PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson's son assaulted

Guiness
10-11-2013, 01:19 PM
A bunch of stories at PFT and TMZ about AP's 2yr old son being severely beaten, and is now in the hospital on life support.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/11/report-petersons-son-beaten-in-critical-condition/

Feel terrible for the guy (and the kid, of course), has to be a horrible feeling for him.

btw It's not AP Jr who's shown up in a lot of pictures but another boy, pretty sketchy on those details. A lot of questions, who was the guy, what was he doing alone with the kid, motivation...what a mess.

hoosier
10-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Ugh. Pretty hard to fathom what could bring a grown man to do that to a 2-year old.

MadScientist
10-11-2013, 01:51 PM
A bunch of stories at PFT and TMZ about AP's 2yr old son being severely beaten, and is now in the hospital on life support.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/11/report-petersons-son-beaten-in-critical-condition/

Feel terrible for the guy (and the kid, of course), has to be a horrible feeling for him.

btw It's not AP Jr who's shown up in a lot of pictures but another boy, pretty sketchy on those details. A lot of questions, who was the guy, what was he doing alone with the kid, motivation...what a mess.

From some of the articles, the guy was dating and living with the boy's mother, and it was a fairly new relationship.

Studies have show this sort of behavior in some other animals (cats are a notorious example), but this animalistic behavior needs to be removed from human behavior. In any even women need to use caution before bringing a new man into a small child's life, regardless of how infatuated they are.

red
10-11-2013, 02:01 PM
its just a sickening story. i had to stop reading at one point

poor kids got severe head injuries. the asshole that did it needs to be gassed

Guiness
10-11-2013, 02:05 PM
From some of the articles, the guy was dating and living with the boy's mother, and it was a fairly new relationship.

Studies have show this sort of behavior in some other animals (cats are a notorious example), but this animalistic behavior needs to be removed from human behavior. In any even women need to use caution before bringing a new man into a small child's life, regardless of how infatuated they are.

Yes, getting rid of a competing bloodline so your own can survive. Most would consider is a pretty base instinct.

The situation is a bit confusing, I guess partially because AP has kept his family out of the limelight. The son that we have seen photos of is Adrian Peterson Jr. Not sure how old he is, both boys seem pretty close to the same age. The guy who is accused of assaulting the kid is the mother's boyfriend, who I assume is not the same woman that is AP Jr's mother? None of this really matters, although I assume it will result in a fair amount of tabloid fodder.

Guiness
10-11-2013, 02:28 PM
its just a sickening story. i had to stop reading at one point

poor kids got severe head injuries. the asshole that did it needs to be gassed

More than severe head injuries. Reports are there is no brain activity, they're giving it 24h then pulling the plug on life support.

Gassed I guess. At a loss for what should be done. Serious, serious questions about the kid's mother.

MadtownPacker
10-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Disgusting and worse yet you know this wasn't the first time this animal hit the boy so lock the mother up too.

Maxie the Taxi
10-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Calling the guy an animal insults my cat. How about evil.

bobblehead
10-11-2013, 03:52 PM

And in yet other animal species the males all share fathership roles. Humans tend to be closer to that model....and if we do gas this fucker we will be one step closer, so lets have some evolution in action.

Old School
10-11-2013, 03:52 PM
This story is just heartbreaking. And it's repeated across the country too many times. It's hard to conceive of an appropriate punishment.

Guiness
10-11-2013, 04:14 PM
This story is just heartbreaking. And it's repeated across the country too many times. It's hard to conceive of an appropriate punishment.

Repped. Your last sentence described just how I was feeling but couldn't quite put into words.

mraynrand
10-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Human beings are not cats - ever hear of free will? Evolution/adaptation doesn't work at the individual level.

Tony Oday
10-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Put him in prison with a 6'10" black gay top and keep him there forever.

red
10-11-2013, 04:45 PM
kids been pronounced dead

not much of a praying man, but my thoughts are definitely with AP

Cheesehead Craig
10-11-2013, 04:50 PM
As a father of 2 kids, I just can't even imagine doing that. Best wishes to you AP.

Guiness
10-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Human beings are not cats - ever hear of free will? Evolution/adaptation doesn't work at the individual level.

Exactly, they are not sentient beings.

mraynrand
10-11-2013, 07:40 PM

going on the comparison to wild animals, simply put the guy down with a lethal dose of sodium pentathol. Why does he deserve to live?

denverYooper
10-11-2013, 07:55 PM

Yes.

I recently changed jobs and now am writing applications to manage data on children at risk. For my first project with the group, I'm doing the programming for a child safety assessment. Some days I cry when I'm testing it and I have to fill out the questions because I know why they're there and that many of them will be answered in ways that break my heart.

MJZiggy
10-11-2013, 08:11 PM
It's hard to conceive of an appropriate punishment.

I'm working on it. The one I have in mind so far starts with binding him loosely and letting AP at him for a little while, proceeds with a baseball bat (though no blows to the head for fear he might lose consciousness) and finishes with making him watch while you look up the instructions for drawing and quartering before actually doing it to him with red hot instruments. It's a start at least.

I have a kid and I spend a decent amount of time thinking about his future and what his life could hold. I can't possibly fathom what AP is going through but if there is a god in heaven, I hope he has that little boy in his care tonight.

MadScientist
10-11-2013, 10:31 PM

Exactly, they are not sentient beings.

Humans aren't cats, which is why we think these actions are monstrous instead of acceptable. And its why we don't put down tom cats that kill off another tom's kittens. We shouldn't pretend that this base instinct doesn't exist, at least at some level in some men. Be aware of it to learn to avoid it or find a way to eliminate it.

As for this creep, no punishment is enough because no punishment will bring that little boy back. Best I can think of is to first subject him to what ever tests that could determine what made him act that way, so maybe we can learn something and use it to prevent future tragedies and then recycle him - remove all useful organs and give them to people who deserve a chance to live.

mraynrand
10-11-2013, 10:35 PM
We shouldn't pretend that this base instinct doesn't exist, at least at some level in some men. Be aware of it to learn to avoid it or find a way to eliminate it.
This is true of all human instincts. They are subject to the will.

As for this creep, no punishment is enough because no punishment will bring that little boy back. Best I can think of is to first subject him to what ever tests that could determine what made him act that way, so maybe we can learn something and use it to prevent future tragedies and then recycle him - remove all useful organs and give them to people who deserve a chance to live.

Sometimes some behavior doesn't have a reductionistic explanation. Maybe he's evil, maybe he was never properly parented. Go down the road you describe and you get to an all too familiar place:

http://www.fee.org/the_freeman/detail/national-health-care-medicine-in-germany-1918-1945#axzz2hRCp6378

Joemailman
10-11-2013, 11:00 PM
http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3189137.shtml

Joseph Patterson has History of Abuse

In separate cases, the prosecution has filed a petition to order Patterson to serve two, year-long sentences that had been previously suspended involving separate criminal cases, according to KSFY News, an ABC affiliate in Sioux Falls. The first conviction against Patterson was for a simple assault, and the second was for violating an order of protection involving a victim in the assault case.

Patterson is a man of two halves. On one half he gives off the appearance of a god fearing man who has it all together. On his Facebook page it says, he works at "Organo Gold" Coffee Company as a distributor at Empire Mall, while at the same time owning "Patterson Construction."

His heart and soul as he writes it, is his son from a previous relationship. In one post he wrote "is so tired of reading posts about what people don’t have, to all my family, friends, and people. Let's take a simple moment to give thanks to God for what we do have!” And another says, “always so happy!! my buddy got his hair cut short like his daddy's. Such a cute smile!”

But the other half in these court documents from 2012 paints a darker and angrier Joseph Patterson.

A woman he dated says, he threatened to kill her many times. But in an incident in June of 2012, Patterson was accused of spanking his then girlfriend’s son’s bare butt so hard he left welts.

He and the child’s mother got into an argument that led to him grabbing her by the throat, bouncing her up and down several times while his fist was in the air, according to the criminal complaint.

Patterson was charged and pled guilty to simple assault. He received a 365 day suspended sentence.

The Lincoln County Attorney's Office is now filing motions to revoke that suspended sentence in light of what he is charged with now.

Patterson is facing a $750,000 cash bond to get out of jail.

A court hearing is scheduled for Oct. 30 regarding the petition.

Have to wonder why the mother would leave the child with this guy if she knew anything about his past.

Rastak
10-11-2013, 11:21 PM
http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3189137.shtml

Have to wonder why the mother would leave the child with this guy if she knew anything about his past.

Hard to say but perhaps she didn't know about his past.

He's gonna have a great time in prison. You killed a fucking 2 yo kid? You killed my favorite running backs kid? You mother fucker.

Scene fades.....start inmates funeral scene......

Freak Out
10-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Yep. If he ever hits the general population in the house he is a goner.

Rastak
10-11-2013, 11:53 PM

Is Sandusky the dude complaining about being in solitary? Thought I read that, maybe someone else.

Actually I think it was someone else.

Either way, have at it studly. Into the general pop with you.

Guiness
10-11-2013, 11:57 PM

Thing is, he likely won't. Following on the cat/sentient being thing, it's an odd place to be. Guy barely qualifies as a human being, but will likely be afforded the full protections accorded to one. When he should be treated roughly like a rabid wild animal.

No one's talking about it, but I wonder if AP has other skeletons in his closet? He thanked the team and media for their respect of his privacy and with this coming to light I have to wonder if he's hiding other parts of his past.

Rastak
10-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Thing is, he likely won't. Following on the cat/sentient being thing, it's an odd place to be. Guy barely qualifies as a human being, but will likely be afforded the full protections accorded to one. When he should be treated roughly like a rabid wild animal.

No one's talking about it, but I wonder if AP has other skeletons in his closet? He thanked the team and media for their respect of his privacy and with this coming to light I have to wonder if he's hiding other parts of his past.

He's not quite Shawn Kemp but he does like to produce offspring......when you are single is that a skeleton? Not sure what you mean. I guess in 1970 having an illegitimate kid would be big. Now, (unfortunately in my opinion) it's the norm it seems.

Guiness
10-12-2013, 12:22 AM
He's not quite Shawn Kemp but he does like to produce offspring......when you are single is that a skeleton? Not sure what you mean. I guess in 1970 having an illegitimate kid would be big. Now, (unfortunately in my opinion) it's the norm it seems.

I hear ya. I guess the skeleton is how much influence and interaction he may or may not have had with the kid, and if he knew what was going on in his life. You've got one kid who's picture is in the national news, hanging around the stadium, etc...what was this other one? Chopped liver?

My ex-wife seemed to have in her mind that when she wanted to get divorced I'd ride off into the sunset never to be seen again. She tried for sole custody and a lot of other crap (restraining orders, calling the police, etc). Why she ever thought in her craziest moment I'd walk away from my two sons and not be part of their life baffles me. So my big question in this is, did AP have influence in his son's life? Did he have any idea this guy was part of it? Believe me, when my ex hooked up with her new dork, it didn't take me long to find out what I needed to know about him...even if it cost me a bit of money to learn it.

Rastak
10-12-2013, 12:28 AM
I hear ya. I guess the skeleton is how much influence and interaction he may or may not have had with the kid, and if he knew what was going on in his life. You've got one kid who's picture is in the national news, hanging around the stadium, etc...what was this other one? Chopped liver?

My ex-wife seemed to have in her mind that when she wanted to get divorced I'd ride off into the sunset never to be seen again. She tried for sole custody and a lot of other crap (restraining orders, calling the police, etc). Why she ever thought in her craziest moment I'd walk away from my two sons and not be part of their life baffles me. So my big question in this is, did AP have influence in his son's life? Did he have any idea this guy was part of it? Believe me, when my ex hooked up with her new dork, it didn't take me long to find out what I needed to know about him...even if it cost me a bit of money to learn it.

Yea, I sure see your side on your situation. As to Peterson's, I have no idea how close they were. Crazy to even speculate I guess. If he REALLY didn't give a shit I would think he wouldn't even leave the Vikings facility to go there after it happened.

Anyway, who knows, not really our business what his relationship was.

SnakeLH2006
10-12-2013, 03:26 AM
Alot of reports but it seems like they don't know if it was his kid or not...but prob was just a fling. Either way the douchebag prob was jealous as fuck and beat the kid down. Gas the clown. How anyone could hurt a kid, esp at 2 is beyond me. Sick shit.

Fritz
10-12-2013, 10:05 AM
This whole situation is a parent's worst nightmare come true. The worst.

There is no prison cock big enough to hurt and punish that guy enough for what he's done.

But I am oddly comforted by what I've heard that prisoners are notorious for hating on inmates who have inflicted injuries upon children. If he's in the general population at all, he won't last long.

Maxie the Taxi
10-12-2013, 12:33 PM

Ludwig von Mises: "Man is not, like the animals, an obsequious puppet of instincts and sensual impulses. Man has the power to suppress instinctive desires, he has a will of his own, he chooses between incompatible ends." - The Ultimate Foundation of Economic Science

mraynrand
10-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Ludwig von Mises: "Man is not, like the animals, an obsequious puppet of instincts and sensual impulses. Man has the power to suppress instinctive desires, he has a will of his own, he chooses between incompatible ends." - The Ultimate Foundation of Economic Science

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXRX47L_3yE

Pugger
10-12-2013, 02:37 PM

What is more disturbing is this guy has a history of violence towards women and children. That mother will never forgive herself and hopefully she will be more prudent in her choices of male companions in the future.

Pugger
10-12-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm working on it. The one I have in mind so far starts with binding him loosely and letting AP at him for a little while, proceeds with a baseball bat (though no blows to the head for fear he might lose consciousness) and finishes with making him watch while you look up the instructions for drawing and quartering before actually doing it to him with red hot instruments. It's a start at least.

I have a kid and I spend a decent amount of time thinking about his future and what his life could hold. I can't possibly fathom what AP is going through but if there is a god in heaven, I hope he has that little boy in his care tonight.

He should be put in the general population and let the inmates take care of him like they did Jeffery Dahmer.

MJZiggy
10-12-2013, 06:35 PM
He should be put in the general population and let the inmates take care of him like they did Jeffery Dahmer.

That's too quick. They'll just kill him. Someone like that deserves to die very slowly and quite painfully.

mmmdk
10-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Terrible story, I can't believe anyone would do harm to an innocent 2 year old but we all know it's not that uncommon. Truely sad.

mraynrand
10-13-2013, 07:42 AM
That's too quick. They'll just kill him. Someone like that deserves to die very slowly and quite painfully.

that's very harsh - I thought you guys preferred to blame society. You want to torture this guy because society caused him to kill a 2 year old? Do you suggest waterboarding him a couple hundred times? Should he be treated better or worse than 911 terrorists?

Iron Mike
10-13-2013, 08:34 AM
What is more disturbing is this guy has a history of violence towards women and children. That mother will never forgive herself and hopefully she will be more prudent in her choices of male companions in the future.

I'd be willing to bet that she just moves on to the next swinging dick with a dollar in his pocket.

MJZiggy
10-13-2013, 10:21 PM
that's very harsh - I thought you guys preferred to blame society. You want to torture this guy because society caused him to kill a 2 year old? Do you suggest waterboarding him a couple hundred times? Should he be treated better or worse than 911 terrorists? Are you nuts? Society can be blamed for things like pot dealing and some petty theft. NOT for beating a 2-year-old to death. Take the fucker out.

Guiness
10-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Read that the first time AP saw this boy was in the hospital on life support.

mraynrand
10-14-2013, 06:55 AM
Are you nuts? Society can be blamed for things like pot dealing and some petty theft. NOT for beating a 2-year-old to death. Take the fucker out.

I said to take him out. You want to torture him. I just wonder if you want to torture him more or less than 911 terrorists, like KSM.

MJZiggy
10-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Why choose? He's a monster who willfully beat a toddler to death. Terrorists willfully killed thousands without regard to anything beyond their own selfishness. Don't they both deserve a flavorful taste of what they dished out?

George Cumby
10-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Some MFers are just in need of killin'.

This infanticidal piece of shit is one of them.

A slow, painful death is just gravy.

But I am not the one to decide how much pain is enough to pay for the little boy.

SnakeLH2006
10-17-2013, 03:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXRX47L_3yE

Man..Makes me wonder why I'm such an ass man...I shed a tear for that pussy. Great stuff bro.

Smidgeon
10-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Read that the first time AP saw this boy was in the hospital on life support.

I saw that too. So I'm guessing it wasn't too difficult for AP to play that Sunday since he wasn't even involved in the kid's life. Like at all.

Cheesehead Craig
10-17-2013, 10:44 AM
AP is the football version of Shawn Kemp apparently: http://nypost.com/2013/10/17/adrian-peterson-could-have-7-kids-ex/

SnakeLH2006
10-18-2013, 01:09 AM
AP is the football version of Shawn Kemp apparently: http://nypost.com/2013/10/17/adrian-peterson-could-have-7-kids-ex/

Just wow..Snake's girlfriend of 3 years now wants kids but I made it into my 30's with a steady supply of sex/g-friends and no kids.

Note to AP: Cum in their mouth you idiot.

call_me_ishmael
10-18-2013, 01:17 AM
Finley is worse. I've read that Finley could have as many as 13 kids. Apparently he sleeps with a diff girl every night.

SnakeLH2006
10-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Finley is worse. I've read that Finley could have as many as 13 kids. Apparently he sleeps with a diff girl every night.

Awww shit...don't get me started with Finley. I personally know 2 girls he slept with a few years ago after a charity softball function while married...and if you google the Web he knocked up a bunch of girls in Arizona during offseason training...which made his wife move in with him in AZ to keep an eye on him.

call_me_ishmael
10-19-2013, 01:59 AM
Pretty revealing thread on Finley. Dude is a sleezebag. Then again, all of these guys probably are.

http://www.talk-sports.net/nfl/girlfriend.aspx/Jermichael_Finley

red
10-19-2013, 08:49 AM
I saw that too. So I'm guessing it wasn't too difficult for AP to play that Sunday since he wasn't even involved in the kid's life. Like at all.

yeah i think the media is playing the "AP the victim" card a little too much here

2 years and he never saw the kid, to me that means he didn't want the kid at all

can't miss something you don't have

Guiness
10-19-2013, 08:50 PM
yeah i think the media is playing the "AP the victim" card a little too much here

2 years and he never saw the kid, to me that means he didn't want the kid at all

can't miss something you don't have

Word was that he didn't know the kid existed until a month or two ago?

George Cumby
10-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Socrates: “Excessive emphasis on athletics produces an excessively uncivilized type, while a purely literary training leaves men indecently soft.”

TravisWilliams23
10-20-2013, 09:10 AM
I've heard they've invented these things called "condoms" and there's even an operation called a "vasectomy" that can prevent impregnating a woman! Maybe the universities and high schools these elite athletes attended didn't have any classes on sex ed!

pbmax
10-20-2013, 09:57 AM
I've heard they've invented these things called "condoms" and there's even an operation called a "vasectomy" that can prevent impregnating a woman! Maybe the universities and high schools these elite athletes attended didn't have any classes on sex ed!

Lawyers and money work almost as well. Or so I am told.

SnakeLH2006
10-22-2013, 03:09 AM
Pretty revealing thread on Finley. Dude is a sleezebag. Then again, all of these guys probably are.

http://www.talk-sports.net/nfl/girlfriend.aspx/Jermichael_Finley

Yep..Sux having a neck injury but none of us shed a tear who knew of him in my locale, as some Rats didn't wanna believe me for years. But, there's a pletheron of scummy BS that follows this sleazebag. I could post more but it's easily found all over the Web constantly from Tennessee to GB to AZ to Cali to Texas to prob every state.

At least AP is a model NFL team player and not a show-boating loudmouth tease on the field. It would be more palatable if JF was half the player he thought he was and not such a douchebag in EVERY aspect off the field.

http://thebiglead.com/2013/04/21/jermichael-finley-baby-mama-claims-he-hasnt-paid-child-support-then-goes-scorched-earth-on-twitter/

At least Cobb seems like a stand-up guy. I wish the best in his speedy recovery.