PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Jolly - Back from the Abyss (NFL.com)

NewsBruin
10-14-2013, 06:44 AM
I haven't seen it posted here, but this article by Andrea Kremer (http://www.nfl.com/jolly?campaign=Twitter_writers_kremer) showed how deep Jolly was in with codeine and how committed some of our veteran D players were to keep Johnny in football.

There's a standard formula for writing stories like this: Bad person hits fock bottom; sees the light, gets humble, yadda yadda. I just hope that Johnny stays adjusted, happy, and can get that next contract to set him up for post-football life. Finances were alluded to, and I don't know what Jolly or his mom have going on right now.

pbmax
10-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Al Harris with another assist for the Packer defense. Nicely done Al.

denverYooper
10-14-2013, 08:37 AM
I wonder if this is a big part of the DL resurgence?

"There's only a few people that can do it: Take three years off football and pick up right where they left off," Pickett said. "And Johnny is one of them. He's just a special player, a special guy, a special talent. It's pretty remarkable how fast he got back on the field and picked up where he left off. And he's our vocal leader on the D-line."

mraynrand
10-14-2013, 09:26 AM
I wonder if this is a big part of the DL resurgence?

I think it is. They were talking this up in the preseason. Not only is Jolly talented, but guys rally around him - for him and with him.

George Cumby
10-14-2013, 10:01 AM
He adds that street tough edge this D needs.

Comeback player of the year, possibly.

cheesner
10-14-2013, 10:02 AM
I haven't seen it posted here, but this article by Andrea Kremer (http://www.nfl.com/jolly?campaign=Twitter_writers_kremer) showed how deep Jolly was in with codeine and how committed some of our veteran D players were to keep Johnny in football.

There's a standard formula for writing stories like this: Bad person hits fock bottom; sees the light, gets humble, yadda yadda. I just hope that Johnny stays adjusted, happy, and can get that next contract to set him up for post-football life. Finances were alluded to, and I don't know what Jolly or his mom have going on right now.

Yeah, if he can cash in big this coming offseason, he can move up to top shelf 100% pure coke.

One thing I thought about, is there seems to be a new cohesiveness on the defense and particularily on the DL. I wonder if the team rallying around Jolly has brought them closer and more focused as a team. I hope Jolly retires a Packer - he is the biggest improvement the Packers have this season. And what a great warning/example/leader to all the rookies coming in.

Old School
10-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Johnny Jolly is a great story, and I'm happy for him. I heard while he is quiet and reserved when talking to reporters, he is anything but in the locker room. He is described as loud and demanding of his line mates. He is givenmajor credit for the new "nasty" attitude on the D line.

hoosier
10-14-2013, 01:14 PM
He adds that street tough edge this D needs.

Comeback player of the year, possibly.

He also brings street cred. His teammates take one look at him and think "but for the grace of god, there go I."