PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 other games thread

MadScientist
10-17-2013, 03:06 PM
First up Seattle vs Arizona.

Go Cards (I can stomach saying that for one day only).

CaptainKickass
10-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Well -

It's in AZ so if there's a chance to bring them no-trophy bastards down a notch, it'll be there.

I'm WAY mega-tired of hearing about the "12th man", "Beast Mode", "Loudest venue" and for fucks sake get rid of that gay "Skittles" thing. Instead of a Lambeau Leap kind of deal, a grown man scores a TD and then daintily showers the 1st couple of rows of fans with a "Rainbow" of Skittles? How much did Skittles pay for that shit? How obvious is it that they're attempting to appeal to the "Seattle Gay Community" with the aforementioned "Taste the rainbow" TD celebration?? It's bad enough we got all this pink bullshit that does exactly NOTHING to increase "awareness" of breast cancer. We all love titties and it's a total travesty that breast cancer exists. But you don't see them fuckers changing everything from the flags to uniforms to a nice shit brown color for motherfucking colon cancer now do you? No, you don't!

It's all just a fucking marketing ploy by the NFL to increase female viewership. They can't treat women like intelligent creatures who might enjoy the physicality of a collision sport and chess-like strategy and tactics involved in such and gain their viewership that way.

No. They just go "Let's make everything fucking PINK for a WHOLE MONTH! That'll really get the women to embrace our product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fju3yvUWDqM

pbmax
10-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Department of Things I Did Not Expect To See Tonight:

Ben Muth ‏@FO_wordofmuth 16m
Great block by Colledge on that TD run. Kicked the DTs ass.

pittstang5
10-17-2013, 09:37 PM
I really hate Seattle

red
10-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Department of Things I Did Not Expect To See Tonight:

Ben Muth ‏@FO_wordofmuth 16m
Great block by Colledge on that TD run. Kicked the DTs ass.

it seems that a lot of our former lineman, who were worthless with us, have gone on to be serviceable linemen elsewhere

wonder why that is?

George Cumby
10-17-2013, 10:28 PM
it seems that a lot of our former lineman, who were worthless with us, have gone on to be serviceable linemen elsewhere

wonder why that is?

Fire Campen!

Joemailman
10-17-2013, 10:29 PM

wonder why that is?

Colledge was serviceable here. Just too damn inconsistent to justify the money Arizona gave him. I don't miss him.

KYPack
10-18-2013, 07:24 AM

wonder why that is?

With young lineman, you are really drafting college boys and projecting how they are gonna play when they become mature, become men. With the expanded rosters, these kids can bounce around the league, growing and learning the job, either on a PS or lower roster spots.

Tony Moll, Jason Spitz, & Colledge all played in the NFL for years. They didn't distinguish themselves but they were serviceable. I can't think of a lineman we lost that was a star. We cut Jags and they continued to be JAGS. If you think Breno Giacomini was a big loss, read a Seahawk forum. he has more issues (injuries, penalties, Poor pass pro) than Bahk and Barclay put together.

The fact that there are a lot of ex Pack OL's just point out how well TT's scouts find NFL caliber players.

The other teams know this and hawk our roster for available prospects to fill out their rosters.

channtheman
10-18-2013, 07:49 AM
Well -

It's in AZ so if there's a chance to bring them no-trophy bastards down a notch, it'll be there.

I'm WAY mega-tired of hearing about the "12th man", "Beast Mode", "Loudest venue" and for fucks sake get rid of that gay "Skittles" thing. Instead of a Lambeau Leap kind of deal, a grown man scores a TD and then daintily showers the 1st couple of rows of fans with a "Rainbow" of Skittles? How much did Skittles pay for that shit? How obvious is it that they're attempting to appeal to the "Seattle Gay Community" with the aforementioned "Taste the rainbow" TD celebration?? It's bad enough we got all this pink bullshit that does exactly NOTHING to increase "awareness" of breast cancer. We all love titties and it's a total travesty that breast cancer exists. But you don't see them fuckers changing everything from the flags to uniforms to a nice shit brown color for motherfucking colon cancer now do you? No, you don't!

It's all just a fucking marketing ploy by the NFL to increase female viewership. They can't treat women like intelligent creatures who might enjoy the physicality of a collision sport and chess-like strategy and tactics involved in such and gain their viewership that way.

No. They just go "Let's make everything fucking PINK for a WHOLE MONTH! That'll really get the women to embrace our product.

Didn't you see the commercial where the woman literally did not know breast cancer was a thing until she saw the pink on TV and asked her husband about it? I don't actually believe the woman was a real person as I have no idea how a middle class woman would not know about breast cancer in this day and age.

red
10-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Didn't you see the commercial where the woman literally did not know breast cancer was a thing until she saw the pink on TV and asked her husband about it? I don't actually believe the woman was a real person as I have no idea how a middle class woman would not know about breast cancer in this day and age.
oh thats just BS

a woman living in a hole in the ground in the congo with no electricity and no outside communication knows about breast cancer these days

red
10-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Well -

abso-fucking-lutely

i said almost the same thing a week or two ago

and whats funny is, a couple guys have now worn green shoes form mental health awareness month. they both got fined by the nfl

its marketing, plain and simple. NFL won't do anything if they can't make money off it

Guiness
10-18-2013, 11:39 AM
abso-fucking-lutely

i said almost the same thing a week or two ago

and whats funny is, a couple guys have now worn green shoes form mental health awareness month. they both got fined by the nfl

its marketing, plain and simple. NFL won't do anything if they can't make money off it

Don't people with mental health issues watch the NFL? I'm thinking they do. I'm thinking there are a few examples right here! :satan:
They sure got rid of those stupid pink penalty flags in a hurry though.

I guess it's pretty simple for the NFL to make some pink jerseys and sell them, but they haven't figured out what products to sell to people with mental health issues. Maybe Jaguar tickets?

MadScientist
10-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Freeman is starting in Minny. He also said:

It’s just been an awesome deal, being blessed, having the opportunity to come play with an organization like Minnesota.
Wow, Tampa must really be a shithole of an organization.

Guiness
10-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Freeman is starting in Minny. He also said:

Wow, Tampa must really be a shithole of an organization.

Haven't heard too many good things about the Glazers, and it sure seems like Shianco is no treat to play for. I think some of the players are embarrassed by his 'tactics', most notably blowing up the kneel down. So I guess when you've been living under that yoke, anything halfway normal looks good!

red
10-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Don't people with mental health issues watch the NFL? I'm thinking they do. I'm thinking there are a few examples right here! :satan:
They sure got rid of those stupid pink penalty flags in a hurry though.

I guess it's pretty simple for the NFL to make some pink jerseys and sell them, but they haven't figured out what products to sell to people with mental health issues. Maybe Jaguar tickets?

pills with team logos on them would work

red
10-18-2013, 03:48 PM
i got a kick out of reading some cardinals posters today after the debacle that carson palmer had last night

they blamed the line, the run game, and fitz for not being fitz for him sucking so bad. just like oakland and cinci fans did before them

they just don't want to think that their savior, the guy they spent a good chunk of money on, has in fact been washed up for quite a few years now

pbmax
10-18-2013, 07:52 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/small-amount-of-money-from-pink-nfl-merchandise-goes-to-breast-cancer-research-2013-10

The NFL sends 90% of its royalty fee to research. Which sounds amazing. But the royalty fee is 25% of the wholesale cost of the merch (12.5% of total cost). The manufacturer is collecting 37.5% of total cost and that covers the wholesale take.

The other 50% of the total cost? Goes to the seller. Often the teams at the stadium or the League/team online store. No one has numbers on if any of that cut is shared with research. The NFL said this portion is used to fund the Awareness part of the program.

pbmax
10-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Boston writers, desperate for team news, have apparently compromised a Flight Attendant on the Patriots team plane or a bell hop at their hotel. They routinely get player inactives the Saturday before.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 12m
Aqib Talib is not traveling to New York, per source. Gronkowski is on the team trip.

red
10-20-2013, 09:23 AM
call it a gut feeling, but i think manning is gonna have a game that will go down in history today

pbmax
10-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Bears D is penetrable.

denverYooper
10-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Bears D is penetrable.

Just saw the last Redskins drive on the NFL.com game tracker. Yikes.

channtheman
10-20-2013, 02:29 PM
The moron Bengals didn't run a play in the last 10 seconds of the 3rd quarter and during the timeout the Lions finally realized the QB slide was short. I knew he was short when I watched it live, but shocking to me that the Bengals were so lax about it. Cost them a chance to keep the ball.

Joemailman
10-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Bears D is penetrable.

As is the Redskins. Noah Herron could run against these guys.

denverYooper
10-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Wow.

Shootout.

Are there even defenses on the field in Landover?

pbmax
10-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Nearly a great onside kick. Gould's dragging of his leg behind him cost the guy to his left on onside call that negated it.

pbmax
10-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Alshon Jeffrey with a great YAC

pbmax
10-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Brandon Merriweather needs to be suspended. 2nd shot to the head this game.

Joemailman
10-20-2013, 03:10 PM

Got to wonder what he does not understand about the rule.

Guiness
10-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Jets taking NE to overtime.

No one called the way the Jets are playing. Even a friend of mine who supports them through everything figured it was going to be another messed up season.

Guiness
10-20-2013, 03:13 PM

He needed to be suspended after the Packers game but the league wimped out.

pbmax
10-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Holding on a D lineman on a run play?

red
10-20-2013, 05:03 PM

no doubt about it. that is one cheap shot bastard

get him off the field

red
10-20-2013, 05:04 PM
He needed to be suspended after the Packers game but the league wimped out.

maybe if they would have suspended him the first time he wouldn't have been out there trying to injure guys today

Bretsky
10-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Merriweather has always been a tough SOB
I liked him coming out of the draft because he was an incredibly intimidating hitter and I though he was adequate in coverage
Reality set in at this level that his coverage is very poor but he's still a head hunter and these rules kill how he's played all his life

I think he gets suspended

The Bears, to me, are very dangerous this year; I appreciated Lovie Smith...but he was not good.

As I feared ....they hired an excellent offensive coordinator who has really helped Cutler develop and reach his potential.

Joemailman
10-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Texans lose Arian Foster and Cushing to injuries. Ouch. Fantasy owners of Ben Tate rejoice.

red
10-20-2013, 07:35 PM
looks like cushing tore his LCL and broke his leg

done for the season

red
10-20-2013, 07:36 PM
not a big manning fan, but god i hope manning lights up the colts to just shove it up irsays ass

pbmax
10-20-2013, 07:54 PM
I think Lovie coordinated this defense better than Tucker and that Rod Marinelli is one of the League's best D line coaches (see Dallas). Injuries and retirement aren't helping.

But Lovie is not missed elsewhere.

Frightening part is that Josh McCown looked like a better QB than Cutler in this game.

red
10-20-2013, 07:57 PM
cutler could be done for awhile, he wasn't moving to good, he might have torn the groin

ThunderDan
10-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Here is my problem with that call by refs.

Obviously they had no idea if the player was inbounds or out of bounds. Why not rule the TD and let the replay decide if the runner was out of bounds before the fumble? Ind doesn't get a TD they should have because of the refs miss call. Luckily they scored on the next play.

red
10-20-2013, 08:18 PM
OMG

colts kicker just destroyed trindin holliday

course it was helmet to helmet and it wasn't called

but he just decleated the shit out of him and sent him flying

red
10-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Here is my problem with that call by refs.

Obviously they had no idea if the player was inbounds or out of bounds. Why not rule the TD and let the replay decide if the runner was out of bounds before the fumble? Ind doesn't get a TD they should have because of the refs miss call. Luckily they scored on the next play.

its just another in a very long line of refs not letting the action play out. if they had let it go, they still could have reviewed it to get it right with no negative effects. in this case the colts are penalized for making a great play

if you want stupid rules, look at the college game. i think it was the georgia game yesterday. if you go helmet to helmet its a 15 yard penalty and an ejection. all the hits are reviewed to see if the played should be ejected or not.

well in the game, a georgia had a big hit. a flag was thrown for H 2 H, 15 yard penalty. they then reviewed the tape to see if the player should be ejected. upon review they deemed it a good hit, however because of how the rules were written, the penalty still counted

so, the refs reviewed the play, saw they got it wrong, but because of stupid rules, the penalty still stood

red
10-20-2013, 08:27 PM
2 td's and counting for manning over 11 minutes left in the first half

again, not a big fan of the guy, but he already has the MVP locked up right? i mean, he would almost have to get hurt and miss the rest of the season for him not to get it at this point

Guiness
10-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Texans lose Arian Foster and Cushing to injuries. Ouch. Fantasy owners of Ben Tate rejoice.

lol, you mean the guy I cut THIS WEEK because I was tired of weeks of watching him and Foster share carries?

Teamcheez1
10-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Manning is very good, but it will be interesting to see how he holds up for 16 games.

It's all timing and touch for him. He doesn't seem to be able to drive the ball any more.

SMBASS
10-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Can't stand the Donkeys and even though I respect Manning I'm getting tired of all the knob slobbering over him by the talking heads so I'm enjoying the game so far.

Officiating is terrible throughout the league. I think it's getting worse every year. The inconsistencies are starting to have too much bearing on the outcome of the games. The continual changing of the ticky-tack rules also seems to be creating some of this inconsistency. I can't stand Goodell for some of the crap he's doing to the game.

red
10-20-2013, 09:52 PM
lots of big injuries today

cutler is having an MRI tomorrow but bears trainers think its a pretty serious injury and could miss a good amount of time

Michael Silver ✔ @MikeSilver

Two Bears sources on Cutler injury: It could be bad.

sam bradford looks to be lost for the season

brian cushing looks to be lost for the season

arian foster injured his hamstring, and could miis a good amount of time

the chargers lost their starting LT, then lost his backup

we all know what happened to finley

bengal lost their best CB leon hall to a torn achilles

guys are dropping like flies all over the league, its not just us i guess

gbgary
10-20-2013, 11:11 PM
and it looked like an acl for Wayne.

pbmax
10-20-2013, 11:23 PM
What does it COULD be bad for Cutler mean? Do we need sources to make that statement about Cutler. Mike Silver can drive me crazy.

Fritz
10-21-2013, 09:08 AM
It's a safe statement. It could be bad. If it is, he gets credit. if it's not, he has cover.

Lions, at home against the Bungals, could not finish. They got behind, caught up, and stalled. Their best offensive play is for Stafford to just throw the ball up in Calvin Johnson's general direction.

Stafford missed twice on wide-open guys-not-named-Johnson, when he had plenty of time to throw. I think his messed up mechanics are beginning to show up in his results.

Andy Dalton is not that great of a QB. He's just okay.

denverYooper
10-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Chicken Littlles are coming out in Denver today.

red
10-21-2013, 09:37 AM
when i think, it could be bad for cutler, i'm thinking it could be a torn groan. thats what they are fearing, and an mri will tell them that today

if it is a tear, that has to be almost impossible for a QB to play with. can't move, can't drop back, can't step into throws

how long do torn groins take to heal, anyone know?

channtheman
10-21-2013, 12:23 PM
What does it COULD be bad for Cutler mean? Do we need sources to make that statement about Cutler. Mike Silver can drive me crazy.

Was wondering if anyone else caught that. Such a useless statement. :lol:

pbmax
10-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Andy Reid, Kool-Aid Man: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/10/21/4863116/finally-andy-reid-is-the-kool-aid-man

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/21530525/crf.0_standard_709.0.gif

Fritz
10-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Just a tidbit from the Detroit papers: amidst all the Jim Leyland news, an article in the Detroit News suggested briefly that some of the Lions' players were pissed off about the last second loss to the Bungals, but others in the lockerroom were already shrugging the loss off.

Could it be that the Lions are turning into, well, the Lions?

hoosier
10-21-2013, 04:33 PM

I was following that game on espn while at work and some guy named Rafer Weigel (sounds like a German biscuit maker) tweeted that Cutler was being taken to the hospital. It turned out to be based on a false report from the local ABC network. But my first thought was that the only reason to transport a guy to the hospital after a groin injury is if the family jewels are in danger.

Freak Out
10-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Andy Reid, Kool-Aid Man: http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/10/21/4863116/finally-andy-reid-is-the-kool-aid-man

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/21530525/crf.0_standard_709.0.gif

This is the best of the bunch. There is just no way to pass this opportunity up if you are the pitcher.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/hermano/original/152/doink-3_medium.gif

pbmax
10-21-2013, 05:11 PM
I was following that game on espn while at work and some guy named Rafer Weigel (sounds like a German biscuit maker) tweeted that Cutler was being taken to the hospital. It turned out to be based on a false report from the local ABC network. But my first thought was that the only reason to transport a guy to the hospital after a groin injury is if the family jewels are in danger.

There was a bogus set of Tweets sent out, claiming the Fox station in Green Bay said Finley was undergoing surgery. He had not gone into surgery. Turned out the station had reported nothing of the kind.

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2013, 05:25 PM
when i think, it could be bad for cutler, i'm thinking it could be a torn groan. thats what they are fearing, and an mri will tell them that today

if it is a tear, that has to be almost impossible for a QB to play with. can't move, can't drop back, can't step into throws

Only Cutler could go down with a torn groan.

Joemailman
10-21-2013, 05:29 PM

Skin and Nutz might know.

red
10-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Skin and Nutz might know.

those are torn assholes FYI

Joemailman
10-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Meriweather suspended for 2 games for helmet hits. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000267387/article/brandon-meriweather-banned-2-games-for-illegal-hits

That guy is a menace.

red
10-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Meriweather suspended for 2 games for helmet hits. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000267387/article/brandon-meriweather-banned-2-games-for-illegal-hits

That guy is a menace.

like bretsky said, it doesn't count unless it has its own thread

hoosier
10-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Titans cut three backups for smoking a fat one in the team hotel the day before the game. Not clear how the coaching staff found out, maybe they got ratted them out by someone from the practice squad who was in line for a promotion.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9859855/houston-texans-cut-sam-montgomery-cierre-wood-willie-jefferson

red
10-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Titans cut three backups for smoking a fat one in the team hotel the day before the game. Not clear how the coaching staff found out, maybe they got ratted them out by someone from the practice squad who was in line for a promotion.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9859855/houston-texans-cut-sam-montgomery-cierre-wood-willie-jefferson

texans not titans

one was sam montgomery who some of us were watching and talking about around draft time

guy had red flags everywhere, even his coaches thought he was lazy

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2013, 09:09 PM
What an awful game to watch tonight. These teams look like the records indicate they would look. The Vikings have done nothing--except return a punt for a TD. Eli is playing okay, but has thrown a couple of balls up that should have been picked already.

MadScientist
10-21-2013, 09:34 PM
What an awful game to watch tonight. These teams look like the records indicate they would look. The Vikings have done nothing--except return a punt for a TD. Eli is playing okay, but has thrown a couple of balls up that should have been picked already.

It looks like the Browns playing the Browns. Freeman can't hit the open guy. Eli sometimes can, but then the receiver drops it. Giants can run and Peterson may as well be Willard Harrell. If there weren't so many other terrible teams out there, I'd dub this the Clowney bowl. Instead I guess it's just a clown bowl.

Embarrassing for the NFL to have these teams playing on Monday Night, even the ESPN version of MNF.

run pMc
10-21-2013, 09:44 PM
The KFAN radio team is hilarious...they are just disgusted and frustrated by the incompetence of both teams, but especially theirs (Vikings).
Marcus Sherels returned a punt for a TD for the Vikings, and just impersonated Jeremy Ross by fumbling another over to NYG at the 3. AD has 10 carries for 19 yards, and Freeman is making Brandon Weeden look like Joe Montana. Minnesota has 4 1st downs and 108 total yards of offense.

The Ghost of Peyton Hillis punched the ball in, for a 17-7 lead with 9 minutes left in the 3Q.

I bet Greg Jennings' sister is happy.

run pMc
10-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Corderelle Patterson returns the KO 69 yards, and the Vikings end up having to punt from the Giants' 35 because their Kicker has a bad hammy from spending time around the Hutson Center. Punt is downed in the end zone.

I wonder if Minnesotans can reconsider paying for that new stadium and let the Wilfs take this team to LA?

Freeman took a bad sack pushing them back to the 35 on that drive, and granted it's only one game but he hasn't shown much to tell me he's the long term answer.
If this is the same team that shows up next Sunday against Green Bay, it will be mostly Packer Backers in the dome by the 4Q. Gotta think GB is going to be favored by the oddsmakers.

digitaldean
10-21-2013, 10:15 PM
My God, do the Queens feel in a giving mood tonight! TWO special teams fumbles?? Wow, Slocum must be moonlighting....

That offense is just awful. Freeman is 9 for 25 for 99 yards. The Giants D is doing their job, but wow Freeman is looking like he did toward the end at TB. Losing to the winless Giants will make Paul Allen go off the deep end on KFAN.

SMBASS
10-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Good grief, this game is a suckfest to end all suckfests. The Giants o-line is absolutely putrid. They can't figure out the one blitz package that Minnesota runs over and over and on a straight ahead run play earlier in the game their center and guard were supposed to double team the Vikes tackle and neither one of barely even put a hand on him. I don't see either of these teams going anywhere this year but I hope neither one of them gets lucky and catches lightening in a bottle when the Packers play them.

digitaldean
10-21-2013, 10:28 PM
It will always be tough in the Twinkiedome because they get up to play the Packers. Division games just are that nasty. I'm more concerned about Patterson getting through that vaunted ST cover unit.

Put 8 in the box. Freeman, at this stage anyway, isn't going to beat us.

Joemailman
10-21-2013, 10:29 PM
I wonder what Greg Jennings' sister thinks of Freeman. Gotta admit I feel a little sympathy for Jennings tonight. I'll get over it though. :grin: Jennings had 3 starting QB's in 7 years in Green Bay. He's had 3 in the last 4 weeks in Minnesota.

Joemailman
10-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Corderelle Patterson returns the KO 69 yards, and the Vikings end up having to punt from the Giants' 35 because their Kicker has a bad hammy from spending time around the Hutson Center. Punt is downed in the end zone.

I wonder if Minnesotans can reconsider paying for that new stadium and let the Wilfs take this team to LA?

Freeman took a bad sack pushing them back to the 35 on that drive, and granted it's only one game but he hasn't shown much to tell me he's the long term answer.
If this is the same team that shows up next Sunday against Green Bay, it will be mostly Packer Backers in the dome by the 4Q. Gotta think GB is going to be favored by the oddsmakers.

After this performance, it might be mostly Packer Backers in the dome in the 1st quarter.

red
10-21-2013, 10:41 PM
i like how gruden keeps trying to defend freeman by saying he hasn't been there long enough to learn the system

what system teaches you not to throw the ball twenty feet over your wide open receivers head, over and over again

this is just a horrible game, can't believe i'm still watching it

there gos gruden again

digitaldean
10-21-2013, 10:50 PM
Good God, this clown Freeman has thrown over 50 passes and stil doesn't even have 200 yards?? Wow. The Josh Freeman era may end quicker than the Christian Ponder era.

digitaldean
10-21-2013, 10:50 PM
Mercifully this game comes to an end.

King Friday
10-21-2013, 11:00 PM
i like how gruden keeps trying to defend freeman by saying he hasn't been there long enough to learn the system

what system teaches you not to throw the ball twenty feet over your wide open receivers head, over and over again

this is just a horrible game, can't believe i'm still watching it

there gos gruden again

Gruden did say at halftime that he would pull Freeman for Ponder...because Freeman clearly doesn't have enough grasp of the offense.

Thing is, it doesn't matter. Freeman is a bad QB. He and Sam Bradford both flashed some signs early, but at this point both guys look like duds long term.

red
10-21-2013, 11:03 PM
freeman was only a 55% passed last year and a 45% passer this year at tampa

tonight was ugly, but it might not get much better to tell the truth, the guy isn't very accurate

MadScientist
10-21-2013, 11:12 PM

That's wrong. Freeman clearly has been there long enough to learn to play like the other Viking QB's who've been there all year.

digitaldean
10-22-2013, 12:11 AM
Wow, listening to KFAN right now is just priceless. Ben Leber and his sidekick are expecting A-Rod to light the Vikes up for 50. Their joking to bring back Joe Webb.....they want Frazier and Spielman gone.

digitaldean
10-22-2013, 12:20 AM
Giants didn't look like world beaters tonight either.

pbmax
10-22-2013, 12:28 AM
Why did they pull Cassel in the first place?

Iron Mike
10-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Greg Jennings' sister:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ecc934455ba60da6de7707e11a5b08c5/tumblr_mv02fdiMIM1qa9yvvo2_400.gif

Iron Mike
10-22-2013, 07:27 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/21/4864896/josh-freeman-greg-jennings-gif-vikings-vs-giants

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3432675/jennings_medium.gif

LOLZ, SKOL Vikings = Sure, Keep On Losing...

George Cumby
10-22-2013, 07:28 AM
:-)

red
10-22-2013, 08:05 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/21/4864896/josh-freeman-greg-jennings-gif-vikings-vs-giants

you were offered more money to stay here gregie

pbmax
10-22-2013, 08:17 AM
He choose, poorly.

Cheesehead Craig
10-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Hey now, don't be so hard on Greg. He left so others could have a chance to shine and prosper. He's a selfless giver. He's suffering so that others can do well. He's gotta be happier since he's not brainwashed any longer and that they do things the right way in MN.

denverYooper
10-22-2013, 08:51 AM
I wonder what Greg Jennings' sister thinks of Freeman. Gotta admit I feel a little sympathy for Jennings tonight. I'll get over it though. :grin: Jennings had 3 starting QB's in 7 years in Green Bay. He's had 3 in the last 4 weeks in Minnesota.

Jennings looked pretty happy when Freeman got him blasted by 2 defenders.

denverYooper
10-22-2013, 08:54 AM
I know it's a division game, any given Sunday and all that but man... the Vikings looked flat out terrible.

Pugger
10-22-2013, 09:05 AM
The ONLY way the queens can win this upcoming game is if we turn the ball over deep in our end of the field and give up a long kickoff/punt return.

Old School
10-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Guess Jennings now knows it's the QB who makes the WR, not the other way around. Full of himself Greg hasn't done anything for the 3 QB's he let play with him this year. It's called just deserts. ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Brandon494
10-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Just heard Geno Smith has the most 4th qtr comeback drives in the NFL this season with 4. :shock:

Pugger
10-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Guess Jennings now knows it's the QB who makes the WR, not the other way around. Full of himself Greg hasn't done anything for the 3 QB's he let play with him this year. It's called just deserts. ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Karma is a bitch. I have no sympathy for that clown.

KYPack
10-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Jennings facial expressions on the sideline of last nite's game were priceless.

Those were some first class eye rolls he was puttin' out.

Freak Out
10-22-2013, 03:34 PM
This just in...Freeman to start on Sunday night. :)

denverYooper
10-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Freeman was the only player ranked lower than Weeden in FO's Quick Reads this week (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2013/week-7-quick-reads)...

Man, was he bad last night (although I do think he has more raw talent than Weeden).

KYPack
10-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Freeman was the only player ranked lower than Weeden in FO's Quick Reads this week (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2013/week-7-quick-reads)...

Man, was he bad last night (although I do think he has more raw talent than Weeden).

Freeman set an NFL record last nite.

For overthrowing receivers.

Christ, that was awful.

denverYooper
10-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Sports talk around here has been going on endlessly about a few things:
1.) Broncos didn't give Chris Clark help against Mathis, esp on the sack fumble. Turns out that losing your starting tackles hurts your offense.
2.) They have been wondering if the Jags and Colts have offered a blueprint to beat the Broncos: jam the receivers to mess up their timing and hit Manning.
3.) Maybe the defense is not good outside of Von Miller. They've given up tons of YPG and their HOF CB in the twilight of his career might not be able to get it done anymore.
4.) They're debating whether the Broncos can beat good teams with playoff defenses.

Sounds familiar, eh?

denverYooper
10-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Freeman set an NFL record last nite.

For overthrowing receivers.

Christ, that was awful.

So, was starting Freeman Frazier's call or did that come from above?

Cheesehead Craig
10-22-2013, 04:33 PM
So, was starting Freeman Frazier's call or did that come from above?

Rumor here is that it came from above. You don't sign a guy like that and not play him. Regardless of his suckitude.

red
10-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Rumor here is that it came from above. You don't sign a guy like that and not play him. Regardless of his suckitude.

thats what they made it sound like this morning on espn and nfln too

seems like it came from above. kind of de-balls frazier if you ask me

Joemailman
10-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Why did they pull Cassel in the first place?

He led them to a win.

pbmax
10-22-2013, 07:39 PM
He led them to a win.

Can't have that, Wilf's might need a tax break. Major League IV: Viking QB Roulette

denverYooper
10-23-2013, 08:35 AM
thats what they made it sound like this morning on espn and nfln too

seems like it came from above. kind of de-balls frazier if you ask me

And fucks over the players. I thought they were behind Cassel and now they get Freeman thrown on them by the upper management. No wonder Jennings was rolling his eyes.

run pMc
10-23-2013, 08:55 AM

I jsut spent 3 minutes watching this gif -- it's incredibly amusing and oddly hypnotic. James Jones should take a good look at how Greg's doing and how happy he is.

run pMc
10-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Sports talk around here has been going on endlessly about a few things:
1.) Broncos didn't give Chris Clark help against Mathis, esp on the sack fumble. Turns out that losing your starting tackles hurts your offense.
2.) They have been wondering if the Jags and Colts have offered a blueprint to beat the Broncos: jam the receivers to mess up their timing and hit Manning.
3.) Maybe the defense is not good outside of Von Miller. They've given up tons of YPG and their HOF CB in the twilight of his career might not be able to get it done anymore.
4.) They're debating whether the Broncos can beat good teams with playoff defenses.

Sounds familiar, eh?

IIRC the Ravens were handing it to the Broncos pretty good until they crapped the bed in the 2nd half. The commentators were talking about how bad their run D looked. You can't count out a team when you have Peyton Manning as your QB, but that team has weaknesses that can be exploited. The offensive numbers they will put up (in the AFC West) will only make them look better than they are. This team reminds me of the 2011 GB team.

channtheman
10-23-2013, 09:59 AM
I jsut spent 3 minutes watching this gif -- it's incredibly amusing and oddly hypnotic. James Jones should take a good look at how Greg's doing and how happy he is.

I'm sure GJ is wondering why he left right about now. He could have been loved by Pack fans for the rest of his career and made I think as much money as he ultimately got paid by the Vikings... oh and he could actually win games and be on a competitive team come January.

QBME
10-23-2013, 10:01 AM

Nice Brandon Meriweather avatar!

Guiness
10-23-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm sure GJ is wondering why he left right about now. He could have been loved by Pack fans for the rest of his career and made I think as much money as he ultimately got paid by the Vikings... oh and he could actually win games and be on a competitive team come January.

I'm not so sure about the money part, I thought there was quite a large gap. Not that we'll ever know what he was offered by GB, but at the end of the day they players have to give the business side of their career precedence. Seemed to me Minnesota was willing to pay him top flight money and GB wanted to pay him like a guy on the downside of his career.

red
10-23-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm not so sure about the money part, I thought there was quite a large gap. Not that we'll ever know what he was offered by GB, but at the end of the day they players have to give the business side of their career precedence. Seemed to me Minnesota was willing to pay him top flight money and GB wanted to pay him like a guy on the downside of his career.

it was reported that he was offered more by green bay during the season, but jennings didn't sign thinking he could get more. at the end of the season it was believed that the packers either lowered that number, or pulled the offer all together

the queens were the only ones that offered him anything, and, like i said, it was less then the original packer offer

and looking at his contract numbers, it looks to me like its actually a 2 year deal, maybe just one if minny decides to blow the team up and start over this offseason. but without a real QB and him starting to put up big numbers again, i just can't see him ever getting to those last 3 years where he counts 11 million against the cap each season

Patler
10-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Regarding Jennings, there was this report:

Sources familiar with negotiations said Jennings had an offer averaging about $8 million from the Packers before he took a five-year contract from the Minnesota Vikings that averaged about $9 million. He received a $10 million signing bonus and guarantees worth $18 million.
In 2012, when Jennings was near the peak of his powers, a source said talks on a multiyear extension ended when he turned down $11 million per year from the Packers, which was far less than the $15 million that he told the team he was seeking.

Then Jennings ...(was injured blah, blah, blah.)

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/jennings-passes-on-packers-8-million-offer-em96ep8-198638301.html#ixzz2iZ1OLl6r
Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter

This shows where some of his bitterness might have come from. He turned down $11 million/year because he wanted $15 million. Then, the Packers reduced their offer to $8 million.

ThunderDan
10-23-2013, 11:45 AM

This shows where some of his bitterness might have come from. He turned down $11 million/year because he wanted $15 million. Then, the Packers reduced their offer to $8 million.

Players take the gamble of sure money for the jackpot contract the last year under contract.
Some like Flacco hit pay dirt. Others like Jennings make less than the sure deal.

Guiness
10-23-2013, 11:48 AM
it was reported that he was offered more by green bay during the season, but jennings didn't sign thinking he could get more. at the end of the season it was believed that the packers either lowered that number, or pulled the offer all together

the queens were the only ones that offered him anything, and, like i said, it was less then the original packer offer

and looking at his contract numbers, it looks to me like its actually a 2 year deal, maybe just one if minny decides to blow the team up and start over this offseason. but without a real QB and him starting to put up big numbers again, i just can't see him ever getting to those last 3 years where he counts 11 million against the cap each season

Wow, sober today? Quite a memory there!

Sounds about right about the contract offers, although I wonder about the timing of the Packers offer? How much would they have really offered him during the '12 season while he was out with the groin injury?

Hard to tell what will happen going forward. His numbers aren't awful and project out to 70 catches and 900 yards for the year. If he gets that with the QBs they have throwing him the ball, everyone will know it was quite an accomplishment by him. Still, him being in Minnesota beyond 2014 looks improbable, that contract is written to be done after next year unless he returns to his 2010 form.

denverYooper
10-23-2013, 11:54 AM

I thought he was bitter that Rodgers didn't stick up for the WR when they messed up. I bet he'll change his mind about that when Boykin surpasses his numbers this year.

red
10-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Wow, sober today? Quite a memory there!

i have my good days and bad days as far as my memory is concerned. and it probably helps that i am sober right now

Cheesehead Craig
10-23-2013, 12:55 PM
i have my good days and bad days as far as my memory is concerned. and it probably helps that i am sober right now

You're sober now? Dammit, there goes my pool entry.

hoosier
10-23-2013, 01:27 PM

Sources familiar with negotiations said Jennings had an offer averaging about $8 million from the Packers before he took a five-year contract from the Minnesota Vikings that averaged about $9 million. He received a $10 million signing bonus and guarantees worth $18 million.

In 2012, when Jennings was near the peak of his powers, a source said talks on a multiyear extension ended when he turned down $11 million per year from the Packers, which was far less than the $15 million that he told the team he was seeking.

Then Jennings ...(was injured blah, blah, blah.)

While the reduction between spring 2012 and spring 2013 offers may be where his bitterness comes from, nobody can ignore his injury history and the fact that he is on the wrong side of 30 in 2013. If he is truly bitter over the reduced second offer, after two years of missing significant time due to injuries and then hitting 30, that just shows that he cannot separate his emotions from the logic of business.

Guiness
10-23-2013, 02:01 PM
While the reduction between spring 2012 and spring 2013 offers may be where his bitterness comes from, nobody can ignore his injury history and the fact that he is on the wrong side of 30 in 2013. If he is truly bitter over the reduced second offer, after two years of missing significant time due to injuries and then hitting 30, that just shows that he cannot separate his emotions from the logic of business.

He's not bitter over the reduced offer, he's bitter because he still has the lingering effects of the brainwashing.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/414/018/109136920_crop_340x234.jpg?1319489567

Fritz
10-23-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm curious about the Lions/Cowboys this week. It's in Detroit.

I can't decide whether one or both of these teams are overestimated.

SMBASS
10-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Cheesehead Craig - I can't stop watching and laughing at your avatar. I hope the little kid was okay but that's just funny as heck and quite a knockout blow by the lamb. Talk about a targeted helmet to helmet hit! Lol! I'm sure if Goodel happens to see it the lamb will be receiving a fine in the mail.

red
10-23-2013, 05:14 PM

+1

guys try in put up big numbers during a contract year to inflate their future contracts. when they get hurt and sit out half the year and allow others to step up and show your are expendable, then the number should go down

he gambled, he lost. its his fault he's stuck on a horrible team with terrible QB's with a phony contract that he'll never see most of

jordy, jones and cobb all have better stats, and finley almost did. but hey, at least greg is a big fish in a small pond like he wanted

Pugger
10-24-2013, 01:03 PM
I can't stand the 'girls but I don't want Detroit hanging around so I'm gonna hold my nose and cheer for Dallas in that game. :razz: