PDA

View Full Version : Big Datone

call_me_ishmael
10-18-2013, 01:32 AM
How has this guy been playing this year?

Willard
10-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Is there somebody on the roster named Datone? Doesn't sound familiar.

pbmax
10-18-2013, 08:55 AM
He has collapsed a few pockets but hasn't closed the deal (1 sack maybe) often.

However, his awareness is good and he had some speed so his pursuit is good. He's ideal in a lot of ways for a pass rush nickel lineman, but he needs to finish more often.

red
10-18-2013, 09:03 AM
he def. doesn't look like the answer to all our pass rushing problems like he was suppose to be

i think i can remember hearing his name one time this season. and when i heard it, i remember thinking, "oh yeah, that guy"

Pugger
10-18-2013, 09:55 AM
he def. doesn't look like the answer to all our pass rushing problems like he was suppose to be

i think i can remember hearing his name one time this season. and when i heard it, i remember thinking, "oh yeah, that guy"

Not many guys do in their rookie seasons.

Wasn't he hampered by a sprained ankle earlier this season?

denverYooper
10-18-2013, 10:03 AM

Yes. He started out TC like a house on fire until the ankle.

I think he's been ok. He's pretty active and gets some push, with some flashes of more. Wasn't he credited with the strip sack in Cincy?

run pMc
10-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Blocked an XP against CIN. Picked up Perry's strip sack of Flacco and ran it back to get Crosby in range for a FG at the end of first half.
Otherwise has been pretty invisible, but I have no idea how many snaps he's seeing. It's a good DL rotation and he's a rookie, so I'm giving him time and the benefit of the doubt.

Brandon494
10-18-2013, 11:06 AM
A guy by the name of Jolly is making it hard for him to see time on the field but Datone did almost run a fumble back for a TD last season.

Smeefers
10-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Jolly has been a monster this year. Datone looks like a rookie who's going to have to be groomed a bit, but who has all the talent necessary to play well in the league. I think the plan is that when Pickett retires, Raji moves over to Nose and Jones will take Raji's place. Well, that's my plan. I should probably write that one down and mail it in.

red
10-18-2013, 03:38 PM
to be fair to datone, you don't here much about any of the guys on the d-line and really the 3-4 D-lineman aren't suppose to be doing a lot to get the spotlight. they do the dirty work so others get get all the glory

and IMO, they are kicking ass. so datone could be have a good season like the others , we're just not noticing it

red
10-18-2013, 03:39 PM

he's missed some time too hasn't he? or has he been active for all the games?

i do remember he had something going on

Bretsky
10-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Wilerkerson, who I loved coming out of college and was snapped up just before we took Sally Sherrod.....took a couple years to develoop but is turning into a Star for the Jets

I could see the same thing happening with Jones

KYPack
10-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Everybody has him down. Typical green rook with some physical talent. Average leverage, needs to be much more violent with his hands.

Could be scary if he gets it together.

I'd gladly take a guy who's 80% of Wilkerson.