PDA

View Full Version : Official @ Rollerdome Week Discussion

pbmax
10-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Was that what Ditka called it? I miss Ditka press conferences and diminishing returns on the field.

Brad Jones seems to be back at practice, joining Sherrod and Hayward. All is, or soon will be, well.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 18m
Not practicing for #Packers: James Jones, Nick Perry, Ryan Taylor, Clay Matthews, Finley.

pbmax
10-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Starks is back as well. Soon, running back controversy.

The good kind, not the usual Packer kind.

Teamcheez1
10-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Josh Freeman has a concussion. It may now be Ponder starting at QB.

red
10-23-2013, 12:32 PM
LOL

you just can't make that stuff up

they're going from suck, to blow

ThunderDan
10-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Was that what Ditka called it? I miss Ditka press conferences and diminishing returns on the field.

Brad Jones seems to be back at practice, joining Sherrod and Hayward. All is, or soon will be, well.

Not practicing for #Packers: James Jones, Nick Perry, Ryan Taylor, Clay Matthews, Finley.

They open up the Humpty Dump on weekends in the winter for rollerbladers to have a place to blade. It's actually a lot of fun.

Cheesehead Craig
10-23-2013, 12:52 PM
I prefer The Big Inflatable Toilet for it's name, but to each their own.

And oh yes, it's a total circus up here with the concussion situation. If Ponder plays, I think he's going to try everything he can to keep his job. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays closer to the guy from Week 17 last year than his other games.

red
10-23-2013, 12:54 PM
I prefer The Big Inflatable Toilet for it's name, but to each their own.

And oh yes, it's a total circus up here with the concussion situation. If Ponder plays, I think he's going to try everything he can to keep his job. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays closer to the guy from Week 17 last year than his other games.

LOL

i can't stop laughing at your avatar

Cheesehead Craig
10-23-2013, 12:56 PM
LOL

i can't stop laughing at your avatar

Same here, it may be wrong but I don't care.

red
10-23-2013, 01:00 PM

i've just been watching it nonstop for like 10 minutes and a laugh a little harder every time the kid goes down

Tony Oday
10-23-2013, 01:05 PM
That avatar looks like Ponder in the pocket.

OK Ponder has done well against the Pack...I am nervous about this game. I think we lose 35-24 with AP going off.

Guiness
10-23-2013, 01:13 PM
C&P of my post from the Passer Ratings thread.

That, unfortunately for the Packers secondary this coming week, may be all we see of Freeman in Minnesota. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ack-to-ponder/

Best comment on that story
He probably got it when Frazier repeatedly slammed his head into the wall during the film session Monday.

Guiness
10-23-2013, 01:14 PM

OK Ponder has done well against the Pack...I am nervous about this game. I think we lose 35-24 with AP going off.

Don't see that against this DL at all.

pbmax
10-23-2013, 01:27 PM
http://t.co/03XfnSDrek

Jennings interview transcript. According to Twitter play by play, seems the same Jennings. Still says he was joking and ingratiating himself in Twin Cities. Still likes the former team, players and org. Did still maintain he was getting out of the way of Cobb, et al.

However, seemed willing to allow suggestion that Rodgers not sticking up for him in contract drive (and Jennings mentioned that AR did it for Jones) was a negative. Did say Rodgers is the best player in the game.

MadScientist
10-23-2013, 01:30 PM
LOL

you just can't make that stuff up

they're going from suck, to blow

So Detroit has Megatron and Minnesota has Mega Maid?

Hard to tell when Freeman got the concussion since he played like his brain wasn't working the entire game. Ponder will be an upgrade this week, which is just a stunning thing to write.

Packers better emphasize their injuries this week so they maintain focus, since looking at Vikings game tape won't do it.

Guiness
10-23-2013, 01:31 PM

I think the new 'designated to return' status is a good change, but it sure would've been nice to have another spot to use on Mathews. I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL move towards more baseball-like injury classifications with 15, 30 and 60 day designations. Teams need the roster spots, and it would be nice for instance if the Pack could put Mathews and Perry on some kind of short term list.

I guess we'd see some abuses of the system, but as long as all the salaries continue to count towards the cap it should be limited.

VegasPackFan
10-23-2013, 01:46 PM

I'm pretty sure he called it The Tinkerdome. I seem to remember someone in the stands handing him a Tinker-Toy replica of the stadium after a win there.

Fritz
10-23-2013, 01:58 PM
I confess that with all the injuries, I am nervous about this game. I know Minny looks like hell, but Ponder is an upgrade (I can't believe I just wrote that) and the offensive line - at least the tackles - look better than the Packers'. If they feed AP consistently, Ponder might be able to do enough to give them a chance.

I would love to see the Pack stick it to them, of course. Without getting any more damn injuries, fer Crissakes!

green_bowl_packer
10-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Josh Freeman has a concussion. It may now be Ponder starting at QB.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/816781577.gif?1382412266

run pMc
10-23-2013, 02:55 PM
When did Freeman get a concussion? I know he got hit a lot, but that means he played with it and nobody noticed. Then again, he did play like he was concussed.

Boy, is their QB situation a mess. I don't know where Ponder's head will be, which could be dangerous.
If he played like he did the 1st 3 games, it won't matter much: 59% comp rate with 2 TD and 5 Ints isn't gonna get it done unless Peterson runs absolutely batshit crazy or -- God forbid -- Rodgers gets hurt.

Glad to see Brad Jones and Hayward are probably gonna make it back. If they can get James Jones back, that will be a huge plus.
Didn't see Mike Neal on the injury report...so do we assume that's a good sign and his shoulder's ok enough to play the rookies less?

I think CLE's defense is better than MIN's, but MIN's offense is better.

I want to say Green Bay should win this one, even if it's on the road...but in some ways this feels like it's MIN's (and Ponder's) last stand, so they will be desperate and throwing haymakers from the start.
Could easily be a trap game if the teams didn't hate each other and there wasn't the GJ bulletin board material.

hoosier
10-23-2013, 07:41 PM
The more Jennings says the worse he sounds...even when he's trying to make nice and be contrite.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9867906/greg-jennings-minnesota-vikings-messing-green-bay-packers-talk

Jennings:
I probably took it a little too far. No, I was happy there. Obviously there's things that go on throughout life that you wish would be different. But it is what it is. You have to roll with the punches. Obviously, on my end of it, I feel like there were a lot of things that were kind of manipulated to appear a lot worse than what I was intending for them to be. That's just, as a player, you have to watch what you say, so you learn and you grow.

It was just really messing around initially, and then everyone kind of blew it a little bit out of proportion. I have the most respect for that organization. I had my most successful years there, and I still have relations with some of the guys over there and still have the respect that I had when I was playing there with them. ... I still have respect for them.

So the questioning of Rodgers's leadership and the brainwashing stuff, that was all a joke and it was someone else's fault (the press? "everyone"?) for taking him too literally or blowing it out of proportion. When he was with the Packers Jennings always came across as a genuinely humble but happy guy. Now he just sounds spiteful. And dumb. As if his IQ suddenly dropped 20 points when he put on that purple uniform.

run pMc
10-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Well, looking at the QBs...you'd have to drop 20 points of IQ to leave GB for MIN. Maybe he had a concussion?

KYPack
10-24-2013, 08:42 AM
This game is like the ultimate trap game.

The Queens are like 53 wounded animals.

Any pro team can rise up and play an inspired game when they are beaten down like this.

Our young boys need to keep playing with fire or we could get shocked.

denverYooper
10-24-2013, 09:08 AM

Any pro team can rise up and play an inspired game when they are beaten down like this.

I'm with KY on this one, but I do think Rodgers will be ready to shine.

Hopefully everyone else is on board.

Especially the defense.

George Cumby
10-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Count me amongst those concerned about this one.......

Tony Oday
10-24-2013, 10:01 AM
The Pack loses 28-17.

Jennings Brainwashing comment was taken out of context 100%

red
10-24-2013, 10:20 AM
i think its a blowout

other than AP, that offense sucks, and their defense is even worse ranking 29th in points allowed per game (30.2) and 27th in yards allowed per game (391.2)

Joemailman
10-24-2013, 10:23 AM

In recent years, seems Packers are more likely to come out flat when they're at home against a weak team. The road scene will get them revved up.

Three keys:

Vikings have 3 sacks by guys not named Jared Allen. Don't let him beat you.
Maintain gap discipline against Peterson. Give him 3-4 yards but don't let him cut back.
Don't let Jennings turn a short reception into a big play.

MadScientist
10-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Freeman had more incompletions than Peterson had yards. I wish Freeman was starting this week. He set the bar for QB so low that Ponder can relax and not worry about being pulled this week.

Joemailman
10-24-2013, 11:35 AM
i think its a blowout

other than AP, that offense sucks, and their defense is even worse ranking 29th in points allowed per game (30.2) and 27th in yards allowed per game (391.2)

Vikings run defense is still pretty good, giving up only 3.4 YPC. The pass defense though is giving up almost 300 YPG, with 14 TD's against and 7 INT's. If Packers can keep Allen off Arod's back, he should be good for 300 yards and 3 TD's, even with the depleted receiver corp.

Fritz
10-24-2013, 11:49 AM
I wonder if this means that Mikey will eschew the run altogether on Sunday night.

I hope not.

ThunderDan
10-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Vikings run defense is still pretty good, giving up only 3.4 YPC. The pass defense though is giving up almost 300 YPG, with 14 TD's against and 7 INT's. If Packers can keep Allen off Arod's back, he should be good for 300 yards and 3 TD's, even with the depleted receiver corp.

I think those numbers are like the 2006 Pack. They had one of the top two run defenses because everyone threw on them and blew them out. No need to run when you can average 8+ yards per pass attempt.

Pugger
10-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Well, looking at the QBs...you'd have to drop 20 points of IQ to leave GB for MIN. Maybe he had a concussion?

He was brainwashed.

Pugger
10-24-2013, 12:48 PM
i think its a blowout

That defense made the Gmen look competent. We have to ride out the first quarter. The queens will be full of piss and vinegar right out of the gate. If we can show we can stop AP and get a 2 score lead that should take the wind out of their sails in one big hurry. We CANNOT turn the ball over, commit stupid penalties or give them a free TD on ST.

Pugger
10-24-2013, 12:50 PM
I wonder if this means that Mikey will eschew the run altogether on Sunday night.

I hope not.

I wouldn't think he would with our depleted WR corps.

Joemailman
10-24-2013, 12:55 PM

I hope not.

I don't think he will. He seems pretty committed to the run with Lacy available. Cleveland had a pretty stout run defense, but the Packers still had 25 rushing attempts.

Rastak
10-24-2013, 12:55 PM

You will probably score 24 in the first quarter.

Bossman641
10-24-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm concerned. With the full complement of receivers I wouldn't be worried but with this short-handed bunch I am. Viking return game is strong and AP always runs like a man possessed against us.

MadScientist
10-24-2013, 01:38 PM
You will probably score 24 in the first quarter.
C'mon Ras, where's your homeristic optimism? We need it around here so we can turn our focus to why the Pack should win instead of how they could loose. At least you should try to say that the performance Monday night was just to lull the Packers into a false sense of security going into this game.

3irty1
10-24-2013, 04:20 PM
I'll conservatively say this game makes the red zone channel unwatchable for the whole nation.

70 - 0 Packers

Joemailman
10-24-2013, 04:23 PM
70 - 0 Packers

I was thinking that, but I'm afraid Packers coverage units get worn out from having to cover so many kickoffs. Vikings get a big return late.

70-7.

red
10-24-2013, 04:23 PM
That defense made the Gmen look competent. We have to ride out the first quarter. The queens will be full of piss and vinegar right out of the gate. If we can show we can stop AP and get a 2 score lead that should take the wind out of their sails in one big hurry. We CANNOT turn the ball over, commit stupid penalties or give them a free TD on ST.

i agree

go on the attack early and put them behind. take the ball out of petersons hands and make ponder throw and try and play catch up

KYPack
10-24-2013, 05:18 PM
i agree

go on the attack early and put them behind. take the ball out of petersons hands and make ponder throw and try and play catch up

AP didn't practice today.

Hammy.

HarveyWallbangers
10-24-2013, 05:43 PM
AP didn't practice today.

Hammy.

Apparently, it's just a bruise and he's played the last several weeks with it. I don't expect it to put him down like hammy injuries do to the Packers.

red
10-24-2013, 05:56 PM
yeah, other teams players can still play with hammy injuries

we're the only ones that think it is an IR-able offense

run pMc
10-24-2013, 09:23 PM

The Vikings have also played some teams that aren't very good running the ball -- CLE right after the Richardson trade, the Giants pulled Peyton Hillis off the couch, PIT fell behind and had to throw. They played OK against Carolina, but Reggie Bush and Matt Forte had decent games against them. I'm thinking if M3 sticks with the run he'll have success with Lacy. I also think he'll give Starks some snaps as well, and if they average 4 ypc that Viking defense will be tired in the 4Q. They've consistently lost in the TOP column.
(As an aside, I wonder if Franklin's quickness will translate better on the Dome's turf.)

I'm with those who think GB needs to survive the 1Q and not make any big mistakes. Ponder will be playing with a lot of motivation and nothing to lose, and Peterson will be Peterson.
Still, GB has Rodgers, and GB's run defense is improved, so this feels like a 24-21 game to me.

Rastak
10-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Apparently, it's just a bruise and he's played the last several weeks with it. I don't expect it to put him down like hammy injuries do to the Packers.

Hey Harv, hope all is well.

He for sure was lacking his usual burst last week. No idea how he'll fare this weekend.

edit: He was in no danger of missing the game last week or this week.

Rastak
10-24-2013, 09:57 PM
C'mon Ras, where's your homeristic optimism? We need it around here so we can turn our focus to why the Pack should win instead of how they could loose. At least you should try to say that the performance Monday night was just to lull the Packers into a false sense of security going into this game.

Sorry, no can do. I have no optimism. More the defense than anything else.

HarveyWallbangers
10-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Hey Harv, hope all is well.

He for sure was lacking his usual burst last week. No idea how he'll fare this weekend.

edit: He was in no danger of missing the game last week or this week.

Things are pretty well. We need to organize another preseason get together next year. I barely see superfan anymore. I've only watched a couple of games with him.

Cheesehead Craig
10-25-2013, 08:44 AM
Twin Cities viewing party? Count me in Harv.

QBME
10-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Nick Perry participated in practice today. McMillan not at practice, no reason given yet.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/2787/practice-report-perrys-surprise-return

hoosier
10-25-2013, 01:00 PM
McMillian not at practice, no reason given yet.

Be still, my beating heart.

KYPack
10-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Nick Perry participated in practice today. McMillan not at practice, no reason given yet.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/2787/practice-report-perrys-surprise-return

I hope they aren't fitting little Mac for a gone jacket.

He had a shit game, but I think the kid could help.

He has got to learn his technique and where his help is coming from.

Obviously, the kid is thick, but he is a physical presence.

Joemailman
10-25-2013, 04:59 PM
I hope they aren't fitting little Mac for a gone jacket.

He had a shit game, but I think the kid could help.

He has got to learn his technique and where his help is coming from.

Obviously, the kid is thick, but he is a physical presence.

MM said he left practice today for personal reasons.

pbmax
10-25-2013, 07:10 PM
So Perry is getting better and might get to play Sunday Night.

But James Jones probably not quite ready:

Randall Cobb is down. Jermichael Finley is down. And after missing another practice Thursday, wide receiver James Jones might be hard-pressed to play Sunday at Minnesota, too.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/jarrett-boykin-ready-to-be-called-upon-again-in-minnesota-b99127412z1-229197351.html#ixzz2imYJk3hw
Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter

Freak Out
10-25-2013, 09:16 PM
http://deadspin.com/old-guy-who-refused-to-shave-till-the-vikings-won-a-sup-1452348322

George Cumby
10-26-2013, 12:48 AM
http://deadspin.com/old-guy-who-refused-to-shave-till-the-vikings-won-a-sup-1452348322

".....his ability to keep a promise outlasted by the Vikings' capacity to disappoint their fans."

I am glad I was born in 'Sconny!

green_bowl_packer
10-26-2013, 11:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ynUXcfHXZUg

channtheman
10-26-2013, 11:15 AM
i think its a blowout

I was thinking that, but I'm afraid Packers coverage units get worn out from having to cover so many kickoffs. Vikings get a big return late.

70-7.

I'll conservatively say this game makes the red zone channel unwatchable for the whole nation.

70 - 0 Packers

Thanks for these posts guys. Was getting worried about this game, but you guys have eased my concerns.

channtheman
10-26-2013, 11:16 AM
yeah, other teams players can still play with hammy injuries

we're the only ones that think it is an IR-able offense

Makes you wonder if Matthews "thumb" injury was really just his hammy. He's so embarrassed about the hammy keeping him out, he'd rather we think he's a pussy with a month long thumb injury!

sharpe1027
10-26-2013, 11:17 AM

That is a text book leading with the head. A fine will be coming for the kid. The little boy probably had to sit out the next week due to the new concussion rules.

pbmax
10-26-2013, 12:05 PM
All hands on deck for the D Backfield. Unfortunately for the Vikings game, only 3 of them will be active and on the field.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/casey-haywards-return-my-disrupt-packers-cornerback-depth-chart-b99128196z1-229345971.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

pbmax
10-27-2013, 10:53 AM
The injury report: Packers– Out: TE Jermichael Finley (neck), OLB Clay Matthews (thumb), TE Ryan Taylor (knee). Doubtful: WR James Jones (knee). Questionable: OLB Nick Perry (foot), ILB Brad Jones (hamstring). Probable: RB James Starks (knee), CB Casey Hayward (hamstring), CB Jarrett Bush (hamstring), S Jerron McMillian (not injury related).

Not the Game Day inactive list, just the last, official injury report.

HarveyWallbangers
10-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Who is making the game day thread? Red again?

red
10-27-2013, 11:27 AM
bitch bitch bitch

Fritz
10-27-2013, 01:54 PM
So now to get to the game day 46 they'll actually have to choose a semi-healthy guy?

I say McMillan, The Wife. Pick him.