Detroit at Pittsburgh, noon
Atlanta at Tampa Bay, noon
San Francisco at New Orleans, 3:25
Minnesota at Seattle, 3:25
Kansas City at Denver, 7:30

MONDAY, NOV. 18

New England at Carolina, 7:40

Open date: Dallas, St. Louis

The big game is Sunday night now that the Packers-Giants has been ditched. SF and NO is another big game.

Tonight's game features two teams coming off bad losses - Indy getting their asses handed them by the Rams, and Tennessee managing to lose to freaking Jacksonville.

denverYooper
11-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Interesting:

Brian Billick ‏@CoachBillick 55m
Denver has given up most explosive plays with 49 & has Toxic Diff of -7, ranked 24th in NFL. Compared to KC's Toxic Diff of +7, 7th in NFL.

Explosive plays = plays of 20+ yards.

Explosive plays aren't KC's game, though...

denverYooper
11-14-2013, 09:30 AM
FWIW, the Eagles are ranked 2nd in "toxic differential", mostly because they lead the league in 20+ yard plays by a huge margin (61, next closest is 45) :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281155/article/toxic-differential-favors-seattle-seahawks-philadelphia-eagles

Toxic differential is (takeaways - giveaways) + (20+ yard plays - 20+ yard plays allowed)

denverYooper
11-14-2013, 09:45 AM
"While statistics are interesting, they're all in the past." - Vince Lombardi

pbmax
11-14-2013, 10:21 AM

I wonder if Vince liked reading history.

KYPack
11-14-2013, 01:15 PM
I wonder if Vince liked reading history.

Vince was heavily into what can you do for me now, kinda guy.

woodbuck27
11-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Interesting:

Brian Billick ‏@CoachBillick 55m
Denver has given up most explosive plays with 49 & has Toxic Diff of -7, ranked 24th in NFL. Compared to KC's Toxic Diff of +7, 7th in NFL.

Explosive plays = plays of 20+ yards.

Explosive plays aren't KC's game, though...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&season=2013&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

With Peyton Manning's ankle and mobility a question mark and that RE: scoring against ... KC's top ranked 'D'. This is an intriguing game to call.

The above shows that the Denver Pass 'D' has given up 47 passing plays of 20+ yards compared to KC's 35.

Denver faces the NFL's best pass rush in KC with 36 SACKS Vs Denver's 26 SACKS.

Denver has 13 Picks Vs KC @ 12 Picks.

woodbuck27
11-14-2013, 02:34 PM

Thus Vegas setting it's line on the GIANTS as GIANTS -5 Pts.

woodbuck27
11-14-2013, 02:40 PM
FWIW, the Eagles are ranked 2nd in "toxic differential", mostly because they lead the league in 20+ yard plays by a huge margin (61, next closest is 45) :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000281155/article/toxic-differential-favors-seattle-seahawks-philadelphia-eagles

Toxic differential is (takeaways - giveaways) + (20+ yard plays - 20+ yard plays allowed)

That's information I missed last night on NFL.Com.

Thanks.

denverYooper
11-14-2013, 02:57 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=TEAM_PASSING&season=2013&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Go

With Peyton Manning's ankle and mobility a question mark and that RE: scoring against ... KC's top ranked 'D'. This is an intriguing game to call.

The above shows that the Denver Pass 'D' has given up 47 passing plays of 20+ yards compared to KC's 35.

Denver faces the NFL's best pass rush in KC with 36 SACKS Vs Denver's 26 SACKS.

Denver has 13 Picks Vs KC @ 12 Picks.

Manning's ankle is a big topic of discussion around here.

woodbuck27
11-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Manning's ankle is a big topic of discussion around here.

Yes. His not being fully active up until today was suspicious. He hates to miss practise and is always gung ho. He was out there working the first team at practise today, and by reports seemed A-OK and will play Vs KC Sunday night.

Taking that away the BRONCO's will have to maintain it's excellent performance at home to toss the Chiefs their first loss of the season. The Chiefs want respect.

A tough week for analysis over by far most of the matchups.

woodbuck27
11-15-2013, 06:48 AM
That TNG 30-27 Indy; was good to watch with another Indy comeback after Tennessee opened fast. Overall the game was entertaining and in a matter of speaking down to the wire. The Titans got a late TD after what might have been some too early celebration on the part of the Indy defense and got caught off guard. I thought that the onside kick following that TD was lame in terms of effort. A punch kick not even over the required 10 yards.

Andrew Luck is a solid leader. A terrific competitor and skilled/athletic.

I tried to make a play in the Pro Pickem laying one (1) CP on the Titans and it almost worked.

Struggling with that this year. :-D

denverYooper
11-15-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm really looking forward to the Chiefs-Broncos game on Sunday night. People around here are pretty sure the Broncos will win because they don't think the Smith-led Chefs can keep up. Maybe, but I see this as the strength on strength matchup that you don't often get in the regular season - Chiefs D vs. Broncos O. Maybe it's because I remember the high-powered GB offense running into a slugfest vs KC in their hot-rod year, I don't know, but I think this is going to be more difficult than Broncos fans realize.

Smart take by Barnwell here: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9979557/bill-barnwell-chiefs-broncos

The biggest reason some people don't take the 9-0 Chiefs seriously is pretty obvious: They've played a schedule of chumps. I can't say I disagree, especially after their three-game run against backup quarterbacks before the bye, but the gap in schedule strength between the Chiefs and Broncos is vastly overstated. Football Outsiders notes that the Chiefs have played the easiest schedule in football, with their average opponent at a DVOA of -17.7 percent, which is roughly like playing the Giants every week.

Do you know who is in second place by that measure? The Broncos! Per Football Outsiders, Denver's average opponent has posted a DVOA of -15.2 percent, which is just behind Kansas City. Football Outsiders has the Broncos as the better team — they top the league in DVOA while the Chiefs are currently eighth — but it's not necessarily because of K.C.'s schedule. Its numbers peg Denver's strength, offense, to be superior to Kansas City's strength, defense.

I like the Broncos better than any other team in the AFC, but not so much that I don't like to see them lose a few to keep local fan ego in check ;). And if they lose, I certainly don't spend much time thinking about why, as I am wont to do with Packers losses. That said, I'm just looking for a good Sunday night game for once. I'm taking Monday off for my daughter's birthday, so I can probably even have a few pops on Sunday night. I'm really hoping for a down-to-the-wire battle.

woodbuck27
11-15-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm really looking forward to the Chiefs-Broncos game on Sunday night. People around here are pretty sure the Broncos will win because they don't think the Smith-led Chefs can keep up. Maybe, but I see this as the strength on strength matchup that you don't often get in the regular season - Chiefs D vs. Broncos O. Maybe it's because I remember the high-powered GB offense running into a slugfest vs KC in their hot-rod year, I don't know, but I think this is going to be more difficult than Broncos fans realize.

Smart take by Barnwell here: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9979557/bill-barnwell-chiefs-broncos

I like the Broncos better than any other team in the AFC, but not so much that I don't like to see them lose a few to keep local fan ego in check ;). And if they lose, I certainly don't spend much time thinking about why, as I am wont to do with Packers losses. That said, I'm just looking for a good Sunday night game for once. I'm taking Monday off for my daughter's birthday, so I can probably even have a few pops on Sunday night. I'm really hoping for a down-to-the-wire battle.

So many solid match-ups remaining this week, led by:

1) KC @ Denver - SNF - Sunday 8:30 PM ET

2) NE @ Carolina - MNF - Monday 8:40 PM ET

3) San Fran @ NO - Sunday 4:25 PM ET

4) Green Bay @ NY GIANTS - Sunday 4:25 PM ET

5) Baltimore @ Chicago - Sunday 1 PM ET

6) Detroit @ Pittsburgh - Sunday 1 PM ET

GO PACKERS ... Win this game.

Cheesehead Craig
11-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Methinks Eric Walden will be getting an invoice for the league on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ3ZmQPiv_4

pbmax
11-15-2013, 11:16 AM
What a dope. Unfortunately, the Packers keep committing personal foul penalties for first downs even with him gone.

If I was a coach I would be cursing that every Monday during film. It would not be positive reinforcement.

"Look, what do we need here from kurt All-Pro OLB? We can't get off the field on third downs so he finds a third way to give up a first down. Late hit. Genius. Long hair must make you a Belichick level strategist."

pbmax
11-15-2013, 11:25 AM
In Defense of Walden:

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
It's too bad. The arrest, SF option play, headbutt, etc. keep distorting the solid player and respected teammate Erik Walden has been.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
Walden wasn't nearly as bad as social media would lead you to believe. RT @BrianCarriveau And by "solid," you mean "below average"?

I get the point, but if your list gets much longer it really doesn't matter much, does it?

Guiness
11-16-2013, 06:16 PM
Pryor rules out for this week-end, UDFA rookie McGloin with his first career start.

smh There's no way that team isn't better off with Flynn. I thought McKenzie would bring some intelligence to an organization that has lacked any for a decade or more, but I guess there's something in the water there.

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Steelers sporting the Killer Bee uniforms vs. Detroit.

red
11-17-2013, 12:23 PM
i'm watching the bears-ravens game waiting to see a tornado drop right down in the middle of that shithole stadium.

should start pouring any minute now

red
11-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Pryor rules out for this week-end, UDFA rookie McGloin with his first career start.

smh There's no way that team isn't better off with Flynn. I thought McKenzie would bring some intelligence to an organization that has lacked any for a decade or more, but I guess there's something in the water there.

Al's retarded kid is just as fucking nuts as al was

thats your problem

channtheman
11-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Steelers up 7-0 over Detroit while wearing some ass ugly uniforms. Ravens also up 7-0 over Bears right now.

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 12:26 PM
i'm watching the bears-ravens game waiting to see a tornado drop right down in the middle of that shithole stadium.

should start pouring any minute now

My niece is at the game. They were announcing evacuation plans an hour before the game.

channtheman
11-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Steelers up 14-0 over Detroit.

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 12:32 PM
I hope the Lions defense looks like this on Thanksgiving Day.

denverYooper
11-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Apparently the Lions can't cover Antonio Brown.

red
11-17-2013, 12:37 PM
bears game has been put on hold. players are leaving the field and fans were told to leave the stands

the clouds over soldiers field look like something out of ghost busters

this could be a long delay

red
11-17-2013, 01:06 PM
well, the lions and bears are both trying to keep green bay in the playoff hunt

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 01:11 PM
well, the lions and bears are both trying to keep green bay in the playoff hunt

It's still too early in those games. Bears are notorious for pulling games out of their ass and Detroit has been just as lucky this year. They'll win, don't worry.

red
11-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Calvin is single handedly bringing the lions back

i don't get how its so hard to be a coach or a QB in detroit. "ok guys, lets throw the ball up in the air near calvin, let him go grab it, then lets watch him go score"

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Jaguars have scored their first TD at home this season. It was so much fun they scored another one.

channtheman
11-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Jaguars have scored their first TD at home this season. It was so much fun they scored another one.

lol

channtheman
11-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Steelers blowing it. They will be down 31-20 before halftime.

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Steelers are falling apart at home.

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Megatron with 35 fantasy points at halftime. Steelers might want to consider giving Ike Taylor some help in the 2nd half.

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Riddle me this:

L. McCoy (Eagles) goes to the Locker room with a hamstring injury. Comes back and plays like nothing was wrong. Why can't our players do that? It's like once they go to the locker room, Packer players come back in street clothes or don't come back at all.

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Browns took a 13-0 1st quarter lead at Cincinnati. Bengals scored 31 straight in the 2nd quarter. Blocked a punt a fumble return for TD's.

denverYooper
11-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Steelers are falling apart at home.

Lotta fans dressed up like yellow seats there.

They just switched our Fox game from the Iggles/Skins. Looks like Stafford an Ben are competing to keep the other team in it.

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 02:56 PM
The divots are flying at Soldier Field.

denverYooper
11-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Stillers take the lead 30-27, driving 90-some-odd yards for a go-ahead TD. At least the Packers D isn't the only one that's failing in the 4th quarter these days.

Teamcheez1
11-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Lions offense hasn't scored a point in the second half.

red
11-17-2013, 03:24 PM
the lion just absolutely shit the bed with a huge chance to put some distance between them and us

channtheman
11-17-2013, 03:25 PM
the lion just absolutely shit the bed with a huge chance to put some distance between them and us

It ain't over yet. It is, but the Lions and Bears always find way to win games, in such BS fashion. We'll see what happens in the final 2 minutes.

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 03:26 PM
F'n fox just switched to the lions game, meaning i'm can't get the Packers game. Assholes!!!

red
11-17-2013, 06:31 PM
oh man

9ers just lucked out on the safety no-call

red
11-17-2013, 06:35 PM
ponder has just been benched in favor of cassell

cassell is the QB i would least want to face next week

red
11-17-2013, 07:32 PM
well its time to see just what kind of team the chiefs really are

i think this is the first game all year where they've played a team with a winning record

Teamcheez1
11-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Don't care who wins, just want to see Manning pummeled.

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 12:25 AM
It ain't over yet. It is, but the Lions and Bears always find way to win games, in such BS fashion. We'll see what happens in the final 2 minutes.

and the Bears did pull out their game in OT...23-20 over the Ravens. Robbie Goulds rather short kick just inside the uprights.

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 12:28 AM
ponder has just been benched in favor of cassell

cassell is the QB i would least want to face next week

I thought Cassel looked OK Vs the Lions.

It'll be interesting to see who MM elects to go with at QB Vs Minny. That Lion at Steelers loss was huge for us today.

pbmax
11-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
NFL now has announced Bucs S Dashon Goldson and Colts LB Erik Walden each suspended one game for violating safety rules.

Thought Walden might get two, but I think it was appropriate he got tossed for a game. Should have happened during the game though.

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Methinks Eric Walden will be getting an invoice for the league on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ3ZmQPiv_4

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1855700-erik-walden-reportedly-suspended-1-game-for-headbutt-on-delanie-walker

Erik Walden Suspended 1 Game for Headbutt on Delanie Walker

By: Tyler Conway ... (Featured Columnist) on November 18, 2013

red
11-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
NFL now has announced Bucs S Dashon Goldson and Colts LB Erik Walden each suspended one game for violating safety rules.

Thought Walden might get two, but I think it was appropriate he got tossed for a game. Should have happened during the game though.

i think the walden suspension is a bit light. the nfl is trying to crack down on hits to the head and general thuggishness.

here you have a guy rip another guys helmet off, then headbutt him. you bring the hammer down on this guy IMO

give the guy 4 games and settle on 2 after the appeal

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 09:23 PM
This MNF game is zipping right along. Carolina needs to draft offense next and this team will be a force. It's ridiculously talented defensively.

OK that was a nice drive by the Pat's to secure a 10-10 tie with Carolina to open the second half.

TD R.Gronkowski 9 yd. pass from T.Brady (S.Gostkowski kick is good) Drive: 8 plays, 80 yards in 4:29

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 09:58 PM
After Cam Newton doged four Pat's in the backfield to avoid being sacked he ran about 70 yards to make a 14 yard gain and a first down to keep a drive alive that ended in a nice passing TD to TE Greg Olsen.

Panthers 17- Pats 10

So Tom Brady goes back to work and runs his passing up to 23 for 26 and that drive is finished off with Steven Ridley rushing it in for the TD and extra point is made.

Pats 17 - Panthers 17

Tom Brady has completed 12 straight pass's. He's playing lights out right now.

The Pats continue their push and get a FG. Tom Brady 25/29 for 244 yards and 1 TD.

Pats 20 - Panthers 17

6:26 remaining in regulation.

S .Gostkowski 26 yd. Field Goal Drive: 9 plays, 31 yards in 4:29

It's so nice to see this game played as it can be.

SMBASS
11-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Interesting ending to the Carolina - Pats game. Obviously it would have been in our best interest for NE to win. The idiotic rules along with the completely crap, inconsistent officiating across the league are probably the two things that will eventually make me lose interest and stop watching the NFL someday. The way some of these games are called I sometimes can't help but wonder if it's the National Fixed League.

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 10:45 PM
What a MNF game as the Panthers pull it out 24-20 over the Pats.

A well played and exciting game with a terrific finish as the Pats moved the ball down into the Red Zone after receiving the KO and :59 sec. on the clock. Brady stood in their and took hits looking for open receivers in that drive. I really believed he would get that drive done.

Both QB's played great.

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Interesting ending to the Carolina - Pats game. Obviously it would have been in our best interest for NE to win. The idiotic rules along with the completely crap, inconsistent officiating across the league are probably the two things that will eventually make me lose interest and stop watching the NFL someday. The way some of these games are called I sometimes can't help but wonder if it's the National Fixed League.

NFL Officials are often so fricken stupid.

That offensive pass interference call on the Pats defender in the fourth quarter when it was obviously offensive interference blew me away. I was pissed. Sure you don't need to catch the ball. Simply run to a defender and paste yourself all over him.

The Officials tonight decided that they wanted to get out of that Carolina game and stadium ...... alive.

TravisWilliams23
11-19-2013, 08:54 AM
That last play was complete ball-less horseshit by the officials. One call PI and it sure as hell looked like the correct call but he was overruled by someone. The Pat's have every right to by pissed with that reversal. They might not have scored on the next play but they sure as hell should have been giving that chance. Maybe the league should allow 1 challenge per game on an official call or non-call. I won't hold my breath on that idea because it would make the zebra's look bad and the NFL can't have their official come under scrutiny.

woodbuck27
11-19-2013, 09:24 AM
That last play was complete ball-less horseshit by the officials. One call PI and it sure as hell looked like the correct call but he was overruled by someone. The Pat's have every right to by pissed with that reversal. They might not have scored on the next play but they sure as hell should have been giving that chance. Maybe the league should allow 1 challenge per game on an official call or non-call. I won't hold my breath on that idea because it would make the zebra's look bad and the NFL can't have their official come under scrutiny.

That's why the officiating in the NFL is sub par Vs all other pro Sports leagues.

You can't call you league the very best and have the quality of officiating that the NFL seems satisfied with.

Watching NFL games seriously isn't for anyone with high blood pressure.

denverYooper
11-19-2013, 09:34 AM
That's why the officiating in the NFL is sub par Vs all other pro Sports leagues.

You can't call you league the very best and have the quality of officiating that the NFL seems satisfied with.

Watching NFL games seriously isn't for anyone with high blood pressure.

I don't think it's subpar, it's just that officiating in the NFL has a lot more moving parts year-over-year. It's a moving target these days, especially with all of the new player safety rules getting glued on every year.

As far as the call under discussion, I didn't see it. My understanding is that one of the officials threw the flag on it but then was pulled into a conference with other officials where it was pointed out that the ball was uncatchable.