PDA

View Full Version : It's Over

mraynrand
10-14-2013, 12:53 PM
The great thing that was Packerrats is over. The Packer part is still kinda okey dokey, but the RR and FYI are pretty much gone. The end is spreading over me like a soft warm blanket - oops, that's just me wetting myself. How Gauche!

Freak Out
10-14-2013, 05:10 PM
The pulse is fading......

sooner6600
10-14-2013, 06:38 PM
We need to go on a recruitment drive!

We need to advertize.

Little Whiskey
10-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Never say die!

George Cumby
10-14-2013, 09:31 PM
We need Nutz back.

red
10-15-2013, 09:29 AM
you can thank you're political forum probably for killing worse

this use to be a fun place where everyone came to fuck around, but a handful of you had to have a politics section. in my experience, nothing kills a forum like talk of politics

my opinion was changed greatly about a few folks just by the few threads i read in there. i'd much rather hack up some of you people now and drag you for a few miles then talk about packer stuff and talk about our favorite songs or movies.

there was no place for politics in a forum about the packers. you had to have one, it HAS fucked up the site and run some people off for good.

go talk politics on a political forum, leave fun shit here

Upnorth
10-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Rand, I think we know what your calling is. I believe it is to start posting random red fun shit that is interesting to bring a pulse back to the RR. I never knew it in the good old days as I lurked the site for a few years before joining, but I think there is still a good collection of random insanity here.

Little Whiskey
10-15-2013, 11:27 AM
The site needs a new partial. (Not the new partial, he is boring).

mraynrand
10-15-2013, 07:37 PM

this use to be a fun place where everyone came to fuck around, but a handful of you had to have a politics section. in my experience, nothing kills a forum like talk of politics

my opinion was changed greatly about a few folks just by the few threads i read in there. i'd much rather hack up some of you people now and drag you for a few miles then talk about packer stuff and talk about our favorite songs or movies.

there was no place for politics in a forum about the packers. you had to have one, it HAS fucked up the site and run some people off for good.

I don't think the political debate affected the other stuff. People argued on opposite sides in FYI and would get along in other areas. I can only think of one person who ran off due to FYI, and there were probably other reasons for it. Red, you consistently complain about FYI, but it's always been easily avoidable, and you've avoided it. Your position has very little support.

red
10-15-2013, 08:21 PM
i've watched too many great forums get ruined by the shit

take it to the fox news and msnbc message boards, they're the ones that have turned politics in to a big business and just a fucking game for most americans

leave this as a fun place

mraynrand
10-15-2013, 10:51 PM
i've watched too many great forums get ruined by the shit

take it to the fox news and msnbc message boards, they're the ones that have turned politics in to a big business and just a fucking game for most americans

leave this as a fun place

As Tex used to say: Politics is fun - or can be. Your last argument, thin as it was, was better.

George Cumby
10-15-2013, 11:08 PM
I pretty much stay out of the FYI as I would prefer to loathe you dysfunctional degenerates for who you are, not for your politics.

sooner6600
10-16-2013, 07:21 AM
as they say in Chicago; home of dearest leader; politics is not beanbag.

red
10-16-2013, 09:08 AM
As Tex used to say: Politics is fun - or can be. Your last argument, thin as it was, was better.

so playing with peoples lives is fun?

SkinBasket
10-16-2013, 10:39 AM

Who's "playing with people's lives?"

What the fuck have you been smoking because your posts on this subject lack any kind of coherent thought.

SkinBasket
10-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Thought this thread topic was from 3 years ago to be honest.

red
10-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Who's "playing with people's lives?"

What the fuck have you been smoking because your posts on this subject lack any kind of coherent thought.

hey a personal attack from skin, imagine that

stay classy skin, site couldn't survive without your worthless bullshit in every fucking thread

you're a troll and always have been

mraynrand
10-16-2013, 11:42 AM

FYI is political discussion. And yes, it can be fun - because politics is in part philosophy and can be enjoyable to discuss. It has much more depth and meaning than football games, for example. It is of course, in practice, deadly serious.

call_me_ishmael
10-17-2013, 12:02 AM
Twitter killed it. The internet forum is dying rapidly. My Mac forum is pretty much dead, too these days.

LEWCWA
10-17-2013, 02:29 AM
if you hate people because of how they feel politically, you have the problem......

SkinBasket
10-17-2013, 05:36 AM
hey a personal attack from skin, imagine that

stay classy skin, site couldn't survive without your worthless bullshit in every fucking thread

you're a troll and always have been

Says the guy attacking several posters at once for "ruining" this site. Guess you're going to use your victimhood to ignore the question. Very clever.

I will have you know that far more posters have expressed a favorable view of my worthless bullshit than negative, so put that in your self righteous, egotistic, cry baby pipe and stick it in your ass until it bleeds.

red
10-17-2013, 07:29 AM
if you hate people because of how they feel politically, you have the problem......

are you serious?

almost every war has been fought over a differences in politics or religion

even our very own civil war

red
10-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Says the guy attacking several posters at once for "ruining" this site. Guess you're going to use your victimhood to ignore the question. Very clever.

I will have you know that far more posters have expressed a favorable view of my worthless bullshit than negative, so put that in your self righteous, egotistic, cry baby pipe and stick it in your ass until it bleeds.

where have i said certain posters were ruining the forum? i said politics ruin forums

are you the all mighty politics?

and do you have numbers on how many more people find you favorable? i got no problem with your little schtick, in fact i like it, but i can see how it would turn off certain posters or run off any possible new posters

but hey, you're the packer rat troll. you're main job here is to get under as many peoples skin as possible. right?

Iron Mike
10-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Ahh, hell.....me and Cheesey can get the Romper Room back up and running in a heartbeat. It'll give LEWCA something to bitch about. :)

SkinBasket
10-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Red, I think the only thing turning anyone off is some nutball on an ill thought out censorship crusade that will benefit exactly no one. I understand you're very passionate about this idea, but it's just making you look like a big loud gaywad.

SkinBasket
10-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Twitter killed it. The internet forum is dying rapidly. My Mac forum is pretty much dead, too these days.

I've been waiting almost a decade to say this, but partial is exactly right.

red
10-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Red, I think the only thing turning anyone off is some nutball on an ill thought out censorship crusade that will benefit exactly no one. I understand you're very passionate about this idea, but it's just making you look like a big loud gaywad.

please, use your fucking brain for a change, and your eyes

did i say we had to get rid of anything? did i act like a little bitch and say "get rid of it, or i'm leaving"?

no

i said, "hey am i the only one thinking we are better off without it, what does everyone else think?" mad saw it and liked the idea so he moved it, i did not ask him for that. it could have just stayed in the RR and 4 people would have seen the thing. but mad wanted to get the opinion of everyone

now that the vote is not going my way do you see me acting like a little bitch and trying to hijack the ,forum and threaten to leave?

and judging by the vote, again, ITS NOT JUST FUCKING ME that thinks politics on a forum like this is a bad idea

the difference between you and me is that i had the balls to actually do something by starting a poll and ASKING others, where you just sit there and bitch, cry, and throw your own little fit that makes you look even worse then me in the eyes of everyone

but you've been the forum joke all along anyways

MadtownPacker
10-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Partial right? Fuck the end is near then.

3irty1
10-17-2013, 12:14 PM
please, use your fucking brain for a change, and your eyes

did i say we had to get rid of anything? did i act like a little bitch and say "get rid of it, or i'm leaving"?

no

i said, "hey am i the only one thinking we are better off without it, what does everyone else think?" mad saw it and liked the idea so he moved it, i did not ask him for that. it could have just stayed in the RR and 4 people would have seen the thing. but mad wanted to get the opinion of everyone

now that the vote is not going my way do you see me acting like a little bitch and trying to hijack the ,forum and threaten to leave?

and judging by the vote, again, ITS NOT JUST FUCKING ME that thinks politics on a forum like this is a bad idea

the difference between you and me is that i had the balls to actually do something by starting a poll and ASKING others, where you just sit there and bitch, cry, and throw your own little fit that makes you look even worse then me in the eyes of everyone

but you've been the forum joke all along anyways

I wouldn't take the poll as a mandate. You worded the choices about as slanted as you possibly could have. It reads as if you're opposing the inclusion of political discussion in the Packers forum when you're really in opposition to politics in the political forum on a Packers website.

red
10-17-2013, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't take the poll as a mandate. You worded the choices about as slanted as you possibly could have. It reads as if you're opposing the inclusion of political discussion in the Packers forum when you're really in opposition to politics in the political forum on a Packers website.

i don't see the site like that at all

the entire place is built around the packer forum, we are all here because of the packer forum. i see FYI, the RR , bucks forum, etc as being sub forums of the main packer forum. those were branched off and made to keep the main packer forum running smoothly

but i guess i can see your point. in fairness to me, i did start it in the RR where it might have made more sense

and one of the main parts that the politicos are bitching about is mad telling them that political sigs and avs aren't allowed. thats politics being outside FYI. rand said he would once again quit if mad made him remove his av, then he might have quit anyways. maxi changed his stuff without bitching, and skin jumped on cause there was a fight and he loves fucking with everyone and everything

RUnuts
10-17-2013, 12:26 PM

So many forums have gone in the shitter for that very reason

SkinBasket
10-17-2013, 12:52 PM

He never knew it, but I was pulling for him the whole time.

3irty1
10-17-2013, 12:56 PM
i don't see the site like that at all

the entire place is built around the packer forum, we are all here because of the packer forum. i see FYI, the RR , bucks forum, etc as being sub forums of the main packer forum. those were branched off and made to keep the main packer forum running smoothly

but i guess i can see your point. in fairness to me, i did start it in the RR where it might have made more sense

and one of the main parts that the politicos are bitching about is mad telling them that political sigs and avs aren't allowed. thats politics being outside FYI. rand said he would once again quit if mad made him remove his av, then he might have quit anyways. maxi changed his stuff without bitching, and skin jumped on cause there was a fight and he loves fucking with everyone and everything

I'd totally agree with you if you wanted stricter policing of political sigs, avs, and any other content. The rules are very clear and Mad bends just the right amount IMO. At the end of the day if you left over something like an av that Mad made you change, there wasn't much keeping you here in the first place.

What you're talking about is not additional policing, its eliminating the FYI all together. I think that's bad.

red
10-17-2013, 01:28 PM
I'd totally agree with you if you wanted stricter policing of political sigs, avs, and any other content. The rules are very clear and Mad bends just the right amount IMO. At the end of the day if you left over something like an av that Mad made you change, there wasn't much keeping you here in the first place.

What you're talking about is not additional policing, its eliminating the FYI all together. I think that's bad.

well, in a way. my asking people if they want the politics gone from here might just end up leading to those stricter rules

mads got a little ammo now with some people speaking out where if he wants to, he can tighten things up

Zool
10-17-2013, 02:27 PM
He never knew it, but I was pulling him the whole time.

Nothing wrong with a little rub and tug among friends.

SkinBasket
10-17-2013, 02:42 PM
If you were worth a shit as a moderator, you would have ninja edited my post, then quoted it, like the good ol' days.

SkinBasket
10-17-2013, 02:44 PM
well, in a way. my asking people if they want the politics gone from here might just end up leading to those stricter rules

mads got a little ammo now with some people speaking out where if he wants to, he can tighten things up

I don't think mad needs you as his butt puppet. He's doing fine making terrible decisions on his own.

Zool
10-17-2013, 03:07 PM
If you were worth a shit as a moderator, you would have ninja edited my post, then quoted it, like the good ol' days.

Sadly I can't edit posts anymore. I miss the old days.

MadtownPacker
10-17-2013, 05:05 PM
I don't think mad needs you as his butt puppet. He's doing fine making terrible decisions on his own.
What the fuck are you talking about? I make great decisions. Why just today I decided to have the chicken gumbo with my Italian stallion sandwich. Very daring but it paid off and tonight my poop will come out smoother than soft serve chocolate ice cream. Might even make the cool swirl shape.
http://packerrats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=109&d=1382047452

SkinBasket
10-17-2013, 09:01 PM
What the fuck are you talking about? I make great decisions. Why just today I decided to have the chicken gumbo with my Italian stallion sandwich. Very daring but it paid off and tonight my poop will come out smoother than soft serve chocolate ice cream. Might even make the cool swirl shape.
http://packerrats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=109&d=1382047452

I guess we've all matured over the years in our own ways. Salud.

call_me_ishmael
10-18-2013, 01:28 AM

This. Hide yo' kids hide yo' wife!

Little Whiskey
10-18-2013, 05:50 AM

He never knew it, but I was pulling for him the whole time.

Just like I said. The new partial is boring.

MadtownPacker
10-18-2013, 10:50 AM
I guess we've all matured over the years in our own ways. Salud.
Oh my bad, only you get to act like a fucking moron. Aynrand is right, no fun club here.

MadtownPacker
10-18-2013, 10:56 AM
This. Hide yo' kids hide yo' wife!
Shit I would worry more about hiding the dog from your sick ass.

SkinBasket
10-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Oh my bad, only you get to act like a fucking moron. Aynrand is right, no fun club here.

Jesus. Just once you should try reading a post without divining some paranoid, hidden insult toward you. Maybe you wouldn't be such an asshole all the time.

woodbuck27
01-17-2014, 10:26 PM
I'll try to swing this into a little upbeat silly comedy.

It seems a moi that red is the champion of common sense and reason here.

Ohh look.... a reaction from six grade four students. Their clapping so hard you can't see their faces.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

So as not to discriminate here's some border line political philandering and tacky wisdom from who else but Peter Griffin:

http://familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/It_Takes_a_Village_Idiot,_and_I_Married_One?file=D avid_Letterman_-_The_Top_10_Things_Peter_Griffin_Would_Like_To_Say _To_America

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2gwBzSZQcgO9vhcUb3qrX3krSbrJ6t _2Y4L4uyoTc5pb31Hawmg

Peter Griffin's baby brother ......... Peter Griffin.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJD2fykdp_4E_Dlf9g_EWx9f4-XWaQQulkyOkyrwLanRSyEFOs

mraynrand
01-17-2014, 10:28 PM
Ohh look.... a reaction from six grade four students. Their clapping so hard you can't see their faces.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Gex?

woodbuck27
01-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Hey "M" you've vanished.

woodbuck27
01-17-2014, 10:37 PM
Whaaaaaat....

I can't ....................hear yaa.

Deputy Nutz
01-31-2014, 09:22 PM
I was surprised to see that madtoe has the fortitude to keep this place going. I guess every once in a while you need to buy a rock of crack to make sure your dealer is still around.

woodbuck27
02-01-2014, 07:07 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYKLyZlr-ng1VfAspFUXLMY1c0ofvFnONi_5PKc4HmuWF8-O-D

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUNehdaCkZJqPE4EwENXd4bbq-m6sc3Bmr_fdRLBJACgfRoXrGMg