PDA

View Full Version : 6-2 Rest of the Year

Tony Oday
11-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Phili: We are going to crush them. Defense will step up after getting bushwacked on Monday Night. Stark and Lacy love this match up and Seneca after a week getting first line reps will light up the Phili Secondary

Giants: Here I see a loss on the road. I know they are not great but unless Eli melts down this game is a loss

MN: They have 6 TD passes all year. Defense is terrible and AP is not great this year. We win this one.

DET: Seneca gets the start with AR still out. We win this one in a track meet. Donkey Kong will be suspended this game and Starscream will be banged up, I think we win this one.

ATL: AR is back and he is BAD. ATL gets one over on us and wins in a shootout.

DAL: Fuck Dallas

PIT: With the season over they just dont care

CHI: We crush them because they hurt AR...seriously we beat them so bad they lose their first playoff game because of the beating we put on them.

gbgary
11-06-2013, 10:04 AM
we win two out or the next three and then run the table.

Freak Out
11-06-2013, 10:06 AM
If Seneca "lights up" anybody I'll be surprised. The OL and running game have to "light up" folks for the Packers to have a chance.

George Cumby
11-06-2013, 10:23 AM
I like your optimism, but we lose on Thanksgiving.

red
11-06-2013, 10:28 AM
we better go 6-2 because if we go 5-3 we might miss the playoffs

Harlan Huckleby
11-06-2013, 10:31 AM
DET: Seneca gets the start with AR still out.

Stop right there. You are not on a first name basis with Seneca Wallace. When he completes a pass more than 20 yards down the field, then perhaps some slight affection is justified.

Tony Oday
11-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Stop right there. You are not on a first name basis with Seneca Wallace. When he completes a pass more than 20 yards down the field, then perhaps some slight affection is justified.

Seneca and I text and talk more than most people know. (KFAN Reference)

MadScientist
11-06-2013, 11:31 AM
If AR somehow manages to make it back for the last 2 games we go 3-5, otherwise 2-6 at best (wins vs Min and Pit, and only if we get some luck in those).

Freak Out
11-06-2013, 11:45 AM
I think Rodgers is only out the next two games. If M3 and the staff can't find a way to beat the Iggles and Giants they should be bludgeoned.

MadScientist
11-06-2013, 11:54 AM
I think Rodgers is only out the next two games. If M3 and the staff can't find a way to beat the Iggles and Giants they should be bludgeoned.

I keep hearing 4-6 as a more realistic estimate. When have Packers come back on the early side of things? The Iggles have found a QB that can complete passes and they have a running back. They will win easy. The Giants are playing a little better, so I just don't like the Packers chances, although it should be close just because they suck so bad.

By Thanksgiving I wouldn't be surprised to see Tolizen get a shot at starting. A slightly below average arm is way better than Wallace showed. Plus he's short and sidearms the ball. Why the hell did they sign him? He's worse than useless.

denverYooper
11-06-2013, 11:54 AM

See, I think if they win these games, they are more likely to give Rodgers longer to recover.

denverYooper
11-06-2013, 12:00 PM
I keep hearing 4-6 as a more realistic estimate. When have Packers come back on the early side of things? The Iggles have found a QB that can complete passes and they have a running back. They will win easy. The Giants are playing a little better, so I just don't like the Packers chances, although it should be close just because they suck so bad.

By Thanksgiving I wouldn't be surprised to see Tolizen get a shot at starting. A slightly below average arm is way better than Wallace showed. Plus he's short and sidearms the ball. Why the hell did they sign him? He's worse than useless.

The Thanksgiving game will be 3.5 weeks. If they lose the next 3, I think Rodgers will try very hard to play. They (staff and players) have always talked about 10 as the "magic number". If they're sitting at 5-6 at Thanksgiving, I'd put money on him playing.

run pMc
11-06-2013, 12:03 PM
I think if Stafford, Megatron and Bush stay healthy DET have a good chance to edge out GB for the division. They have a pretty soft schedule going forward. Bush is the most likely to get hurt IMO, and if that happens it makes that a one-dimensional offense.
I think Chicago's defense caught a break vs. GB and will fade down the stretch. That defense is not playoff caliber and unless they can injure every starting QB they play they will lose games.

I think GB goes 2-2 (1-3 at worst) without AR and then 4-0 to close out the season. I'm crossing my fingers that a full week of reps for Wallace will make enough of a difference to have him play well enough to make teams pay for loading up vs. Lacy and get a couple of wins.
Looking down the road, Matthews, Perry, Lang, and James Jones should get healthier, and Cobb should be back too. If Rodgers is out 4 games they have to tread water without him. With how competitive he is, I expect him to be lights out when he comes back -- esp. vs. CHI.

10-6 should get them a wildcard spot. They're halfway there.

run pMc
11-06-2013, 12:05 PM
The Thanksgiving game will be 3.5 weeks. If they lose the next 3, I think Rodgers will try very hard to play. They (staff and players) have always talked about 10 as the "magic number". If they're sitting at 5-6 at Thanksgiving, I'd put money on him playing.

I think with that being a short week against a scary DL they sit Rodgers and bring him back after that game.

Cheesehead Craig
11-06-2013, 12:26 PM
I hope your prediction is correct Tony, I just don't see it happening without a big improvement from Wallace and our defense.

esoxx
11-06-2013, 12:58 PM
To underscore the value of Rodgers and the tough climb Packers are facing in the coming weeks, know that Vegas had the Pack as a 9 to 10pt favorite for the Eagles game.

With the injury to Rodgers, that line dropped to one to 1.5pt favorite. Knowing that home field is worth three points in the betting community, essentially Vegas is saying Eagles are the better team right now, if game were played at a neutral site.

No one should kid themselves that this is going to be anything other than a full-throated struggle in every game until AR returns.

Tony Oday
11-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Well that is if you buy that Foles is a good QB and didnt just Flynn a game.

denverYooper
11-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Well that is if you buy that Foles is a good QB and didnt just Flynn a game.

Your use of Flynn as a verb is outstanding.

That said, Foles has played pretty well in multiple appearances:

2013 Philadelphia Eagles 6 3 74 118 62.7 1,028 8.7 13 0 7 32 127.4

13 TD, 0 Int, 8.7 YPA, 127.4 rating.

He did get a big boost from the Raiders game, but at worst he's been capable -- probably better than McCown.

red
11-06-2013, 02:16 PM
yeah if our d plays as well as they did against McClown then foles might just light us up

Tony Oday
11-06-2013, 02:18 PM
That is true Red but damn they have played well so far this year I hope its not indicative of what our pass rush and secondary is...if it is we need a lot of reinforcements from the injury list.

woodbuck27
11-06-2013, 02:23 PM
If Seneca "lights up" anybody I'll be surprised. The OL and running game have to "light up" folks for the Packers to have a chance.

It`s one game at a time and this home game Vs Philly is huge. Collectively the Green Bay Packers must somehow gut this game out and win it. The PACKERS need to win their next game. That`s an imperative to boosting the teams morale.

I`m hoping that `the lights come on` in Seneca Wallace`s head and constitution over the next four weeks and helps our team to a 7-5 record.

After that I`m realistic and fully realize we need Aaron Rodgers.

MadScientist
11-06-2013, 03:32 PM
That is true Red but damn they have played well so far this year I hope its not indicative of what our pass rush and secondary is...if it is we need a lot of reinforcements from the injury list.

They've improved somewhat, but they still haven't played all that well. They just looked good against really shitty offenses and a Megatron-less Detroit. The only hope is for Clay to single-handedly (literally) save the day.

MadScientist
11-06-2013, 03:41 PM
I think GB goes 2-2 (1-3 at worst) without AR and then 4-0 to close out the season.
10-6 should get them a wildcard spot. They're halfway there.
Touch and go at 10-6. Either SF or SEA will get one WC and the other will go to the second place in the NFCN. With weak schedules Det and Chi could both be 11-5 or better, or 10-6 and take the tie breaker over GB.

If GB can manage to go 2-2 (and the Giants and Vikings do suck) and AR comes back after 4 weeks then they still have a very good shot at running the table and finishing 11-5. I don't think Det and Chi will both be 11-5 or better.

denverYooper
11-06-2013, 04:07 PM
They've improved somewhat, but they still haven't played all that well. They just looked good against really shitty offenses and a Megatron-less Detroit. The only hope is for Clay to single-handedly (literally) save the day.

Hopefully Clay + Daniels on passing downs will lead to more excitement.

Even Perry coming back should help, though. I don't know if Neal will ever be an every down OLB like he was forced to be on Monday.

Smidgeon
11-07-2013, 12:40 PM
If the defense doesn't start catching some passes...

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-07-2013, 12:50 PM
If the Packer offense doesn't start catching some passes (with Seneca)....

Upnorth
11-07-2013, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure 10-6 is a ticket to the playoffs, Carolina is in the hunt as well. I think we need to win the north period.

MadScientist
11-07-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure 10-6 is a ticket to the playoffs, Carolina is in the hunt as well. I think we need to win the north period.

Carolina has SF, NE and 2 against NO coming up, plus the Jets. I don't think they will make it to 10-6. Chicago and Detroit both might be 10-6 or better.

Seneca needs to show that he can be more that a poor man's Christian Ponder or the Packers are toast.

woodbuck27
11-07-2013, 01:31 PM

Somehow we must win the NFCN. It was just announced on NFL.Com that the Bears will start Jay Cutler this week Vs the LIONS.

You mention the (5-3) Carolina Panthers. They've won their last four games over weak opponents:

(#30) Minny, (#21) St. Louis, (#32) Tampa Bay and ( #29) Atlanta by an average score of 32.5 - 12. Panthers QB Cam Newton has looked very good in these games.

The next two weeks will tell us a lot about the (#12) Carolina Panthers (5w-3L) @ (#5) San Fran and home to (#6) New England.

They have to face the division leading (#7) NO Saints ((6W - 2L) two times in the last four games.

The remainder of the schedule may be swept with games Vs (#17) the Fish, (#32) BUC's, ( #13) Jets and (#29)Falcons. They play Miami and Atlanta on the road. The Jets are surprisingly dangerous under Rex Ryan. They knocked off the NO Saints at home last week.

I see the Panthers with at least nine (9) wins.

woodbuck27
11-07-2013, 03:20 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1839129-updated-super-bowl-odds-for-every-nfl-team-heading-into-week-10/page/26

Updated Super Bowl Odds for Every NFL Team Heading into Week 10

By Nick Kostos (Featured Columnist) on November 6, 2013

Green Bay Packers : Odds: 14/1

" The loss of Rodgers—for any amount of time—cannot be minimized. It's not just that backup quarterback Seneca Wallace is a significant drop-off, it's that Rodgers is literally irreplaceable.

The Packers' next few games aren't against elite competition (vs. Philadelphia, at NY Giants, vs. Minnesota), but the team would surely love Rodgers to be healthy for its Thanksgiving tilt in Detroit.

For now, it'll be up to Wallace to hold down the fort, and it starts Sunday against the Eagles."

GO PACK !