PDA

View Full Version : Packers Get Flexed

pbmax
11-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 8m
The #Packers-Giants Week 11 game has been flexed out of Sunday Night Football and into a 3:25 pm CT slot on FOX for the #Broncos-#Chiefs

One less Sunday Night Game for the boys. Good.

Less hype and I have to wait less to watch them play.

channtheman
11-01-2013, 03:32 PM
I like this as well. It annoys me having to wait until 7:30 for the game to start, and then I have to stay up so late just to watch the game.

denverYooper
11-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 8m
The #Packers-Giants Week 11 game has been flexed out of Sunday Night Football and into a 3:25 pm CT slot on FOX for the #Broncos-#Chiefs

One less Sunday Night Game for the boys. Good.

Less hype and I have to wait less to watch them play.

Agreed. I hate night games now.

MadScientist
11-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Not a fan of Sunday night Packers games. Glad the Giants suck so bad this year that flexing in the Broncos - Chiefs was an easy call.

red
11-01-2013, 04:40 PM
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!!!!!!!!

THAT MEANS WE GET FUCK AND SUCK as our announcers

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/380808/80984641.jpg

Joemailman
11-01-2013, 05:04 PM

It means the Game Day Thread better be up before I turn on my computer Sunday Morning.

denverYooper
11-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
MT @adamteicher: CBS originally protected Broncos-Chiefs. Whether by pressure from NFL or some cash changed hands, CBS gave up the game

red
11-01-2013, 05:06 PM
screw you, you'll get your fucking game day thread whenever i wake my drunk ass up and get off the shitter

i WILL NOT be rushed

red
11-01-2013, 05:12 PM

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/380808/80984641.jpg

you know, you can't really see those assholes hands

judging by their facial expressions, i'd have to say they are giving each other an enjoyable tug and they are both getting near the end

i think we're seeing their vinegar strokes

Smidgeon
11-01-2013, 05:33 PM
I don't like flexing them down to the afternoon. When they're the Sunday night game, I can watch it live. When they're competing with other games, they often don't show the Pack out here. I then have to wait until late at night to catch the game on NFL Rewind.

Verdict: Boo!

MJZiggy
11-01-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't like flexing them down to the afternoon. When they're the Sunday night game, I can watch it live. When they're competing with other games, they often don't show the Pack out here. I then have to wait until late at night to catch the game on NFL Rewind.

This, except that I don't have NFL rewind so I have to either go to the bar or watch it on a 3 inch computer screen. Sucks.

Little Whiskey
11-02-2013, 09:58 AM

This, except that I don't have NFL rewind so I have to either go to the bar or watch it on a 3 inch computer screen. Sucks.

I agree. I will probably get some shitty NFC game that features he bears or lions. Booo

Fritz
11-02-2013, 03:18 PM
screw you, you'll get your fucking game day thread whenever i wake my drunk ass up and get off the shitter

i WILL NOT be rushed

NEVER rush a man off the shitter.
And I'm with the out-of-owners who will probably have Togo to asports bar or watch on a computer screen. In my case because Fox Detroit never shows back-to-back games in this market. So it'll be the Lions and an infomercial. Ugh.

red
11-02-2013, 05:05 PM
NEVER rush a man off the shitter.
And I'm with the out-of-owners who will probably have Togo to asports bar or watch on a computer screen. In my case because Fox Detroit never shows back-to-back games in this market. So it'll be the Lions and an infomercial. Ugh.

gotta love detroit. the fans are so fickle that the TV stations have to protect the teams so the fans don't start fall for another towns team and jump ship

pbmax
11-02-2013, 06:38 PM
gotta love detroit. the fans are so fickle that the TV stations have to protect the teams so the fans don't start fall for another towns team and jump ship

All home markets are protected from home game network double-headers. Fans in Green Bay and Milwaukee won't get an early Fox game and there will be no CBS game on in the late slot no matter who has the official double header. Home markets get two games max if the team is at home during the afternoon.

Outlying markets get the whole smorgasbord on Sunday, but are shut out of over the air ESPN and NFLN broadcasts

Guiness
11-02-2013, 07:23 PM
All home markets are protected from home game network double-headers. Fans in Green Bay and Milwaukee won't get an early Fox game and there will be no CBS game on in the late slot no matter who has the official double header. Home markets get two games max if the team is at home during the afternoon.

Outlying markets get the whole smorgasbord on Sunday, but are shut out of over the air ESPN and NFLN broadcasts

I'm sure that's some meaningful shit right there, but it's by me.

pbmax
11-03-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm sure that's some meaningful shit right there, but it's by me.

Most people, on Sunday afternoons get three games. One Network has a double header and the other a single game, which can be either early or late.

Home markets, television markets designated home for a franchise by the League, are different. Green Bay gets to claim Milwaukee and Green Bay. In those markets, you never have the OTHER network broadcasting while the home team is playing (so for GB, you never see the CBS games in the same time slot as the Packers). You also never get the other end of the double header on you home network. So if Packers play the Giants at 3:00 PM local, there will not be a Fox game in Milwaukee or Green Bay at 12:00.

So in a home market, you usually only see two games a week on Sunday afternoon.

If you are really curious, they cover it all here in ever more excruciating detail: http://506sports.com/nfl/

Pugger
11-03-2013, 10:16 AM
I won't be surprised if the flex the Atlanta game also.

Fritz
11-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Way to 'splain it, PB!