PDA

View Full Version : Injury bug has spread south, infects chicago

red
10-21-2013, 12:04 PM
cutler left the game yesterday with a groin injury the could keep him out for some weeks to come

now it comes out this morning that lance briggs will miss 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury

thats their most important offensive player and defensive player out for a bit

helps us as it levels the playing field for a bit

denverYooper
10-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Peanut's missed a lot of snaps already also.

That D is going to look very different than the ones we've seen on the field against the Packers. They used to have the recipe, the ingredients, and the chef to put the clamps on Rodgers. Now, I don't know if they'll have any of those by the time they play the Packers.

red
10-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Cutler is out for at least a month

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/21/jay-cutler-will-miss-at-least-a-month-with-groin-tear/

Joemailman
10-21-2013, 12:55 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/21/jay-cutler-will-miss-at-least-a-month-with-groin-tear/

Damn. Cutler's numbers in 3 games at Lambeau:

49-102, 571 yards, 2 TD's, 10 INT's, passer rating 32.4.

Bossman641
10-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Bear fans already crying that the season is over and injuries have killed them. Of course, when I point out injuries have decimated the Packers for 3 of the past 4 years they say it's nothing.

pbmax
10-21-2013, 01:10 PM
I am telling you, like when Stafford went down, Shaun Hill/Josh McCown looked better than the starter.

Joemailman
10-21-2013, 01:13 PM
I am telling you, like when Stafford went down, Shaun Hill/Josh McCown looked better than the starter.

The closest the Lions have come to a win at Lambeau in recent years was when Shaun Hill started in place of an injured Stafford. Short passing game controlled the ball and kept it away from the Packers offense.

LP
10-21-2013, 01:21 PM

That sucks! I have tickets to the game and was looking forward to watching him throw up a couple picks.

Tony Oday
10-21-2013, 01:38 PM
The Bears Still Suck!

Cheesehead Craig
10-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Stupid Cutler and his injured ovaries.

red
10-21-2013, 02:10 PM
i was just watching the trestman interview on NFLN, it went like this

trestman- we can overcome the injuries, look at a team like green bay, they still win with all their injuries

media- but with all the injuries we can't win

trestman - green bays doing it

media- but we lost cutler and briggs, we can't win

trestman- green bay wins, they lost mathews, cobb, finley, etc etc etc

media- but we can't.....

trestman- green bay

media- but......

trestman- green bay

Bossman641
10-21-2013, 02:21 PM
i was just watching the trestman interview on NFLN, it went like this

trestman- we can overcome the injuries, look at a team like green bay, they still when with all their injuries

media- but with all the injuries we can't win

trestman - green bays doing it

media- but we lost cutler and briggs, we can't win

trestman- green bay wins, they lost mathews, cobb, finley, etc etc etc

media- but we can't.....

trestman- green bay

media- but......

trestman- green bay

Haha, really?

It's funny, I read JSO and Packersnews and the stories are all "Packers have been hit hard by injuries but can still overcome them". Cliff Christl even busted out his playmaker theory a week ago. Then I read Chicago articles and they include injury-ravaged in every other sentence to describe the D's decline.

Fritz
10-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Don't they realize losing Cutler will make them better?

It wasn't injuries they had to overcome before, it was Cutler.

pbmax
10-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Did Cliff bust out playmakers theory to predict gloom or doom considering it was Matthews, Jones and Cobb on the sideline?

Bossman641
10-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Did Cliff bust out playmakers theory to predict gloom or doom considering it was Matthews, Jones and Cobb on the sideline?

Essentially he said that since the Packers still have Rodgers and CM3 is not a season ending injury they should be fine

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131014/PKR07/310140331/Christl-Baranczyk-analysis-Injuries-rarely-doom-season

Freak Out
10-21-2013, 04:46 PM
I don't harbor any ill will against Cutlet (well...except that Bear thing) but am glad he's out. He was playing better pretty well within Trestmans offense.

run pMc
10-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Bears have a bye to prepare for GB. McCown isn't a starter for a reason, and that defense has not aged well. Losing Cutler and Briggs should hurt them, but I think this will likely mean a heavy dose of Matt Forte in the meantime.
Injuries hurt all teams. Bears are starting a bunch of backups on the DL. Losing your starting QB for 3 games will hurt their chances to make the playoffs, but it's not the end of their season. Packers are fielding rookies at OLB and LT, practice squaders at WR and TE, have lost their best player on defense and a playmaker on offense. It's a wash to me.

King Friday
10-21-2013, 10:47 PM
The Bears without Cutler now look a lot like the Vikings...only with a less talented RB.

red
10-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Breaking news

the chicago tribune is reporting that it is not in fact a torn groin, but the injury that many fans have expected all along

he in fact, tore his vagina in two locations. and not the one on his face, sources tell the tribune that that is in fact his mouth. the injury occurred to his lower vagina

he will not be able to take any dick in his lower vagina for at least a month, but he is able and in fact already comfortably taking dick in his upper pussy