PDA

View Full Version : Finley fined

Guiness
10-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Todd McMahon @ToddMcMahon23

#Packers' James Jones reveals on his radio show tonight that Jermichael Finley was fined $21,000 this week for hit on #Ravens' Terrell Suggs

Heh. What d'ya know...

red
10-17-2013, 06:22 PM
i figured it was for sucking so much on the field while kids are watching

Joemailman
10-17-2013, 06:33 PM
I remember reading about Finley decleating Suggs with a block. What did he do to get fined?

red
10-17-2013, 06:36 PM
I remember reading about Finley decleating Suggs with a block. What did he do to get fined?

they sure didn't show anything during the game, like a big hit or a suspect hit

Tony Oday
10-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Finley was fined because he wasnt hurt during the game...

red
10-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Finley was fined because he wasnt hurt during the game...

probably took some HgH before the game

CaptainKickass
10-17-2013, 07:31 PM
No -

It's because he didn't do his stupid little hand on his helmet finger wiggly thing he thinks is a cool thing to do. (WTF is that supposed to be anyway?)

The NFL decided he didn't make himself look as stupid as they are accustomed to seeing him do every other Sunday.

red
10-17-2013, 07:44 PM
No -

It's because he didn't do his stupid little hand on his helmet finger wiggly thing he thinks is a cool thing to do. (WTF is that supposed to be anyway?)

The NFL decided he didn't make himself look as stupid as they are accustomed to seeing him do every other Sunday.

i think, its suppose to be like a shark fin, you know finley- fin

looks more like he's doing the lindsey bluth chicken dance to me

finley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH1CxdNbJ4A

lindsey bluth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4qOKybOKXs

CaptainKickass
10-17-2013, 08:11 PM
i think, its suppose to be like a shark fin, you know finley- fin

looks more like he's doing the lindsey bluth chicken dance to me

finley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH1CxdNbJ4A

lindsey bluth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4qOKybOKXs

It's...

It's UNCANNY!

Smidgeon
10-18-2013, 08:54 AM
No -

It's a shark fin. Something his son suggested (I think). Reminds me of Hornacek's face wipe. That was the worst hand signal ever.

red
10-18-2013, 09:05 AM
It's a shark fin. Something his son suggested (I think). Reminds me of Hornacek's face wipe. That was the worst hand signal ever.

the worst part was they would always zoom in on that ugly ass face every time waiting for it

Smidgeon
10-18-2013, 10:08 AM
the worst part was they would always zoom in on that ugly ass face every time waiting for it

No kidding. One of the big reasons I hated the Jazz back in the day.

Patler
10-18-2013, 10:20 AM
I sure hope this fine doesn't dull that sharp. aggressive edge Finley has when he is blocking. :roll: :rolleyes:

MadtownPacker
10-18-2013, 11:25 AM
M3 should fine him for all the dropped passes.

hoosier
10-18-2013, 12:52 PM
You could have shorted the title of this thread to one word: Finely.

Guiness
10-18-2013, 01:33 PM
It's...

It's UNCANNY!

No kidding, great catch red. I've been watching some of the old ones this past month or so and didn't make the connection but it's dead on!

Upnorth
10-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Trying my best to stay on topic, when are the new arrested development episodes being aired?

CaptainKickass
10-18-2013, 02:26 PM
I sure hope this fine doesn't dull that sharp. aggressive edge Finley has when he is blocking. :roll: :rolleyes:

+2 for sarcasm on a web forum.
-1 for the unnecessary sarcasm emoticon.
--------------
Net total = +1

red
10-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Trying my best to stay on topic, when are the new arrested development episodes being aired?

i haven't heard, i don't know how netflix will work this. do we have to wait a full year or whatever for a new season like every other show, or will they do it sooner since they just throw the whole season out at one time

Joemailman
10-18-2013, 04:18 PM
I like Finley's tweet about the fine:

Jermichael Finley @JermichaelF88
Thanks To @nfl For The Fine For Playing Football.
about 2 hours ago

It should also be pointed out that Finley had said that the guy who gave him a concussion should not have been fined.

pbmax
10-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Here is the devastating shot delivered to the head/neck/shoulder area of a defenseless player.

http://espnmilwaukee.com/upload/Finleyfine.jpg

Joemailman
10-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Here is the devastating shot delivered to the head/neck/shoulder area of a defenseless player.

http://espnmilwaukee.com/upload/Finleyfine.jpg

Since when is a linebacker lined up across from you defenseless? Ray Nitschke rolling over in his grave.

pbmax
10-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Since when is a linebacker lined up across from you defenseless? Ray Nitschke rolling over in his grave.

Glad you asked:

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5h
411 on Finley fine: Suggs exhibited "defenseless posture." Player protected from crackback block in that scenario so unnecessary roughness

What on earth defenseless posture is on the D line is beyond me.

red
10-18-2013, 08:45 PM
looks like just one hell of a block to me

new NFL rule, no blocking. it violates the NFL's no touching rule

guess you just gotta go for the knees from now on

channtheman
10-19-2013, 08:23 AM
You could have shorted the title of this thread to one word: Finely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nch378l3uqY

channtheman
10-19-2013, 08:26 AM
Saw the picture, laaame. When does the NFL finally institute 6v6 flag football?

mission
10-19-2013, 02:40 PM
they sure didn't show anything during the game, like a big hit or a suspect hit

Oh I saw it. Finley was lined up in the slot and Suggs obviously at OLB... Finley cracked back on a run play and absolutely destroyed him with a shoulder (Finley is a good blocker when the defender isn't looking). Crazy hit, but didn't think they could fine for stuff like that against the offense ??

mission
10-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Oops didn't know there were two pages here... missed these posts

pbmax
10-19-2013, 04:04 PM
That play was simply destined not to work against that front as even if EDS makes his block Barclay and Jordy are blocking three guys. It could be designed to be off tackle so the CB can't get there in time but then who is Jordy going to block?

red
10-19-2013, 09:38 PM
a crack back is perfectly legal as long as its above the waist and directed at the front of the defenders bodies

so we still don't know what was so illegal about it

and thats BS saying one of the best line backers in the game was defenseless in the middle of the play, in the middle of the action

channtheman
10-19-2013, 10:01 PM
a crack back is perfectly legal as long as its above the waist and directed at the front of the defenders bodies

so we still don't know what was so illegal about it

and thats BS saying one of the best line backers in the game was defenseless in the middle of the play, in the middle of the action

I wonder what that pussy Suggs thinks about being such a pussy that he is considered defenseless.

pbmax
10-20-2013, 09:13 AM
I think there were changes about crack backs from outside the tackle box or off the LOS (essentially WRs), something like that. Not sure how defenseless player comes into it, but I do know that a change was made.

Guiness
10-20-2013, 12:10 PM
I think there were changes about crack backs from outside the tackle box or off the LOS (essentially WRs), something like that. Not sure how defenseless player comes into it, but I do know that a change was made.

The crackback is different though:

Crackback: Eligible receivers who take or move to a position more than two yards outside the tackle may not block an opponent below the waist if they then move back inside to block.

This shouldn't apply because this was close line play. Have to see the whole play, but I don't think he was ever that far outside the tackle box...plus, the block was around the shoulders.

I definitely think the language they used, calling Suggs a defenseless player, is incorrect. That designation for a player in close line play is a new one to me. The only rule I'm aware of similar to that wrt close line play is the chop block. Finley also wasn't leading with his helmet. The ONLY penalty I can maybe see in there is an illegal hands to the face.

pbmax
10-20-2013, 12:57 PM
The crackback is different though:

This shouldn't apply because this was close line play. Have to see the whole play, but I don't think he was ever that far outside the tackle box...plus, the block was around the shoulders.

I have not seen the full replay since last weekend, but I think Finley was in motion and setup in the slot. He could have been two yards outside the tackle box. That I can understand. I don't know why a head/shoulder shot and defenseless comes into it. Its not really a Hines Ward hit.

red
10-20-2013, 02:53 PM
yeah, someone needs to find a video of this play

i've looked but haven't found one

i agree guiness that the only thing i can think of is hands to the face. but then why wouldn't they just call it that, and why would it be a fine?

Joemailman
10-20-2013, 04:07 PM
nm