PDA

View Full Version : WHO COMES TO MIND for the TOP 10 MOST DISLIKED PLAYERS IN THE NFL

Bretsky
10-22-2013, 10:25 PM
I'd throw Suh out there right away. Maybe Vick because he was a piece of shit dog abuser. Perhaps Cutler...........

List the guys you'd think would make the list.......and then see how many right you got.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/228790691.html

Little Whiskey
10-23-2013, 08:18 AM
By fans or players?

Merryweather

hoosier
10-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Fans. Players would be a completely different story.

Vick, Merriweather, Suh, Brady, Manning, James Harrison, Tony Romo. Damn, now that all of the diva wide receivers have retired it is hard to come up with 10 public villains.

channtheman
10-23-2013, 10:01 AM
My guesses for most disliked by fans are

Vick, Suh, P. Manning, Brady, Roethlisburger, Merriweather, Romo, Dez Bryant, Rodgers, Troy Palumalu.

run pMc
10-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Fans. Players would be a completely different story.

Vick, Merriweather, Suh, Brady, Manning, James Harrison, Tony Romo. Damn, now that all of the diva wide receivers have retired it is hard to come up with 10 public villains.

Your list looks pretty good though I don't hate Tony Romo so I'd drop him. I'd probably vote Richard Sherman #1 -- that guy is a wanker.
Mike Vick would make the lower end of my list. What he did was super shitty, but he paid his debt and has by most appearances learned his lesson and stayed out of trouble.

Off the top of my head, I also dislike: Pacman Jones, Santonio Holmes, Jay Cutler
Other contenders for the list: Dez Bryant, Justin Blackmon, Matt Elam, anyone on the Bears or Vikings.

I guess Ray Lewis is off the list since he's retired.
What about that guy who played for the Cowboys, got wasted and killed his teammate behind the wheel? I don't think he's on a roster.

They should have a list for coaches: Pete Carroll, Jim Harbaugh and Jim Schwartz would be on mine.

I could go on...

Clearly I am a fountain of goodwill today.

run pMc
10-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Ah, I forgot about Roethlisburger. That guy is disgusting.

MadtownPacker
10-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Just about all have been named but I don't see the Romo hate. He seems like a good guy. Jerry jones for sure. Has revis been mentioned?

CaptainKickass
10-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Goodell.

Oh, was this specifically for players? My bad.

George Cumby
10-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Romo's only crime was dating that semi famous blonde bimbo. By most other accounts he's a good egg.

Cheesehead Craig
10-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Romo's only crime was dating that semi famous blonde bimbo. By most other accounts he's a good egg.

I'll always root for Romo (except against the Packers) as he was raised in my hometown.

pbmax
10-23-2013, 12:14 PM
That sheep/goat in CCraig's avatar should be suspended and fined for a chop block and leading with its head.

3irty1
10-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Is Tebow still in the NFL?

hoosier
10-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Your list looks pretty good though I don't hate Tony Romo so I'd drop him. I'd probably vote Richard Sherman #1 -- that guy is a wanker.
Mike Vick would make the lower end of my list. What he did was super shitty, but he paid his debt and has by most appearances learned his lesson and stayed out of trouble.

Off the top of my head, I also dislike: Pacman Jones, Santonio Holmes, Jay Cutler
Other contenders for the list: Dez Bryant, Justin Blackmon, Matt Elam, anyone on the Bears or Vikings.

I guess Ray Lewis is off the list since he's retired.
What about that guy who played for the Cowboys, got wasted and killed his teammate behind the wheel? I don't think he's on a roster.

They should have a list for coaches: Pete Carroll, Jim Harbaugh and Jim Schwartz would be on mine.

I could go on...

Clearly I am a fountain of goodwill today.

Yeah, I was trying to imagine who were going to be the most popular villains. I don't have anything against Romo either, but it seems to me he gets more than his share of hatred either for being more interested in his girlfriends than football or for his inability to produce in the clutch. If I had to come with my own personal hate list I think it would be:

Roethlisberger, Merriweather, Suh, Golden Tate, Brady, Jared Allen, and that is it. If we can add coaches and adminstrators, then by all means: Jim Harbaugh (first on the big list), Pete Carroll, Jerry Jones and Ziggy Wylf. I can't hate someone like Cutler who has provided so much entertainment for Packer fans. If the Bears or Vikings ever win anything meaningful I will consider adding them to my hate list.

hoosier
10-23-2013, 01:36 PM
That sheep/goat in CCraig's avatar should be suspended and fined for a chop block and leading with its head.

I thought that was a dog. More precise explanation of penalty: Head to head against defenseless toddler. The first blow was at waist level.

Zool
10-23-2013, 01:45 PM
I thought that was a dog. More precise explanation of penalty: Head to head against defenseless toddler. The first blow was at waist level.

I don't like the way that knee buckled. Probably an ACL tear to go along with the concussion.

Fritz
10-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Ah, I forgot about Roethlisburger. That guy is disgusting.

Fran Tarkenton.

Asshole.

MJZiggy
10-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Fran Tarkenton.

Asshole.
Sapp.

cheesner
10-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Sapp, Romanowski and Favre top my all time list.

Right now - nobody in particular that comes to mind rises to the level of those 3 - but I would go with Brees (plays for stats), Rothlesberger (rapist), and Pacman Jones (thug). Gotta be a few more.

Surprised that Polumalu made someones list - seems like a good guy off the field and a great player.

George Cumby
10-23-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't like the way that knee buckled. Probably an ACL tear to go along with the concussion.

He has a hamstring.

denverYooper
10-24-2013, 09:13 AM
A few years ago, I would have said Jared Allen but now I like him when he's not playing the Packers. The guy always gives it everything and often seems to have the right attitude, knowing when to take things seriously and when to lighten up and laugh.

That hand sack by Allen on Monday was both brilliant and hilarious.

Zool
10-24-2013, 10:24 AM
A few years ago, I would have said Jared Allen but now I like him when he's not playing the Packers. The guy always gives it everything and often seems to have the right attitude, knowing when to take things seriously and when to lighten up and laugh.

I like his illustrious DUI history while playing for the Chiefs.

MadScientist
10-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Nobody's mentioned Richie Incognito yet. He deserves a good disliking.

Fritz
10-24-2013, 11:45 AM
You mean Ronnie Mexico?

cheesner
10-24-2013, 12:02 PM

Didn't think I would ever hear anyone use the word brilliant when talking about Jared Allen. It is difficult to appreciate any Viking or Bear during their careers. Give it a few years after retirement before you can forgive them and appreciate them and their careers. Actually appreciate even Ditka - had lunch with him a few years ago. Guy is very genuine and humorous, much more down to earth than he tries to portray on TV as an analyst. A guy who would make a great friend - once you get past the whole Bear career thing.

pittstang5
10-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Eli Manning- cause he says Omaha before the snap. Drives me freakin nuts.

Willard
10-24-2013, 08:49 PM
That Aaron Hernandez fellow does not seem to be very friendly.

KYPack
10-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Is Tebow still in the NFL?

No, but the Tom Toms are beating for him, tho.

No coach wants to hire him and go thru the bullshit+ lose control of the team.

Guiness
10-25-2013, 12:39 AM

On that note...what is up with 'Green 18, Green 18'? Time for something new!

Suh and Merriweather because they are going to end careers. Don't know if there are any others that I can say I hate...maybe Golden Tate for the way he behaved saying he caught the ball when the whole country could see he didn't. My gf can't stand Brady because of the Moynahan being pregnant when he took up with Bundchen.

George Cumby
10-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Blue 52! Blue 52!

denverYooper
10-25-2013, 09:50 AM

Peyton does it also. Not as much as Eli.

Smeefers
10-25-2013, 06:55 PM

If that's the case, then he probably has a serious future with the Green Bay Packers.

gbgary
10-25-2013, 07:50 PM
B fuckin' F!