PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay 13-3

Partial
08-26-2006, 04:21 AM
414 Points Scored
305 Points Allowed

Loses come from Eagles, Seahawks and Dolphins.

Favre ends season wuth 94.4 rating, 30 TD to 11 INT, Completes 295 of 468 passes for a 63% ratio.

Ahman rushes for 2059 yards and 12 TD on 448 attempts averaging 4.2 yards per carry.

Driver gas 87 receptions for 1205 yards and 14 TDs.

KGB has 10 sacks, Hawk has 8, Kampman 6, Barnett 3

Carroll has 4 INT, Harris has 4 INT, Hawk, Barnett, Woodson all have 2, Collins and Manual 1 a piece

Raynor hit 31 of 42 for 72% with a long of 52 yards

Ryan had an average of 42.4 yards per punt

Offense ranked 7th in yards, 3rd in total offense
Defense ranked 19th in yards, 5th in points against at 19.0 per game
5th most efficient team on 3rd downs converting 118 of 247 attempts
Have 27 giveaways to 32 takeaways netting us 8th overall ranking of to margin

Reggie Bush wins o rookie of year, Derek Hagan second, and Chad Jackson 3rd, Marcedes Lewis 4th, Norwood 5th

Ernie sims wins d rookie of year with 11 sakcs, 1 fumble forced, 2 int. Hawk is second with 8 sakcs, 2 fumble forced, 2 int.

Brainerd
08-26-2006, 04:59 AM
Nice dream. Did you wakeup before the playoffs? :mrgreen:

AtlPackFan
08-26-2006, 05:53 AM
Your one of those "glass half full" guys, aren't ya. :wink:

BallHawk
08-26-2006, 07:52 AM

I'd say more a "glass overfilled" type of guy. :D The one thing that won't happen is DD getting 14 TDs. It's already been known that the rock is gonna be shared more around the other receivers. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jennings has more TDs than Donald. Donald is one of the best in the middle of the field, he can run his routes and always pick up solid yardage. In the red zone, I expect the pack to look to either run, or throw to taller targets kike Bubba, Lee, Gardner, or Martin,(If the last two, even make the team.) Donald will once again get 1200 yards plus, but don't expect his TD total to be higher than 8 or 9.

Bretsky
08-26-2006, 07:59 AM

I'd say more a "glass overfilled" type of guy. :D The one thing that won't happen is DD getting 14 TDs. It's already been known that the rock is gonna be shared more around the other receivers. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jennings has more TDs than Donald. Donald is one of the best in the middle of the field, he can run his routes and always pick up solid yardage. In the red zone, I expect the pack to look to either run, or throw to taller targets kike Bubba, Lee, Gardner, or Martin,(If the last two, even make the team.) Donald will once again get 1200 yards plus, but don't expect his TD total to be higher than 8 or 9.

Playing Devil's advocate, Donald Driver is the only Packer receiver besides Jennings who has the speed and ability to run a strong route w/ a little shake and bake and get open when the field is so smaller in the red zone.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if he has his first double digit TD year...........as long as there are healthy competent receivers around him so teams can't put their two best players on him like a good share of last year.

ahaha
08-26-2006, 08:19 AM
If the Packers go 13-3, I think either Hawk or Jennings will be rookie of the year.

ahaha
08-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Oh yeah, you forgot......Brett Favre wins his fourth MVP!!!!

red
08-26-2006, 08:36 AM
good partial, you are drinking

RashanGary
08-26-2006, 08:59 AM
I would be less surprised by 3-13 than I would by 13-3.

The Packers may be the second youngest team in the league. They are a few developmental years away. Rodgers will inherit a good young team. Favre will fishish his years through the growing pains.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-26-2006, 09:14 AM
I would be less surprised by 3-13 than I would by 13-3.

The Packers may be the second youngest team in the league. They are a few developmental years away. Rodgers will inherit a good young team. Favre will fishish his years through the growing pains.

If theres one thing I learned from watching favre for over 10 years, it's that with him you can always go at least 8-8. The reason we were 4-12 last year is not because we were that bad of a team, but because we had way to many injury's. Favre has never had that many injury's ever b4 in his career. Do you really think with Walker, Green, Franks, and ferg healthy on offense all year that last year we woundn't of went at least 8-8 with the D keeping us in most games?

This year we are just as good as a team as last year. If were alittle worse off on offense because of the loss of walker, were alittle better on D with the additions of woodson, Hawk, etc. If our key players stay healthy this year, I can't see why people don't think we can't go at least 8-8.

wist43
08-26-2006, 09:17 AM
I really don't need to say anything do I???

GBRulz
08-26-2006, 09:18 AM

LOL ! I was just thinking that myself!!! He's starting the birthday celebration a day early!

GBRulz
08-26-2006, 09:19 AM

that you were going to agree with partial? :wink:

oregonpackfan
08-26-2006, 09:30 AM
13-3? I would love it as a Packer fan but:

1. The Packers have a very young team. Rookies tend to make glaring, game-changing mistakes.

2. The Packers have a new coaching staff. It takes almost 2 years for a new head coach to adapt to the demands of the NFL.

I definitely believe the Packers will improve on last year's record but will most likely miss the playoffs.

OPF

GBRulz
08-26-2006, 09:42 AM
I agree about missing the playoffs, but I'd rather go into them going strong instead of squeaking in and getting blown out the first game. Typical Sherman era type scenario.

On the other hand, that is why losing against Philly and the whole 4th and 26th ordeal was so painful. We really had momentum that year.

esoxx
08-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Yes indeed. The Packers were 13-3 during their '96 Super Bowl season. Can history repeat itself for another 13-3 record 10 years later?

How you say in Spanish...."no"

Bretsky
08-26-2006, 10:53 AM
I agree about missing the playoffs, but I'd rather go into them going strong instead of squeaking in and getting blown out the first game. Typical Sherman era type scenario.

On the other hand, that is why losing against Philly and the whole 4th and 26th ordeal was so painful. We really had momentum that year.

Discussed this yesterday

4th and 26 has no meaning to me

4th and 1 was the nightmare; it was the defining moment of Sherman's coaching career in Green Bay.

Partial
08-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Do you guys honestly think I think that will happen? HELL NO. That was a madden simulation of our season.

How else would I pull all those stats up. Come on guys. We get 8 wins at best this year, y'all know me!

Partial
08-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I forgot to mention that Ahman Green won offensive player of the year and MVP.

Partial
08-26-2006, 11:22 AM

nope, if I was intoxicated I don't believe i'd be able to do all the math for the % and whatnot

Partial
08-26-2006, 11:23 AM

Playing Devil's advocate, Donald Driver is the only Packer receiver besides Jennings who has the speed and ability to run a strong route w/ a little shake and bake and get open when the field is so smaller in the red zone.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if he has his first double digit TD year...........as long as there are healthy competent receivers around him so teams can't put their two best players on him like a good share of last year.

Donald driver was the 3rd best receiver that season. The only ones above him? Reggie Wayne and Chris Chambers

Partial
08-26-2006, 11:23 AM
If the Packers go 13-3, I think either Hawk or Jennings will be rookie of the year.

Hawk was the runner up, Jennings wasn't anywhere to be seen. I started him and he had about 600 yards receiving on above 50 catches.

Partial
08-26-2006, 11:25 AM

Yes, I don't know how that happen. I set my playbook to be hardcore west coast. Bubba had a few TD receptions, but for the most part the other tight ends were invisible.

Partial
08-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Nice dream. Did you wakeup before the playoffs? :mrgreen:

Lost to the eagles in the NFC championship in Philly. Superbowl was Pennsylvania based

Partial
08-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Come on ladies and gents, give me some credit!

Zool
08-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Ha the whole time I was reading that, I thought "Partial is messing with people putting out Madden stats". Then about half way down.....HA

4and12to12and4
08-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Ahmad getting 2059 yards? My Lord, Partial, pass the pipe!!

Partial
08-26-2006, 12:09 PM

Terrell Davis did it, many other backs could have done it had they not split carries in the ZBS. Granted in the playbook there were some pulling guard stunts, I am assuming they stock with McCarthy's philosophies and ran zone runs.

Tarlam!
08-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Discussed this yesterday

4th and 1 was the nightmare; it was the defining moment of Sherman's coaching career in Green Bay.

Yup. This is how I have remembered it, too. 4th and 26 just reminds me of 4th and 1.

I still wake up in the middle of the night, sheets soaking in sweat over that....

Partial
08-26-2006, 01:40 PM
Discussed this yesterday

Yup. This is how I have remembered it, too. 4th and 26 just reminds me of 4th and 1.

I still wake up in the middle of the night, sheets soaking in sweat over that....

God I hated that moment. Awful, awful moment in the history of the Packers

BallHawk
08-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Was I the only one tha cried over that game. That is the one sports game I cried over. It was just so painfull.

MacCool606
08-26-2006, 02:29 PM
After the SD game I was thinking 3-13, after the Atlanta game I was thinking that 13-3, so on average, 8-8 sounds about right

GBRulz
08-26-2006, 03:12 PM
i didn't cry over Philly.....but I did when we lost the SB

SD GB fan
08-26-2006, 03:52 PM
its okay, with the youngest players and the cheapest coaches in the league 13-3 is INEVITABLE. :wink:

BallHawk
08-26-2006, 04:14 PM

I was to young to understand what was going on against Denver. The reason the Philly game hurt so much was that it felt like a season of destiny, and then it just came crashing down.

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 02:37 AM
I know nobody cares, but when we didn't rush for the TD, I wrote the words "Game Over" in my notebook. I sensed the game turned on that one play.

GBRulz
08-27-2006, 09:12 AM

I was to young to understand what was going on against Denver. The reason the Philly game hurt so much was that it felt like a season of destiny, and then it just came crashing down.

well against Denver we were EXPECTED to win. Our D decided not to show up that day and Holmgren couldn't remember which down it was. His mind was on Seattle, not the game. In a sense, another coaching mistake cost us a win there as well. Much like Sherm's not going for it on 4th and 1.

MJZiggy
08-27-2006, 04:13 PM
I know nobody cares, but when we didn't rush for the TD, I wrote the words "Game Over" in my notebook. I sensed the game turned on that one play.

What are you secretly Easterbrook or something?

Kiwon
08-27-2006, 08:38 PM
13-3 in the regular season, but what about the playoffs?

retailguy
08-27-2006, 09:42 PM

Terrell Davis did it, many other backs could have done it had they not split carries in the ZBS. Granted in the playbook there were some pulling guard stunts, I am assuming they stock with McCarthy's philosophies and ran zone runs.

Partial, if Ahman gets 1500 yards, I will be dancing in the streets. I will consider 1,000 yards a HUGE success with the serious injury he had.

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 09:47 PM

well against Denver we were EXPECTED to win. Our D decided not to show up that day and Holmgren couldn't remember which down it was. His mind was on Seattle, not the game. In a sense, another coaching mistake cost us a win there as well. Much like Sherm's not going for it on 4th and 1.

I don't blame Holmgren at all for that loss. I think he was very focused to end that season with a Super Bowl Win. I loved Fritz, but if you are going to throw darts at the coaching that game you should focus on the defense's inability to stop the run and/or make adjustments to stop the run. Shannahan's game plan owned our defense on that day.

B

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2006, 09:55 PM
I don't blame Holmgren at all for that loss. I think he was very focused to end that season with a Super Bowl Win. I loved Fritz, but if you are going to throw darts at the coaching that game you should focus on the defense's inability to stop the run and/or make adjustments to stop the run. Shannahan's game plan owned our defense on that day.

I tend to agree. I think the blame can be passed around. I think Holmgren could have ran Levens more because Denver wasn't stopping him. He could have had the same impact Terrell Davis had on the game. I don't really blame Fritz. Davis was awesome that year, and our defense just got old in a hurry. They were breaking down late in the year.

the_idle_threat
08-27-2006, 11:46 PM

What are you secretly Easterbrook or something?

:lol: I was wondering that too.

Bretsky
08-27-2006, 11:54 PM

I tend to agree. I think the blame can be passed around. I think Holmgren could have ran Levens more because Denver wasn't stopping him. He could have had the same impact Terrell Davis had on the game. I don't really blame Fritz. Davis was awesome that year, and our defense just got old in a hurry. They were breaking down late in the year.

IGNORING LEVINS in the 2nd half was a great coaching mistake.

Don't know if you ever heard some of the Denver interviews, but they said they changed their running alignments for the Green Bay game and all the sets where they use to run left in they flipped and vise versa; stated the Packers seemed unprepared for it. Probably all nonsense, but as bad as that run D looked that day I still have to wonder.

Partial
08-28-2006, 12:42 AM

Partial, if Ahman gets 1500 yards, I will be dancing in the streets. I will consider 1,000 yards a HUGE success with the serious injury he had.

I will too. I think he'll be splitting carries too much to reach that margin, though. I posted video game stats and played devil's advocate attempting to justify them to all of you

woodbuck27
08-28-2006, 12:57 AM

Wondering how many season's it will be before YOU cheer wist43? :mrgreen:

PACKERS ! FAITH in OUR FUTURE !!

prsnfoto
08-28-2006, 02:25 PM

Discussed this yesterday

B you are the man I have been telling all my buddies this ever since going for it when we could've put points on the board remember that 4th and one earlier in the game? then not going for it to have the ability to run out the clock and win the game defines Sherman he was not related to the civil war general. Everyone likes to bring up the 4th and 26 and trolls like to rub in Brett's Int but neither should have ever happened and would'nt have unless Sherman or maybe Ray Rhodes is your coach.

Partial
08-28-2006, 02:36 PM
speaking of civil war, what ever happened to that guy? The moss mooning guy with the civil war pics?

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-28-2006, 02:41 PM
But you guys forget that sherman did go for it on 4and 1 and goal and missed. I do believe he should of went for it anyhow, considering the fact we only got 15 yards net off the punt, but maybe that failed attempt scared sherman in going for it again. If we missed that 4th and 1, the ball would have been close to the 40 and philly was only down by 3. Those who say 4th and 1 caused the game are wrong because no way in hell should you give up a 4th and 26!!!!!!!!!!!

If I was coaching and I had the chioce b/w going for it on 4th and 1 and maybe giving it at the 40 or punt and maybe pinning them inside the 10 with only a minute left, I would punt. If you have a good punt, philly needs to go 60 yards, and if you miss 4th and 1, philly only needs 30.

Either way, it was a tough choice. And sherman didn't make that many bad choices, the players just didn't make the plays. 4th and one and goal was on the players and so was the bad punt and so was 4th and 26.