PDA

View Full Version : KUDOS to AJ HAWK---

Bretsky
10-20-2013, 05:36 PM
I can't imagine this defense witout AJ Hawk right now, and I never thoguht I'd say that

I thought Hawk had a respectable year one and then fell off
I could not figure out how somebody could look so dominant and explosing in college and turn into a near j.A.G. that some in here though would be dispaced by DJ Smith

The only thing I speculated on was that the Packers coaches wanted Hawk to put on more bulk after his rooki e year and in doing so he lost speed and explosiveness

Truth be told this was what Bill Michaels and Wayne Larivee speculated years agao and after watching Hawk after I too jumped on that bandwagon.

Right or wrong, the thought has re-entered my mind this year as Hawk has shed ten points and is playing under 240 and seems to have some explosiveness.

The dude never vastely overpowered anybody; but he had a real nice combo of speed and power that allowed him to blow up some plays in college when given the opportunity.

With Mathews out he is being given the opporunity more to rush the passer and make plays

He's starting look like the Hawk I hated at Ohio State

And if you really watch him on defense the dude is a very intense leader who barks out signals and gets everybody in the right place at times where others sometimes looks confused

we're very fortunate AJ Hawk agreed to take a pay cut and stay in Green Bay

Dude has been reliable and raraly missed games; he deserves a ton of credit and there should probably be a line of people who are noting they may have been wrong about AH Hawk.

Brandon494
10-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Is this a joke?

Bretsky
10-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Hawk has played outstanding the past few weeks and he was playing decent before then.
Without Hawk directing all of these young guys we'd be a completely different defense IMO

Bretsky
10-20-2013, 06:51 PM
AND...........I was one who was completey off the Hawk Wagon after last year

red
10-20-2013, 07:07 PM
i always wondered if it was his job just to play things save. he seemed to always have contain, but never attacked

now after all the injuries someone has to go attack, and maybe they called on hawk to crack it up a notch

Brandon494
10-20-2013, 07:16 PM
i always wondered if it was his job just to play things save. he seemed to always have contain, but never attacked

now after all the injuries someone has to go attack, and maybe they called on hawk to crack it up a notch

I think it has more to do with the defensive line playing so well this season. Jamari Lattimore was a prime example of that today.

red
10-20-2013, 07:26 PM
I think it has more to do with the defensive line playing so well this season. Jamari Lattimore was a prime example of that today.

it doesn't hurt anyone on this team that the fat guys up from are playing so damn well this year

channtheman
10-20-2013, 07:30 PM

I agree. While Hawk has looked better this year, the return of Jolly has, IMO, been a bigger deal to this defense.

pbmax
10-20-2013, 07:51 PM
I think they are running different blitzes for Hawk, not more of them. He is not always the occupying force for a Center or Guard when he blitzes now. They are getting him singled on a back or on a free run. I assume that Dom has done this to help cover for Matthews absence.