PDA

View Full Version : Another Packer Out For 2-4 Weeks

Maxie the Taxi
10-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Ryan Taylor

From Rotoworld:

Packers TE Ryan Taylor underwent a knee scope Wednesday and will miss 2-4 weeks.
Coach Mike McCarthy says Taylor will miss no more than a couple of weeks and should be on the front end of the recovery timetable. Taylor has played 57 snaps on offense this season but is mainly used on special teams.

Brandon494
10-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Well the Stoneburner call up makes more sense now.

Patler
10-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Signing Stoneburner makes a bit more sense now.

Out for sure this week - Taylor, Matthews, Perry.
No indication he will be back this week - Hayward, Starks and linebacker Jones.
Pie in the sky hope he will be back - receiver Jones.
No one seems to care or be interested in his return - Bush.

Filling out the list of game day inactives will be difficult only in deciding which player(s) to keep active in spite of the fact that he won't play. Factors that will enter into it will include which players receive bonuses for being on the game day roster!

hoosier
10-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Yawn.

pbmax
10-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Given the way the Packers play shorthanded with injuries, they should just suit up 40 each Sunday and tell those active that everyone else came down with pneumonia the night before.

cheesner
10-16-2013, 03:07 PM
This is the real reason King stayed in Denver. He knew if he came to Green Bay the chances of injury would go up about 80%.

CaptainKickass
10-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Well shit on some toast and pass it off as peanut butter! Here I was still hoping this kid might eventually have a breakout game.

Joemailman
10-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Well shit on some toast and pass it off as peanut butter! Here I was still hoping this kid might eventually have a breakout game.

He will. In 2-4 weeks.

packer4life
10-16-2013, 06:06 PM
JSO reports that MM at his conference today said "(Hayward) I can't say he's ready to go. He practiced today. We'll see."

GBPG reports that MM at his conference today said "Hayward is ready to go".

HELP!?

Joemailman
10-16-2013, 06:25 PM
JSO reports that MM at his conference today said "(Hayward) I can't say he's ready to go. He practiced today. We'll see."

HELP!?

MM either said "I would", or "I wouldn't" "say he is ready to go". Hard to tell, but I think he said wouldn't. But he clearly didn't rule out Hayward for Sunday. Same for Brad Jones.

mission
10-16-2013, 06:50 PM

HELP!?

Context doesn't matter! He's ready.

pbmax
10-16-2013, 08:44 PM
mish, weshod corrected his quote in Twitter to indicate McCarthy did NOT know if Hayward was better yet. However, this is the first week he has practiced on Wednesday, so that might be a positive. His other practices have been on Thursday only.

run pMc
10-17-2013, 08:08 AM
I think Hayward will play a few snaps to shake the rust off. Brad Jones coming back would help. Packers need all the healthy starters they can get.