PDA

View Full Version : Tramon williams, maybe a trade?

red
10-27-2013, 05:38 PM
trade deadline is coming up on tuesday. a handful of names have already been mentioned as guys who could be traded

now that we are healthy, anyone think theres any chance we could try and move tramon?IMO, if he was traded he wouldn't be missed. we got 4 very good looking cb's on the roster besides him

i say trade him and get whatever you can get for him because we're just gonna cut him in the offseason anyways

jklowan
10-27-2013, 05:54 PM
trade deadline is coming up on tuesday. a handful of names have already been mentioned as guys who could be traded

now that we are healthy, anyone think theres any chance we could try and move tramon?IMO, if he was traded he wouldn't be missed. we got 4 very good looking cb's on the roster besides him

i say trade him and get whatever you can get for him because we're just gonna cut him in the offseason anyways

because every team will give up a player or draft pick for an average corner making 7.5 million, dream on

red
10-27-2013, 05:56 PM
all it takes is one idiot to think he still has talent. almost every media guy thinks he can still play, maybe some personal men think the same thing

Guiness
10-27-2013, 05:57 PM

I could see this happening, I'm the guy who thought Tramon would get cut at the end of TC. I think it would be much more likely if Hayward had been healthy and seen the field before now.

denverYooper
10-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Trade for Jared Allen. They could just swap unis before the game.

pbmax
10-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Let's wait until he tweaks his hamstring.

gbgary
10-27-2013, 07:23 PM
he's better than 'average'. as injury prone as this team is as a whole i'd keep him for the remainder.

Carolina_Packer
10-27-2013, 11:15 PM
11/30/2010: Signed a five-year, $38.148 million contract. The deal contains $11.074 million guaranteed, including a $6 million signing bonus. 2013: $5.9 million (+ $300,000 roster bonus), 2014: $6.9 million (+ $300,000 roster bonus), 2015: Free Agent

6.9 is huge money to give a guy who is not playing like the clear number one corner. He will likely have to take a pay cut to stay in GB, if the Packers even want him after this season, which his play will dictate. He is one of those guys who needs to pick up his game.

Brandon494
10-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Keep dreaming...TT is our GM.

Packers4Glory
10-28-2013, 07:36 AM
I'm sick of him. does almost nothing good on the field any more except commit a stupid penalty once a game.

run pMc
10-28-2013, 07:48 AM
Keep him this season. If Sam Shields leaves in FA, they'll need a CB to play the outside. Plus, his play in the slot hasn't been awful.
The 1st PI call on him last night was bad and set up a late 2Q TD.

Brandon494
10-28-2013, 07:55 AM
I'm sick of him. does almost nothing good on the field any more except commit a stupid penalty once a game.

Oh you mean the penalty before half that wasn't even a penalty?

Upnorth
10-28-2013, 08:00 AM
That was a ticky tack call imo. I say keep him for this year and ask him to restructure. He is way over paid but between injuries and shields upcoming FA he is good to have around - at the right price. On the other hand If we can extend shields then cut him and use some of the savings to extend haywood

Packers4Glory
10-28-2013, 08:04 AM

honestly I didn't see much of this game watching the World Series. I commented before I knew about his 2 more last night. I wasn't shocked. I'm just a little surprised one wasn't a personal foul.

ThunderDan
10-28-2013, 08:25 AM

He took down Patterson on 4th and 3 late in the game also for a 40+ yard pi that led to Ponders touchdown run.

ThunderDan
10-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Keep him this season. If Sam Shields leaves in FA, they'll need a CB to play the outside. Plus, his play in the slot hasn't been awful.
The 1st PI call on him last night was bad and set up a late 2Q TD.

I think you dump Tramon and use the money to keep Shields.

pbmax
10-28-2013, 08:51 AM
He took down Patterson on 4th and 3 late in the game also for a 40+ yard pi that led to Ponders touchdown run.

What happened on that one? I couldn't tell from the replay, did he really trip the WR as Collingworth seemed to be saying?

ThunderDan
10-28-2013, 08:58 AM
What happened on that one? I couldn't tell from the replay, did he really trip the WR as Collingworth seemed to be saying?

Yes, he got beat but Ponder threw a pop fly so Patterson had to slow down a little. Tramon knew he couldn't break up the pass so he did this feet first kind of slide thing into Patterson's legs and knocked him off stride.

pbmax
10-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Yes, he got beat but Ponder threw a pop fly so Patterson had to slow down a little. Tramon knew he couldn't break up the pass so he did this feet first kind of slide thing into Patterson's legs and knocked him off stride.

Ah, soccer tackle.

Patler
10-28-2013, 09:02 AM
He really has slipped a notch, in all aspects. He gets penalties he avoided in the past, gives up completions seemingly more frequently, and now has become a half step late and/or simple fails to secure interceptions he would have made 3 or 4 years ago. Still a good player, but one who will turn 31 next March. The future is with Shields, House, Hayward and Hyde, hopefully Nixon. The $7 million earmarked for Williams next year is better spent on someone else.

With the developing depth at CB, it might not even make sense to try and renegotiate as they did with Hawk and Crosby. It might depend on whether Nixon is any good or not, if Hyde's future is as a CB or a safety, and/or who they might draft in 2014. Of course, there is still the issue of having to get Shields re-signed.

PA Pack Fan
10-28-2013, 09:13 AM
In his defense, those were some shitty pass interference calls.

Joemailman
10-28-2013, 09:16 AM
He really has slipped a notch, in all aspects. He gets penalties he avoided in the past, gives up completions seemingly more frequently, and now has become a half step late and/or simple fails to secure interceptions he would have made 3 or 4 years ago. Still a good player, but one who will turn 31 next March. The future is with Shields, House, Hayward and Hyde, hopefully Nixon. The $7 million earmarked for Williams next year is better spent on someone else.

With the developing depth at CB, it might not even make sense to try and renegotiate as they did with Hawk and Crosby. It might depend on whether Nixon is any good or not, if Hyde's future is as a CB or a safety, and/or who they might draft in 2014. Of course, there is still the issue of having to get Shields re-signed.

Of course, the need to get Shields signed is the best reason not to pay Tramon next year. Sam has become so good, some games you hardly notice him because they're not throwing at him much.

One negative is that the Packers have only 3 INT's this year, after INT's were down last year compared to previous years. Do we just have to accept that this is a different type of defense than it was with Woodson and Collins back there?

ThunderDan
10-28-2013, 09:19 AM
In his defense, those were some shitty pass interference calls.

The first one was. The second one was a good call. In Tramon's defense he had to "bump" Patterson off stride or it was a Viking touchdown.

Patler
10-28-2013, 09:24 AM
One negative is that the Packers have only 3 INT's this year, after INT's were down last year compared to previous years. Do we just have to accept that this is a different type of defense than it was with Woodson and Collins back there?

Interceptions seem to come in bunches. One guy gets a couple, and everyone starts looking for them. Hayward could be the catalyst to start them coming again.

Guiness
10-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Ah, soccer tackle.

I guess. I'm not sure what it was.

Joemailman
10-28-2013, 10:37 AM
I think it was a trip designed to look like legs getting tangled up.

denverYooper
10-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Of course, the need to get Shields signed is the best reason not to pay Tramon next year. Sam has become so good, some games you hardly notice him because they're not throwing at him much.

They seem to give up a lot less 40+ yard plays also.

Old School
10-28-2013, 11:56 AM
I think the 2nd penalty was legit. It was a clumsy attempt to look like they their legs tangled up. For the moment it prevented a TD. Without seeing the numbers for the year, it certainly seems to me Tramon is allowing way too many completions. The only thing in his favor is he's not giving up a lot of YAC.

The Packers have to keep T Will until they extend Shields or they won't have any leverage with Sam.

Freak Out
10-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Is there a chance in hell TT makes a trade for Gonzo considering Big Fin is probably done?

Old School
10-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Mea maxima culpa!!!! Just saw T Wil on Larry McCarran's show. He said he hasn't allowed a reception in 3 games. Yes, 3 games.

And that "shows to go" what I know when saying he allows too many receptions. Consider me zipped.

King Friday
10-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Is there a chance in hell TT makes a trade for Gonzo considering Big Fin is probably done?

Gonzo is probably done too...just not in the same way.

Smeefers
10-28-2013, 07:18 PM

It's really a shame Tramon blossomed so late in his career. Wasn't he one of those undrafted guys who barely clung onto the roster year after year and then suddenly he was a star nickle back when we had Harris and Woodson. He was most likely better than Harris for a good two years before we bumped him up to starter and got rid of Harris. Thing was, Harris would of sucked in the slot and Tramon was a king there. They had to keep Harris on the outside. Bah, I don't know how coaches make the decisions. I always end up chasing my tail.

Pugger
10-29-2013, 01:44 AM

When did we get healthy?