PDA

View Full Version : Predict the next Packers QB

CaptainKickass
11-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Let me be clear - I previously had some hope for Wallace, but after last night that hope is gone. He had an entire game to show that he maybe still had "it" and I saw exactly none of "it". I've seen every game of him as a starter in Seattle and some of Cleveland. He appears a shell of his former self and his "wheels" can't help him out of a jam anymore. He couldn't even outrun Bears LINEMEN.

My 1st choice is to bring in Flynn for a look/workout/medical whatever.

My second choice is to bring up the kid, Tolzien. Coach him up, scheme for his strengths, throw him into the fire and see what you've got.

All that being said, I firmly believe TT and MM will continue roll with Wallace. Do or die. Sink or swim.

:butt:

woodbuck27
11-05-2013, 12:23 PM
I'll be surprized if TT and MM roll the dice with any other QB Vs the Eagles than Seneca Wallace. Having posted that I'll add this:

Not that the team may have a better answer out there. If Seneca Wallace fails is that any place to point a finger? Seneca Wallace has never demonstrated that he's a viable answer as an NFL QB. We as fans have long been aware that the Packers needed a more reliable back-up at QB.

I'm also having this thought:

We're just about ready to determine just how good the Packers HC really is calling a game Vs how much his success depends on Aaron Rodgers.

The onside kick after E. Lacy's game tying '17 ALL' TD. I questioned that call as at least somewhat questionable in terms of risk and field position. Then after Seneca Wallace got a fortunate completion (instead of a pick) and fumble and recovery to James Jones on the Bears 6 yard line. With the power in our running game. Why didn't MM try to bang it in with three downs from that six yard line, instead of settling for a FG? The Packers needed to come up with seven points there and a TD lead and not just a FG and a 20-17 lead.

MM appeared very lonely on our sideline last night. I noticed some input from J. Nelson. On the other side the Bears HC Marc Trestman seemed to have more contact with his players during the game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000276924/article/marc-trestmans-bold-coaching-wins-it-for-bears

Marc Trestman's bold coaching wins it for Bears

By Gregg Rosenthal ... Around The League Editor Published: Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:15 a.m....Updated: Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:52 a.m

I see it as a triumph for Bears coach Marc Trestman's offense. In a battle of great offensive minds, Trestman's group survived the loss of its franchise quarterback. Mike McCarthy's team did not.

Trestman had two weeks to prepare Josh McCown for this start, so perhaps it's not fair to compare the Bears to the Packers' Seneca Wallace-led attack. But Wallace had a lot of things in his favor and still couldn't take advantage. The Packers blocked a punt. They recovered an onside kick. And they received 199 yards rushing, mostly from a ferocious Eddie Lacy effort. It was Wallace's inability to move the ball that sunk Green Bay's chances.

GO PACKERS !

channtheman
11-05-2013, 12:29 PM
I voted Tolzien, but I actually think Wallace will play. If we can win 1 of the next 3 games we'd be 6-5 and I have to believe that's still right around the top of the NFC North.

Guiness
11-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Anyone else notice Trestman looks like Leonard from TBBT? A google search showed me I'm not alone!

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6980606976/h0B8D378F/

hoosier
11-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Seneca gets a chance to show what he can do with a full week of practice. If he still looks like shit then maybe they turn to Tolzein.

Bossman641
11-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Seneca gets another chance to prove McGinn wrong

woodbuck27
11-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Anyone else notice Trestman looks like Leonard from TBBT? A google search showed me I'm not alone!

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6980606976/h0B8D378F/

Not sure of the appearance similiarity but Marc Trestman certainly is like Leonard of the Big Bang Theory in the smarts Dept.

LEWCWA
11-05-2013, 01:18 PM
I voted what I want, not what I think will happen. You need to bring Flynn back. He is the epitomy of a adequate backup....Now that he has had his swim through the league trying to be a starter and failed (plus got some $$) he should be happy to backup the best QB in the league and calm the nerves of GB nation for the forseeable future. Wallace is garbage, plain and simple. He is not athletic anymore and can't make NFL throws.

Rutnstrut
11-05-2013, 01:26 PM
This absolutely not what I want, but how it will go down. TT and Stubby fuck, will pledge their undying allegiance to Wallace, who will fail miserably. Rodgers will be out longer than expected and this team will NOT make the play offs. Yup TT is a GM genius alright, one who puts all his eggs in one basket. Draft and develop sure is working out now isn't it?

Brandon494
11-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Smh you guys are funny. At least give the guy a week to prepare for a game, he did not give any snaps in practice last week. Remember last time Rodgers went down and Flynn came in against the Lions and sucked just like Wallace? Then the very next week looked like a stud and almost beat the Patriots. Remember that was Wallace first time on the field since 2011, I think he'll look a lot better next week.

CaptainKickass
11-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Smh you guys are funny. At least give the guy a week to prepare for a game, he did not give any snaps in practice last week. Remember last time Rodgers went down and Flynn came in against the Lions and sucked just like Wallace? Then the very next week looked like a stud and almost beat the Patriots. Remember that was Wallace first time on the field since 2011, I think he'll look a lot better next week.

Just to give everyone a glimpse of what Wallace USED to be able to do, I dug this up. Kinda reminds you of RGIII or even Russell Wilson no? But keep in mind that he's now 33 years old and one of his receivers at Seattle was Koren frickin' Robinson before he came to GB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Elsegn4Zw

Now,

I saw him try that little "jump pass" thing he likes last night. Result? Batted easily.
I saw him try to escape the pocket by running behind and away from it instead of stepping up as he likes to do in the highlights. Result? Tackled for losses & throw away balls. No runs for gains, and he's never been accurate on the run either.

Wallace getting a short week of practice with what passes as our current #1 offense is not going to be enough in my opinion and I'm basing this off of facts and evidence in addition to having watched him and been a bit of a fan of his previously.

Flynn coming in as his 1st NFL game looking like crap = semi excusable. Wallace coming in for his 1st Packer game and looking like Flynn in his 1st EVER NFL game? No way.

Cheesehead Craig
11-05-2013, 02:16 PM

I'm with this. Give Wallace a week of practice and see how it goes. The guy came in ice cold last night.

I also don't buy the Trestman outcoached MM slant either. His QB got waaaay more prep time and it showed. THAT was the biggest difference, not some grand coaching.

Freak Out
11-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Wallace is going to start. With a week of practice and game planning they should be able to beat the fucking Eagles. Well....if the D shows that is.

Freak Out
11-05-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm with this. Give Wallace a week of practice and see how it goes. The guy came in ice cold last night.

I also don't buy the Trestman outcoached MM slant either. His QB got waaaay more prep time and it showed. THAT was the biggest difference, not some grand coaching.

That plus Marshall and Forte are studs.

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 03:13 PM

This could have gotten flipped around pretty quick if Hawk tackles Forte on 4th and inches.

channtheman
11-05-2013, 03:32 PM
After giving this a day of thought, as long as our defense decides to show up and Wallace is serviceable, I think we can win a few games. The only thing the Bears game proved is that when your starter unexpectedly goes down in the first series of the game, the backup and team have a tough time adjusting. All that said, we almost beat the Bears with a cold Wallace and a defense playing poorly. I'm optimistic if we can get Rodgers back this season.

Zool
11-05-2013, 04:14 PM

Will his arm be stronger this week?

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 04:16 PM

Getting promoted to starter gives him +5 strength.

sooner6600
11-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Would the Pack be interested in Tivo?

red
11-05-2013, 04:45 PM

exactly, our play book has to completely change with wallace. all throws to the sideline need to be thrown right out of the book. you can't throw a back shoulder pass when the ball takes 15 seconds to get there

dink and dunk and pound the ball on the ground

if we continue to try and use the same playbook that was built around favre and rodgers with a weak armed wallace we are gonna get killed and he's going to be throwing multiple picks per game

we're gonna see just what kind of a HC fat mike is. this will be his first stretch as a HC where he won't have a hall of fame QB making him look good

red
11-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Would the Pack be interested in Tivo?

fuck you

gbgary
11-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Wallace is going to start. With a week of practice and game planning they should be able to beat the fucking Eagles. Well....if the D shows that is.

if they're not on the field the whole game like last night.

gbgary
11-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Flynn - he's in like... himself

lol

Smidgeon
11-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Getting promoted to starter gives him +5 strength.

:D

Pugger
11-07-2013, 11:56 PM
After giving this a day of thought, as long as our defense decides to show up and Wallace is serviceable, I think we can win a few games. The only thing the Bears game proved is that when your starter unexpectedly goes down in the first series of the game, the backup and team have a tough time adjusting. All that said, we almost beat the Bears with a cold Wallace and a defense playing poorly. I'm optimistic if we can get Rodgers back this season.

What makes you think Rodgers won't be back this season?

channtheman
11-08-2013, 01:23 AM
What makes you think Rodgers won't be back this season?

With our medical staff, injuries are always worse than we think. I think my post was also before we heard the 4-6 week timeline. It is still 4-6 weeks, right?

Pugger
11-08-2013, 08:16 AM

This is the thing. Even with Wallace playing so poorly we still had a chance to win that game Monday night had our D got off the field either time in the 4th quarter. They must play better tomorrow or we'll be in trouble. Thankfully it sounds like Clay and maybe Perry will be back and that can help the pass rush. Clay will be hampered by that club but his presence will attract attention and open things up for others. His leadership out there will help too.

Pugger
11-08-2013, 08:19 AM
With our medical staff, injuries are always worse than we think. I think my post was also before we heard the 4-6 week timeline. It is still 4-6 weeks, right?

Bones heal in a predictable way (unless you get nerve damage like Sherrod did). If the fracture was small he might be back in 4 weeks. I'm guessing he'll be back for the Falcon game. We all gotta hope we can hold down the fort and play .500 ball until then .

red
11-11-2013, 09:56 AM
ok, so lets say wallace is out for next week, meaning his probably done for the season because we can't sit on 2 injured QB's

flynn is coming in today, but what if his arm really is messed up

whats option #3? is it VY? what are some other possibilities not named favre?

i doubt we want to go into next weeks game with kuhn as our #2 QB

denverYooper
11-11-2013, 09:58 AM
IF the groin is more than a week, they'll probably sign Flynn if his arm's not trashed.

pbmax
11-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Yep. Seneca won't be on the roster unless he can go next week.