PDA

View Full Version : Meriweather suspended two games

red
10-21-2013, 05:37 PM
bout fucking time

should have happened a few weeks back, now lets just hope its upheld

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/21/brandon-meriweather-suspended-two-games/

pbmax
10-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Day late and a dollar short late Roger. Now let's see if it holds up on appeal.

Pugger
10-21-2013, 06:03 PM
More than a day late. He should have been suspended after our game against them last month.

digitaldean
10-21-2013, 10:18 PM
He had two horrible hits in the Bears game. That dipshit should be suspended for 4 games minimum.

SnakeLH2006
10-22-2013, 03:46 AM
bout fucking time

should have happened a few weeks back, now lets just hope its upheld

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/21/brandon-meriweather-suspended-two-games/

Yeah..I totally agree..no place for his kamikaze hits in today's game. There's just too much money involved and too many life changing hits that affect lives.

Then again..20 years ago we all cheered this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT14rYHV8CQ

pbmax
10-22-2013, 08:12 AM
Well, Chuck Cecil was a Packer before my time as a Packer fan. And I can tell you that beside whatever faction of Packer fans that rooted for him, others thought he was getting famous not by being good but by bleeding.

Cecil is a good example of a player who was goaded along after it became clear he was a marginal starter. If he didn't play like this, he wouldn't see the field.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0507/nfl_g_cecil2_576.jpg

CaptainKickass
10-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Mary Weather (intentional) should be ejected from the league in my opinion. If not for life, then at least for the remainder of the season.

This particular "punishment" doesn't send any kind of message other than: "It's really ok to lead with your helmet because not much of anything will happen to you. I'm Roger Goodell and I'm a soft son of a bitch who only pretends to care about player safety because I'm really a total weak-ass pussy who's only in it for the money"

No balls.

red
10-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Well, Chuck Cecil was a Packer before my time as a Packer fan. And I can tell you that beside whatever faction of Packer fans that rooted for him, others thought he was getting famous not by being good but by bleeding.

Cecil is a good example of a player who was goaded along after it became clear he was a marginal starter. If he didn't play like this, he wouldn't see the field.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0507/nfl_g_cecil2_576.jpg

packer fans loved him, and it was all because he would lower his head and use it to destroy the other player

chuck would not make it in todays NFL. there was one thing he did well, and thats outlawed now

Freak Out
10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Where is he coaching?

Pugger
10-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Where is he coaching?

He is the defensive secondary coach for the Rams in St. Louis.

Teamcheez1
10-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Suspension reduced to one game on appeal.

Guiness
10-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Suspension reduced to one game on appeal.

NFL wiz zed up, probably wanted a 1 game suspension so gave him 2 so the appeal could reduce it and make the player happy.

I think a BBall style arbitration, where the arbitrator has to take one choice or the other and isn't allowed to wimp out and pick a middle ground would be better.

red
10-23-2013, 05:07 PM
i think you're right guiness

league wanted one game, game the guy two knowing it would be reduced

imo, the guy should have gotten the rest of the year off. his next offense better be net with something bigger

Pugger
10-24-2013, 01:07 PM
I fear that head hunter will never get a stiff suspension or be banned until he really cripples somebody. :?

Tony Oday
10-24-2013, 01:42 PM
When we play them again just run Starks at his cheap ass.

Cheesehead Craig
10-24-2013, 02:07 PM
I fear that head hunter will never get a stiff suspension or be banned until he really cripples somebody. :?

Until it's a superstar, the league won't care. A one game suspension is ridiculous. I thought two was wimpy. Once again the league says they care about player safety but their actions are much different than their talk.

MadScientist
10-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Until it's a superstar, the league won't care. A one game suspension is ridiculous. I thought two was wimpy. Once again the league says they care about player safety but their actions are much different than their talk.

I was watching the condensed version of the Bears-Washington game and I can't see how it was only worthy of 2 games, nor how they could consider reducing it. Those were nasty hits, everything the NFL claims it is trying to eliminate.

ThunderDan
10-24-2013, 03:29 PM
If I was a member of the players union I would have demanded a 4 game suspension at the least. It's not like he is taking home paper clips and staplers. He is crippling other members of the union.

pbmax
10-24-2013, 10:21 PM
If I was a member of the players union I would have demanded a 4 game suspension at the least. It's not like he is taking home paper clips and staplers. He is crippling other members of the union.

The Union represents Merriweather too. They need to ensure the process is followed so each player who comes up for discipline gets the same fair treatment.

That said, as many have pointed out, it would help if the hearing officer would explain himself and the precedent he was following, if any.