PDA

View Full Version : Official Eagles/Ducks Discussion

pbmax
11-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Matthews and Perry both practiced today. Rodgers listed as DNP.

Richardson and Worthy still on sideline on PUP.

denverYooper
11-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Why didn't Rodgers practice?

red
11-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Why didn't Rodgers practice?

undisclosed upper leg injury

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-06-2013, 06:58 PM
I wonder if he is now sporting a sling to immobilize break? If no, I need to do more research on clavicle breaks as everything so far says break should be immobilized, unless he has a 'special' packer medical staff clavicle break?

denverYooper
11-06-2013, 06:59 PM
undisclosed upper leg injury

Damn. I hope it's not too bad. The team really needs him.

red
11-06-2013, 07:00 PM
he should have been wearing one on the sidelines monday night

Joemailman
11-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Point spread is only 1 because of Rodgers' injury. I think he's going to bet 10 million on the Packers and then play in the game.

pbmax
11-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Point spread is only 1 because of Rodgers' injury. I think he's going to bet 10 million on the Packers and then play in the game.

Then he better be prepared to play defense as well.

Bretsky
11-06-2013, 09:43 PM
I've read people note we have a few easy games ahead
There are no easy games with Wallace at the QB
The easy game might come for our opponents
I would not put money on GB this weekend

woodbuck27
11-06-2013, 09:54 PM
I've read people note we have a few easy games ahead
There are no easy games with Wallace at the QB
The easy game might come for our opponents
I would not put money on GB this weekend

That's correct. With Seneca Wallace under center all opponents will be more hopeful to defeat the Packers....more inspired/confident.

Certainly not much $money$ should be risked on the Packers Vs Philly. I checked this evening and 12 of 13 ESPN NFL analysts have picked the Packers to defeat Philly. That surprized me.

In order for the Packers to win now. Everyone has to step up and MM has to get a decent/realistic game plan in place for Seneca Wallace's ... ahhh ... skills.

George Cumby
11-06-2013, 10:54 PM
Damn. I hope it's not too bad. The team really needs him.

I'm afraid it's a hamstring. You know what THAT means.

pbmax
11-06-2013, 11:33 PM
The weirder the season gets, the looser McCarthy appears to be:

On conference call with Philly reporters:

Zach Berman ‏@ZBerm 6h
Mike McCarthy, declining a question about a formation: "Sorry I didn't get you the 20 bucks Bill [Davis] gave you to ask that question."

Bill Davis is the DC for the Eagles.

------

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4h
New from JS: Packers' McCarthy: 'I trust Joe Philbin with my children' http://bit.ly/19ENR9c #packers

pbmax
11-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Tolzien's previous prep work included:

For those settling into their seats early at the stadium, Tolzien is a familiar sight. Some 2 1/2 hours before Green Bay's Monday Night game against Chicago, Tolzien was going through a rigorous workout with fellow practice-squad players on the field. He has been spending 45-60 minutes with quarterbacks coach Ben McAdoo before each game.

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/230908311.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed#ixzz2jw31vlo5
Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter

Fritz
11-07-2013, 06:24 AM
This has been one weird season, and it's the defense that has been as weird as anything. They seemed to be putting together a nice, solid unit - tougher, meaner, all that junk. Then, when they had a chance to take over and win the Bears' game, they pooped the bed.

Was it the injuries at linebacker that cost them their pass rush and allowed McCown all year to throw? Mebbe.

Funny, before the Rodgers injury, the talk was all about how good this team looked, how the defense was looking good, how this was feeling like '10. One game later and people are saying the Packers will be lucky to win much of anything until Rodgers gets back.

Maybe it's somewhere in between. But I was disappointed in the defensive play Monday, and am hoping the return to health of some linebackers will help.

I think this team can beat Philly.

Funny, too, not too long ago Foles was being excorciated for his play, was benched, there was talk of the Eagles being terrible, the rookie coach making lots of play calling mistakes (running the no huddle when trying to preserve the lead, for example), the defense not able to stop anyone.

Then you read McGinn's article in which he evaluates the Eagles, and he makes 'em sound like the '72 Dolphinas.

Overreaction must be de rigeur in the NFL.

denverYooper
11-07-2013, 08:44 AM
This has been one weird season, and it's the defense that has been as weird as anything. They seemed to be putting together a nice, solid unit - tougher, meaner, all that junk. Then, when they had a chance to take over and win the Bears' game, they pooped the bed.

Was it the injuries at linebacker that cost them their pass rush and allowed McCown all year to throw? Mebbe.

Funny, before the Rodgers injury, the talk was all about how good this team looked, how the defense was looking good, how this was feeling like '10. One game later and people are saying the Packers will be lucky to win much of anything until Rodgers gets back.

Maybe it's somewhere in between. But I was disappointed in the defensive play Monday, and am hoping the return to health of some linebackers will help.

I think this team can beat Philly.

Funny, too, not too long ago Foles was being excorciated for his play, was benched, there was talk of the Eagles being terrible, the rookie coach making lots of play calling mistakes (running the no huddle when trying to preserve the lead, for example), the defense not able to stop anyone.

Then you read McGinn's article in which he evaluates the Eagles, and he makes 'em sound like the '72 Dolphinas.

Overreaction must be de rigeur in the NFL.

Their 3-4 defense was down to a converted DE and a 6th rounder at OLB and those dudes got gassed. They need some guys back, especially guys named Matthews.

The other thing is, there were at least 7 plays the defense *almost* made that could have changed the game in Green Bay's favor. They made none.

1.) Had the Bears pinned deep, Raji almost sacks McCown.
2.) ON that play, McCown throws a floater to nowhere that could have easily been picked.
3.) McCown threw over the middle into a colliding Shields/Williams in Bears territory
4.) Neal has McCown wrapped up on 3rd down, McCown still completes a TD pass
5.) Hayward on Bennett - 3rd & long
6.) Hawk on Forte, 4th and short, had him in the backfield. Could have given Green Bay the ball back in Bears territory late, and down only 4.
7.) Someone screwed up on the dumpoff pass sthat Forte took for 33.

Freak Out
11-07-2013, 09:10 AM
FUCK!!!!!!!

woodbuck27
11-07-2013, 02:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers

See NOV. 5 8:15 PM on this Blog and Wallace to lead Packers on this LINK for some opinion on how MM and Company will have to game plan for Seneca Wallace in order to ensure more success.

Also:

Countdown Daily Prediction: PHI-GB

November, 7, 2013 ... 12:06 PM ET

"... a game that looked to be safely in the Packers' column is suddenly wide open. NFC North aficionado and all-around NFL expert Kevin Seifert breaks down the game with ESPN.com Eagles reporter Phil Sheridan. "

Phil Sheridan: " OK, I'll start with the obvious one: Can the Packers win without Aaron Rodgers? And did they take his durability for granted in not having a better backup in place? "

Kevin Seifert:

" On a local level, the backup quarterback has been an annual source of controversy for the Packers throughout Rodgers' career as a starter. Nationally, most people didn't find out about it until Monday night.

Seneca Wallace is the backup only because he was available when they realized none of the players they took to training camp was up to the job. He is 6-15 in his career as a starter, and his career seemed over in August 2012 when the Cleveland Browns released him.

The Packers' entire scheme is built around Rodgers doing things that only Rodgers can do. Think of what happened when the Indianapolis Colts played without Peyton Manning in 2011. The Packers will need to make fundamental changes to their offense -- and expect substantial elevation in other areas of their team -- to make it through this wilderness.

I have to imagine the Eagles can't believe their luck to be facing Wallace instead of Rodgers, huh? "

Note: An Eagles win over the Packers coupled with a Dallas Cowboys road loss in New Orleans would tie the Eagles with the Cowboys for fist place in their division.

Predictions:

The final word on Sunday's matchup at Lambeau Field:

Phil Sheridan: The Eagles whiffed on a great chance to beat Dallas and take control of the NFC East a couple weeks back. They've been gifted another opportunity. They can't blow this one.

Outcome Prediction: Eagles 23 - Packers 17

Kevin Seifert: I wrote last week that the Packers will struggle without Rodgers, so it's tough for me to pick them in this game. I'm not sure what, if anything, Wallace has left.

Outcome Prediction: Eagles 27 - Packers 20

NOTE:

10 of 13 other NFL Experts on the ESPN staff have picked the Packers to pull out this matchup with the Eagles.

On another prominent NFL site 6 of 8 experts predict that the Eagles win of this game over the Packers at Lambeau Field.

I hope its a dog fight and our team throws it all out on the field. If so then we'll win.

GO PACK GO !

MadScientist
11-07-2013, 02:42 PM
I hope its a dog fight and our team throws it all out on the field. If so then we'll win.

Trying to get Vick arrested again?

woodbuck27
11-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Trying to get Vick arrested again?

Nice catch......

I'm thinking voodoo dolls.

Is there a good availability of voodoo dolls in Green Bay/Wisconsin? :smile:

http://www.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/14983463?no_yb=true&mailing_id=2765&linksrc=mb_main_col_10

Bill Belichick’s Girlfriend Brings a Voodoo Doll to Every Game

Joemailman
11-07-2013, 04:31 PM
INJURY REPORT

QB Aaron Rodgers - broken collarbone - out
OG T.J. Lang - concussion - DNP
LB Clay Matthews - thumb - limited
LB Andy Mulumba - ankle - limited
LB Mike Neal - knee - limited
LB Nick Perry - foot - limited
DE Ryan Pickett - knee - limited

red
11-07-2013, 06:22 PM
FUCK!!!!!!!

please place things like this in the proper thread

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?15139-FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

denverYooper
11-07-2013, 06:23 PM
What happens if they run out of OLBs?

red
11-07-2013, 06:29 PM
What happens if they run out of OLBs?

who us?

it looks like clay and Neal might both be able to go this week. i think they're both going to go all out in practice tomorrow. lets hope all goes well

denverYooper
11-07-2013, 06:31 PM
INJURY REPORT

QB Aaron Rodgers - broken collarbone - out

That reminds me -- now I really fuckin' hate the Bears.

Really.

Upnorth
11-07-2013, 06:47 PM
If we get half of our starting d back then we should win. If cmiii and Neal don't play I'm going outside to chop wood rather than deal with my emotions during the game.

red
11-07-2013, 06:55 PM
If we get half of our starting d back then we should win. If cmiii and Neal don't play I'm going outside to chop wood rather than deal with my emotions during the game.

thats what i did on tuesday, it was a nice little bit of release that i needed after the lost to the fucking bears

denverYooper
11-07-2013, 08:05 PM
http://www.packers.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/article_images/2013/11-november/131107-matthews-300.jpg

red
11-07-2013, 08:56 PM
LOL, holy hell. its like a basketball on the end of his arm

so much for having his fingers free, looks like its just a lot of padding

Joemailman
11-07-2013, 08:56 PM
http://www.packers.com/assets/images/imported/GB/photos/article_images/2013/11-november/131107-matthews-300.jpg

That should reduce the chances of Clay getting flagged for grabbing the facemask.

channtheman
11-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Looks about the same as any other club I've seen. How exactly is it "modified?"

Fritz
11-08-2013, 02:58 PM
That should reduce the chances of Clay getting flagged for grabbing the facemask.

How does he beat off?

Oh, wait. He doesn't have to. He's Clay Matthews.

Freak Out
11-08-2013, 07:06 PM
The rookies take turns beating him off.....it's tradition.

woodbuck27
11-08-2013, 07:10 PM
How does he beat off?

Oh, wait. He doesn't have to. He's Clay Matthews.

All he has to do is meditate on it.

POW ! Ahhhhhhhh !

woodbuck27
11-08-2013, 07:14 PM
The rookies take turns beating him off.....it's tradition.

Hazing...Packer style.

Thinking....thinking....thinking....

Naauuuh !

Upnorth
11-08-2013, 07:14 PM

Hopefully that thing is full of that stuff from the nutty professor, we need all the help we can get!

Freak Out
11-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Flubber?

pbmax
11-08-2013, 10:07 PM
That's one of the biggest I have ever seen.

Cast, that is.

George Cumby
11-09-2013, 12:42 AM
That's one of the biggest I have ever seen.

Word is you've seen a lot.

Of course that was from Red, Skin and Harlan so perhaps I should consider my sources...........

pbmax
11-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Word is you've seen a lot.

Of course that was from Red, Skin and Harlan so perhaps I should consider my sources...........

Don't believe everything Harlan says about others. Often he is self-confessing.

pbmax
11-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Friday's Game Status:

Packers:
Out: QB Aaron Rodgers (collarbone).
Doubtfui: OLB Andy Mulumba (ankle).
Questionable: RG T.J. Lang (concussion), OLB Nick Perry (foot).
Probable: OLB Clay Matthews (thumb), DT Ryan Pickett (knee), OLB Mike Neal (knee).

Eagles:
Doubtful: LB Jake Knott (hamstring), QB Michael Vick (hamstring).
Questionable: CB Bradley Fletcher (pectoral),
Probable: CB Roc Carmichael (groin), S Patrick Chung (shoulder), WR Damaris Johnson (ankle), T Jason Peters (pectoral/shoulder), RB Chris Polk (shoulder/knee), DE Cedric Thornton (knee), G Julian Vandervelde (knee).

pbmax
11-09-2013, 12:40 PM
If Neal, Perry and Matthews all go, you have to think that will help the secondary. I am surprised by how many pass rush attempts you get versus this Chip Kelly offense, but it is a mixed bag. Some plays you are never going to get there, but when they go 5 step drop, you do get a chance. They will shoot it downfield if they think you are sitting on the run game.

Lang, unless he has a setback today after a practice, seems like he is going to go.

pittstang5
11-09-2013, 12:51 PM
No A-Rod = No win

There's just too many issues with this team to overcome.

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-09-2013, 01:19 PM
No A-Rod = No win

There's just too many issues with this team to overcome.

I have to agree, unless Taco can improve like 1000%, not sure we can pull this out.

HarveyWallbangers
11-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Let's give the guy a game or two will a full week of practice before we start calling him Taco. The guy didn't have a good game, but he's been a pretty solid player when given a chance.

pittstang5
11-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Let's give the guy a game or two will a full week of practice before we start calling him Taco. The guy didn't have a good game, but he's been a pretty solid player when given a chance.

Wallace is a concern, but the running game should help him. Wallace just needs to be smart; run when nothing is there or throw it away. Don't take too many sacks and don't force throws. Turnovers will absolutely kill us tomorrow. I expect to see a lot of short passes, screens, stuff like that.

The defense is my biggest concern. They've been playing like crap for 6 quarters straight. (2nd half of the Vikings game and all of the Bears game). The Eagles offense is no joke, they are going to move the ball. Our pass rush, even if Mathews and Perry were 100%, would have a hard time against them. The LBs and Secondary HAVE to step up this game...they just HAVE to.

denverYooper
11-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Let's get down to brass tacks here. Who's starting the gameday thread?