PDA

View Full Version : WHo was the emergency QB last night?

red
11-05-2013, 06:27 PM
none of us in the game thread knew who would play QB if wallace had gotten hurt, and no one i talked to today knew either

in years past there was driver, this year cobb might have been able to step in if needed, but he's hurt

i'm sure patler knows, who's the emergency qb?

Patler
11-05-2013, 06:29 PM
none of us in the game thread knew who would play QB if wallace had gotten hurt, and no one i talked to today knew either

in years past there was driver, this year cobb might have been able to step in if needed, but he's hurt

i'm sure patler knows, who's the emergency qb?

A couple years ago it was said to be James Jones.

red
11-05-2013, 06:31 PM
A couple years ago it was said to be James Jones.

he was barely even on the field last night, could he have played QB if needed?

Patler
11-05-2013, 07:06 PM
he was barely even on the field last night, could he have played QB if needed?

Thake a snap and hand off to Lacy? Ya, he could handle it!

Bossman641
11-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Don't ask why..but I want to believe Jordy was the emergency QB

MadtownPacker
11-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Don't ask why..but I want to believe Jordy was the emergency QBI dont have to ask why. It's because he's White.

Don't worry I felt the same way. :lol:

NewsBruin
11-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Maybe we can't remember because nobody's had one in two and a half seasons (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/22/nfl-drops-third-quarterback-rule-46-active-players-on-game-day/).

Rutnstrut
11-06-2013, 03:49 PM
There had to be one, it's not like MM would go into a game without contingency plans. Oh wait he does, like when they ran out of RB's earlier this season

woodbuck27
11-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Don't ask why..but I want to believe Jordy was the emergency QB

In todays chat Vic Ketchman responded to this question with the same name:

Jordy Nelson.

red
11-06-2013, 05:42 PM
well, i guess when you need an emergency guy you're going to look at someone who is smart. cause qb's have to be smart

now we all know whites are the smartest race, thats just basic science

so logically, you're emergency QB would be your most athletic white guy

jordy nelson

Bossman641
11-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Jordy was a high school qb

red
11-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Jordy was a high school qb

i have a feeling a lot of guys in the NFL were QB's in high school

a lot of high schools are gonna take their best talent and put it at the most important position. then they get to college and maybe they just don't have "it" so they get mover to WR, or RB, or TE, or maybe they just let them play the position they played on defense (most high school players still play both ways) and they become safeties, cb, or LB's

at that point they have the leadership ability from being the high school QB, so they excel

a lot of those guys then end up in the pros

i'd love to see some kind of numbers as to just what kind of percentage of NFL players were QB's in high school. i bet the numbers would surprise a lot of us

red
11-06-2013, 06:37 PM
a quick little search shows that jones (james), jordy and cobb were all the QB's of their high school teams

micah hyde was a first team all state QB in ohio

morgan burnett was his teams QB starting his sophomore season

huh, sam shields was ranked as the #17 best WR in the country after his senior year in high school by rivals.com

james starks was a high school QB

Joemailman
11-06-2013, 07:37 PM
The emergency QB was Wallace. Because if Rodgers can't play, it's an emergency.

Patler
11-07-2013, 02:16 AM
a quick little search shows that jones (james), jordy and cobb were all the QB's of their high school teams

micah hyde was a first team all state QB in ohio

morgan burnett was his teams QB starting his sophomore season

huh, sam shields was ranked as the #17 best WR in the country after his senior year in high school by rivals.com

james starks was a high school QB

Casey Hayward and Jerron McMillan, too.

Pugger
11-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Had Cobb been available I would think he is our emergency QB. He played QB for Kentucky when he was a freshman and was named to the SEC All-Freshman team that year playing QB. He began to play WR as a sophomore.

woodbuck27
11-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Casey Hayward and Jerron McMillan, too.

TT drafts QB's very well and often.