PDA

View Full Version : AND just like that

red
10-20-2013, 07:39 PM
We're in first place in the NFC north

weren't we just 2 game back during our bye week?

nice schedule coming up too

Freak Out
10-20-2013, 07:40 PM
As it should be.

run pMc
10-20-2013, 08:01 PM
no place like first place.
Big game against the Vikings next week. Gotta win those division games, and as it stands the Packers are running low on healthy bodies.

gbgary
10-20-2013, 08:13 PM
We need to get as healthy as possible as quickly as possible. boykin, lacy, and franklin are going to play big roles in the next few weeks.

red
10-20-2013, 08:16 PM
We need to get as healthy as possible as quickly as possible. boykin, lacy, and franklin are going to play big roles in the next few weeks.

james jones should be back next week which will be nice because i doubt we have finley

jordy , jones and boykins wouldn't be so bad if boykins keeps playing like he did today

pbmax
10-20-2013, 08:54 PM
james jones should be back next week which will be nice because i doubt we have finley

jordy , jones and boykins wouldn't be so bad if boykins keeps playing like he did today

Yeah, but which of those guys plays in the slot?

red
10-20-2013, 09:04 PM

franklin?

where was he lined up in that bad throw to him when he was wide open in the endzone. did he come out of the backfield or was he lined up as a wr?

Brandon494
10-20-2013, 09:09 PM

I would have to think Boykin would get the majority of the snaps in the slot.

red
10-20-2013, 09:11 PM
maybe miles white can take a big step up in his second week of action like boykins did this week

can he play the slot, or is he too small? looks like he weighs maybe 125 pounds

pbmax
10-20-2013, 09:13 PM
maybe miles white can take a big step up in his second week of action like boykins did this week

He's gotta fix those hands. Looked like Rickie Weeks on a routine grounder.

Joemailman
10-20-2013, 09:14 PM

It's Boykin. Unless he has a brother we can sign. I think White would get broken in 2 if he played the slot. I would expect Boykin to be the main slot guy if Jones is back. Maybe Harper a little bit if he can learn the crash course fast enough.

Guiness
10-20-2013, 09:20 PM
White seems the best option for the slot. What about TE? Quarless?

channtheman
10-20-2013, 10:15 PM

Boykin played a little last year and looked fairly decent when given the chance. I'm not too optimistic White will do much next week. I think a lot of Boykin's improvement in this game was due to Rodgers actually throwing the ball to him. edit: And by "to him" I mean accurate passes that were catchable. Last week, Rodgers throws to Boykin were pretty awful.

It's Boykin. Unless he has a brother we can sign. I think White would get broken in 2 if he played the slot. I would expect Boykin to be the main slot guy if Jones is back. Maybe Harper a little bit if he can learn the crash course fast enough.

Boykin was bent in half in a game last year and didn't get broken in two. So he's already passed that test.

cheesner
10-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Its good to be a Packer fan. We aren't firing on all cylinders yet. Getting some plaers back soon is going to be yet another boost. Some of these young kids who have stepped it up, are going to have to go back to the bench when the vets come back. Its going to give Capers a lot of flexibility with different formations because of all the depth.

Brandon494
10-21-2013, 12:38 AM
5 straight games with at least 100 yards rushing!

Old School
10-21-2013, 12:58 AM
I'm thinking we may see some Harper. He's an ex QB so he should be able to pick concepts up quickly with his 33 on the Wonderlic smarts. A 230pounder with 4.5 speed could be fun to watch. He supposedly has strong hands too.

Fritz
10-21-2013, 08:58 AM
But Randall Cobb is not a big man, and he plays the slot, so I'm not sure why Myles Standish's slight size would disqualify him.

Maybe his hands would, though. Dude had a clean shot on that onside kick, and he flubbed it. He looked a little overwhelmed out there today.

pbmax
10-21-2013, 09:15 AM
I love that Harper was out there with NO practice. Twitter said Edgar Bennett was following his around in the warmup walkthrough telling him what to do.

red
10-21-2013, 09:21 AM
But Randall Cobb is not a big man, and he plays the slot, so I'm not sure why Myles Standish's slight size would disqualify him.

Maybe his hands would, though. Dude had a clean shot on that onside kick, and he flubbed it. He looked a little overwhelmed out there today.

cobb is built pretty big, white looks like a twig compared to cobb

red
10-21-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm thinking we may see some Harper. He's an ex QB so he should be able to pick concepts up quickly with his 33 on the Wonderlic smarts. A 230pounder with 4.5 speed could be fun to watch. He supposedly has strong hands too.

he's an ex QB who played 4 whole snaps at that position in college before being moved by two different teams to wr, because he either didn't have the tools or couldn't figure out the game at that position

i think we're looking too much into him being a former QB

Joemailman
10-21-2013, 09:39 AM
cobb is built pretty big, white looks like a twig compared to cobb

Yep. Cobb is built like a running back. White, not so much.

http://msn.foxsports.com/livexml/NFL/201103081829665653147-p2.jpeg

Cheesehead Craig
10-21-2013, 10:12 AM

Can't we just go an all slot lineup? That would confuse the hell out of teams.

Pugger
10-21-2013, 02:11 PM

Cobb: 5ft 10 in, 196 lbs
White: 6ft, 182 lbs

Fritz
10-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Got it.

The Metrohomo is always a scary place to play. Let's hope Jones - no, the Joneses - come back this week, and no one else gets hurt.

I wonder how Freeman will play at QB?

red
10-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Got it.

The Metrohomo is always a scary place to play. Let's hope Jones - no, the Joneses - come back this week, and no one else gets hurt.

I wonder how Freeman will play at QB?

we'll get some kind of idea of what he can do as a queen in about 5 hours