaches for opposing offenses.

This is what I thought of first when they said Neal was going to OLB.

Iron Mike
10-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Red, considering the arc of this thread you should go to the GC and start a thread called "Red Is Not and Will Not Bang 18 year old Sorority Girls"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zpxNq11gw0E/SSO9hKyRZII/AAAAAAAAD4E/A-Za0K387-E/s400/sorority_girl1957.jpg

Smidgeon
10-07-2013, 11:23 AM

:rs:

mraynrand
10-07-2013, 12:36 PM

Hell, the Packers don't know from play to play whether Matthews is going to line up.

mraynrand
10-07-2013, 12:36 PM

Are we still talking about Red at the Sorority?

pbmax
10-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Hell, the Packers don't know from play to play whether Matthews is going to line up.

Its a need to know basis and only Matthews and his HIPPA compliant doctor/coach need to know :D

hoosier
10-07-2013, 03:07 PM

On the contrary, that is how he lost his shoe.