PDA

View Full Version : Lance Johnstone goes to Oakland

HarveyWallbangers
04-13-2006, 01:27 AM
Lance Johnstone goes to Oakland.

Lost in the fact that the Vikings signed Steve Hutchinson is the fact that they've lost their former stud QB, their best WR, their best pass rushing DE, and their second best corner.

Green Bay may suck this year, but at least I'm secure in the knowledge that the Vikings are no closer to a championship, IMHO, right now. That could change, but I'm not all that impressed with their offseason. Shows you what one big offseason move can do in the eyes of the national media. If Thompson happened to sign Arrington and/or Woodson (ain't going to happen, I know), you'd see the national media changes it's tune on the Packers--even if in reality those two aren't worth the money.

HarveyWallbangers
04-13-2006, 01:34 AM
CB Sammy Davis got traded for WR Rashaun Woods. Two high draft pick disappointments got traded for each other.

Trey Teague, one of the few remaining decent interior OL (maybe the only one) signed with the Jets.

Rastak
04-13-2006, 09:04 AM
Lance Johnstone goes to Oakland.

Lost in the fact that the Vikings signed Steve Hutchinson is the fact that they've lost their former stud QB, their best WR, their best pass rushing DE, and their second best corner.

Green Bay may suck this year, but at least I'm secure in the knowledge that the Vikings are no closer to a championship, IMHO, right now. That could change, but I'm not all that impressed with their offseason. Shows you what one big offseason move can do in the eyes of the national media. If Thompson happened to sign Arrington and/or Woodson (ain't going to happen, I know), you'd see the national media changes it's tune on the Packers--even if in reality those two aren't worth the money.

Harvey, 6 tds and 12 picks does not equal a stud. Word now is he may not even play this year. Getting a 2nd round pick was outstanding. Burleson may not have been their best WR....I do not think Troy Williamson will be a bust, I think he will be their #1 or 2 reciever by years ed. Johnstone is old, so they replaced him with someone younger. I quite like their offseason moves. They picked up two offensive lineman including arguably one of the best at his position in the entire NFL. Chester Taylor averaged over 4 yards a carry and many experts think he's perfect for their offense. If Brian Williams plays as consistantly as he did last year it would be the main loss. That may be offset with 5 picks in the first three rounds. They still need to address linebacker....although they hyave young guys that could blossom.