PDA

View Full Version : Where are the INT's?

Bossman641
10-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Packers are tied for the fewest INT in the league with 3. The pass rush has been pretty effective and the secondary is very deep. I know these things normally come in bunches, but I thought last night was going to be the start of it.

It would be nice if the D could start stealing some possessions for the offense. Packers have forced only 7 turnovers on the year, 27th in the league.

Joemailman
10-28-2013, 11:18 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, and I agree. It hasn't killed the Packers because they have a QB who has only thrown 4. However, both of their losses were games where they had a 4th quarter lead, and might have been able to ice the game with an INT. Burnett has been solid, but he needs to make more plays on the ball. Maybe getting Hayward back playing full time will help. I also think that House is more of a threat than Williams to get a pick, but they're sticking with Williams for now.

PA Pack Fan
10-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Tramon had one right in his hands. Dropped it.

Bossman641
10-28-2013, 11:32 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, and I agree. It hasn't killed the Packers because they have a QB who has only thrown 4. However, both of their losses were games where they had a 4th quarter lead, and might have been able to ice the game with an INT. Burnett has been solid, but he needs to make more plays on the ball. Maybe getting Hayward back playing full time will help. I also think that House is more of a threat than Williams to get a pick, but they're sticking with Williams for now.

It's putting an awful lot of pressure on the offense to not turn the ball over, especially with so many new faces. Packers have a ~90% win ratio under MM when winning the TO battle.

gbgary
10-28-2013, 12:39 PM
we're getting sacks this year instead.

Tony Oday
10-28-2013, 12:42 PM
The QBs we are facing can't come close to hitting their targets so our CBs are out of position...better throws and our guys could pick them :)

pbmax
10-28-2013, 12:48 PM

23 sacks this year through seven games. 46 sacks last year for all sixteen. Slightly ahead of schedule. Not sure about blitz frequency. but Matthews has missed 3 of seven games (part of another?) while last year he missed 4 of 16.

MadtownPacker
10-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Agreed, between that and the pressure being generated the throws aren't being made to get intercepted. Having hell of picks at the expense of giving up big plays is not worth it IMO.

red
10-28-2013, 01:13 PM
other than casey hayward last year did we have a lot of INT's last year?

denverYooper
10-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Agreed, between that and the pressure being generated the throws aren't being made to get intercepted. Having hell of picks at the expense of giving up big plays is not worth it IMO.

I'd be interested to see what the sacks, hits, and hurries totals look like. They sure seem to be a hell of a lot better at applying pressure more consistently, even if (as pb mentions) sacks are only slightly ahead of schedule.

Joemailman
10-28-2013, 02:40 PM
other than casey hayward last year did we have a lot of INT's last year?

18 last year was tied for 8th in NFL, but that was the lowest since Capers became DC.

Packers ratio of TD passes allowed/Interceptions in the Capers era:

2009: 29/30
2010: 16/24
2011: 29/31
2012: 24/18
2013: 12/3

2010 is probably what you are looking for. The years they had the most interceptions, they also got burned a lot.

Brandon494
10-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Tramon had one right in his hands. Dropped it.

He made a great break on the ball but it wasn't right in his hands.

Joemailman
10-28-2013, 04:42 PM

Yeah, but his breaks ain't what they used to be. That would have been a pick-6 3 years ago.

Patler
10-28-2013, 05:31 PM

No, he made a break on the ball, a bit late or a bit slow. If he had made a great break, it would have been 6 points.

mission
10-29-2013, 12:03 AM
Defense is playing better without the turnovers. Would love to see more obviously, but I was always a little concerned that our defense was a little smoke and mirrors before... we couldn't do shit without getting a couple turnovers. Now I just have more faith in them to force a punt.

Pugger
10-29-2013, 01:42 AM
The QBs we are facing can't come close to hitting their targets so our CBs are out of position...better throws and our guys could pick them :)

:lol: