PDA

View Full Version : THE injury

red
11-04-2013, 11:04 PM
well, this is the a-rod injury watch thread

post here if anyone hears anything

what we no for sure is that its a left shoulder injury (probably a pulled hamstring)

packerrats has heard whispers out of green bay that it could be an AC separation, which might mean a-rod misses multiple weeks

red
11-04-2013, 11:05 PM
fat mike gives us nothing in the post game presser because the training staff has no clue what the injury is

he said we'll know more tomorrow

probably after a-rod sees a real doctor that knows what the fuck he's doing

channtheman
11-04-2013, 11:08 PM
fat mike gives us nothing in the post game presser because the training staff has no clue what the injury is

he said we'll know more tomorrow

probably after a-rod sees a real doctor that knows what the fuck he's doing

This medical crew is absolutely clueless. More inept than Slocum coaching ST and our defense on the last drive.

Little Whiskey
11-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Flynn was released today. Wallace should be shown the door regardless. That guy was useless.

George Cumby
11-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Flynn was released today. Wallace should be shown the door regardless. That guy was useless.

Bring Flynn in for a workout.

domey
11-04-2013, 11:22 PM
They know exactly what the injury is...why the hell they don't want to tell anyone is anyone's guess. Maybe they are in denial.

esoxx
11-04-2013, 11:24 PM
I hope and pray it's an AC joint separation. That's the injury Favre suffered to non-throwing shoulder when Reggie pile-drived him in 1992.
If it's collar bone fracture, it's bye bye season, or at minimum a majority of season gone and by then likely out of the race, regardless of what McGinn might surmise.

Joemailman
11-04-2013, 11:26 PM
They know exactly what the injury is...why the hell they don't want to tell anyone is anyone's guess. Maybe they are in denial.

More likely they need an MRI to diagnose the injury.

domey
11-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Maybe true, but it is common for coaches to "beat around the bush" with this stuff. I don't know why this is. Just give it to the public straight up. This should especially be true for the Packers given the ownership structure.

red
11-04-2013, 11:30 PM
my guess is that the x-ray revealed shit was broken (or why wouldn't he have returned?), but they're waiting for an MRI to see how much other stuff is also fucked up before letting us know it a worse case type of scenario

esoxx
11-04-2013, 11:30 PM

If it is an AC separation, the extent of injury is likely unknown until they can get an MRI scan to see if ligament is torn or disruption to the deltoid, neither of which would be seen on x-ray. There's six different levels of AC separation severity.

red
11-04-2013, 11:32 PM
If it is an AC separation, the extent of injury is likely unknown until they can get an MRI scan to see if ligament is torn or disruption to the delta, neither of which would be seen on x-ray. There's six different levels of AC separation severity.

and the last 4 levels require surgery to fix from what i read

domey
11-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Ok..I stand corrected. It just seems like the public is getting the run around when it comes to injuries.

pbmax
11-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Demo agrees McCarthy knows more than he is letting on, though I think saying "exactly" is pushing it because swelling can hide things and no MRI was done. They can do CTs at the stadium I believe.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 22m
@JerseyAlGBP Cuz he knows exactly what's wrong with Rodgers.

Carolina_Packer
11-04-2013, 11:35 PM

With some injuries, don't they wait to do an MRI to see if initial swelling goes down? Hoping for the best. Bring back Flynn! You can't let Wallace go at this point. With Rodgers situation being unknown, Flynn would be a perfect fit. Wallace would be 2nd string until Rodgers comes back, and then they'd have to decide if they carry three QB's. That's assuming they go after Flynn, which would seem to make the most sense at this point.

esoxx
11-04-2013, 11:36 PM
4-6 most severe, can we get lucky for once and have a grade I or II?
Thinking if it's a collarbone they would know exact diagnosis and type of fracture involved; non-displaced, displaced, spiral, etc...

red
11-04-2013, 11:39 PM
4-6 most severe, can we get lucky for once and have a grade I or II?
Thinking if it's a collarbone they would know exact diagnosis and type of fracture involved; non-displaced, displaced, spiral, etc...

and if it was a collarbone i doubt he would have been back out on the sideline without a sling or ice

Freak Out
11-04-2013, 11:39 PM
I loved how Boomer said Favres phone would start ringing after Rodgers went down. Westwood One....lol.

sharpe1027
11-04-2013, 11:40 PM
I hope and pray it's an AC joint separation. That's the injury Favre suffered to non-throwing shoulder when Reggie pile-drived him in 1992.
If it's collar bone fracture, it's bye bye season, or at minimum a majority of season gone and by then likely out of the race, regardless of what McGinn might surmise.
Depends on the severity of the separation. If it is an AC sep. then the fact that he could jog to the locker room is a positive sign. I had a third degree AC separation and I sure as hell couldn't have ran like that after the injury. They didn't even give him a sling.

red
11-04-2013, 11:44 PM
I loved how Boomer said Favres phone would start ringing after Rodgers went down. Westwood One....lol.

nope, sorry, that bridge has been burned down, pissed on, recycled into TP and used to wipe some fat drunks ass after eating a giant burrito and flushed to hell, or wherever the toilet sends things

sharpe1027
11-04-2013, 11:46 PM
and the last 4 levels require surgery to fix from what i read

Not always. Third degree may not require surgery, especially for a non throwing arm.

*edit*. And there we have proof that alcohol affects math skills. Sorry Red. I can't count.

Pugger
11-05-2013, 01:20 AM
my guess is that the x-ray revealed shit was broken (or why wouldn't he have returned?), but they're waiting for an MRI to see how much other stuff is also fucked up before letting us know it a worse case type of scenario

If it were a fracture I would think he would have been in a sling like Woodson was in the SB.

Pugger
11-05-2013, 01:25 AM
With some injuries, don't they wait to do an MRI to see if initial swelling goes down? Hoping for the best. Bring back Flynn! You can't let Wallace go at this point. With Rodgers situation being unknown, Flynn would be a perfect fit. Wallace would be 2nd string until Rodgers comes back, and then they'd have to decide if they carry three QB's. That's assuming they go after Flynn, which would seem to make the most sense at this point.

Something has to be wrong with Flynn. Why couldn't he cut it as a back up in Oakland or Buffalo?

Remember when Aaron went out with a concussion against Detroit and Flynn had to come in? Matt didn't look much better than Wallace did tonight. However, with a week of reps Flynn damn near beat NE in NE save a stupid TD return by that lineman. I think with a week of reps a veteran like Wallace will be good enough with our running game to beat the Iggles.

packrulz
11-05-2013, 05:02 AM
Packers | Fractured collarbone for Aaron Rodgers?

Mon, 04 Nov 2013 20:01:28 -0800
Updating a previous report, Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) suffered a fractured collarbone in the first quarter of the Week 9 game against the Chicago Bears Monday, Nov. 4, sources told WBBM Newsradio 780 sideline reporter Zach Zaidman. Originally, the injury was deemed a shoulder injury.

FANTASY TIP: Stay tuned for further information on the injury to Rodgers. The severity of the injury, and how much time he might miss, is still not yet known.
http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=879105-packers-fractured-collarbone-for-aaron-rodgers?

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2jleO1Qpp
I think they should bring back Flynn, he has a grasp of the offense:http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4949/matt-flynn

pittstang5
11-05-2013, 05:40 AM
So I've accepted that Rodgers could be out for a while. The Packers can win especially if Clay and Perry come back for the Eagles and Seneca or whoever can just manage the game. Having a running game helps. Most importantly, if Clay and/or Perry don't come back this week, the defense HAS to step up. They needed to last night and fell flat. McCown had way too much time, especially on 3rd down. They tried blitzing, but just couldn't get home.

Bears o-line has been very good if I understand correctly.

Packers4Glory
11-05-2013, 06:37 AM
what's wrong with flynn is he's been on shitty teams w/ no help. he's not going to make guys better but he'll look decent with guys around him. plus he knew this offense really well.

Joemailman
11-05-2013, 06:38 AM
Something has to be wrong with Flynn. Why couldn't he cut it as a back up in Oakland or Buffalo?

Remember when Aaron went out with a concussion against Detroit and Flynn had to come in? Matt didn't look much better than Wallace did tonight. However, with a week of reps Flynn damn near beat NE in NE save a stupid TD return by that lineman. I think with a week of reps a veteran like Wallace will be good enough with our running game to beat the Iggles.

That may well be true. Hope so. However, it could be that Flynn's success in Green Bay was a product of McCarthy's and Clements' coaching. He might be able to resurrect his career if reunited with them.

Bossman641
11-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Schefter is reporting small collarbone fracture. Expected to miss 3 weeks. Let's hope that's all it is.

Pugger
11-05-2013, 08:29 AM
If Schefter's report is true we might have dodged a bullet. Of course we all thought Nick Perry would only be out a couple of weeks. :sad:

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 08:37 AM

At least he didn't fumble any handoffs.

hoosier
11-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Three weeks for a clavicle fracture? That sounds really light to me, no matter how "small" it is. The fracture itself usually takes at least four weeks to heal, and in a contact sport I would think even more time off would be needed because of the high risk of reinjury. And if it was the collar bone, wouldn't Rodgers have been wearing a sling? I won't be surprised if this report turns out to be wrong.

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 08:39 AM
what's wrong with flynn is he's been on shitty teams w/ no help. he's not going to make guys better but he'll look decent with guys around him. plus he knew this offense really well.

Going to agree with this. Flynn can work in the right home, like GB. But I'd be surprised if they bring him back.

Cheesehead Craig
11-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Well, they have to bring in someone ASAP. I don't see why they wouldn't bring in Flynn. It's either him or Vince Young.

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Three weeks for a clavicle fracture? That sounds really light to me, no matter how "small" it is. The fracture itself usually takes at least four weeks to heal, and in a contact sport I would think even more time off would be needed because of the high risk of reinjury. And if it was the collar bone, wouldn't Rodgers have been wearing a sling? I won't be surprised if this report turns out to be wrong.

Only thing that I can think is that they figured the fracture (if it *is*) would be so minor that Rodgers could just use his sweatshirt pocket to support his arm.

Tony Oday
11-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Pump him full of stem cells.

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Pump him full of stem cells.

There's a charter flight scheduled out of Green Bay headed to Brussels today ;).

KYPack
11-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Yeah, this is some great news.

One play and we are the Vikings.

Solid D, no QB.

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 08:49 AM

Solid D, no QB.

Beastly RB.

Cheesehead Craig
11-05-2013, 08:50 AM

Solid D, no QB.

The Vikes D is one of the worst in the league. I don't buy the "We're the Vikes" crap.

pbmax
11-05-2013, 08:54 AM
I'll take 3 weeks. Not happily, but it could be so much worse.

KYPack
11-05-2013, 08:57 AM
The Vikes D is one of the worst in the league. I don't buy the "We're the Vikes" crap.

OK, who do you want us to be?

We sure as shit ain't the team we were Monday morning.

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 08:58 AM
David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 17m
Type of "small" fracture on Rodgers clavicle will determine treatment and recovery. Medial (SC), lateral (AC), avulsion or incomplete etc.
Details
David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 25m
Initial speculation by ESPN media is @AaronRodgers12 is out for 3 weeks. Waiting for CT scan results before giving medical estimate on time.
Details
David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 27m
Signs on Rodgers injury point to a chip fracture rather than a break in the middle of the clavicle (collarbone) that would require surgery.

Patler
11-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Well, they have to bring in someone ASAP. I don't see why they wouldn't bring in Flynn. It's either him or Vince Young.

Scott Tolzien will be signed from the practice squad. They just increased his salary to the minimum if he were on the regular roster. They must like him. He should be more ready to step in than Flynn would be at this point.

Infamous
11-05-2013, 09:13 AM
#BringBackFavre

Freak Out
11-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Does Tolzien have an NFL arm?

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Scott Tolzien will be signed from the practice squad. They just increased his salary to the minimum if he were on the regular roster. They must like him. He should be more ready to step in than Flynn would be at this point.

This. They're going to dance with the ones they brung. They're going to have to scheme 2 wins in the next 4 games.

If they get Matthews and Perry back in the next game or 2, the D should look a little better and might even get some takeaways.

bobblehead
11-05-2013, 09:45 AM
nope, sorry, that bridge has been burned down, pissed on, recycled into TP and used to wipe some fat drunks ass after eating a giant burrito and flushed to hell, or wherever the toilet sends things

No such thing. It won't happen because I don't think Brett wants to play and TT doesn't really want to bring in a 44 year old. However I could think of more unlikely scenarios. A bridge is never truly burned if 2 sides want the same thing, so If Brett actually wanted to reconnect with the fans and the organization and TT and MM think he is our best chance to succeed you would see that bridge rebuilt in one hell of a hurry.

Bossman641
11-05-2013, 09:51 AM
This. They're going to dance with the ones they brung. They're going to have to scheme 2 wins in the next 4 games.

If they get Matthews and Perry back in the next game or 2, the D should look a little better and might even get some takeaways.

Wouldn't that be nice!!

pbmax
11-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
Again, in 2008, Rodgers played with a dislocated THROWING shoulder. I don't have any scoop for you, but I wouldn't bet against him. #Packers

Cheesehead Craig
11-05-2013, 11:40 AM
OK, who do you want us to be?

We sure as shit ain't the team we were Monday morning.

So we should just jump off the cliff and scream we're no better than one of the worst teams in the NFL? Come on.

CaptainKickass
11-05-2013, 12:15 PM
So we should just jump off the cliff and scream we're no better than one of the worst teams in the NFL? Come on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBj0eCpEdyc

pbmax
11-05-2013, 01:23 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131105/PKR0101/131105031/Murphy-says-Rodgers-will-undergo-CT-scan

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 22m
New at http://PackersNews.com Insider blog: #Packers president Mark Murphy says Rodgers to undergo CT scan today: http://pck.rs/1hgQ3cz

I am no Mr. Rand. But I believe this would point to a bone injury. If he dislocated it, it would be an MRI, right?

pbmax
11-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Robert Klemko ‏@RobertKlemko 38m
Uh oh. RT @RobDemovsky: Source confirms Rodgers has a broken collarbone. As for timetable, source said: "It's going to be a little while."

Now before you jump off a bridge. A break in a bone can mean a lot of things. So just stayed glued to the computer before making a decision about how to rend your garments or make a FF trade.

pbmax
11-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Rodgers said live on radio that his collarbone is fractured but does not have a timetable or prognosis yet.

--At first tried to throw with Wallace to go back out
--McKenzie told him after that he had to go inside for an exam
--While inside, heard McKenzie sending back word to team he was out
--Then took snaps from GVR and threw to Cobb in locker room. Wasn't working.
--By halftime, knew he wasn't going to be able to play

Rodgers getting choked up about reception he got from fans when he came back onto the field (called it a Top 5 moment).

Doesn't sound like he expects to play this week but is unsure what the prognosis will be.

woodbuck27
11-05-2013, 01:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000277003/article/aaron-rodgers-believed-to-have-small-collarbone-break

Packers' Aaron Rodgers has small break in collarbone

By Marc Sessler Around the League Writer

Published: Nov. 5, 2013 at 09:01 a.m.
Updated: Nov. 5, 2013 at 02:21 p.m.

" Packers backup Seneca Wallace was little more than an Eddie Lacy handoff machine with Rodgers watching from the sideline in sweats.

Expect Green Bay to shop around for legitimate quarterback help with its best player out of the mix.

It's a devastating loss for a Packers team that fell into a three-way tie for first place Monday night with the Bears and Detroit Lions. The much-improved ground game will be leaned on, but there's no way to mask the absence of the NFL's finest passer. Rodgers exited the game with 15 touchdowns and just four picks on the season.

If only Brett Favre were five years younger. "

GO PACKERS !

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Running comments from his show:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/230694491.html

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Rodgers called the injury significant.

pbmax
11-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Steve 'Homer' True thinks, given Rodgers serious tone (also referred to "its a significant injury") that he is done for the season.

CaptainKickass
11-05-2013, 02:01 PM
I was curious as to timetable for return on a broken collarbone injury, specifically for the Packers as an organization since we know they tend to be ultra conservative with players and seem to hold them out longer than most other teams. So I just looked it up -

When Woodson broke his collarbone in October of 2011, the original estimated time out was six weeks. This is nearly double the current projected conjecture from the sports media of 3-4 weeks.

Woodson missed NINE WEEKS total.

Facts are facts Packer fans. If we don't get MUCH better at QB than we were last night, we won't even be in the playoffs.

hoosier
11-05-2013, 02:11 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131105/PKR0101/131105031/Murphy-says-Rodgers-will-undergo-CT-scan

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 22m
New at http://PackersNews.com Insider blog: #Packers president Mark Murphy says Rodgers to undergo CT scan today: http://pck.rs/1hgQ3cz

I am no Mr. Rand. But I believe this would point to a bone injury. If he dislocated it, it would be an MRI, right?

CT is needed if the damage is on the medial part of the clavicle or if there is suspicion of damage to the (sternoclavicular) joint. Not clear whether that necessarily means a darker prognosis, but if there is ligament damage and pain is a factor then recovery time would probably be longer.

I suspect that nobody really knows how bad it is, and that they have given him a range, something like "three weeks to season ending depending on what the scans show and how fast your body heals."

woodbuck27
11-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Steve 'Homer' True thinks, given Rodgers serious tone (also referred to "its a significant injury") that he is done for the season.

There is nothing that Aaron Rodgers said in the running comments... LINK provided in the post above - that indicates that he feels he's done for the season. He clearly states that the injury is significant and needs the time to heal. That in his past he's healed fast and when he's ready to play will want to do so ASAP. That as of now Seneca Wallace is the man behind center and that the team needs to get behind him.

It will be interesting with Aaron Rodgers loss, where Vegas establishes us on the points spread.

GO PACKERS !

Guiness
11-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Wow, this seems to be going from bad to worse.

Not much has been said here, but that tackle really did not look that rough. McClellin didn't throw him to the ground or pile on, and they were on the turf in Lambeau, not some carpeted cement floor in a dome. Tough to figure out how it happened.

LP
11-05-2013, 02:43 PM
McClellin didn't throw him to the ground or pile on

No, but he did make sure to get all he could out of his momentum and weight. Kind of a swan dive at the end. Havn't seen a replay, but thats what I remember seeing when it happened.

woodbuck27
11-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Wow, this seems to be going from bad to worse.

Not much has been said here, but that tackle really did not look that rough. McClellin didn't throw him to the ground or pile on, and they were on the turf in Lambeau, not some carpeted cement floor in a dome. Tough to figure out how it happened.

I was just looking at the replay of McClellan's sack on Aaron Rodgers Guiness. He gets spun clockwise and his left elbow and forearm makes contact with the turf first. Somehow the shock goes up into his left shoulder and clavicle. On tape it doesn't appear that serious but now we know the difference.

channtheman
11-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Tony Romo broke his collarbone in 2010 in the 6th game of the season on 10/25, and was placed on IR 8 games later on 12/21. Depends of course on the severity of the injury, but a bone has to heal and you can't risk a re-break because the bone wasn't healed all the way and you brought the player back.

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Welcome to a life we haven't known in 20 years.

hoosier
11-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Welcome to a life we haven't known in 20 years.

We came pretty close in 2005. Only difference was, it was the same guy who kept screwing up week in, week out.

red
11-05-2013, 05:00 PM
so, everyone is saying he's out for 3 weeks

well thats the minimum

this is the green bay packers medical staff we are talking about. its safe to say that that number could easily be doubled

at this point i would be happy if he can play the last game or two of the regular season to get back into game shape, and hopefully the rest of the team still has us in competition for the playoffs

red
11-05-2013, 05:02 PM
No, but he did make sure to get all he could out of his momentum and weight. Kind of a swan dive at the end. Havn't seen a replay, but thats what I remember seeing when it happened.

i saw absolutely nothing wrong with the tackle. a guy is not just gonna wrap a QB up and lay him down softly in a nice pile of rose petals

pbmax
11-05-2013, 05:10 PM
NOT SEASON ENDING!!

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m
Not season-ending for Rodgers: "I'm relieved," MM says. New information "everybody felt better" today. Doesn't have "hands around" timeline.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 19m
McCarthy-Aaron Rodgers has a fractured clavicle, we are in a week to week mindset.We’ll be preparing Seneca Wallace. #Packers

MadScientist
11-05-2013, 05:11 PM
I was just looking at the replay of McClellan's sack on Aaron Rodgers Guiness. He gets spun clockwise and his left elbow and forearm makes contact with the turf first. Somehow the shock goes up into his left shoulder and clavicle. On tape it doesn't appear that serious but now we know the difference.

More or less the same way it happened with Woodson in the SB. Landing wrong on an arm transfers the shock to the shoulder and then something gives.

Joemailman
11-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Does Tolzien have an NFL arm?

I'd say he has a typical NFL backup arm:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/1117814

Strengths: Experienced signal-caller who works under center and from the shotgun. Stands strong in the pocket to deliver passes despite knowing he will take a hit. Looks off safety to open up routes behind him. Owns mobility to be effective on bootlegs. Quick release, drops arm slot to sling out balls to the flat when necessary. High completion percentage between the hashes. Steps up into the pocket when pressure comes off the edge.

Weaknesses: Doesn't stretch field vertically or horizontally because of slightly below average arm strength. Not asked to throw to the wide side of the field often. Short follow-through on some passes with rush around him, loses accuracy. Benefitted from play-action in run-heavy offense. Does not drive the ball downfield. Loses spiral when trying to fit a ball in a tight space. Average height and three-quarter delivery results in tipped passes.

red
11-05-2013, 05:37 PM
NOT SEASON ENDING!!

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m
Not season-ending for Rodgers: "I'm relieved," MM says. New information "everybody felt better" today. Doesn't have "hands around" timeline.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 19m
McCarthy-Aaron Rodgers has a fractured clavicle, we are in a week to week mindset.We’ll be preparing Seneca Wallace. #Packers

so, translation from packer speak to english

he'll be placed on IR in a few weeks, he's also probably gonna lose the arm, or a foot because our training stuff doesn't know what a collarbone is or where the hell it is

channtheman
11-05-2013, 05:43 PM

he'll be placed on IR in a few weeks, he's also probably gonna lose the arm, or a foot because our training stuff doesn't know what a collarbone is or where the hell it is

I told my dad, if the Packers say it doesn't require surgery. Rodgers will be placed on IR in 5 weeks with a season ending surgery. If Perry or whoever it was can have a broken foot heal in a week and then oops never mind it didn't heal, than Rodgers can go from not season ending to oops season ending.

Guiness
11-05-2013, 06:26 PM

lol

amputate a foot because of a broken collar bone!

pbmax
11-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 1h
MM: Info not clear after game. Doctors feel better today than last night based on new information.

Suck it Ed Werder!

Of course, watch the Packers say week to week for 9 weeks.

LP
11-05-2013, 06:36 PM
i saw absolutely nothing wrong with the tackle. a guy is not just gonna wrap a QB up and lay him down softly in a nice pile of rose petals

I didn't see anything wrong with it either. Guy just made sure he got his moneys worth. And then some the way it turned out.

pbmax
11-05-2013, 06:38 PM
McCarthy entertained the notion that if Rodgers asked to play Saturday he would entertain it.

That would suggest the fracture is not in danger of getting progressively worse with normal wear and tear. It also suggests the discomfort might be based on something other than shoulder instability, like perhaps the location of the damage.

Packers might have gotten lucky.

Noodle
11-05-2013, 07:10 PM
I was on ski patrol for a number of years and saw a lot of collar bone breaks (skier falls forward, sticks out an arm to break fall, collar bone breaks). In every single case, the injured person would hold the arm on the broken side in a sling position. Every time. And the usual precaution was to splint the affected-side arm in a sling position.

After the hit, Rodgers ran off the field with his arms at his side and elbows bent in a regular jogging position. When he came back later, his left arm was free, no sling, and he seemed to have regular movement with it. So this has me mystified as to the seriousness of the break.

But as Red points out, I think loss of the foot is going to be a bigger concern going forward.

channtheman
11-05-2013, 08:52 PM
I love this website and the fact that I don't have to look any of this stuff up myself. Good to hear the injury might not be so bad. But as we all know, we never know with our medical staff.

MadtownPacker
11-05-2013, 08:58 PM
I was on ski patrol for a number of years and saw a lot of collar bone breaks (skier falls forward, sticks out an arm to break fall, collar bone breaks). In every single case, the injured person would hold the arm on the broken side in a sling position. Every time. And the usual precaution was to splint the affected-side arm in a sling position.

After the hit, Rodgers ran off the field with his arms at his side and elbows bent in a regular jogging position. When he came back later, his left arm was free, no sling, and he seemed to have regular movement with it. So this has me mystified as to the seriousness of the break.

But as Red points out, I think loss of the foot is going to be a bigger concern going forward.
That's interesting insight for sure. You might not be a doctor but I bet you could play one on TV.

Noodle
11-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Well, I do sleep at a Holiday Inn.

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 09:58 PM
McCarthy entertained the notion that if Rodgers asked to play Saturday he would entertain it.

That would suggest the fracture is not in danger of getting progressively worse with normal wear and tear. It also suggests the discomfort might be based on something other than shoulder instability, like perhaps the location of the damage.

Packers might have gotten lucky.

Rodgers made it sound like it was going to be more of a pain management issue -- he'd play once it heals enough that the pain is tolerable.

Jimx29
11-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Tolzien is called up

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/397831579692580864

gbgary
11-05-2013, 10:57 PM
told you he was injury prone.

pbmax
11-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Tolzien is called up

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/397831579692580864

That may yet happen but its not crossed the League wires and made it to the Packer web page. The team didn't announce it last I checked and McCarthy talked as though they have one spot left to fill on the roster and don't know which QB will take it as this week's number 2.

packrulz
11-06-2013, 04:58 AM
After a week of practice I assume Wallace will be a lot better. What concerns me is the play of the defense, the D-backs need to make contact at the line of scrimmage, they were playing 8 yards off! Short, safe passes, pound the ball with both backs, and swarm-tackle on defense.

QBME
11-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Rodgers said live on radio that his collarbone is fractured but does not have a timetable or prognosis yet.

--At first tried to throw with Wallace to go back out
--McKenzie told him after that he had to go inside for an exam
--While inside, heard McKenzie sending back word to team he was out
--Then took snaps from GVR and threw to Cobb in locker room. Wasn't working.
--By halftime, knew he wasn't going to be able to play

Rodgers getting choked up about reception he got from fans when he came back onto the field (called it a Top 5 moment).

Doesn't sound like he expects to play this week but is unsure what the prognosis will be.

Here's the silver lining - Cobb evidently is coming around nicely, catching passes....in the locker room...

pbmax
11-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m
#Packers are putting Aaron Rodgers timeline for recovery from broken clavicle at 4-6 weeks, but believe it’ll be closer to 4, per sources.

Guiness
11-06-2013, 10:54 AM
#Packers are putting Aaron Rodgers timeline for recovery from broken clavicle at 4-6 weeks, but believe it’ll be closer to 4, per sources.

4 weeks. This means they'll announce a set-back 3 weeks from now, and IR him in 6 :(

Yup, that loss of a foot is really going to hamper him. Best we can realistically hope for is it's only 2 or 3 toes.

woodbuck27
11-06-2013, 11:09 AM
This medical crew is absolutely clueless. More inept than Slocum coaching ST and our defense on the last drive.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic/article-1/Everybody-wants-to-know-Will-Matt-Flynn-save-us/1e6a3424-0240-420a-bd0d-e60109de675e

From the ASK VIC ( Ketchman) Chat and posted 1 hour ago at 12:05 PM ET Wed. 06 Nov. 2013

Question: Chris from Marshall, WI

I was at the game on Monday night and have a question regarding injury news. For the fans in the stadium, there was no news regarding injuries and I was wondering why?

Vic's response:

Chris, I’m with you. It’s that way in every stadium in the league because teams don’t want to provide injury information to their opponents. I get that, but what about the paying customer? What about the fans who’ve reached into their back pocket, are sitting in the rain and the cold and are being deprived of information the non-paying customer is getting at home for free from one of the sideline reporters or NFL insiders who’s reporting information it got from the ubiquitous “league source”? Hey, who is this league source and why is he seemingly available only to league media partners? Injuries have become the story of the year. They really have. You can’t tell the story of the NFL without talking about injuries. They have become so important to the story of the NFL that we can no longer withhold information about those injuries without depriving the fans, especially the ticket-buying fans, of information they deserve to know. In my opinion, this is an issue the league needs to address. Improving the game-day experience begins with making sure the fan in the stands gets the same information the fan at home is getting.

GO PACK GO !

Patler
11-06-2013, 11:19 AM
4 weeks. This means they'll announce a set-back 3 weeks from now, and IR him in 6 :(

Ya, at this point I am hoping he will be ready for training camp. I suspect they will be "smart" and keep him on the sidelines during OTAs.

woodbuck27
11-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Ya, at this point I am hoping he will be ready for training camp. I suspect they will be "smart" and keep him on the sidelines during OTAs.

Guiness and Patler a l'il heads up >>>

It will all be OK ! All of that loss wasn't on the Aaron Rodgers injury.

Much of that loss to the Bears has to fall on the play of the Packers 'D'. The secondary looked really bad a lot of the time. The Bears 'monsters of the midway' receivers grossly outclassed our 'midget' defensive backs.

As the game went deep into the 4th quarter the defensive line, inspite of many substitutions looked exhausted trying to defend against the run.

Now add in the loss of T.J. Lang and the truth becomes clearer.

Granted a lot of this might have been due to a general sense of panic or letdown with Aaron Rodgers out of the game. No less the team has to learn to step it up overall to avoid anything close to a collapse. Somehow MM has to believe strongly in our much improved running game.

I truly believe that Aaron Rodgers wishes strongly that he could play Vs the Eagles this week. He'll be back ASAP.

GO PACK GO !

Fritz
11-06-2013, 12:30 PM

I'm so confused. I thought a clavicle was a musical instrument.

red
11-06-2013, 01:38 PM
yesterday it was 3 weeks, today it is 4-6

broken bones usually take 6 weeks, and there is no "oh its feeling good, i'm ready to come back" if he comes back and the thing isn't completely healed and he lands on it again or takes a shot to it, then we're right back to square one and you can kiss the playoffs goodbye

like a-rod said himself, there is no way to speed up the healing process for a broken bone, you just have to sit there and wait for it to heal

he just has to sit and wait until its fully healed.

my father broke his collarbone when he was younger, it was six weeks before the bone started to solidify again

my guess is still closer to 6 weeks

my breaks are working on week 13 and they are still very much broken and apart

Fritz
11-06-2013, 01:41 PM
yesterday it was 3 weeks, today it is 4-6

broken bones usually take 6 weeks, and there is no "oh its feeling good, i'm ready to come back" if he comes back and the thing isn't completely healed and he lands on it again or takes a shot to it, then we're right back to square one and you can kiss the playoffs goodbye

like a-rod said himself, there is no way to speed up the healing process for a broken bone, you just have to sit there and wait for it to heal

he just has to sit and wait until its fully healed.

my father broke his collarbone when he was younger, it was six weeks before the bone started to solidify again

my guess is still closer to 6 weeks

If the defense and running game can hold down the fort (uh, and if this team would quit suffering this ridiculous number of injuries), I'd be okay with Rodgers coming back for the last couple regular season games, to knock some of the rust off.

Then go into the playoffs and let it roll.

Guiness
11-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Bah! A little Skele-Grow (tm) and he should be right as rain by morning

red
11-06-2013, 02:05 PM

nerd

now i should make it clear, i'm no nerd. i had to look up Skele-grow to see if it was real because i was interested in buying some. i found this

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Skele-Gro

http://intentblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/3176173-1748009911-hp.jp_.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a_sx3ozoXI

woodbuck27
11-06-2013, 02:16 PM
If the defense and running game can hold down the fort (uh, and if this team would quit suffering this ridiculous number of injuries), I'd be okay with Rodgers coming back for the last couple regular season games, to knock some of the rust off.

Then go into the playoffs and let it roll.

Here is our remaining regular season schedule and it's clearly now one game at a time. The team has to gut it out.

10 Nov 10 12:00PMCST ) Eagles GAME At (H) to the 19th ranked team with a 4-5 record. Now game one and huge to our ultimate playoff hopes.

11 Nov 17 3:25PMCST ) AT Giants ... Away to the 27th ranked team and a 2-6 record.

12 Nov 24 12:00PMCST ) Vikings ... Home game with the 30th ranked team and a 1-7 record

13 Nov 28 11:30AMCST ) AT Lions .... The early Thanksgiving Day game. 9th ranked team and a 5-3 record.

14 Dec 8 7:30PMCST ' Falcons ... 29th ranked and a 2-6 record

15 Dec 15 3:25PMCST ) AT Cowboys ... The 14th ranked team with a 5-4 record.

16 Dec 22 3:25PMCST * Steelers... Home to the 28th ranked team with a 2-6 record.

17 Dec 29 12:00PMCST ) AT Bears... Currently tied with us as the 10th ranked team with a 5-3 record.

As of this time the Giants (away), and home to the Vikings, Falcons and Steelers have a total combined 7W - 25L record and ranked 27th thru 30th. It is one game at a time and not inconceivable that over the next four games we can manage a 2W - 2L record to put us at 7 W - 5 L.

Wins over Atlanta and Pittsburg at Lambeau Field place us at nine wins and on the bubble for a playoff spot.

Getting Aaron Rodgers back after three - four games is a bonus.

GO PACKERS !

LP
11-06-2013, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=red;750211] i had to look up Skele-grow to see if it was real because i was interested in buying some.

Duct tape Red. When properly used it can fix anything!

Guiness
11-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Shea McClellin with a hamstring injury

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/08/shea-mcclellin-doubtful-with-hamstring-injury/

I knew there had to be a hamstring involved in there somewhere!

Upnorth
11-08-2013, 03:17 PM
nerd

now i should make it clear, i'm a nerd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a_sx3ozoXI

So my take away from the injury thread is Red is a nerd. Learn something new eveyday! Now that I look closer I think the glasses of your avatar are taped together!

woodbuck27
11-13-2013, 06:20 AM
well, this is the a-rod injury watch thread

post here if anyone hears anything

what we no for sure is that its a left shoulder injury (probably a pulled hamstring)

packerrats has heard whispers out of green bay that it could be an AC separation, which might mean a-rod misses multiple weeks

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9968295/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-improving-injured-collarbone

Aaron Rodgers showing improvement

AP Updated: November 13, 2013, 12:07 AM ET

" The ultimate goal is to get back to the 2011 NFL MVP. Rodgers on Tuesday pointed to "small victories" in his recovery, like sleeping through an entire night, and putting socks on without being in extreme pain.

"I haven't given up hope on playing any week. It depends on how I heal," Rodgers said on his radio show. "Obviously this week is probably not going to happen. Not going to happen."

Pressed again, Rodgers said "probably not going to happen."

McCarthy said Monday he thought Rodgers might be a couple weeks away, though he didn't have a specific date."

Comment woodbuck27:

Somehow ........... that seems encouraging.

GO PACK GO !

denverYooper
11-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Lions game.

Tony Oday
11-13-2013, 10:18 AM
No Lions game with this o line...no no no. Scott Tolzien can shred that secondary it's just our defense that has to step up.

red
11-13-2013, 07:07 PM
yes, the Lions game is huge for us

but if he takes one shot to the chest region or goes down on his left arm, then he's done for the season and any playoffs we might qualify for

there is absolutely one fucking way that a broken collarbone is healed in 3 weeks. i don't care if he feels good or if he's superman, if its not 100% healed and he goes down on it, its season over

woodbuck27
11-14-2013, 12:06 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24227946/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-would-play-this-week-if-he-could

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers would play this week if he could

By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer ... November 13, 2013 12:55 pm ET

" When Aaron Rodgers fractured his collarbone in Week 9, it was thought the injury could keep him out about three weeks.

If Rodgers had his way, though, he'd return in Week 11. But if it's not possible to get cleared to do so -- and Rodgers assumes it isn't -- he has another possible date in mind for his return to the Packers squad. That would be Week 12 vs. the Vikings -- 20 days after his injury -- though realistically, he might not actually be ready until the Nov. 24 Thanksgiving game.

“I haven't given up hope on playing any week. It depends on how I heal and depends on what the next x-ray looks like,” Rodgers said on his weekly radio show on ESPN 540 and ESPNWisconsin.com. “Obviously, this week is probably not going to happen -- not going to happen. "

PACKERS !

KYPack
11-14-2013, 09:16 AM

That thing gonna heal up for ya, Red?

MadScientist
11-14-2013, 09:27 AM

nerd

now i should make it clear, i'm no nerd. i had to look up Skele-grow to see if it was real because i was interested in buying some.

Actually they are getting closer to something like Skele-grow:
http://www.gizmag.com/bone-growth-bio-patch/29756/
Perhaps in a few years bone breaks won't be a big deal. But the Packers will still be losing half the team to hamstring injuries.

denverYooper
11-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Actually they are getting closer to something like Skele-grow:
http://www.gizmag.com/bone-growth-bio-patch/29756/
Perhaps in a few years bone breaks won't be a big deal. But the Packers will still be losing half the team to hamstring injuries.

Quick! Someone get to work on Hammy-Gen (tm).

red
11-14-2013, 05:49 PM
That thing gonna heal up for ya, Red?

its getting there, slowly, but it's getting there

i am walking, so thats a plus i guess

bobblehead
11-15-2013, 12:05 AM
there is absolutely one fucking way that a broken collarbone is healed in 3 weeks. i don't care if he feels good or if he's superman, if its not 100% healed and he goes down on it, its season over

So what is the one way? And more importantly have you called ARod and told HIM what it is?

Guiness
11-15-2013, 01:20 AM
So what is the one way? And more importantly have you called ARod and told HIM what it is?

:shtf:

that's the closest smiley I could find to a shit disturber, because you are going to set red off!

woodbuck27
11-15-2013, 05:50 AM
:shtf:

that's the closest smiley I could find to a shit disturber, because you are going to set red off!

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww318/cervin844/bth_baby.gif

QBME
11-15-2013, 06:46 AM

There are two ways a broken collar bone can heal in three weeks:

1. No way.

2. No fucking way.

woodbuck27
11-15-2013, 06:55 AM

1. No way.

2. No fucking way.

A song by the band SLADE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_You_Believe_in_Miracles

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0c/Sladesingle-doyoubelieveinmiracles.jpg

"Do You Believe In Miracles" Lyrics:

"It was in the winter of '79 when the band was at a low
Then we met yer man that they called The Mouth at a party there on show
He said "Why'd you carry on this way, I could never go to dat"
But he had to learn he was just the same - One step forward two steps back
Can you hear me now
Oh do you believe in miracles - Just as only dreamers can
Anything can work with a miracle
Like a bloody minded man - Like a bloody minded man
It was in the autumn of '84 going live through '85
When he made the greatest show on earth to help a country to survive
Can you hear me now, hear me now
Oh do you believe in miracles - Just as only dreamers can
So your man determined, he found a course
When the powers just couldn't cope
Or did you ever think that old rock and roll
Could give the world some kind of hope
Can you hear me now, hear me now
Oh do you believe in miracles just as only dreamers can
Oh do you believe in miracles when the dream has just begun
Anything can work with a miracle, just like Irelands favourite son
And the dream has just begun
Do you believe in miracles "- Repeat to fade

QBME
11-15-2013, 07:01 AM
[QUOTE=woodbuck27;752184]

"Do You Believe In Miracles"

Nope.

Pugger
11-15-2013, 07:37 AM

1. No way.

2. No fucking way.

But if it is a hairline crack in his non-throwing shoulder 4 weeks isn't out of the question.

QBME
11-15-2013, 07:42 AM
But if it is a hairline crack in his non-throwing shoulder 4 weeks isn't out of the question.

Yup, at least that's my hope...fingers crossed.

Pugger
11-15-2013, 07:56 AM
Yup, at least that's my hope...fingers crossed.

I wish we had a praying emoticon! :lol:

red
11-15-2013, 07:59 AM

NO way

i can't fucking type on think anymore

Joemailman
11-15-2013, 08:01 AM
I wish we had a praying emoticon! :lol:

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angelic001.gif

pbmax
11-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Need some measure (other than actual game footage) of what the Packers are missing?

How about this:

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar
#NFL Win Probability Added per game since 2008 (playoffs included): I see a gap. @Adv_NFL_Stats pic.twitter.com/usyR9nCjhe

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHCrflDCcAA701t.jpg

WPA (Win Probability Added) explained here: http://www.advancednflstats.com/2010/01/win-probability-added-wpa-explained.html

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 06:26 AM
Need some measure (other than actual game footage) of what the Packers are missing?

How about this:

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar
#NFL Win Probability Added per game since 2008 (playoffs included): I see a gap. @Adv_NFL_Stats pic.twitter.com/usyR9nCjhe

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHCrflDCcAA701t.jpg

WPA (Win Probability Added) explained here: http://www.advancednflstats.com/2010/01/win-probability-added-wpa-explained.html

The gap between Manning and Brady is 11.51 %.

Taking the mean for the top four QB WPA or 265 and comparing that to Ben Rothlesberger's WPA of 0.157 the difference is a whopping 40.76 %.

The mean for the top four QB WPA compared to Joe Flacco's WPA of 0.121 shows a 54.34 % disparity.

How does this apply to Scott Tolzien Vs Christian Ponder this week and Minny @ Green Bay?

ThunderDan
11-22-2013, 08:00 AM
How does this apply to Scott Tolzien Vs Christian Ponder this week and Minny @ Green Bay?

It means it doesn't matter who the Vikings QB is this Sunday but it matters a hell of a lot that ARod isn't for the Pack.

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 08:19 AM
It means it doesn't matter who the Vikings QB is this Sunday but it matters a hell of a lot that ARod isn't for the Pack.

Ohh for sure in that comparison of AR >>> any Vikings QB; but are Tolzien Vs Ponder summed up as 'the same' Re: WPA?

Your response 'in fact' suggests that might be the case.

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 08:42 PM
http://nflspinzone.com/2013/11/22/aaron-rodgers-practicing-fully-expected-injury-outlook/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending%20on%20FS

Aaron Rodgers not practicing, fully expected to be out, more on injury outlook

By Joe Soriano - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 1:02 pm

" According to ESPN NFL Nation’s Rob Demovsky, Aaron Rodgers was unsurprisingly not at practice today, which means that he is fully expected to be ruled out this week. His status for next week’s Thanksgiving game on a short week against the rival Detroit Lions looks unlikely. It’s a crucial game for the Packers to win, but it isn’t worth pushing their best player hard for. That may seem weird to say, but collarbone injuries are significant and even thinking about risking an elite QB’s health is never a good idea.

If Rodgers is to play on Thursday next week, he will need to practice on Tuesday to start the week. Quarterbacks absolutely have to have ample practice time in order to play, so that’s something to keep in mind. Because of that, I don’t expect Rodgers to play until December (the Packers first game next month is against the Atlanta Falcons on the 8th), but......

I also think that if Tolzien implodes against a horrific Vikings secondary, the Packers might be more inclined to “push” Rodgers."

Comment woodbuck27:

RE: this part from above...what do you think?

" I also think that if Tolzien implodes against a horrific Vikings secondary, the Packers might be more inclined to “push” Rodgers. "

I personally don't believe that the Packers in any sense manner or form will push Aaron Rodgers to get back on the field before he's rightly medically cleared.

PACKERS !

channtheman
12-01-2013, 11:58 AM
So, what is the status on Rodgers injury. Did his collarbone heal in record time and he'll be back for Atlanta? Or another week yet? If Rodgers doesn't play against an awful Falcons team, can our awful Packers team beat them?

woodbuck27
12-01-2013, 12:06 PM
So, what is the status on Rodgers injury. Did his collarbone heal in record time and he'll be back for Atlanta? Or another week yet? If Rodgers doesn't play against an awful Falcons team, can our awful Packers team beat them?

He's going before the medical examination team this week as I understand it.

This out today:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24310148/report-packers-might-sit-down-aaron-rodgers-for-rest-of-season

Report: Packers might sit down Aaron Rodgers for rest of season

By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer

December 1, 2013 10:22 am ET

GO PACKERS !

Joemailman
12-01-2013, 12:11 PM

They would probably have a decent chance to beat Atlanta without Rodgers, assuming they respond with some pride following the humiliation at Detroit. However, they would have no chance of winning without Rodgers at Dallas the following week, so maybe that is the goal.

By the way, for those without access to Packer tickets, now is the time if you want to see the Packers. Tickets can be bought at face value for the Atlanta game from brokers. Perhaps they would go up if there is an announcement that Rodgers will play. If he doesn't they may go down even more. The predicted high temperature for Green Bay next Sunday is 15.

red
12-01-2013, 12:19 PM
I think we're gonna see a rare sight in green bay

Lambeau with lots of empty seats

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 11:50 AM
It's now Tues. 03 Dec. 2013:

29 days since Aaron Rodgers injury to his collarbone (clavicle).

We will likely learn more on his return or not today ... MM's Press Conference.

This coming Sunday or Dec. 8, 2013 makes it 34 days since that injury.

red
12-03-2013, 11:54 AM
For an injury that takes most human beings at least 42 days to heal

Guiness
12-03-2013, 12:18 PM
For an injury that takes most human beings at least 42 days to heal

lol, like a dog with a bone, eh red?

Who knows, maybe he's been staying at Hawk's in his hyperbaric chamber?

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 01:18 PM
lol, like a dog with a bone, eh red?

Who knows, maybe he's been staying at Hawk's in his hyperbaric chamber?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000292072/article/aaron-rodgers-to-have-more-tests-on-collarbone-injury

If that satisfied you...you might not want to read this: 8-)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1837559-aaron-rodgers-injury-updates-on-packers-shoulder-likely-return-date?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Update and in Review.

woodbuck27
12-03-2013, 11:32 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/234308621.html

Aaron Rodgers says scan result wasn't 'the greatest news'

By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel

PACKERS !

Updated: Tuesday Dec. 3, 2013 5:34 p.m

channtheman
12-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Well???? Any news this week on Rodgers game day status?

Sunday will put Rodgers at 41 days since his injury, which is a day shy of the usual 6 week recovery time for a broken collar bone. Will he play?

QBME
12-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Well???? Any news this week on Rodgers game day status?

Sunday will put Rodgers at 41 days since his injury, which is a day shy of the usual 6 week recovery time for a broken collar bone. Will he play?
He is practicing tomorrow, and will be "evaluated" on Wednesday. I'm assuming that means another scan.

pbmax
12-09-2013, 04:05 PM
He is practicing tomorrow, and will be "evaluated" on Wednesday. I'm assuming that means another scan.

Yes. M3 said there would be new tests this week.

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 04:34 PM

https://www.valuevalet.ca/images/upc/314567.JPG

and maybe?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/Mzc0WDMwMA==/$(KGrHqUOKisE5fIiSTz9BOmIJpychg~~60_1.JPG?set_id=8 800005007

XXX Forget this XXX:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-q0fOFxEibXMfTGpEM_V8I_4g7BkILb22wRSzCmQoqseaHgI1

Ushers in a speedy recovery.

woodbuck27
12-09-2013, 05:49 PM

Wednesday Dec. 11 2013...for more medical tests.

http://www.chatsports.com/green-bay-packers/a/Aaron-Rodgers-Injury-Update-Packers-QB-Will-Work-Out-Tuesday-Get-Eval-Wednesday-2-8955147

QBME
12-10-2013, 01:50 PM
I try to be an optimist, but the following doesn't sound good:

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 6m
Rodgers on being shut down rest of the year: "I don't want to look that far in the future. We're dealing with hypotheticals."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m
Rodgers wouldn't say how much influence he has on the decision whether he is cleared.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m
Rodgers: "You don't see people coming back in four or five weeks from this injury. It was tough not to be out there."

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 9m
Rodgers: "It's frustrating, very frustrating. I was trying to push it before science tells you before it's possible."

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 9m
Rodgers: "Doing quick movements or giving a handoff with left hand, those are things that gave me some discomfort. That was a clue."

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 10m
Rodgers: "The scan last week did not show healing. We would need different results this week in order to play this week."

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11m
Chances of playing at Dallas: "I'm going to practice tomorrow and try to do things I couldn't do last week without pain. Lot of variables."

Rodgers: "I shouldn't be having pain doing simple movements."

Rodgers: Shouldn't be having pain doing simple movements. Didn't get better as week went on. Tried a lot on Wednesday, didn't feel good.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m
Rodgers: Last week - "Went out there Wednesday and had pain."

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 13m
Rodgers said he doesn't know if he needs to have a scan in order to play.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 13m
Rodgers: No scan yesterday or today.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 14m
#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers says on @ESPNMilwaukee: "I didn't do anything. Just worked out in the weight room with weight coaches."
Expand

Fritz
12-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Wow. I thought for sure he'd be back against Pittsburgh, but now I'm wondering if he'll be back at all.

smuggler
12-10-2013, 02:14 PM
It sounds like he's out for the year. :(

KYPack
12-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Yeah, me too.

Are Cobb and ARod gonna come back with all the rust and take us to the SB?

IR 'em both and add some troops that may help us.

I don't know who, but it sure doesn't seem like either man can do enough this season to be effective.

Guiness
12-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Not a lot to like in what you posted QBME.

Tony Oday
12-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Smoke screen so they prepare for Flynn and not the MVP

Patler
12-10-2013, 03:06 PM
I hate statements like this:

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 10m
Rodgers: "The scan last week did not show healing. We would need different results this week in order to play this week."

Does he mean it didn't show any healing?
Or does he mean it didn't show sufficient healing?
Wouldn't seem to make sense that it didn't show any healing.

Guiness
12-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Smoke screen so they prepare for Flynn and not the MVP

That is some solid Kool-Aid you are drinking, sir!

http://n.b5z.net/i/u/68100167/i/0339koolaid.jpg

woodbuck27
12-10-2013, 03:59 PM
There's too much honesty in Rodgers statements to ring anything remotely likely as 'covert behaviour'.

We don't get him back this week... QBME's Post Twitter reports.

** It's the things he says about simple movements and in practise last Wed. and the pain he's feeling.

** The scan last week or last Wed. not showing healing.

I'll be surprized if he returns to action this season.

pbmax
12-10-2013, 06:30 PM

I think he said something like "not enough" healing. I was listening and did not get the exact quote, but the context was not far enough along.

More perplexing is the role his pain plays in it. The way he phrased it, its almost an either or situation, but I doubt that.

channtheman
12-10-2013, 07:02 PM

I agree, it would be odd to not have ANY healing after 5 weeks. The way they are talking about it, its as if Rodgers won't be back at all, which makes no sense that this injury should sideline him for 8+ weeks.

BTW, what is with Packer player injuries taking weeks longer to heal than the same injury on a guy on any other NFL team? What is actually going on with our medical crew?

Rutnstrut
12-11-2013, 12:16 AM
I agree, it would be odd to not have ANY healing after 5 weeks. The way they are talking about it, its as if Rodgers won't be back at all, which makes no sense that this injury should sideline him for 8+ weeks.

BTW, what is with Packer player injuries taking weeks longer to heal than the same injury on a guy on any other NFL team? What is actually going on with our medical crew?

Could it be that the players are hurt more seriously than what we are ever told? It either has to be that, or the Packer docs and trainers absolutely suck.

channtheman
12-11-2013, 06:05 AM
Could it be that the players are hurt more seriously than what we are ever told? It either has to be that, or the Packer docs and trainers absolutely suck.

I'm guessing that must be it. I might be wrong, but I feel like we were led to believe this collar bone fracture was a "minor" fracture and not as serious as typical collar bone fractures.

I just don't understand why they lie? Or maybe its a combo of the two. The docs and trainers suck so much they think its not serious, and then they find out 4 weeks into the injury that it is serious.

hoosier
12-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Or could it be that the healing process varies from person to person, and that any projection ("4-6 weeks") is based on an averaging of previous patients, none of whom were named Aaron Rodgers?

run pMc
12-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Rodgers meant there wasn't as much healing and they'd like.

Sorry to be a downer, but I'm not optimistic about their chances in Dallas (or making the playoffs). Just a hunch.

Wouldn't be surprised if they just IR Rodgers if not enough healing done by next Wed. If he misses the DAL and PIT games, would M3 bring him back for last game against CHI? The idea of getting swept by Trestman and the Bears makes me nauseous.

Pugger
12-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Let's wait until Aaron has his examination later today before we declare him out for the Dallas game gentlemen.

QBME
12-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Let's wait until Aaron has his examination later today before we declare him out for the Dallas game gentlemen.

It wouldn't surprise me if they play it the same as last week - Flynn is getting the starter reps, but AR isn't ruled out just yet. They'll keep Dallas (and Vegas) guessing the better part of the week.

pbmax
12-11-2013, 09:16 AM
The problem with Packer injuries compared to other teams are twofold:

1. They do not give specific info and fans tend to start the countdown on the most optimistic, uninformed prognosis (remember Rodgers was going to out 3 weeks according to Rapapport).

2. Players everywhere have every reason to play up the conservative side of the recovery and then look like a "fast healer" when they beat the estimate. Packers players don't release a lot of info (it took a year after a failed PUP comeback to find out what happened to Sherrod).

I am actually surprised this has not become an issue before, because normally players are hyper-sensitive to public perception of their toughness.

gbgary
12-11-2013, 10:54 AM
TOAST...the season that is. with rodgers' statements yesterday that pretty much seals it.

pbmax
12-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Ed Werder has a report that internally, Packers are pessimistic about Rodgers this week.

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 4h
Packers pessimistic about Aaron Rodgers being cleared for Dallas. Scheduled for practice today but source says playing inside 8 weeks risky

So raise one in tribute to red, who called this weeks ago. The game Sunday at Dallas is six weeks, eight weeks is @ Chicago.

denverYooper
12-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Sources say that Rodgers didn't listen to enough Marvin Gaye during his recovery.

QBME
12-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Sources say that Rodgers didn't listen to enough Marvin Gaye during his recovery.

Different kind of healing.....

hoosier
12-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Odds of winning at Dallas with Matt Flynn: 13%

Odds of beating Pittsburgh with Matt Flynn: 50%

Odds of getting to Chicago and Aaron Rodgers's return at 8-6-1: 6.5%

QBME
12-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 22m
Per Tyler Dunne on twitter....the watch continues....

More MM on Rodgers ... Until he's medically cleared, that's where our focus will be. ...My interest is to see where he is tomorrow.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 23m
McCarthy on Rodgers: We'll see how he is tomorrow. Still not medically cleared. Obv. very important to org. Face of franchise. ...
Expand

denverYooper
12-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Sources say that Aaron Rodgers is the face of the Green Bay Packers.

bobblehead
12-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Ed Werder has a report that internally, Packers are pessimistic about Rodgers this week.

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 4h
Packers pessimistic about Aaron Rodgers being cleared for Dallas. Scheduled for practice today but source says playing inside 8 weeks risky

So raise one in tribute to red, who called this weeks ago. The game Sunday at Dallas is six weeks, eight weeks is @ Chicago.

Yep, Doctor Red nailed it. We were all wishful thinking.

bobblehead
12-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Sources say that Aaron Rodgers is the face of the Green Bay Packers.

We'll see. He is merely trade bait after Flynn wins the superbowl.

Tony Oday
12-11-2013, 02:15 PM
We will crush Dallas.

Guiness
12-11-2013, 02:19 PM
We will crush Dallas.

I think it will be a closer game than it appears at first.

The Cowboys did not show up for the game in Chicago (They weren't happy that they didn't get upgraded for the flight over so stayed home). It will be a different team the Pack sees this Sunday, don't expect them to roll over the way they did for the Bears.

Cleft Crusty
12-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Clefty reports from inside sources - sources deep inside the Packer organization - that Rodgers will play at Dallas on Sunday. Or, he might not.

woodbuck27
12-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Odds of winning at Dallas with Matt Flynn: 13%

Odds of beating Pittsburgh with Matt Flynn: 50%

Odds of getting to Chicago and Aaron Rodgers's return at 8-6-1: 6.5%

Anybody keen to take that $action$?

woodbuck27
12-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Clefty reports from inside sources - sources deep inside the Packer organization - that Rodgers will play at Dallas on Sunday. Or, he might not.

Did that source have a broom or a mop in his hands? If so he's **as good a prognosticator as anyone else on the planet RE: Was Aaron Rodgers starting Sunday in Dallas.

Well.... except for TT and MM and ' the real face ' now of the Green Bay Packers; Packers team doctor Dr. Patrick McKenzie.

http://nesn.com/2013/12/aaron-rodgers-ruled-out-for-packers-game-sunday-at-dallas-matt-flynn-to-start/

esoxx
12-15-2013, 01:02 AM
It's an outrage he's not on the field tomorrow. Just ask him.

woodbuck27
12-15-2013, 07:48 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/0ap2000000297721/Doctors-bench-Rodgers

Doctors bench Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers

Published: Dec. 13, 2013 at 06:44 p.m.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/0ap2000000297633/McCarthy-fires-back-at-Rodgers-question

Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy fires back at Rodgers question:

Published: Dec. 13, 2013 at 02:21 p.m. | 11,716 Views

01:09 – Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy quickly disavows a reporter's attempt to suggest a possible controversy between team doctors (Dr. Patrick McKenzie) and McCarthy.

01:21 – Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy fought hard to persuade the Packers medical staff to clear quarterback Aaron Rodgers to play Sunday, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports.

GO PACK GO !

hoosier
12-16-2013, 09:15 AM
Pick your starter for week 16 before Wednesday. My intuition says Matt Flynn, and probably for the next two weeks. Something tells me the Packers have no intention of letting ARod see the field again this season.

QBME
12-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Pick your starter for week 16 before Wednesday. My intuition says Matt Flynn, and probably for the next two weeks. Something tells me the Packers have no intention of letting ARod see the field again this season.

Even if Detroit loses tonight?

denverYooper
12-16-2013, 09:38 AM

Word.

pbmax
12-16-2013, 09:45 AM
I would announce Rodgers today if I thought it would mess the Lions up in their already confused head.

Or would saying he's in agony make the Loins relax?

woodbuck27
12-16-2013, 09:52 AM

Maybe seeing MM act defensive before the team departed Green Bay for Texas. Maybe Mike McCarthy's behaviour might indicate that something stinks in the state of Denmark.

I'm waiting a full day after that incredible comeback in Dallas; for Packerrats to have ample time. Time to savor that awesome comeback yesterday before I post anything more specific about that. I'm really suspicious that MM acts so covertly for more reason than simply withholding from the enemy.

I ask myself this sort of question:

What is all this emphasis that Mike McCarthy places on ..."

" Well it's a week to week thing. I just can't tell you where (anything... or fill in the blank) really stands. "

That to me is a whole lot of 'NO Speak'. He's a HC not a 'foxey' politician. He's the HC of a team that has millions of dedicated fans.

Packer fans at least deserve his honesty...and in whatever terms that honesty has to come.

We were there before MM and we'll be here after he's gone.

PACKERS !

Cleft Crusty
12-16-2013, 10:07 AM
I would announce Rodgers today if I thought it would mess the Lions up in their already confused head.

Or would saying he's in agony make the Loins relax?

A good PR department would leak both stories. Packers need to re-hire Ari Fleischer for the next few days. Rodgers is clearly a weapon of mass destruction.

hoosier
12-16-2013, 10:33 AM

Yeah, even if. I suspect they've decided that complete healing of the fracture will take at least 2 months from the time of injury, and that they're not going to put him at risk during the 1-2 month window. If that is the case then the divisional standings have absolutely nothing to do with his return time.

woodbuck27
12-18-2013, 08:09 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131217/PKR0101/131217031/Rodgers-hoping-Packers-clear-him-play-week

Rodgers hoping Packers clear him to play this week

Dec. 17, 2013

Comment woodbuck27:

Here's my interpretation of this story:

Aaron Rodgers is hopeful that his broken collarbone has healed enough to get him cleared to play Vs the Pittsburgh Steelers this week. He gave no stronger indication than that about his status for this upcoming game.

On his weekly radio show on ESPN Milwaukee Aaron Rodgers suggested that the risk-reward part of the equation tilts more toward playing now that the Packers can qualify for the playoffs by winning their final two games.

He said that the decision is “organizational”. That those responsible for any decision and his injury status will do what is in his best interest.

Please read the story by clicking on the LINK for your information and interpretation.

What do you feel ... think? Maybe? ... keep that to yourself.

GO PACKERS !...... GO PACK GO !

QBME
12-18-2013, 08:20 AM
I think/hope that if all goes well, this thread dies today.

woodbuck27
12-18-2013, 08:24 AM
We need this guy to win:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmc1LNVzRmcmD6ze5XjTuk3cYTMDI6V 3_42Sh4QaE7jz4NCYJl

This is the QB we need to win.....

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpNXr4_paJ2tzsDxEOBplI8Y1mjhvqm 4K6p_No6j76WDgcndqo

Not this guy:

http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=U0&Date=20131217&Category=PKR0101&ArtNo=131217031&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Rodgers-hoping-Packers-clear-him-play-week

Comment woodbuck27:

On this occasion of my 18 K post as a Packerrat......I'm so pleased to express that I truly feel this way.

GO PACKERS ! ... GO Aaron GO !! ... GO PACK GO !!!

woodbuck27
12-18-2013, 08:29 AM
I think/hope that if all goes well, this thread dies today.

I'm merely hopeful QBME.

I have a load of hope inside of me.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-20-2013, 08:23 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rodgers-medical-organizational-decision-pack-220053042--nfl.html

Rodgers: Medical, organizational decision for Pack

By GENARO C. ARMAS (AP Sports Writer) ... ** 15 hours ago

AP - Sports

PACKERS !

** It's now Friday Dec. 20, 2013 9:25 AM EST

Teamcheez1
12-20-2013, 08:36 AM
The Falcons and Cowboys defenses were ranked 29th and 32nd in the league.

The Steelers defense is ranked 11th.

I realize that this probably has nothing to do with whether Rodgers starts or not, but it's worth noting that things will not come as easy for Flynn this week.

woodbuck27
12-20-2013, 09:00 AM
Mike Vandermause @MikeVandermause 18h

I get the sense Rodgers wants to play, McCarthy wants Rodgers to play, but Dr. McKenzie (and perhaps Ted Thompson) are holding firm.

woodbuck27
12-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde 32m

RT @Slappyb27: Aaron Rodgers skelton needs to be held accountable for not healing when we need him

Freak Out
12-20-2013, 12:38 PM
So Rodgers is out again....does not bode well for the Packers this Sunday....but I think we'll get another surprise performance and the dream continues.

denverYooper
12-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 14m
"After seeing Aaron practice for two weeks, this is clearly something that Ted Thompson and I need to sit down and assess the situation."

RashanGary
12-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Ted Thompson runs the Green Bay Packers. If this was a McCarthy decision, I know MM, he's competitive and his emotion comes into play. He believes in his game planning and believes in his QB. They're arrogant enough to take the risk.

Thompson on the other hand, ice flows through his veins.

red
12-23-2013, 03:38 PM
for those that thought that article that can out sunday from "sources" that said a-rod was actually no where near being able to play

then why the fuck is there still a huge decision to be made?

why would M3 come out one day later and announce that there is a lot of "conversation" going on about the decision?

that article that came out yesterday was nothing but damage control by the team and TT because TT got his vag hurt by M3 throwing him under the bus on friday and blaming the "organization" for a-rod not playing.

fyi, organization = TT

Rutnstrut
12-23-2013, 03:55 PM
"Thompson on the other hand, ice flows through his veins"

I wouldn't mistake him being an overly cautious, play it safe pussy for ice.

denverYooper
12-23-2013, 03:57 PM
The sources don't know as much as M3 does about the situation. Maybe he's just trying to leverage Rodgers's injury in a feeble attempt to confuse teams but at his presser today, he genuinely seemed to feel like Rodgers should be able to play. You are right about TT, I think, but I think the whole bit about "organization" was mostly something the media spun up out of the fact that M3 used some form of "organization" 9 times in his Friday presser.

pbmax
12-23-2013, 04:13 PM
for those that thought that article that can out sunday from "sources" that said a-rod was actually no where near being able to play

why would M3 come out one day later and announce that there is a lot of "conversation" going on about the decision?

that article that came out yesterday was nothing but damage control by the team and TT because TT got his vag hurt by M3 throwing him under the bus on friday and blaming the "organization" for a-rod not playing.

fyi, organization = TT

M3 and Rodgers are on the positive side, they see him able to play.

That ESPN article, the Doc and Thompson see the downside, its not hard to discern the difference now that M3 has been a little more clear. Its about what happens to his collarbone if he breaks it again. From dislocation, to ligament or nerve damage, the only open question is degree of risk.

The two sides are no longer hard to reconcile.

pbmax
12-23-2013, 04:38 PM
M3 and Rodgers are on the positive side, they see him able to play.

That ESPN article, the Doc and Thompson see the downside, its not hard to discern the difference now that M3 has been a little more clear. Its about what happens to his collarbone if he breaks it again. From dislocation, to ligament or nerve damage, the only open question is degree of risk.

Just watched the section on Rodgers. Some Tweets made it sound like he said something new, pointing to a difference of opinion but he was answering a question about the process so it was a pretty benign statement.

But I think short versus long term still explains most of the confusion.

mraynrand
12-23-2013, 05:00 PM

Do you mean his collarbone, or people in the organization?

Guiness
12-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Just watched the section on Rodgers. Some Tweets made it sound like he said something new, pointing to a difference of opinion but he was answering a question about the process so it was a pretty benign statement.

But I think short versus long term still explains most of the confusion.

I swear, if he has MSRA or some other f'ing infection à la Sherrod someone needs to be shot and pissed on.

Speaking of Sherrod, that reminds me...Newhouse made his way onto the field Sunday. Anyone got insight into that? Was someone getting a breather or was it a special package with him as the 'heavy' TE? Did they forget to hide his helmet and he snuck on???

red
12-23-2013, 05:42 PM
I swear, if he has MSRA or some other f'ing infection à la Sherrod someone needs to be shot and pissed on.

Speaking of Sherrod, that reminds me...Newhouse made his way onto the field Sunday. Anyone got insight into that? Was someone getting a breather or was it a special package with him as the 'heavy' TE? Did they forget to hide his helmet and he snuck on???

well, he didn't have surgery, so it might be hard to get msra

someone mentioned in the game thread that newhouse was in the game as a fat TE just for that one play. of course he did manage to fuck up on that one play. and i noted in the GDT that its a bad sign for sherrod when he's healthy enough to play, he's getting some reps, but newhouse who can't step on the field without fucking up, and barclay who fucks up about 50% of the time are still higher on the depth chart then he is

i think if sherrod has any future with the team, he would be getting some real reps by now

pbmax
12-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Do you mean his collarbone, or people in the organization?

I meant the organization. However, if you believe Wilde, these things are also true:

1. At Rodgers behest, the Packers did not declare Rodgers out with a collarbone injury the night of the Bears game. He did not want it disclosed.

2. Wilde believes McCarthy/agent (his agent is Trace Armstrong apparently) is the source for the Mortenson story and that the relationship between Coach and QB will now be strained. Wilde seemed kinda peeved and declared that no one had presented a case for the leak to be from anyone except McCarthy.

The only open question is WHY they have been playing this like a week to week thing for several weeks now. The rumor is that Rodgers has a non-displaced spiral fracture of his collarbone and the minimum the team expected was 8 weeks if things went according to plan.

HarveyWallbangers
12-23-2013, 07:09 PM

fyi, organization = TT

Making the Bears waste a couple of days preparing for ARod. I think McCarthy realizes now that it's a big distraction than it's worth for his team.

pbmax
12-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Making the Bears waste a couple of days preparing for ARod. I think McCarthy realizes now that it's a big distraction than it's worth for his team.

I hope there was more to it than that, because that little gambit has now cost the team internally. Its backfired.

It might explain Rodgers' willingness to play the "maybe I 'll be cleared by Saturday card" for weeks after initially resisting the idea to disclose the injury. He went along with it until he saw it was costing him his reputation for constantly being ruled out while publicly he looked week to week.

If this was designed to fool the opposition, it was poorly conceived and has now given the team a black-eye.

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 09:21 PM

Do you mean:

I think McCarthy realizes now that it's a (bigger) distraction than ( it's ie such distraction) worth (as a value) for his team.

If so no kidding. MM need not waste such nonsense on such deception.

That crap spills all over your lap. :bang:

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 09:33 PM
I hope there was more to it than that, because that little gambit has now cost the team internally. Its backfired.

It might explain Rodgers' willingness to play the "maybe I 'll be cleared by Saturday card" for weeks after initially resisting the idea to disclose the injury. He went along with it until he saw it was costing him his reputation for constantly being ruled out while publicly he looked week to week.

If this was designed to fool the opposition, it was poorly conceived and has now given the team a black-eye.

That's the TRUTH and the worst of it is it's pissing off a lot of Packer fans that don't appreciate not being treated with forthrightness.

If I were an advisor to TT and MM.

I'd tell them both to get on with the real TRUTH like tomorrow.

a) Come 100% TRUTH and the Aaron Rodgers current medical status.

b) Humbly apologize to all Packer fans for handling the whole mess like schoolyard boys/girls trying to hide some silly secret.

This is getting too really ugly. Don't ever treat fans like morons. Many Packer fans are paying strict attention and have more than half a clue (the Official managements side) and are getting very close to enrage and MM and TT. Dishonesty piss's off a teams fan base for a long long time.

Lose that TRUST or the TRUST OF THE FANS and your soon FIRED !

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 10:58 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/proart/20131223/pkr01/312230344/mccarthy-said-team-will-make-rodgers-decision-sooner-rather-than-later-week?pagerestricted=1

McCarthy said: The **Team will make Rodgers decision sooner rather than later this week.

Comment woodbuck27:

** Note the distinction here where MM uses the word ' Team ' and last week he used the word Organization; 'or an organizational decision ... over and over and over again.

For a moment there last week I wondered if Mike McCarthy had been anywhere near Stepford, Conn.

Stepford husbands ... all the rage with the ladies.

woodbuck27
12-23-2013, 11:54 PM
** Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 34m
12/23/13 Massaging the message: Mike McCarthy didn't talk about Aaron Rodgers' recovery and potential medical ... http://bit.ly/1cOGlGp

** Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 3h
The @ESPNMilwaukee, @ESPNMadison story on what #Packers Mike McCarthy said about Rodgers. You tell me what you think: http://bit.ly/1bnrsKe

You can ignore me on this if you'd like. Way McCarthy talked today gave different vibe. Writing now. Sorry to get your hopes up if I did. :)

Another crazy man. RT @KCousineau09: Call it whatever you want….but I think someone might get news he’s wanted to hear for nearly 2 months.

Now is a good time to point out that The @AaronRodgers12 Show is at 1:30 CST Tuesday on @ESPNMilwaukee, @ESPNMadison. :)

The way McCarthy talked, the way he said they wanted a decision early in the week, and the gravity of the game ... Maybe I'm wrong.

Am I crazy if my gut is telling me that Aaron Rodgers gets the thumbs-up tomorrow from Dr. McKenzie and starts for #Packers Sunday?

Comment woodbuck27:

Isn't that interesting... Well we'll see won't we. I'm not getting my hopes up. That's simply rumor to this cat.

If he's behind center Vs the Bears then Aaron Rodgers is back.

GO PACK GO !

Bretsky
12-24-2013, 12:41 AM
So Rodgers is out again....does not bode well for the Packers this Sunday....but I think we'll get another surprise performance and the dream continues.

You were right
The great part about Green Bay continuing to lose is that our competition for the NFC North does as well

I think the streak stops next week.........one way or the other

woodbuck27
12-24-2013, 12:56 AM
You were right
The great part about Green Bay continuing to lose is that our competition for the NFC North does as well

I think the streak stops next week.........one way or the other

If it goes to OT and remains tied......Yuuuuuccchh!

bobblehead
12-24-2013, 09:27 AM
well, he didn't have surgery, so it might be hard to get msra

someone mentioned in the game thread that newhouse was in the game as a fat TE just for that one play. of course he did manage to fuck up on that one play. and i noted in the GDT that its a bad sign for sherrod when he's healthy enough to play, he's getting some reps, but newhouse who can't step on the field without fucking up, and barclay who fucks up about 50% of the time are still higher on the depth chart then he is

i think if sherrod has any future with the team, he would be getting some real reps by now

I would agree with you except that I know MM and how he thinks. He stubbornly goes with a known shit commodity for way too long before he switches to an unknown. Just one example off the top of my head, he kept Bishop on the bench for WAY too long. He also should have transformed Hyde (or damn near anyone) to safety long ago. Mcmillan and Jennings were epically bad...it couldn't have gotten much worse, but those 2 needed to be off the field.

denverYooper
12-24-2013, 09:39 AM
I would agree with you except that I know MM and how he thinks. He stubbornly goes with a known shit commodity for way too long before he switches to an unknown. Just one example off the top of my head, he kept Bishop on the bench for WAY too long. He also should have transformed Hyde (or damn near anyone) to safety long ago. Mcmillan and Jennings were epically bad...it couldn't have gotten much worse, but those 2 needed to be off the field.

:bclap:

Spot on. M3's biggest flaw, IMO, is his stubborn willingness to stick with under-performing players and coaches for too long. I realize that consistency carries a certain benefit, but M3 pushes that too far at times.

bobblehead
12-24-2013, 01:01 PM
:bclap:

Spot on. M3's biggest flaw, IMO, is his stubborn willingness to stick with under-performing players and coaches for too long. I realize that consistency carries a certain benefit, but M3 pushes that too far at times.

Kinda my take...although I would have cut Crosby last season.

red
12-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Kinda my take...although I would have cut Crosby last season.

i think all of us would have

i was a big backer of him for most of last season, i kept saying "he's got the talent, its just all mental", but even by the end of last season i was ready for him to be gone

Freak Out
12-24-2013, 05:25 PM
What about the other injured Packers? Is Clay out?

red
12-24-2013, 07:02 PM
What about the other injured Packers? Is Clay out?

yup, he's done

i thought i saw something definitive, but now i don't see anything

i do know they said it was a break of the same thumb that kept him out 4 weeks the last time he broke it

The NFL Network confirms Clay Matthews re-broke his thumb in Sunday's loss to the Steelers.
Matthews wasn't able to cast up and play last time, missing a month after his Oct. 6 Bennett's fracture. It looks like the four-time Pro Bowler's season is now done with a team-leading 7.5 sacks. "The training staff didn't feel very good about the injury," coach Mike McCarthy said Monday. Dec 24 - 8:29 AM
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

woodbuck27
12-26-2013, 04:11 AM
Mike Vandermause @MikeVandermause 18h

I get the sense Rodgers wants to play, McCarthy wants Rodgers to play, but Dr. McKenzie (and perhaps Ted Thompson) are holding firm.

Does Mike Vandermause generally offer a point of view to cover the Packers key players (in this case Aaron Rodgers, Ted Thompson, Dr. Patrick McKenzie and finally and obviously least Mike McCarthy. Their collective ass's?

While Jason Wilde trys to get the scoop on the real story? This is certainly confused by having a weekly Radio spot scheduled generally on Tuesday afternoons and co-hosted by Aaron Rodgers.

This whole thing has become murkier than any John le Carré; Robert Ludlum or Ken Follett spy novel.

I know who's covering who's ass best.

That fella doesn't have a Green Bay Packer coaching or management position.

That fella is taking care of his $$$$business$$$$. Looking after NO.1.

That fella has managed to hood wink most of you.

That fella is conducting 'the show'. :-D

Time tells all stories in terms of TRUTH.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-26-2013, 04:55 AM
Comment woodbuck27:

Is there anybody at Packerrats that disagrees with the core of this Packer fans point of view? Story in LINK below.

If so why?

I don't think that this Packer fan had it really nailed down when he wrote this. Maybe he feels worse right now and will feel more worse at the end of this day as he lies in bed and prepares to rest and after learning of the absolute latest and the Aaron Rodgers collarbone fracture and still healing process.

Maybe he'll stare at the ceiling and say to himself...no kidding... jheesshh Mr. Naïve ...were you ever embracing stupid on this one.

In this world nothing surprizes nor shocks me. That's a strong position towards not arriving in yourself at destination 'stupid'. It may be a more difficult puzzle when the cast of characters is strictly controlled. That is until one or more of those characters begins to panic and toss one or more of the others under a bus. :shock:

It's really funny to me how some need to impress so much upon others. That's often in clear relationship to the value of one's ego to one's self.

I'm sure that there's an old saying that goes something like this:

You really don't know a man until you try to take something valuable away from him.

http://www.chatsports.com/green-bay-packers/a/Frustrated-Green-Bay-Packer-fan-takes-Mike-McCarthy-to-task-2-8985059

Frustrated Green Bay Packer fan takes Mike McCarthy to task

By: Mike King - Dec 14th, 2013 at 11:30 am

woodbuck27
12-26-2013, 05:23 AM
It's an outrage he's not on the field tomorrow. Just ask him.

For the past eight years I've noticed and:

Your analytical skills 'a constant ...IMPRESSIVE.

woodbuck27
12-26-2013, 05:41 AM

Evidently and maybe as you've already learned the medical staff under the leadership of Dr, Patrick McKenzie is conservative to the most conservative in the entire NFL in regards to when to allow a player to return to full practise to be approved to play in a football game.

i) Did you ever see a pic of Aaron Rodgers in a sling over the course of even one week beginning Nov. 4, 2013?

ii) Did you see Aaron Rodgers trying to throw a football on the sidelines a short time after the Shea McClellan SACK caused the injury?

iii) When we learn what we might today? Will you ask yourself why was Aaron Rodgers even allowed to participate in any limited practise instead of simply allowing him complete rest from activities not strengthening related?

iv) Are we made aware of methods, cautions and procedures used by AR as directed by the Packers medical staff to promote healing and strengthen his collarbone?

Pugger
12-26-2013, 07:42 AM
That's the TRUTH and the worst of it is it's pissing off a lot of Packer fans that don't appreciate not being treated with forthrightness.

If I were an advisor to TT and MM.

I'd tell them both to get on with the real TRUTH like tomorrow.

a) Come 100% TRUTH and the Aaron Rodgers current medical status.

b) Humbly apologize to all Packer fans for handling the whole mess like schoolyard boys/girls trying to hide some silly secret.

This is getting too really ugly. Don't ever treat fans like morons. Many Packer fans are paying strict attention and have more than half a clue (the Official managements side) and are getting very close to enrage and MM and TT. Dishonesty piss's off a teams fan base for a long long time.

Lose that TRUST or the TRUST OF THE FANS and your soon FIRED !

Do we as fans really deserve to have access to someone's medical records? Is nothing private any more for an athlete? I don't think most fans are pissed off about this situation or those making decisions but we are understandably disappointed his collarbone is taking this long to heal.

Pugger
12-26-2013, 07:54 AM

Of course until Richardson could return who else did we have back there? McMillan is no not even with the team now. But MM's biggest goof up with this tendency was with the backup QB situation. Because he stuck with Graham Harrell too damn long :doh: our backup QB situation was a mess. When it finally dawned on him nobody besides Aaron was an NFL caliber QB there wasn't much out there to choose from and when Rodgers got hurt we were truly screwed. Its a damn miracle we are still in the running for the division!

bobblehead
12-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Of course until Richardson could return who else did we have back there? McMillan is no not even with the team now. But MM's biggest goof up with this tendency was with the backup QB situation. Because he stuck with Graham Harrell too damn long :doh: our backup QB situation was a mess. When it finally dawned on him nobody besides Aaron was an NFL caliber QB there wasn't much out there to choose from and when Rodgers got hurt we were truly screwed. Its a damn miracle we are still in the running for the division!

Sadly we will never know if Wallace could have gotten us an extra win or 2 and brought us to the playoffs with ARod healthy. I do agree though that MM had to have the vision to realize neither of these guys could do it before it got that far. He saw the writing on the wall with Brohm early and he should have realized it with these clowns as well. That is on them.

If you bump some threads back in the preseason I said Hyde played like a safety. I don't read predraft crap and I am not a huge fan of college, I knew little about him before preseason, but you can see the skill set matches safety. If I saw it, MM should have seen it. I had faith in McMillan though, and that is my kool aid drunken fandom coming through. I tend to like high strung ahtletic defensive players. They grow, he didn't. Will Blackman never did either. Mike Daniels has. Hopefully Richardson does. These are all athletes with a bounce in their step. Hyde isn't any of them, but he is an instinctive football player. He will never be sam Sheilds, but he will play for 10 years. He should have been moved to his natural position and we would have been a lot better off for it.

woodbuck27
12-28-2013, 02:02 AM
http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=12351&is_corp=1

The only thing he has to fear …

By JASON WILDE

jwilde@espnwisconsin.com

GREEN BAY – Charles Woodson was scared.

"...as he prepared for the team’s NFC Wild Card Playoff game against the Minnesota Vikings last January, having missed the final nine regular-season games because of a fractured collarbone, Woodson wasn’t sure how the bone would react to the first time he collided with a running back, the first time he fell to the ground, the first time he found himself in an awkward position. ..."

Please click on the LINK for much more of this story.

GO PACK...GO PACK GO !