PDA

View Full Version : Where did the running game go?

red
11-11-2013, 09:44 AM
early in the game yesterday lacy seemed to be running very well

but after halftime i didn't notice him so much. did we give up on the run? did they just stop the run?

i don't think we were ever down so far that we would just have to abandon the run all together

why did we go away from it when it was working?

and why the hell didn't starks get more carries? i can remember 2.

pbmax
11-11-2013, 09:52 AM
They were doing the pass rush twists on run downs that the Browns did. Packers countered that in the second half with the toss sweep.

Tolzien only intermittently made them pay for having a safety in the box and forcing the toss sweep as well.

Eagles also blitzed the A-gap relentlessly. Lang and the Guards weren't picking that up cleanly.

ThunderDan
11-11-2013, 10:23 AM
early in the game yesterday lacy seemed to be running very well

but after halftime i didn't notice him so much. did we give up on the run? did they just stop the run?

i don't think we were ever down so far that we would just have to abandon the run all together

why did we go away from it when it was working?

and why the hell didn't starks get more carries? i can remember 2.

Red, they ran a lot in the second half it just wasn't effective.

red
11-11-2013, 10:31 AM

then thats probably why i didn't notice it

Patler
11-11-2013, 10:37 AM

With 60% of the line different than it was at the start of the game, that isn't surprising.

The C-RG-RT combination of EDS - Lang - Barclay became Lang - Barclay/Taylor -Newhouse.

Patler
11-11-2013, 10:41 AM
It's bad enough when a single injury causes a two player switch. I think it is ridiculous when a single injury to EDS requires changing three positions.

red
11-11-2013, 10:46 AM
its sad when we're down to starting a TE at guard and a guy who clearly doesn't want to be on the field at RT

Pugger
11-11-2013, 11:06 AM
When you look at all of what happened yesterday it should be surprising we lost. :-( Our line was all messed up, our 3rd string QB just signed off the PS was forced to go in, our best defensive player was playing one handed and 2 more guys who just got back in the line-up re-injured themselves. My fear is we're gonna literally run out of guys to suit up.