Joemailman
10-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Division Winners

1. New Orleans Saints 5-0
2. Seattle Seahawks 4-1
3. Detroit Lions 3-2 Head to head tiebreaker over Chicago
4. Philadelphia Eagles 2-3 Better division record than Dallas

Wild Card Teams

5. San Francisco 49ers 3-2 Better Conference winning pct. than Arizona and Chicago
6. Arizona Cardinals 3-2 Better Conference winning pct. than Chicago

Outside Looking In

7. Chicago Bears 3-2
8. Green Bay Packers 2-2
9. Dallas Cowboys 2-3 Head to head tiebreaker over St. Louis
10. St. Louis 2-3
11. Carolina Panthers 1-3 Better Conference winning pct. than Minnesota and Washington
12. Minnesota Vikings 1-3 Better Conference record than Washington
13. Washington Redskins 1-3
14. Atlanta Falcons 1-4
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0-4
16. New York Giants 0-5

red
10-08-2013, 04:59 PM
its interesting that usual favorites like the falcons and giants are sucking hind tit right now

both have QB's that i think the media makes out to be much better then they really are. theres talk about NY dumping coughlin and talk that atlanta could have a fire sale to start to rebuild for the future

Joemailman
10-08-2013, 05:21 PM
What stands out to me right now is that New Orleans and Seattle have the top 2 seeds. That means that everybody else could be faced with the prospect of having to win at Seattle and at New Orleans in successive weeks to get to the Super Bowl. That's why I'm cheering for San Francisco to win the NFCW. Rather play there than at Seattle, unless injuries change the picture significantly.

denverYooper
10-08-2013, 07:52 PM
If the Packers play in Seattle, they'll beat the Seahawks to a pulp.

George Cumby
10-08-2013, 08:18 PM
If the Packers play in Seattle, they'll beat the Seahawks to a pulp.

This is the type of confident machismo I like to see!

Guiness
10-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Anyone paying attention to the Giants? What's going on over there, did the wheels totally fall off? No great upheaval that I've heard about, surprising they're so bad.

red
10-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Anyone paying attention to the Giants? What's going on over there, did the wheels totally fall off? No great upheaval that I've heard about, surprising they're so bad.

they were good because they had an awesome pass rush. then they let it rot

now they're giving up points, and eli is having to actually be a QB, and he's showing his true colors

pbmax
10-09-2013, 10:44 AM
they were good because they had an awesome pass rush. then they let it rot

now they're giving up points, and eli is having to actually be a QB, and he's showing his true colors

O line is having problems too. RBs aren't what they used to be and whatever they can do now, they supplement by fumbling. In other words, this year is proof positive Eli is not the QB Rodgers is.

denverYooper
10-09-2013, 11:40 AM
O line is having problems too. RBs aren't what they used to be and whatever they can do now, they supplement by fumbling. In other words, this year is proof positive Eli is not the QB Rodgers is.

Same thought I had about the Falcons and Ryan.

Guiness
10-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Same thought I had about the Falcons and Ryan.

Falcons are having a Packer-like injury year. #1 and #2 WRs and starting RB and backup RB, starting LT all out.

denverYooper
10-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Falcons are having a Packer-like injury year. #1 and #2 WRs and starting RB and backup RB, starting LT all out.

Yeah. And Ryan's actually playing pretty well, holding the team together as much as he can, but they are just not pulling out the wins.

Fritz
10-09-2013, 01:31 PM
I heard something yesterday about all the teams that've recently signed QB's to mega-contracts and are now struggling. The question came up as to how you do that and still field a respectable supporting cast in a hard-cap era.

Now I understand why the mantra in GB is "draft and develop, draft and develop," and why the Packers seem to be more focused on later-round picks than other teams seem to be.

pbmax
10-09-2013, 01:41 PM
I heard something yesterday about all the teams that've recently signed QB's to mega-contracts and are now struggling. The question came up as to how you do that and still field a respectable supporting cast in a hard-cap era.

Now I understand why the mantra in GB is "draft and develop, draft and develop," and why the Packers seem to be more focused on later-round picks than other teams seem to be.

I heard people yapping about it yesterday as well. One of them stated the larger QB contracts ($19 million per year offered as the level they were talking about - nicely understated yet accurate enough) taking up 25% of the team's cap space. http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13969/headscratcher.gif

I then switched to music.

Pugger
10-09-2013, 03:18 PM

Atlanta's problem is they don't have any depth behind their starters so when the injury bug hits they are in trouble like we are seeing now.

Guiness
10-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Atlanta's problem is they don't have any depth behind their starters so when the injury bug hits they are in trouble like we are seeing now.

No team in the league has that kind of proven depth at multiple positions. You just have to hope that the next guy in line steps up.

GB was an exception at the WR position for a couple of years. Hindsight has shown us that the kool-aid drinkers were right, there were 3 #1WRs on the team in Driver, Jennings and Nelson. And JJ is no worse than a #2 on just about any team.

Pugger
10-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Atlanta inexplicably traded away a bunch of picks for a WR the year after we torched their defense in that playoff game in January 2011. In contrast TT tries to stockpile picks every year. TT gets blasted for not signing FAs. We all wanted TT to go after Steven Jackson and he was standing in street clothes the other night watching the Falcons lose again. I'd much rather be in our situation with a young buck like Lacy behind Rodgers instead.

mraynrand
10-09-2013, 03:36 PM
No team in the league has that kind of proven depth at multiple positions. You just have to hope that the next guy in line steps up.

GB was an exception at the WR position for a couple of years. Hindsight has shown us that the kool-aid drinkers were right, there were 3 #1WRs on the team in Driver, Jennings and Nelson. And JJ is no worse than a #2 on just about any team.

Excepting that there never really was a true overlap of three #1's - Jordy comes in in 2009 and by 2010, Jones and Nelson were taking a lot of the receptions from Driver and his drop off was evident. (funny, pro football reference has Nelson listed as KR/PR in 2009 and KR in 2010 - even though he had supplanted Driver by that point).

mraynrand
10-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Atlanta inexplicably traded away a bunch of picks for a WR the year after we torched their defense in that playoff game in January 2011. In contrast TT tries to stockpile picks every year. TT gets blasted for not signing FAs. We all wanted TT to go after Steven Jackson and he was standing in street clothes the other night watching the Falcons lose again. I'd much rather be in our situation with a young buck like Lacy behind Rodgers instead.

Win Now!

http://a.espncdn.com/media/nfl/2006/0102/photo/a_sherman_195.jpg

red
10-09-2013, 05:15 PM

i wouldn't mind taking an approach that is somewhere in the middle

what you listed were two extremes, theres a lot of room in the middle

red
10-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Win Now!

http://a.espncdn.com/media/nfl/2006/0102/photo/a_sherman_195.jpg

i remember how most people on here acted when we got rid of that asshole. "we can't get rid of him, look at our win %"

i kept saying, "its not him, he has a good team and we win in spite of our coach"

just like i say these days with fat mike

well what the hell has sherman gone on to do after we canned him? he couldn't even cut it in college. we did win back then because of the players, not the worthless fat fuck coach....

just like we are now