PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Veterans!

denverYooper
11-11-2013, 11:47 AM
I don't have today off to ruminate on the Packers' woes and obsess over who is going to get fired. I have today off as a tribute to the servicemen and women who gave their time and lives to this country.

My sincerest thanks to all Rats who served!

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2013, 11:49 AM
I think it would be interesting to hear who actually has been in the military. Since we've had a voluntary military, a lot fewer people have done a stint.

Mad was briefly in a paramilitary organization, but I don't expect he'll want to talk about that. (Wrong side of the drug war. Well, I suppose "wrong" is a POV.)

red
11-11-2013, 12:49 PM
yup

THANKS VETS

Upnorth
11-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Canadian Army

MadtownPacker
11-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Many thanks to those that have served our country.

mmmdk
11-11-2013, 01:52 PM
I served...yet it was in Europe and ex-Yugoslavia. It wasn't really war in Croatia at the time but mostly checkpoints and camp. I had it easy compared to those who saw real combat; so no glory sought here.

But seriously...why don't you question your wars more? The easy answer is stupidity and yet the illusion of fight for "freedom" just doesn't cut it.

I do want to salute all those souls who served, the soldiers that fought for the guy next to you - those soldiers that really fought for their lives, their comrades in arms and their families. That's what it's all about; be it surviving in Fallujah or be it surviving in the suburbs of Detroit, suburbs where bleakness preveils and easy recruiting for the US army dwells.

mmmdk
11-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Many thanks to those that have served - I truely mean this.

My post above had some political elements yet it was true and sober. Yet I've just been blasted via pm and I had no intention to degrade the men and women who actually served - as I have yet to a much minor extend.

Also a salute to those who fell - especially to my grand father. His name was Thorkel Nielsen.

PS - Frack it, a salute to Kim Hansen as well. You're alive Kim but you paid the price when we returned home. It ain't fair.

Teamcheez1
11-11-2013, 02:20 PM
I served...yet it was in Europe and ex-Yugoslavia. It wasn't really war in Croatia at the time but mostly checkpoints and camp. I had it easy compared to those who saw real combat; so no glory sought here.

But seriously...why don't you question your wars more? The easy answer is stupidity and yet the illusion of fight for "freedom" just doesn't cut it.

I do want to salute all those souls who served, the soldiers that fought for the guy next to you - those soldiers that really fought for their lives, their comrades in arms and their families. That's what it's all about; be it surviving in Fallujah or be it surviving in the suburbs of Detroit, suburbs where bleakness preveils and easy recruiting for the US army dwells.

It's really insulting of you to make a backhanded compliment like this. Veteran's Day is to honor those who have served, not make political or social commentary.

mmmdk
11-11-2013, 02:27 PM
It's really insulting of you to make a backhanded compliment like this. Veteran's Day is to honor those who have served, not make political or social commentary.

Point taken.

woodbuck27
11-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Canadian Army

My father served in WW II as a member of one of the oldest batteries of The Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery. The pre-1855 volunteer battery formed in Saint John, New Brunswick in 1793 called the “Loyal Company of Artillery” that exists today as the 3rd Field Regiment, RCA.

Thank You Dad and all vet's that served and sacrificed to give us our freedom today.

ThunderDan
11-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Thank you vets for your service. I appreciate being the first generation in my family not to have to serve in the military.

Special shout out to my 7x Great Grandfather who fought in Col Alden's NY Regiment in the Revolutionary War.

Kiwon
11-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Freedom isn't free. It was purchased at great cost and personal sacrifice. God bless those who have gone before and those who serve or will serve in the various branches of today's volunteer Armed Forces. Special prayers and appreciation for families grieving the loss of a vet or caring daily for a wounded warrior. Those families need to be acknowledged and honored as well.

Critics, take your best shot, the United States of America is exceptional and remains a unique force for good in the world.

digitaldean
11-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Special thanks to those who served in the US, Canadian and NATO forces in service for their respective countries. Your service is what makes freedom so cherished.

digitaldean
11-11-2013, 10:32 PM

Teamcheez1, thumbs up to your comment. mmmdk, no offense, but kind of sad commentary to twist this solemn day for a political jab. You want to add your opinion, throw it another thread or FYI section.

Freak Out
11-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Happy Veterans Day!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/national/wp/2014/11/11/meet-americas-oldest-living-vet-he-smokes-cigars-does-yard-work-drives-and-drinks-whisky-and-hes-108/?hpid=z3

sooner6600
11-11-2014, 07:08 PM
A safe and sane veterans day to one and all.
USAf veteran.

Yasoux to mmmdpp.