PDA

View Full Version : Two opponents at the same time

CaptainKickass
10-07-2013, 01:51 PM
You know, it's tough to beat another NFL team. It's even more difficult to beat another NFL team AND the referees.

Tired of feeling jobbed by these motherfuckers every game.

Is it getting worse? Or am I just getting more bitter than usual?

Tony Oday
10-07-2013, 01:55 PM
They are holding BAD on our WR in the Redzone. REAL BAD.

CaptainKickass
10-07-2013, 02:01 PM
I saw multiple uncalled, blatant holding, facemask, and interference. Not to mention the bullshit that gets called incorrectly.

Patler
10-07-2013, 02:10 PM
I am simply amazed when I see the PI/Holding, whatever that was called against Shields, then seeing Nelson going back for the ball, being grabbed around the neck and dragged down without a call shortly thereafter. I didn't like the call against Shields, but could understand it. The no call with Nelson, right out in the open as it was, was inexplicable. In no interpretation was that not a penalty.

I think the refs are still making up for what they let Woodson get away with for years, which was quite a lot sometimes.

pittstang5
10-07-2013, 02:14 PM
I think it's getting worse, but I'm totally biased and only watch Packer games very closely, so I don't know if other teams are being screwed as well.

I feel, if you're going to call something or not call something, be fair to both teams. Case in point - The holding on Shields got called, but the pure raping of Nelson in the end zone didn't. WTF

And the non-touchdown for Jones yesterday vs. Santana Moss's TD in week two. Different Ref Crews, but wasn't it the same thing.

MadScientist
10-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Just to play ref's advocate here, I'm pretty sure the rules regarding contact with receivers changes once the QB is out of the pocket. Basically they can be mugged. PI can be called, but holding and contact won't. The worst case I saw (missed the second half) was where Rodgers rolled out and all the receivers where mugged.

SkinBasket
10-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Dont forget the second blatent attempt at a trip as Rodgers was scrambling out of his own endzone that wasn't called.

channtheman
10-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Dont forget the second blatent attempt at a trip as Rodgers was scrambling out of his own endzone that wasn't called.

Saw that too. Lions bunch of dirty mofos.

pbmax
10-07-2013, 06:35 PM

That was hard to believe when it was missed. Was nearly the same spot in the pocket, though Rodgers escaped up through the pocket rather than around the outside. Wonder if the Head Ref has to move his spot when the offense is backed up into the endzone.

Freak Out
10-07-2013, 07:41 PM
It is consistently bad around the NFL.

gbgary
10-07-2013, 09:08 PM
the officials had a very rough day sunday. seems every flag had a discussion. you either saw it or you didn't. black and white.