PDA

View Full Version : Studs and Duds - Week 9: Bears @ Packers (McGinn's Hex)

run pMc
11-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Studs
Lacy -- 22 rushes for 150 yards is downright bestial. He's outrushed Adrian Peterson over the last 5 games.
Lattimore -- for his ST plays

Duds
Defense - McCown had the bye to prepare, but still -- Josh McCown. His comp pct wasn't great, but the D couldn't get enough stops and no picks vs. a backup. When the team needed the D to carry them it couldn't.

Left the rest for others to nominate.

CaptainKickass
11-05-2013, 12:07 PM
I'd like to add McGinn to the Dud's list for obvious reasons which are not limited to stupidity, retardation, lack of sense, being a moron, mailing it in, and general douchebaggery.

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Crosby = stud.

ThunderDan
11-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Crosby = stud.

Of the 3 phases of the game, special teams was the only one we won.

Bossman641
11-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Stud
Lacy
Starks - get this man some more carries!!
Raji perhaps - he had his moments but him and the DL seemed to wear down

Dud
House
Williams
Hayward for missing Bennett and letting the Bears have the chance to pick up the 4th down
The OLB's - although I sympathize with them as there were NO BACKUPS available
Hawk
Newhouse
Quarless - catch the ball cleanly
Wallace
The coaching staff

pittstang5
11-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Of the 3 phases of the game, special teams was the only one we won.

Oh my, you are right. I guess Slocum keeps his job tomorrow - or we just blame him for Rodgers injury. I'm cool either way.

pbmax
11-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Those two first downs while running over Packers were killers, How does Hayward lose Bennett like that?

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Those two first downs while running over Packers were killers, How does Hayward lose Bennett like that?

Rusty?

pbmax
11-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Rusty?

Just grab a leg and hold on for help! Shields did the same thing in the second half, he fell down trying to get to a guy. Just grab a kneepad!

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 01:22 PM

I can think of 4-5 plays that the D could have made in a game where they badly needed it:
1.) Near safety when Raji/Jolly almost crushed McCown
2.) The ball that McCown threw during that play was just up for grabs
3.) Williams/Shields collide on what should have been an INT on Chicago's part of the field.
4.) Missed tackle on Bennett to set up 4th and short
5.) Missed tackle of Forte on 4th and short.

Making any one of those plays might have changed things.

4 and 5 are debatable, though, because the tepid offense went almost dead cold after Lang went out, and I'm not sure they would have done much.

CaptainKickass
11-05-2013, 01:27 PM
STUD - Lambeau Field

Specifically - the grass/ground itself.

I'm pretty sure somewhere around the 46 yard line was our leading tackler last night.

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 01:32 PM
M3 is on both I think:
Studly - onside kick to get them an extra possession
Dudly
- no runs near the goal line with a hot running game
- not challenging the Quarless catch

Cheesehead Craig
11-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Stud - Slocum

Freak Out
11-05-2013, 02:40 PM
M3 is on both I think:
Studly - onside kick to get them an extra possession
Dudly
- no runs near the goal line with a hot running game
- not challenging the Quarless catch

This. Plus not using Starks a bit more in the second half. The guy is running angry.

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2013, 03:02 PM
I watched the second half of the game (heard it on radio last night.)

Wallace was not that bad. I mean, rusty as hell, but he is pretty effective rolling out of the pocket. He'll get a lot better with reps.

I think Vince Young is better, but I doubt there is much difference between Wallace, Young and maybe Flynn. They'll stick with Wallace.

Harlan Huckleby
11-05-2013, 03:04 PM
I wonder if Sherrod can take Newhouse's place.

pbmax
11-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Starks did disappear. I think you can shake Starks free in a zone run play with 8 in a box more than Lacy who will try to run over three of them.

Also that hail mary to Marshall for their first TD was just stupid. How does that not get batted down. How can the safety not get there?

denverYooper
11-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Starks did disappear. I think you can shake Starks free in a zone run play with 8 in a box more than Lacy who will try to run over three of them.

Also that hail mary to Marshall for their first TD was just stupid. How does that not get batted down. How can the safety not get there?

And there's this:
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 6m
Reviewing last night's game. The #Packers Neal might have a few sleepless nights this week. Had McCown dead to rights on TD to Marshall.

red
11-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Stud
Lacy
Starks - get this man some more carries!!
Raji perhaps - he had his moments but him and the DL seemed to wear down

Dud
House
Williams
Hayward for missing Bennett and letting the Bears have the chance to pick up the 4th down
The OLB's - although I sympathize with them as there were NO BACKUPS available
Hawk
Newhouse
Quarless - catch the ball cleanly
Wallace
The coaching staff

i completely agree with this list

why we didn't just lean on the run is beyond me. lacy should and could have had 200 and starks should have had closed to 100

dropping the run game at the 5 yard line when we are just dominating running the ball at that point and dropping wallace back into shotgun and second and third down where the bears knew they only had to worry about the pass was just mind numbing

this is a game that we could have and should have won if the defense had only played half as well as they had every other game this season