PDA

View Full Version : Gonzo

Tony Oday
10-12-2013, 04:21 PM
With his team in the tank and no real shot at the big game do you think we could rent him for a fifth rounder or trade him for Finley?

Guiness
10-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Publicly, at lest, he's saying he doesn't want to go anywhere.

CaptainKickass
10-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Packers made a run at Gonzo way back in the day.

I can't help but think about BOTH Finley and Gonzo on our team at the same time with Aaron tossing the ball. That would rival anything since the Jackson/Chmura pairing.

Freak Out
10-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Is it time for TT to make a play for Gonzo?

denverYooper
10-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Is it time for TT to make a play for Gonzo?

Pull the trigger TT!!

Freak Out
10-28-2013, 05:52 PM
I have no clue what it would cost to bring him over for the rest of the year....but the ATL is circling the drain and this is probably the last dance for Gonzo. Why would he not want to do this now?

Joemailman
10-28-2013, 05:55 PM
They would have to pay him about 2 million for the rest of the year. He's still putting up pretty good numbers. That would be an interesting move. I imagine he'd be all for it. 37 year old future HOFer who's never been to a Super Bowl.

Brandon494
10-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Lmao do you not see the post Patler just put up about 50 of the 53 guys on our team have never played else where. While it would be nice I learn a while ago to never get my hopes up with these type of moves with TT as our GM.

Joemailman
10-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Lmao do you not see the post Patler just put up about 50 of the 53 guys on our team have never played else where. While it would be nice I learn a while ago to never get my hopes up with these type of moves with TT as our GM.

I doubt people are expecting it to happen. One thing about this situation that is different though is that TT did try to trade for Gonzalez in 2008. Gonzalez' reputation makes him a player I thing TT would consider bringing in without worrying about an adverse effect on team chemistry.

Smeefers
10-28-2013, 07:11 PM
I doubt people are expecting it to happen. One thing about this situation that is different though is that TT did try to trade for Gonzalez in 2008. Gonzalez' reputation makes him a player I thing TT would consider bringing in without worrying about an adverse effect on team chemistry.

Back in 2008 we were horrible in ways undescribeable. I mean, we were still better than the bears and lions, but jeez we sucked. We're in a completely different place now and honestly, I don't know how much I want TT to give away picks for talent. I really really trust his drafting ability. We're down to two rookie outside linebackers and we're still doing... okay... kind of. I mean, he may only be 50/50 in the first round, but in the later rounds he hits a lot more than he misses. I'm starting to teach myself to be way more excited about our 2nd and 4rth round pick than I am about our 1st.

Guiness
10-28-2013, 09:33 PM
His base is only $4m this year? Nice, he's be well worth that.

On the TE front, I wonder if Fred Davis is even worth looking at? His salary for the year is $1M, and the way the Redskins are shopping him I'm guessing he could be had for a 7th rounder, a 6th at the most.

George Cumby
10-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Ted hoards his draft picks like gold. He isn't giving shit up for Gonzalez.

Patler
10-28-2013, 11:24 PM
The funny thing is, just about the time we all get convinced that TT will never do something, he goes out and does it. TT never traded up, then all of a sudden began doing it somewhat regularly.

I wonder how much MM might be lobbying for something like this? How critical to the success of the offense is Finley in MM's opinion? How comfortable is he with what guys like Bostick or Stonebruner might offer? Obviously, the offense will change without Finley, but does it have to be a step back as opposed to just a change?

If MM is truly concerned about the impact from losing Finley (assuming he won't be returning this year), Gonzales would make a heck of a lot of sense, would likely be cheap to acquire. On the other hand, if MM is not overly concerned about rolling with changes without Finley, why bother making a trade?

mission
10-28-2013, 11:52 PM
I would love this trade for even a 4th, which I know is probably too much for the rental. Get to see a lot of Tony down here and he's just a Man... catches everything with those big hands.

Brandon494
10-29-2013, 12:00 AM
We did win the SB with Quarless as our starting TE. :tup:

Pugger
10-29-2013, 01:31 AM
Will TT feel a 4th is too steep? I'm not holding my breath...

Iron Mike
10-29-2013, 07:08 AM
I'd rather trade for Jairus Byrd and jettison that M.D. Jennings/Jerron McMillian combo...

Guiness
10-29-2013, 08:46 AM
I'd rather trade for Jairus Byrd and jettison that M.D. Jennings/Jerron McMillian combo...

Byrd would be all kinds of a mistake. He seems to have made it pretty obvious that he doesn't want to play, or at least does not want to for the Bills. I don't think you want a guy like that around, I'd much rather have a guy like Gonzo who will not give you any trouble that way at all.

Pugger
10-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Byrd would be all kinds of a mistake. He seems to have made it pretty obvious that he doesn't want to play, or at least does not want to for the Bills. I don't think you want a guy like that around, I'd much rather have a guy like Gonzo who will not give you any trouble that way at all.

Who wants to play for the Bills? ;-) Is Byrd even healthy? Gonzo would be great but would TT relinquish a draft pick for a one year rental?

Teamcheez1
10-29-2013, 12:12 PM
How much would you offer for a 37 year old TE at the end of his career? Granted, he is still shifty and has great hands, but for only 9 games (plus playoffs), is he worth more than a 6th or 7th rounder.

I think TT should pass on this one. 5 years ago it made sense. Now, not so much.

Guiness
10-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Who wants to play for the Bills? ;-) Is Byrd even healthy? Gonzo would be great but would TT relinquish a draft pick for a one year rental?

Health is the problem.

Team and their doctors said he's healthy, he says he isn't. I think he played a game, or part of a game and pulled himself out? I really don't know, but not hearing good things. Plus, rumour has it the Bills want a player, not a pick for him - so who do you give up? I'm guessing they don't want a backup OL...

bobblehead
11-01-2013, 10:57 AM
I would say that given the state of this team, and that Finley is a mush head now, I would give up a pick to rent Gonzo for the remainder of the year. Guy is a goto stud.

HarveyWallbangers
11-01-2013, 11:14 AM
I would say that given the state of this team, and that Finley is a mush head now, I would give up a pick to rent Gonzo for the remainder of the year. Guy is a goto stud.

You're a little late to the party. The trade deadline has passed.