PDA

View Full Version : I am not wasting my Sundays

jklowan
11-11-2013, 08:51 AM
this team stinks, I'm done wasting 4 hrs on sunday for this pile of sh*t, maybe next year it will be better

Patler
11-11-2013, 09:02 AM
So, you are a fan only when they play well and win?

red
11-11-2013, 09:08 AM
i found it had to watch that second half

if the players clearly don't care, why should we?

Rutnstrut
11-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Right now this team and coaching staff/front office remind me a lot of the Packers of the 70's and 80's.

denverYooper
11-11-2013, 09:17 AM
It's frustrating right now. But if there's one good thing that might come out of this, it is a better evaluation of the team. What's worse, to have their flaws exposed now or to get exposed in the playoffs again?

I'm not saying they'll make the playoffs this year, because that is a coin flip at this point, but if they make it, they'll do so with a better accounting of their team.

Patler
11-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Right now this team and coaching staff/front office remind me a lot of the Packers of the 70's and 80's.

You're kidding, right? Not even close.

Two bad games and all of a sudden the staff is at the level of perennial losers?

bobblehead
11-11-2013, 09:40 AM

yea, just like those teams....do you have Alzheimer's by chance??

KYPack
11-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Really, you wasted 4 hours?

Get back to us when you've wasted a decade watching shit football.

billy_oliver880
11-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Aaron Rodgers does raise the level of play for this team. Hard to be without him. I am not ready to give up yet though.

pbmax
11-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Packers reeled off 7 wins out of eight games in 2009 to make the playoffs after getting pounded by the Bucs to fall to 500 (4-4).

No time to panic at 5-4.

ThunderDan
11-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Packers reeled off 7 wins out of eight games in 2009 to make the playoffs after getting pounded by the Bucs to fall to 500 (4-4).

No time to panic at 5-4.

Bobble should bump that thread.

MadtownPacker
11-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Ahh, panic ensues! I love to read these threads.

Noodle
11-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Panic? Maybe. Or maybe, a large portion of Packer Nation is beginning to realize how much they miss A-Rod's musk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1PqslRMWaE

Brandon494
11-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Gotta love spoiled fans...

red
11-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Gotta love spoiled fans...

i don't think its being spoiled. i think packers players should play by the lombardi code

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour -- his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear -- is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

we saw a defense (and some players on offense, looking at you marshall) that absolutely quit yesterday when the game was still in doubt. and then to see them laughing and joking around with players from the other team right after the game was sickning

if we would have lost, but everyone had played their ass of, well then fine, we lost. but that shit yesterday by the defense was pathetic. thats probably why you're not seeing too many people bashing the offense today, with the exception of newhouse, tolzien and the crew played balls out all game. that side didn't quite

Badgerinmaine
11-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Compared to the late Dan Devine-coached teams of my youth, this edition of the Packers looks like the '72 Dolphins. I'm bolted on to the bandwagon come hell or high water.
Which is not to say that I didn't swear like a p****d-off sailor yesterday.

Freak Out
11-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Lame sauce thread. We KNEW things would be bad if Rodgers went down and what do you know.....he went down and TT and Stubby did not have even a competent backup QB on the roster. Toz could turn into a player but you can't throw a guy in the game with NO practice reps and expect great things. The DBs just stunk yesterday....the big plays they gave up when they had double coverage was just embarrassing.

Pugger
11-11-2013, 11:08 AM

No kidding. jklowan must be a kid.

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2013, 11:09 AM
this team stinks, I'm done wasting 4 hrs on sunday for this pile of sh*t, maybe next year it will be better

I think you should spend more time in church on sundays.

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2013, 11:11 AM
i found it had to watch that second half

if the players clearly don't care, why should we?

I find switching to radio is a good strategy. Wayne Larrivee and "The Rock" host a soothing pity-party when things go bad.

red
11-11-2013, 11:12 AM
i was brought up as a packer fan in the late 70's early 80's. i never even knew the packers were allowed to win for about 12 years

i sure as hell didn't know there were things called playoffs

Rutnstrut
11-11-2013, 11:22 AM
I said right now they remind me of the 70's and 80's teams, which from my recollection were also not very good, injury ridden teams with no heart. Also poorly coached, anyone that argues that stubby and his stooges are coaching their finest football lately are on crack.

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Call me nuts, but I loved watching Packer football in the 1980's more than any other era. That 8-8 team had excellent players, and it kept you on the edge of your seat because you just knew they were gonna burst out soon, if not now, next year. Of course it never happened. The PAcker-Bear rivalry was fantastic, the raging Ditka, Forest Gregg's twitching eye. PAcker-Viking rivalry was hot too.

Rutnstrut
11-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Call me nuts, but I loved watching Packer football in the 1980's more than any other era. That 8-8 team had excellent players, and it kept you on the edge of your seat because you just knew they were gonna burst out soon, if not now, next year. Of course it never happened. The PAcker-Bear rivalry was fantastic, the raging Ditka, Forest Gregg's twitching eye. PAcker-Viking rivalry was hot too.

I enjoyed it more then also, but that's probably because I was much younger and everything was more fun then;)

Patler
11-11-2013, 12:01 PM

I said right now they remind me of the 70's and 80's teams, which from my recollection were also not very good, injury ridden teams with no heart. Also poorly coached, anyone that argues that stubby and his stooges are coaching their finest football lately are on crack.

I don't know, it came across to me as a more broad based criticism of the organization as a whole.

I see absolutely no similarity at all between "this team and coaching staff/front office" and the Packers of the '70s and '80s.

Fritz
11-11-2013, 01:19 PM
i don't think its being spoiled. i think packers players should play by the lombardi code

we saw a defense (and some players on offense, looking at you marshall) that absolutely quit yesterday when the game was still in doubt. and then to see them laughing and joking around with players from the other team right after the game was sickning

if we would have lost, but everyone had played their ass of, well then fine, we lost. but that shit yesterday by the defense was pathetic. thats probably why you're not seeing too many people bashing the offense today, with the exception of newhouse, tolzien and the crew played balls out all game. that side didn't quite

The defense's shitty play was what broke my heart. The Packer defense of the last two weeks have reminded me not of the 70's or 80's, but of 2011. They couldn't stop my mother on a run up the gut the way they're playing. And they seem to have no idea what's wrong, or what to do.

Let's hope the coaches do.

Joemailman
11-11-2013, 01:49 PM

This team isn't very good right now because they're not healthy. Those 70's and 80's teams were bad regardless of the injury situation. If the Packers were poorly coached, that game would have been a blowout yesterday.

jklowan
11-11-2013, 01:52 PM
This team is not fun to watch, I have been watching this team for 30 years and sunday was an embarrassment, the defense just plain sucks. I understand that the offense would struggle without a probowl quaterback, but it's the first time that I was just disgusted with the effort the defense put up. I'd rather be outside enjoying my day, not wasting my time with these bums

jklowan
11-11-2013, 01:56 PM
and no f"ing way this team makes the playoffs

jklowan
11-11-2013, 01:57 PM
if they do it's 1 and done, they got no heart

woodbuck27
11-11-2013, 02:55 PM

The Packers of the 1070-80's.

How about two decades of Packer fan frustration and endurance.

All the same it's sad for me to see this sudden revelation of the depth on our team. I realize too when too much adversity is 'just that' or over the top too much.

As Packer fans we simply have to get through this trial.

Playoffs or not try to determine knowledge of and intuitive support for; or remain faithful to our teams best fortunes.

ALWAYS PACKERS !

channtheman
11-11-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm upset about how the team is playing, but I'll still watch them. And I'll still hold out hope for the playoffs even though it appears bleak at this point. The Packers have to find a way to only have 5 losses when Rodgers gets back.

Joemailman
11-11-2013, 03:32 PM

This team is not fun to watch, I have been watching this team for 30 years and sunday was an embarrassment, the defense just plain sucks. I understand that the offense would struggle without a probowl quaterback, but it's the first time that I was just disgusted with the effort the defense put up. I'd rather be outside enjoying my day, not wasting my time with these bums

if they do it's 1 and done, they got no heart

This team has more heart than some fans.

woodbuck27
11-11-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm upset about how the team is playing, but I'll still watch them. And I'll still hold out hope for the playoffs even though it appears bleak at this point. The Packers have to find a way to only have 5 losses when Rodgers gets back.

We're now 5-4 and we need to gut out two big wins Vs the GIANTS (away) and back home Vs Minny >>>7-4 Record.

We hope like hell that Aaron Rodgers gets back for Thanksgiving Day game Vs the Detroit Lions (away). Our team is healthier all over and we win three straight. Our record elevates to 8-4 and we're looking good to run the slate and a 12-4 record.

That is 'in fact' all very possible. Until we lose seven games we are still in the hunt for the playoffs.

There's no real reason to give up hope completely. That reaction is premature. Bad karma.

GO PACKERS !

run pMc
11-11-2013, 03:52 PM

Yep, grew up watching 70's & 80's teams...I never got my hopes up too high, but couldn't help but watch. Games seemed unpredictable...especially with Gregg. Sometimes I thought that guy was going to run out there and snap his own player or the opposing team's players in half. (Or both.) I never knew which were worse -- the trades or drafts. Mossy Cade. Tony Mandarich. Rich Campbell. David Whitehurst. Brent Fumblewood. Charles Martin wrecking McMahon. Lindy Infante squeezing everything he could out of Vince Workman. With all the QB's dropping around here, I wonder if TT hasn't given Randy Wright and Anthony Dilweg a call to come in a duke it out for a spot.

Seriously, this team has hit a rough patch, mostly due to injuries stressing the roster's depth to the breaking point. They'll be ok (when/if they get healthier).
Look at it this way -- if they lose they get a better draft pick.

bobblehead
11-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Bobble should bump that thread.

I'm not good at bumping threads...and besides, someone might bump the one where I was all over Allen Babre as the next great thing.

bobblehead
11-11-2013, 05:07 PM

Makes you wish we had Richie Incognito don't it :P

bobblehead
11-11-2013, 05:11 PM

NOw we can bump that thread. LOL! I love absolute statements that couldn't be further from reality. For my money we are about 40/60 to make the playoffs right now.

bobblehead
11-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Yep, grew up watching 70's & 80's teams...I never got my hopes up too high, but couldn't help but watch. Games seemed unpredictable...especially with Gregg. Sometimes I thought that guy was going to run out there and snap his own player or the opposing team's players in half. (Or both.) I never knew which were worse -- the trades or drafts. Mossy Cade. Tony Mandarich. Rich Campbell. David Whitehurst. Brent Fumblewood. Charles Martin wrecking McMahon. Lindy Infante squeezing everything he could out of Vince Workman. With all the QB's dropping around here, I wonder if TT hasn't given Randy Wright and Anthony Dilweg a call to come in a duke it out for a spot.

Seriously, this team has hit a rough patch, mostly due to injuries stressing the roster's depth to the breaking point. They'll be ok (when/if they get healthier).
Look at it this way -- if they lose they get a better draft pick.

Let me give everyone a moment of gratifying reflection. Packers/Bears game. Play is over by about 3-4 solid seconds. Matt Suey is standing next to the pile. A flash of Green goes through the screen and Matt disappears. The refs all look at each other in stunned disbelief. After about another 3 seconds one finally flags Kenny Stills for his hit that was almost legal for the next play.

Brandon494
11-11-2013, 05:28 PM
With the injuries we have right now its unrealistic to expect them to produce the same results. Its sucks but to complain about not being about to watch this team after a 2 game losing streak is fucking lame especially with the players we are without.

George Cumby
11-11-2013, 07:07 PM

You are batshit crazy and I am right there with you. It may be nostalgia of youth but I remember the joy of beating Tampa Bay, Tampa fucking Bay on a last second field goal. The frustration with losing to those dominant Ditka led Bears. Jerry Burns looking like a Russian mafia boss. Fuck those were good times. And these are nothing like them.

Joemailman
11-11-2013, 07:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY8t-ptLbuM

woodbuck27
11-11-2013, 07:27 PM

That's one real reason we remain Packer fans.

We recall and hold on and hope for those types of moments when we'll all cheer again.

GO PACK GO !

HarveyWallbangers
11-11-2013, 09:43 PM
You're kidding, right? Not even close.

Two bad games and all of a sudden the staff is at the level of perennial losers?

This. And I love how it's people that are never around when things are going well who come out of the woodwork when things aren't going well. It's like they are happy the team sucks, so they can bitch about it. I think it's still 50/50 on the playoffs. Obviously, it mostly depends on when Rodgers gets back. It's unfortunate that the year Rodgers goes down is the year that the backup QB position is not solidified with a Brunell, Hasselbeck, or Flynn--but that's the way it goes. Obviously, it's not easy to find a guy like that as a backup or 32 teams would have that type of backup. The injuries bug isn't just Rodgers though, and this team has battled. Last week is about the only game this year where I was truly disappointed in the play. I thought they fought well against Chicago under bad circumstances. Losing at San Fran and at Cincinnati with a chance to win at the end is not something to be embarrassed about. If this team does get into the playoffs, look out though. We'd be looking at 2010 again and everybody will be saying we are dangerous. I'm hold out hope that I'll be able to bump some threads later in the year.

Patler
11-11-2013, 10:35 PM
If this team does get into the playoffs, look out though. We'd be looking at 2010 again and everybody will be saying we are dangerous. I'm hold out hope that I'll be able to bump some threads later in the year.

That's what I've been thinking. They need to find some way to win some games this month. They really needed to win one of the last two at home. Each should have been a winnable game.

Of course, if a few more injuries come around, it might not matter at all.

George Cumby
11-11-2013, 11:17 PM

I watched this video with my just-turned-7-year-old son. He asks what we were watching and I tell him how this is when we beat the Bears in the 80's. He asks me, totally innocently "Oh, was that in the old, old days?" I just reply "I love you, son." He leaves somewhat bemused by the whole thing.

Willard
11-12-2013, 12:34 AM
I'm pretty sure the Pack will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this Feb. a la 2010. As long as Rodgers comes back the week after Thanksgivng, the Pack will roll. Our running game is better, Rodgers is better. Our defense is similar albeit less turnovers, but we will make up for it with time of position from running 35 times a game.

Cheesehead Craig
11-12-2013, 11:43 AM

Rage quit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8pR1rZZHEs

I love how it's people that are never around when things are going well who come out of the woodwork when things aren't going well.

I'm with ya Harv. We should get together for a game this season some time at the PT.

Bossman641
11-12-2013, 11:53 AM
If this team does get into the playoffs, look out though. We'd be looking at 2010 again and everybody will be saying we are dangerous. I'm hold out hope that I'll be able to bump some threads later in the year.

I'd agree but I'm getting concerned about making it. This week is a must win.

Unfortunately I think Detroit will probably take the North. SF is looking like the first WC team at this time. That leaves us, Bears, and Panthers. Panthers still have to play NE at home and home and away with Saints. Would have helped if they had lost at SF on Sunday.

jklowan
11-12-2013, 12:18 PM
The kool-aide is strong in here

PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS LOL

denverYooper
11-12-2013, 12:31 PM
This is no place for the faint of heart.

Zool
11-12-2013, 12:42 PM
You've decided to waste Mad's bandwidth instead?

Guiness
11-12-2013, 12:50 PM
The game this week-end was just so frustrating. Couldn't score on offense, despite having the ball ALL day long. What was the time of possession before Philly's last drive? They got the ball with 9 minutes left in the game and didn't give it back, but before that I think the Pack doubled them. Defense...I don't know, it just looked bad. Giving up the big play is back.

Smidgeon
11-12-2013, 01:03 PM
So, you are a fan only when they play well and win?

+1

Pugger
11-12-2013, 01:09 PM
With the injuries we have right now its unrealistic to expect them to produce the same results. Its sucks but to complain about not being about to watch this team after a 2 game losing streak is fucking lame especially with the players we are without.

Agreed.

Pugger
11-12-2013, 01:10 PM
That's one real reason we remain Packer fans.

We recall and hold on and hope for those types of moments when we'll all cheer again.

GO PACK GO !

I was at that game and I'll never forget it! :cow:

jklowan
11-12-2013, 02:58 PM
+1

Not saying I am not a fan quite the opposite, just not gonna watch a sh*tty defense for 4 hours, I can go to my high school game and see better effort. I just gonna give it a rest for a bit

woodbuck27
11-12-2013, 07:30 PM
The game this week-end was just so frustrating. Couldn't score on offense, despite having the ball ALL day long. What was the time of possession before Philly's last drive? They got the ball with 9 minutes left in the game and didn't give it back, but before that I think the Pack doubled them. Defense...I don't know, it just looked bad. Giving up the big play is back.

The Packers TOP was just over 34 mins.

MM said in his presser that you cannot survive many games when the defense gives up three passing plays for scores over the top.

SkinBasket
11-13-2013, 11:02 AM
This is exactly why I DVR almost every game now. I can sit through shitty football, because I like watching the individual match-ups and the bright spots in the darkness. What I cannot sit through is shitty football and the same fucking 8 commercials all day. Sunday I got to hunt, come in and eat a chili brunch, play a game for a bit to satisfy my terrible need to micromanage meaningless statistics, watch the first half of football while zipping past the ads, then go hunt again, drink some beer with the neighbors, and finally finish watching the game over dinner. Time "wasted" was minimal and most of the other activities that day were a higher priority in my enjoyment of life.

Patler
11-13-2013, 11:32 AM
This is exactly why I DVR almost every game now. I can sit through shitty football, because I like watching the individual match-ups and the bright spots in the darkness. What I cannot sit through is shitty football and the same fucking 8 commercials all day. Sunday I got to hunt, come in and eat a chili brunch, play a game for a bit to satisfy my terrible need to micromanage meaningless statistics, watch the first half of football while zipping past the ads, then go hunt again, drink some beer with the neighbors, and finally finish watching the game over dinner. Time "wasted" was minimal and most of the other activities that day were a higher priority in my enjoyment of life.

I have watched Packer games that way since I bought my first VTR (video tape recorder- reel to reel, not cassette) 30+ years ago.

I am willing to invest a couple hours watching a recorded football game at a time and in blocks of my choosing. I am not willing to waste a typical Sunday afternoon planted on my couch for 3 hours or more.

Cheesehead Craig
11-13-2013, 02:55 PM
play a game for a bit to satisfy my terrible need to micromanage meaningless statistics,

I gotta ask, what is it?

SkinBasket
11-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Disgaea series. Specifically the new D2. About as Japano-nerdy as it gets.

woodbuck27
11-13-2013, 05:46 PM
I have watched Packer games that way since I bought my first VTR (video tape recorder- reel to reel, not cassette) 30+ years ago.

I am willing to invest a couple hours watching a recorded football game at a time and in blocks of my choosing. I am not willing to waste a typical Sunday afternoon planted on my couch for 3 hours or more.

Then your more the analyst than the fan.

red
11-13-2013, 07:21 PM
The Packers TOP was just over 34 mins.

MM said in his presser that you cannot survive many games when the defense gives up three passing plays for scores over the top.

so before their last drive the TOP was

US-34
them-17

unreal that we were losing with that TOP difference

Patler
11-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Then your more the analyst than the fan.

Perhaps, but I am very much interested in the result, and often listen to the games on the radio while I do other things. Even if I don't listen to the game, I check the score periodically. There are just so many other things to do on our typical Sunday afternoons.

woodbuck27
11-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Perhaps, but I am very much interested in the result, and often listen to the games on the radio while I do other things. Even if I don't listen to the game, I check the score periodically. There are just so many other things to do on our typical Sunday afternoons.

I understand and get you Patler.

I'm a Pro Picken junky so I'm often distracted by all things NFL.

bobblehead
11-14-2013, 08:21 AM
The kool-aide is strong in here

PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS LOL

I don't generally waste my time with posters like you, but here goes. If the packers make the playoffs we will not hear from you again until god knows when, at which point you will end up getting yourself banned because you are obviously someone of low intelligence incapable of making a good thought provoking post. Likely you are someone who has been banned already, ala rbaloha or tank.

KYPack
11-14-2013, 09:13 AM
I don't generally waste my time with posters like you, but here goes. If the packers make the playoffs we will not hear from you again until god knows when, at which point you will end up getting yourself banned because you are obviously someone of low intelligence incapable of making a good thought provoking post. Likely you are someone who has been banned already, ala rbaloha or tank.

In mid October, Tankduke3 was banned from the comments section of the JSO blog, to the tremendous acclaim of the other posters.

Tank had the same load of shit for his agenda, but still the people tried to reason with him until the mods finally ended his disruptive tactics.

Still goofy, after all these years.

Pugger
11-14-2013, 09:34 AM
so before their last drive the TOP was

US-34
them-17

unreal that we were losing with that TOP difference

Turnovers will do that.

denverYooper
11-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Turnovers will do that.

That is one area where missing Rodgers really hurts the most with our D's current TO drought. He's one of the best in the league at taking care of the ball.

Smidgeon
11-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Disgaea series. Specifically the new D2. About as Japano-nerdy as it gets.

+1 Nice!

woodbuck27
11-14-2013, 12:06 PM

The poster/member jklowan seems to be 'fan' challenged at this time. That member might read to understand this definition of a fan. After that that member may remain 'fan' challenged :neutral: :

" A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something, such as a band, a sports team or entertainer. Collectively, fans of a particular thing or person constitute its fanbase or fandom. They may show their enthusiasm by being members of a fan club, holding fan conventions, creating fanzines, writing fan mail, or by promoting the object of their interest and attention. " Fr. Wikipedia

GO PACK GO !

jklowan
11-14-2013, 01:50 PM
The poster/member jklowan seems to be 'fan' challenged at this time. That member might read to understand this definition of a fan. After that that member may remain 'fan' challenged :neutral: :

" A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something, such as a band, a sports team or entertainer. Collectively, fans of a particular thing or person constitute its fanbase or fandom. They may show their enthusiasm by being members of a fan club, holding fan conventions, creating fanzines, writing fan mail, or by promoting the object of their interest and attention. " Fr. Wikipedia

GO PACK GO !

I do not need any of you to define my fandom.....

I have been a member here since 06 and have never been banned, as a fan of this team I have a right to express my disgust with the product they put on the field, sorry if I do not think this team does no wrong. It is my current belief this team has no heart and cannot play NFL caliber defense. They are missing a couple of linebackers, so I do not buy the excuses many are making.

I will return to lurking only status, but will not go away

Feel free to bump the thread if they make the playoffs and rub my nose in it. I am not to fearfull of that happen with this squad as it currently exists.

woodbuck27
11-14-2013, 02:06 PM

I have been a member here since 06 and have never been banned, as a fan of this team I have a right to express my disgust with the product they put on the field, sorry if I do not think this team does no wrong. It is my current belief this team has no heart and cannot play NFL caliber defense. They are missing a couple of linebackers, so I do not buy the excuses many are making.

Feel free to bump the thread if they make the playoffs and rub my nose in it. I am not to fearfull of that happen with this squad as it currently exists.

I'm far from being a homer jklowan. I try to see and call it as it is.

I want to encourage you. :idea:

I won't disagree with you in terms of the Packers having 'heart'. That also still remains to be see. Maybe the 'FIRE' is lit this week?

Right now the GIANTS are set as 5 point favourites and I believe that's a gift for anyone who takes the Packers and that action.

I believe we have much right now to hold onto going into this huge game Sunday; be content overall in being an exuberant Packer fan.

Smeefers
11-14-2013, 07:09 PM
I agree with the no heart thing too. Sometimes it seems like these guys just give up. I've lost count of all the "almost" turnovers we've gotten. It seems like Tramon misplaced his can of stick-um and picked up the dollar store variety called slip-um. Our D line is looked like a strength, but lately I haven't seen any of the talent I thought I'd see.

It's not all heart though, it's also just a general lacking of talent. We're having trouble mustering a 46 man roster. We have 3 offensive linemen out, our QB out, 1 reciever out (one injured and playing), our TE out, 1 LB out (one with a club), not to mention Jolly and Hayward getting hurt.

These guys are professionals, but there's only so much damage a team can take before you see the effects. Honestly, take away the top D player and Top O player from any team and they're going to nose dive. If it wasn't for Eddy Lacy running the ball, which runs out the clock, which keeps the games low scoring, we wouldn't even have a chance. We still have a chance, but it's a shaky one.

George Cumby
11-14-2013, 08:44 PM
There are just so many other things to do on our typical Sunday afternoons.

+1,000

George Cumby
11-14-2013, 08:48 PM
In mid October, Tankduke3 was banned from the comments section of the JSO blog, to the tremendous acclaim of the other posters.

Tank had the same load of shit for his agenda, but still the people tried to reason with him until the mods finally ended his disruptive tactics.

Still goofy, after all these years.

First, i am astounded that forum is still alive.

Second, I am amazed that anyone (Tank) is so damaged that they would continue to derive pleasure from being a shit for so many years.

Third, I am impressed that you could endure such nonsense for so long.

Iron Mike
11-14-2013, 10:41 PM

Yeah, and where were the rest of you back in 2003, when I was rockin' the Pro Football Weekly forum, telling all the @$$#0!e Bucs fans that their SB victory was a fluke, and their team was going straight into the shitter after trading all those draft picks for Chucky???

KYPack
11-14-2013, 11:07 PM

Second, I am amazed that anyone (Tank) is so damaged that they would continue to derive pleasure from being a shit for so many years.

Third, I am impressed that you could endure such nonsense for so long.

it's not a JSO forum, George.

it's just a comment page following JSO Blog articles.

Somehow, Tank got his buns tossed for his asshole comments.

bobblehead
11-14-2013, 11:58 PM

Its not your disgust that we take exception to, its the way you state it. You don't ever post, but the minute things are tough you come whining in. How about starting a thread specifying what is disgusting you. Why the team is bothering you. And try not to use over the top hyperbole like comparing them to the 70's pack.

We all love a little drama, but you're way over the top...and you are right, you don't need us to define your fandom, but if you make ridiculous statements, expect to get called out on it. Just my 2 cents.

HarveyWallbangers
11-15-2013, 02:17 AM
I'm with ya Harv. We should get together for a game this season some time at the PT.

I think there's one game left that won't be on TV here. I don't remember which game. We could meet that weekend. Superfan and I have gone to Buffalo Tap the last couple of years, but I'd be willing to go elsewhere to hook up with you guys. We should try to drag Rastak to the game.

HarveyWallbangers
11-15-2013, 02:19 AM
play a game for a bit to satisfy my terrible need to micromanage meaningless statistics

Classic. I think there are a lot of us here like that.
:)

KYPack
11-15-2013, 09:17 AM
I think there's one game left that won't be on TV here. I don't remember which game. We could meet that weekend. Superfan and I have gone to Buffalo Tap the last couple of years, but I'd be willing to go elsewhere to hook up with you guys. We should try to drag Rastak to the game.

That would be a PR classic

pbmax
11-15-2013, 11:02 AM
it's not a JSO forum, George.

it's just a comment page following JSO Blog articles.

Somehow, Tank got his buns tossed for his asshole comments.

Considering those comments, that's quite a feather in his cap.

pbmax
11-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Yeah, and where were the rest of you back in 2003, when I was rockin' the Pro Football Weekly forum, telling all the @$$#0!e Bucs fans that their SB victory was a fluke, and their team was going straight into the shitter after trading all those draft picks for Chucky???

That had to be a thankless task. Though not as bad as having to suffer through a Bears championship followed by a Giants championship in college. Holy crap did fans fall out of the woodwork.

I don't know how the home state Packer fans survived on that campus.

George Cumby
11-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Considering those comments, that's quite a feather in his cap.

Yeah, that shit was unreadable.

MadtownPacker
11-15-2013, 11:20 AM
So Tank is a FA??? Shit let me get his agent on the line!

jklowan
11-29-2013, 07:49 AM

did we qualify for the post season yet, genius? wait have a sip of koolaide first

mmmdk
11-29-2013, 07:55 AM
It's frustrating right now. But if there's one good thing that might come out of this, it is a better evaluation of the team. What's worse, to have their flaws exposed now or to get exposed in the playoffs again?

I'm not saying they'll make the playoffs this year, because that is a coin flip at this point, but if they make it, they'll do so with a better accounting of their team.

Good post! Yet I gotta say that not even Two Face would do a coin flip on Packers reaching the playoffs; that isn't close to a fifty-fifty coin flip. :wink:

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 01:10 AM
Thursdays?

bobblehead
11-30-2013, 02:11 PM

did we qualify for the post season yet, genius? wait have a sip of koolaide first

Nice job using the quote function assklowan. I said if, your reaction was entirely too early and you are still a tool. You still haven't made any argument and are simply posting drivel crybaby whiny bullshit, but thanks for proving my point that you would be here crowing if things deteriorate with our 4th string FA can't find a job QB, but you would have disappeared had we made a run of it with Seneca Wallace.

Do you even get that with your post here you prove me 100% correct? Probably not.

bobblehead
11-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Its not your disgust that we take exception to, its the way you state it. You don't ever post, but the minute things are tough you come whining in. How about starting a thread specifying what is disgusting you. Why the team is bothering you. And try not to use over the top hyperbole like comparing them to the 70's pack.

We all love a little drama, but you're way over the top...and you are right, you don't need us to define your fandom, but if you make ridiculous statements, expect to get called out on it. Just my 2 cents.

Read my advice to you the first time. I didn't call you a tool because I thought you were wrong, I stated in another post we weren't likely to make the playoffs. I call you a tool because you still can't make an argument other than nananana boo boo. You simply whine for the sake of whining. Join in the discussion, but don't be a tool.

red
11-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Good post! Yet I gotta say that not even Two Face would do a coin flip on Packers reaching the playoffs; that isn't close to a fifty-fifty coin flip. :wink:

Does anyone have any links to any site with playoff %'s. Like what are our chances f making it at this point?

Is it like 5% or maybe 10%

I know both of the last two game were considered "must win" and we didn't win either

jklowan
11-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Read my advice to you the first time. I didn't call you a tool because I thought you were wrong, I stated in another post we weren't likely to make the playoffs. I call you a tool because you still can't make an argument other than nananana boo boo. You simply whine for the sake of whining. Join in the discussion, but don't be a tool.

Keep telling me what I would have done, you've proven to be great at your analysis so far. How's the two year old calling names now genius!!

Sorry I don't have 7500 posts I have a life, maybe you should try working on that.

I simply stated that this team was no fun to watch, they played with no heart, no explaination needed, sorry you might have been to busy posting to see it, it happens all the time to fanboys who live in mommies basement posting non stop in a chatroom

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Does anyone have any links to any site with playoff %'s. Like what are our chances f making it at this point?

Is it like 5% or maybe 10%

I know both of the last two game were considered "must win" and we didn't win either

I'd look for that come next Tuesday red.

There might be something on that note available after week 12.

bobblehead
11-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Keep telling me what I would have done, you've proven to be great at your analysis so far. How's the two year old calling names now genius!!

Sorry I don't have 7500 posts I have a life, maybe you should try working on that.

I simply stated that this team was no fun to watch, they played with no heart, no explaination needed, sorry you might have been to busy posting to see it, it happens all the time to fanboys who live in mommies basement posting non stop in a chatroom

Right, adversity hit, you ran to the internet to cry, and now you don't like the fact that I think you are stupid. I get it. REREAD my advice. Post something constructive, thoughtful and useful and I may treat you with more respect. Keep posting like a whiny 12 year old who broke a toy and I will continue to mock you.

woodbuck27
11-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Right, adversity hit, you ran to the internet to cry, and now you don't like the fact that I think you are stupid. I get it. REREAD my advice. Post something constructive, thoughtful and useful and I may treat you with more respect. Keep posting like a whiny 12 year old who broke a toy and I will continue to mock you.

Hey ..... your a Packerrat...' Higher Road '.

It's a win-win.

jklowan
11-30-2013, 09:02 PM

I'm a tool and your a douche, so I guess i'm in the right spot, exactly what keen observations have you brought here other than calling me out. I must have missed them. I am not crying simply stating a fact that this is not fun to watch, I do not mind the Packers getting beat, just the way this team does. I started this thread curious if any other fans felt the same, maybe your not needed here. Try and stay in the big brained analytical threads where you morons think your coming to some brilliant insights while chugging green or yellow coolaide.

woodbuck27
12-01-2013, 03:49 AM
I'm a tool and your a douche, so I guess i'm in the right spot, exactly what keen observations have you brought here other than calling me out. I must have missed them. I am not crying simply stating a fact that this is not fun to watch, I do not mind the Packers getting beat, just the way this team does. I started this thread curious if any other fans felt the same, maybe your not needed here. Try and stay in the big brained analytical threads where you morons think your coming to some brilliant insights while chugging green or yellow coolaide.

Hey... can't you chill?

bobblehead is merely suggesting that you post something constructive for the forum to read and possibly add in terms of discussion.

We get it and you .... down on the Packers. The Packers are in a rough patch. Shit happens but if your a Green Bay Packer fan you don't post to annoy here and not attract some negative attention. You post to inform and get in the conversation in terms of simply trying to figure things out.

That's your best course or expect...HEAT. Expect to need to handle that HEAT or drop out of the conversation.

We invite your input. Noone's going to run you out of here if your cool so again...try to chill out jklowan.

Maybe this !? There's a lot more to football than 'just' things Packers. Maybe try to enjoy the NFL in general.

Wait until the Green Bay Packers get back on the tracks.

Peace ! :idea:

bobblehead
12-01-2013, 07:04 AM

I don't chug the kool aid. I post realistic analysis. You are dead opposite of those that drink the kool aid, and I get on them as well. With you the sky is falling. The packers in the last 5 years have won a superbowl, gone 15-1, Made the playoffs every year Rodgers has started except for the first. We lose our franchise QB, his backup and are resorting to starting a practice squad guy and you come on here acting like the entire franchise is a joke.

It makes you look foolish and I am simply pointing it out. I am treating you like you are acting.

See what I did in the opening paragraph. I used facts and analysis to show you that the team is not all bad and you are over reacting. NOW....we can get back to civil if you show me the team in the NFL that is starting a practice squad (or once traded, twice cut) QB and is winning, or even competitive for that matter. The closest thing might be the Raiders....wow, I just said that.

I want more posters on packerrats. I don't want to bicker and fight. I simply want people who NEVER post, then come whining in without anything to contribute when things go bad for a stretch to try and post something worth reading instead of "TT is a joke, MM can't call plays, they all suck." Its simply not worth reading. So buck up, I would rather have you post more than 136 times in 7 years and contribute than fight with me. No, you don't need 7k posts, you can have 50. If they are good posts, I'll give you 50 positive reps.

For my part I won't be a dick anymore. Give me some content. Tell me what is/has been wrong (other than we don't have a great 4th string QB) and I'm thrilled to have another poster.

Pugger
12-01-2013, 10:53 AM
I don't chug the kool aid. I post realistic analysis. You are dead opposite of those that drink the kool aid, and I get on them as well. With you the sky is falling. The packers in the last 5 years have won a superbowl, gone 15-1, Made the playoffs every year Rodgers has started except for the first. We lose our franchise QB, his backup and are resorting to starting a practice squad guy and you come on here acting like the entire franchise is a joke.

It makes you look foolish and I am simply pointing it out. I am treating you like you are acting.

See what I did in the opening paragraph. I used facts and analysis to show you that the team is not all bad and you are over reacting. NOW....we can get back to civil if you show me the team in the NFL that is starting a practice squad (or once traded, twice cut) QB and is winning, or even competitive for that matter. The closest thing might be the Raiders....wow, I just said that.

I want more posters on packerrats. I don't want to bicker and fight. I simply want people who NEVER post, then come whining in without anything to contribute when things go bad for a stretch to try and post something worth reading instead of "TT is a joke, MM can't call plays, they all suck." Its simply not worth reading. So buck up, I would rather have you post more than 136 times in 7 years and contribute than fight with me. No, you don't need 7k posts, you can have 50. If they are good posts, I'll give you 50 positive reps.

For my part I won't be a dick anymore. Give me some content. Tell me what is/has been wrong (other than we don't have a great 4th string QB) and I'm thrilled to have another poster.

Why is that some fans can't see what is going on here? Like you said, no team is gonna win a lot of games without competent QB play. The Colts are a prime example. In 2011 they lost Manning and that team went right down the toilet with a 2-14 record. The following year they draft Luck and add a few players and then boom! They win their division with an 11-5 record. We all knew if we lost Rodgers for any length of time winning was gonna be tough. Unluckily for us we lost him and his vet backup so it shouldn't be any wonder we are reeling right now. All we have to do is get the best player in the league back under center and address some defensive issues and we'll be back terrorizing the league in 2014.

denverYooper
12-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Why is that some fans can't see what is going on here? Like you said, no team is gonna win a lot of games without competent QB play. The Colts are a prime example. In 2011 they lost Manning and that team went right down the toilet with a 2-14 record. The following year they draft Luck and add a few players and then boom! They win their division with an 11-5 record. We all knew if we lost Rodgers for any length of time winning was gonna be tough. Unluckily for us we lost him and his vet backup so it shouldn't be any wonder we are reeling right now. All we have to do is get the best player in the league back under center and address some defensive issues and we'll be back terrorizing the league in 2014.

The Colts are now struggling with Wayne gone for the season.

The 9ers were hemhorraging yards with Justin Smith out last year.

The difference between teams in the NFL is razor thin, sometimes just the loss of one elite (non QB) player changes everything.

Joemailman
12-01-2013, 12:00 PM

It's easy to forget where this team was at before Rodgers got hurt. They were 5-2, had won 4 in a row, and were facing the easiest 4 game stretch of their schedule. I believed they were going to be 9-2 going into Detroit, and I still believe that would have been the case if Rodgers had not gotten hurt.

That said, even with Rodgers, this defense prevents the Packers from being a Super Bowl contender. The defense is in a similar situation that they were in following the 2008 season. The defense in 2008 regressed, after an improved year in 2007, which had followed a poor year in 2006. I see the same thing here. A poor 2011, followed by an improved 2012, followed by a regression in 2013. MM rightly replaced Sanders following 2008. I think he needs to do the same with Capers now.

bobblehead
12-01-2013, 06:34 PM
It's easy to forget where this team was at before Rodgers got hurt. They were 5-2, had won 4 in a row, and were facing the easiest 4 game stretch of their schedule. I believed they were going to be 9-2 going into Detroit, and I still believe that would have been the case if Rodgers had not gotten hurt.

That said, even with Rodgers, this defense prevents the Packers from being a Super Bowl contender. The defense is in a similar situation that they were in following the 2008 season. The defense in 2008 regressed, after an improved year in 2007, which had followed a poor year in 2006. I see the same thing here. A poor 2011, followed by an improved 2012, followed by a regression in 2013. MM rightly replaced Sanders following 2008. I think he needs to do the same with Capers now.

I still think a lot of the problem is MM's generally even keeled manner (not soft). A defense needs fire and brimstone. Offense needs to be calm and cool. MM needs to hire a fiery defensive coordinator and give him reign.

I would rather have MM and his way as a head coach and a Jim Schwartz type asshole as a D coordinator, as opposed to the opposite, but we need that type of a defensive guy. If we had landed Greg Williams instead of Capers we might be winning our 5th superbowl this season.

jklowan
12-16-2013, 09:48 AM
We'll yesterday morning I funked up my back shoveling snow so I was stuck on the couch. I put on the game even though I was trying to stay away and the 1st half seemed to be more of the same Packers I have witnessed for the last 5 games or so, very frustrating.

Then what do you know, they decided to show some heart. I am really happy about the win and would have been okay with a loss due to the fact that the team showed heart and played like they gave a shit about winning again.

I give special props to both Lacy and Hawk, who through all of the terrible team play seemed to stand out as players who never quit. Hawk may turn out to be the DPOTY in my humble opinion, he just seems to be every where this year.

jklowan
12-16-2013, 09:58 AM
And that is DPOTY on the Packers Roster not league

Cleft Crusty
12-16-2013, 10:02 AM
And that is DPOTY on the Packers Roster not league

Not one single person reading your post thought you meant league-wide

channtheman
12-16-2013, 10:18 AM
Not one single person reading your post thought you meant league-wide

:lol: