PDA

View Full Version : Who is the upset?

Upnorth
10-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Here are the advancednflstats.com win probabilities,

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/24/sports/football/week-8-nfl-game-probabilities.html?_r=0

Given how many lopsided games there are there is a high probability one of the underdogs wins. Who would you pick of the following,

Tampa over Carolina
Cleveland over KC
Buffalo over NO
Jacksonville over SF
NYJ over CIN
Was over DEN
STL over Sea
or MIN over GB

I am leaning to Was over Den but would prefer STL over SEA.

jklowan
10-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Here are the advancednflstats.com win probabilities,

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/24/sports/football/week-8-nfl-game-probabilities.html?_r=0

Given how many lopsided games there are there is a high probability one of the underdogs wins. Who would you pick of the following,

Tampa over Carolina
Cleveland over KC
Buffalo over NO
Jacksonville over SF
NYJ over CIN
Was over DEN
STL over Sea
or MIN over GB

I am leaning to Was over Den but would prefer STL over SEA.

I will go with the JETS

Joemailman
10-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Washington over Denver. Denver's pass defense is lousy, and RGIII is rounding into something close to 2012 form.

Jets over Bengals wouldn't be much of an upset.

run pMc
10-24-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm going Tampa over Carolina. It's a division game, which means anything can happen. Also Carolina has been inconsistent this year.
Jets are also a good choice.

(Tiptoes past the MIN-GB game, hoping the Packers close out the big inflatable toilet with a blowout win)

denverYooper
10-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Washington over Denver. Denver's pass defense is lousy, and RGIII is rounding into something close to 2012 form.

Jets over Bengals wouldn't be much of an upset.

Game's in Denver, though. And Washington's defense is worse than Denver's.

denverYooper
10-24-2013, 09:20 PM
St. Louis.

George Cumby
10-24-2013, 10:01 PM
St. Louis.

+1. Division game. STL is a physical team. Fisher is a good coach. IMO better than the douchebag.

HarveyWallbangers
10-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Who is upset?

This guy is upset for making bad decisions.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/003/255/416/hi-res-7453682_crop_650.jpg?1373561234

Guiness
10-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Can't see ST-L winning with whoever they're going to have under center. NYJ over Cin wouldn't be much of an upset. Tampa or Buffalo, and I'll go with Buffalo. They played some great D and got after the QB last week, it's on the road but they might do it.

Pugger
10-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Tampa looked worse than MN against Carolina earlier tonight.

KYPack
10-25-2013, 05:49 AM
Tampa looked worse than MN against Carolina earlier tonight.

Schiano has lost his team.

He's got some solid pro's on that club, but he lost the team with his rah rah bullshit.

He was supposed to mold Freeman into a solid pro QB.

Instead, he ran him off and nobody in that locker room respects him and his bullshit, bc it didn't work.

Guiness
10-25-2013, 08:00 AM

He's got some solid pro's on that club, but he lost the team with his rah rah bullshit.

Instead, he ran him off and nobody in that locker room respects him and his bullshit, bc it didn't work.

Ya, he's REALLY bombed out. The new coach smell is gone, and TB didn't even have a little run before the act wore off. One former player commented 'it was like Cuba down there, and I don't mean warm and sunny'.

denverYooper
10-25-2013, 08:17 AM

His blatant surveillance tactics didn't help either. Wasn't there a story about him filming their sideline to make sure no one was laughing when they were losing?

Guiness
10-25-2013, 08:52 AM
His blatant surveillance tactics didn't help either. Wasn't there a story about him filming their sideline to make sure no one was laughing when they were losing?

Really? lol

I think those who predicted a TB upset saw a team playing for pride against a divisional opponent, and highly underestimated how messed up things are down there. A less talented team that bought into the program and was actually playing for their coach.

KYPack
10-25-2013, 11:24 AM

Missed that one, Yoop.

To me, it all stemmed back to when he blasted the other team's kneeldown formation in an obvious loss.

His team hated it and so did the other guys in the league.

It was like "oh no, here's Joe College trying to be an NFL badass".

Tampa must have somebody on staff that can take 'em home for the rest of the season. Put that guy in there and get a jump on the rest of the league in finding a HC.

denverYooper
10-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Re: Schiano videotaping players: http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/02/josh-freeman-greg-schiano-business/

Players have told their agents about coaches roaming through the locker room (typically the players’ sanctuary away from coaches) and staff videotaping players on the sidelines during losses to single out players laughing or horsing around. The players also speak to the influx of multiple Rutgers players from Schiano’s past and the use of the phrase “Schiano Men,” a term that clearly does not apply to Freeman.

Joemailman
10-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Missed that one, Yoop.

To me, it all stemmed back to when he blasted the other team's kneeldown formation in an obvious loss.

His team hated it and so did the other guys in the league.

It was like "oh no, here's Joe College trying to be an NFL badass".

Tampa must have somebody on staff that can take 'em home for the rest of the season. Put that guy in there and get a jump on the rest of the league in finding a HC.

Butch Davis is on the staff with the title of Special Assistant To The Head Coach. Since Mark Dominik has been the GM, they've hired Raheem Morris and Schiano. Yikes! Is that Dominik, or do the Glazers meddle in the football operations?

KYPack
10-25-2013, 07:58 PM
Butch Davis is on the staff with the title of Special Assistant To The Head Coach. Since Mark Dominik has been the GM, they've hired Raheem Morris and Schiano. Yikes! Is that Dominik, or do the Glazers meddle in the football operations?

Either him or Dave Wannstedt (ST coach).

I'd promote Wanny. He could calm everybody down, piss on the fire, and call in the dogs.

The Glazers need to sell that team.

They only care about Mann United.

Schiano shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Solid young college coach, but hardly the kind of guy cut out for the NFL.

gbgary
10-25-2013, 08:12 PM
wonder what their record for the year is so far?

Guiness
10-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Either him or Dave Wannstedt (ST coach).

I'd promote Wanny. He could calm everybody down, piss on the fire, and call in the dogs.

The Glazers need to sell that team.

They only care about Mann United.

Schiano shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Solid young college coach, but hardly the kind of guy cut out for the NFL.

Wannstedt, the Dolphins flameout who took a talent laden team Jimmy Johnson left behind, crapped the bed then went back to the college ranks? He's in TB?

Ya, he'd be a solid upgrade.

KYPack
10-26-2013, 03:24 AM
Wannstedt, sthe Dolphins flameout who took a talent laden team Jimmy Johnson left behind, crapped the bed then went back to the college ranks? He's in TB?

Ya, he'd be a solid upgrade.

Butch Davis would come in and kick ass. That's what Schiano has been trying to do.

Wanny has been around the block, the Bucs need some stability to decompress. Dave just be a maintenance guy. Unless they have some brilliant young guy on staff, Wanny would be the right guy to end this dismal season. Tampa has a bigger problem. They need a new coach AND a new GM. & probably a new ownership team.

They are all screwed up.

Guiness
10-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Butch Davis would come in and kick ass. That's what Schiano has been trying to do.

Wanny has been around the block, the Bucs need some stability to decompress. Dave just be a maintenance guy. Unless they have some brilliant young guy on staff, Wanny would be the right guy to end this dismal season. Tampa has a bigger problem. They need a new coach AND a new GM. & probably a new ownership team.

They are all screwed up.

I was trying to be facetious with my previous post, but I do agree that W is the best choice to get this team through the season without a Mutiny on the Bounty scene.

I don't know anything about Butch, but if he's an ass kicker I think that's the opposite of what they need...the players just endured Shianco's "My way or my way" (quote stolen from PFT I think?) so beating them up more is a bad idea. Lovie Smith has been mentioned. With the season lose, he gives the advantage that if they brought him in as interim HC and he worked out, they wouldn't have to interview again at the end of the season to satisfy the Romney rules. Which, interestingly, is a pretty good case of reverse discrimination.

KYPack
10-26-2013, 09:21 PM
I was trying to be facetious with my previous post, but I do agree that W is the best choice to get this team through the season without a Mutiny on the Bounty scene.

I don't know anything about Butch, but if he's an ass kicker I think that's the opposite of what they need...the players just endured Shianco's "My way or my way" (quote stolen from PFT I think?) so beating them up more is a bad idea. Lovie Smith has been mentioned. With the season lose, he gives the advantage that if they brought him in as interim HC and he worked out, they wouldn't have to interview again at the end of the season to satisfy the Romney rules. Which, interestingly, is a pretty good case of reverse discrimination.
Yeah.

I don't really have a horse in this race, either.

Either guy would be OK and an improvement.

Davis is a consultant so he keeps getting paid from his old coaching contract from UNC.

Whichever they hire, it'll be an improvement on Greg S.

I never figured out how he got that gig in the first place. He was an up and coming DI coach, but he wasn't even the best coach in the Big East, which ain't the SEC by a long shot.