PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs Giants game day thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

channtheman
11-17-2013, 09:06 AM
This could be a rookie mistake, but I figure after being here for nearly 6 years, I can start my first game day thread, and lead the Packers out of this midseason slump.

Eli Manning has been bad this year, throwing 16 INT's. However, in the Giants recent 3 game winning streak, he has thrown just one. That said, the Giants have beaten 3 bad teams in the Vikings, Eagles (what does that make us if we couldn't beat them at home!), and the Raiders.

In New York, this will be a tough one. One I don't have a lot of confidence in. I think this will definitely come down to the defense. If they could not only get a few turnovers, but maybe even score a TD, and the offense doesn't sputter in the red zone this week, I think we have a decent shot. Tolzien getting reps all week should help him after Seneca Wallace wasted last weeks reps by hurting his "groin."

As for our divisional race, if we can somehow win today, we can never count out the ability of the Lions and Bears to fall off late in the season. If we can win 10 games, that might be enough to win the NFC North.

So I say to fellow packer rats, make your obligatory post, have the beer at the ready, and lets win this fucking game!

red
11-17-2013, 09:10 AM
gag

it feels like a choir having to sit here and watched todays game

and no, you're not stepping on any toes by starting the thread, someone usually has to just step up and bite the bullet . you stepped up before some of the others started bitching that there is no game thread

KalamazooPackerFan
11-17-2013, 09:13 AM
This could be a rookie mistake, but I figure after being here for nearly 6 years, I can start my first game day thread, and lead the Packers out of this midseason slump.

Eli Manning has been bad this year, throwing 16 INT's. However, in the Giants recent 3 game winning streak, he has thrown just one. That said, the Giants have beaten 3 bad teams in the Vikings, Eagles (what does that make us if we couldn't beat them at home!), and the Raiders.

In New York, this will be a tough one. One I don't have a lot of confidence in. I think this will definitely come down to the defense. If they could not only get a few turnovers, but maybe even score a TD, and the offense doesn't sputter in the red zone this week, I think we have a decent shot. Tolzien getting reps all week should help him after Seneca Wallace wasted last weeks reps by hurting his "groin."

As for our divisional race, if we can somehow win today, we can never count out the ability of the Lions and Bears to fall off late in the season. If we can win 10 games, that might be enough to win the NFC North.

So I say to fellow packer rats, make your obligatory post, have the beer at the ready, and lets win this fucking game!

Right on!

Bretsky
11-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks for stepping up Channelman ! I tink Joe suggestee me giving it a try but hisorically I'm not effective until we have little to no hope....so it mightbe a bit early :)
With that being said, last week I noted that I expected a loss and I do this week as well. GB needs to win the turnover battle but this yr our defense is not getting turnovers.

denverYooper
11-17-2013, 09:20 AM
The Giants are a potential slumpbuster. They look hot after a few drinks and maybe bending them over can get the Pack back on track but no one's going to run around bragging about it until they reel off a few in a row.

Fritz
11-17-2013, 09:58 AM
The Giants are a potential slumpbuster. They look hot after a few drinks and maybe bending them over can get the Pack back on track but no one's going to run around bragging about it until they reel off a few in a row.

Scoring touchdowns since Rodgers has been out has been agonizingly difficult. The defense, the defense the defense. They've got to step it up - stop the Gints, get a couple turnovers.

I'm still deeply disappointed in this defense the last two weeks. They seemed to be coming together,. That thing where they are all buying in, every guy does his job, and they stop people. But now, they look like 2011 again, every guy doing his own thing and everybody looking like a goddamn Keystone Kop.

I'm thinking Dom has to game plan to beat the band, and MM has to get the defense to execute. Dom's not going to inspire anyone to approach this game from the proper persepective - he teaches so well and game plans well enough, but he doesn't seem to be able to get a defense to execute consistently over time.

It's all on the defense, as I expect Tolzien and company to be able to put up no more than 20 points.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Greg Punzo's twitter account and http://feed2all.eu are most likely committing some kind of crime by posting these links.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 10:03 AM
I expect the defense to improve over the previous couple of weeks. G-men can't run well and so the Packers might not have the 4th Quarter performance problem again. Matthews will be better.

But they will throw deep and they will hit something. And that means they will score. And that means Tolzien has to convert in the red zone. Its going to be tough.

In a squeaker, Packers 24 Giants 23.

red
11-17-2013, 10:04 AM
does matt flynn see the field today?

and if so, when?

Fritz
11-17-2013, 10:07 AM
He'll see the field because - the type of season it's been - Tolzien will get hurt.

How about Davon House stepping up his game today? And can Burnett please remove his head from his ass for a few hours today, since we have only the ghost of Charlie Peprah/ Marques Manuel/Antwan Edwards/The third-round-guy-from-UCLA-who-was-a-literature-major at the other safety spot?

And for god's sake will someone (legally) hit Eli today?

KYPack
11-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Thx, Channtheman.

Red, don't jinx us!

red
11-17-2013, 10:12 AM
He'll see the field because - the type of season it's been - Tolzien will get hurt.

How about Davon House stepping up his game today? And can Burnett please remove his head from his ass for a few hours today, since we have only the ghost of Charlie Peprah/ Marques Manuel/Antwan Edwards/The third-round-guy-from-UCLA-who-was-a-literature-major at the other safety spot?

And for god's sake will someone (legally) hit Eli today?

think this is the third week in a row where we lose our starting QB on the first drive?

that would have to be some kind of record

and i would be happy if it was an illegal hit on eli. at this point we can't be too picky. take any kind of QB hit we can get. even if it's 5 seconds after the ball is thrown

channtheman
11-17-2013, 10:27 AM
You guys are correct that Eli will beat us deep. I predict at least 2 TD's on 50+ yard passes. The defense HAS to equalize that with a pick six. Going to be a tough one, especially since the D rarely forces turnovers.

King Friday
11-17-2013, 10:42 AM
I think the defense steps up today. They've been embarrassed twice in row. They got the shit kicked out of them all week...on the practice field, in the film rooms, in meetings. Those SOBs better be ready to come out and punch someone in the mouth. There is too much talent on this defense to be so mediocre in creating turnovers. The Giants are just the kind of team that could help this Packer defense get back some needed confidence. You get pressure on Eli, and all sorts of crap can happen.

Offensively...ugh. 8 man fronts are a kick to the gut when you know you can't pass the damn ball. While I love Lacy, we need to see more of Franklin IMO. We need some speed out of the backfield to get to the edges on both runs and passes, and someone who is going to make defenders miss and potentially break a big play. You can't expect Lacy to carry 25+ times effectively when the defense knows he's going to be the primary weapon and you have a Badger QB not named Wilson under center.

bobblehead
11-17-2013, 10:55 AM

I usually don't brag even after a few slumpbusters, but I crow the minute I tap an 8 or better.

bobblehead
11-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Scoring touchdowns since Rodgers has been out has been agonizingly difficult. The defense, the defense the defense. They've got to step it up - stop the Gints, get a couple turnovers.

I'm still deeply disappointed in this defense the last two weeks. They seemed to be coming together,. That thing where they are all buying in, every guy does his job, and they stop people. But now, they look like 2011 again, every guy doing his own thing and everybody looking like a goddamn Keystone Kop.

I'm thinking Dom has to game plan to beat the band, and MM has to get the defense to execute. Dom's not going to inspire anyone to approach this game from the proper persepective - he teaches so well and game plans well enough, but he doesn't seem to be able to get a defense to execute consistently over time.

It's all on the defense, as I expect Tolzien and company to be able to put up no more than 20 points.

This situation bodes well for the D. I always like them better when they play to win instead of playing to let the offense win. I expect balls out chaotic play. Blitzes, gambles, etc. Generally they have played better this way under Dom.

George Cumby
11-17-2013, 10:59 AM
M3's teams seem to play best when backed into a corner.

The same goes for Grumpy's Giants.

Eli > Tolzien/Flynn

I lack faith in this team.

Giants win, 27-17

bobblehead
11-17-2013, 11:01 AM
does matt flynn see the field today?

and if so, when?

I don't know what to think of Flynn, but I will say this. The Flynn that left GB would thrive in this offense. He was awesome at identifying the single coverage and attacking it deep. In a game where the G Men will load the LOS to stop the run Flynn would have excelled...I just don't know if he is the same guy anymore.

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-17-2013, 11:14 AM

I don't think beer will be enough today...

CaptainKickass
11-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Obligatory game day post.

KYPack
11-17-2013, 11:17 AM
I don't think beer will be enough today...

I'm trying to decide btw CC and Bacardi myself.

bobblehead
11-17-2013, 11:21 AM

Obligatory reply...I think I haven't done that in awhile...It might be the reason we are losing is me disrespecting the captain.

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 11:41 AM

Thanks Captain.

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm trying to decide btw CC and Bacardi myself.

Figured you for some good Kentucky Bourbon.

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Simple Plan:
1. Avoid turnovers on offense
2. Create turnovers on defense
3. Make Eli uncomfortable as possible - need a pass rush
4. Secondary to get their head out of their ass, cover their guy/area and be physical with the opposing receivers

This team has the talent to accomplish all four items above, I'm sure of it, I'm not a homer. I just don't understand why they haven't.

Unfortunately, because of the dreadful play the last two weeks, I just don't see this team beating this Giants team. Eli is going to light this secondary up. I doubt the Giants run the ball more than 15 times the entire game - why should they, our secondary is dreadful. Furthermore, if we get a stop, we'll get nailed for some BS penalty.

The Packers have to play perfect today in order to get a win and that's just not possible, especially this year. 5-5 after today....bet on it.

denverYooper
11-17-2013, 12:17 PM
You guys are correct that Eli will beat us deep. I predict at least 2 TD's on 50+ yard passes. The defense HAS to equalize that with a pick six. Going to be a tough one, especially since the D rarely forces turnovers.

I'm on board with the idea that they'll probably get beat deep at least twice and that they will need to get at least one back.

red
11-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Simple Plan:
1. Avoid turnovers on offense
2. Create turnovers on defense
3. Make Eli uncomfortable as possible - need a pass rush
4. Secondary to get their head out of their ass, cover their guy/area and be physical with the opposing receivers

This team has the talent to accomplish all four items above, I'm sure of it, I'm not a homer. I just don't understand why they haven't.

Unfortunately, because of the dreadful play the last two weeks, I just don't see this team beating this Giants team. Eli is going to light this secondary up. I doubt the Giants run the ball more than 15 times the entire game - why should they, our secondary is dreadful. Furthermore, if we get a stop, we'll get nailed for some BS penalty.

The Packers have to play perfect today in order to get a win and that's just not possible, especially this year. 5-5 after today....bet on it.

i don't see any of those 4 things happening today

1. i'm thinking the over/under on tolzien turnovers today is 2. and i's take the over on that action all day
2. our D is averaging about .2 takeaways per game. its like saying you think its gonna rain gold today. sure theres a slim chance it could happen, but its a slim chance
3. see #2 above
4. LOL, yeah thats's not happening

it would be nice for those 4 things to happen, but i'm not expecting an overnight miracle to happen here.

CaptainKickass
11-17-2013, 01:53 PM
i don't see any of those 4 things happening today

1. i'm thinking the over/under on tolzien turnovers today is 2. and i's take the over on that action all day
2. our D is averaging about .2 takeaways per game. its like saying you think its gonna rain gold today. sure theres a slim chance it could happen, but its a slim chance
3. see #2 above
4. LOL, yeah thats's not happening

it would be nice for those 4 things to happen, but i'm not expecting an overnight miracle to happen here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flv5nWZgII

Harlan Huckleby
11-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Shields and Barclay inactive. Not good.

Harlan Huckleby
11-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Shields and Heywood might be their top two corners.

red
11-17-2013, 02:11 PM
well what the hell is wrong with shields?

hamstring?

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Shields and Barclay inactive. Not good.

Ha Ha, OH, it just keeps getting better. This fucking hamstring epidemic is getting REGODDAMNDICULOUS!

Wait, let me guess, Hawk, B. Jones and Lattimore are out too because they all went and got pedicures yesterday and their feet are still sore.

Oh J. Jones and Nelson will be out too because they got massages and their shoulders hurt.

THIS TEAM IS SOFT!

MJZiggy
11-17-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm trying to decide btw CC and Bacardi myself.Tequila.

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm going to do something I don't do during Packer games...drink. Shields out? This game is going to be funny as hell watching Williams and House cover Cruz and Nicks.

Oh and watching Bush play 5 yards off whatever receiver he decides to try and cover.

denverYooper
11-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 39s

#Packers OLB Clay Matthews on field for warmup. His cast does indeed allow four fingers to be free. Wraps around right thumb.

CaptainKickass
11-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Tequila.

Well,

It does have it's own theme song after all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H6amDbAwlY

channtheman
11-17-2013, 02:48 PM
well what the hell is wrong with shields?

hamstring?

shoestring. couldn't get his shoes tied

channtheman
11-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 39s

#Packers OLB Clay Matthews on field for warmup. His cast does indeed allow four fingers to be free. Wraps around right thumb.

I thought I read somewhere that Clay was going to be cast less today.

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 02:56 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Clay was going to be cast less today.

Clubless. Not castless.

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 03:10 PM
At least we don't have to listen to Buck and Suck. So we have that going for us...which is nice.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 03:27 PM
That play, catch by RB after flushing the QB is exactly what this team allows.

Doesn't hit the QB even after flush and no one can catch the RB to tackle him.

channtheman
11-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Clubless. Not castless.

Ahh, you are correct. I got my casts mixed up with my clubs. :P

channtheman
11-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Williams with a nice tackle on 2nd and 10.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Eli Manning scrambles for 13 away from Matthews.

Unbelievable.

However, Bush and Williams each had nice tackles to prevent gains

pbmax
11-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Giants safety read that run the entire way

pbmax
11-17-2013, 03:34 PM
EDS with fantastic whiff.

Bossman641
Eds whiff

channtheman
Interesting tactic by the Packers. See if we can sneak an extra guy on the field and have an entire player advantage.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 03:35 PM
3 penalties so far.

Rutnstrut
SLOPPY!!!!

Bossman641
Great start guys.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Two worst special teams in the League and Packers allow a 32 yd return.

channtheman
This drive was pretty frustrating to watch. Plain ugly. Hopefully we can get it going later in the game. Missed tackles like crazy on the punt.

KalamazooPackerFan
Packers look like they are just waiting the for the offense or returner to run to them!

pittstang5
Just got the game....ugh, already a 3 and out and then sp teams doing what they do. Time for a drink!

Teamcheez1
11-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Slow start to this game. Don't have a good feeling so far.

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Yuck...

Bretsky
11-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Two worst special teams in the League and Packers allow a 32 yd return.

FIRE SLOCUM

pbmax
11-17-2013, 03:39 PM
All day LONG in the pocket for Maning. And that is with a ILB cross blitz. Jones gets picked off by RB

KalamazooPackerFan
11-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Middle of the field all day every day.

red
2nd and 20, we play prevent d and allow 15

LOVE IT

pittstang5
I just don't get it...Receivers are always open.

pbmax
Anyone else get the sense that the Giants know the Packer defense better than the Packers do?

Bretsky
It's 3rd and 12 and the Packers call an ineffective and ez to read WR screen

I sensed massivelly profane words coming out of Red's mouth as a bottle of Captains was hurled at the walls to who his excitement with the call

Rutnstrut
11-17-2013, 03:41 PM
This defense SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

channtheman
How did I instantly know that was Hawk's helmet on the ground?

Teamcheez1
The defense has no idea what they are doing out there.

pbmax
2nd and 20, we play prevent d and allow 15

LOVE IT

That wasn't a prevent it was Burnett being slow to react.

On 3rd down, Hawk got spun around on a weak hold and Daniels stunted his way out of the hole.

Bretsky
11-17-2013, 03:43 PM
nice

Rutnstrut
Boy that Dom Capers is a genius, best D coord around.

channtheman
This defense fucking sucks. It's amazing how much Rodgers carried this team on offense.

pbmax
2 deep safeties and neither gets near the TE. Hyde is too shallow to force a tougher throw.

Bretsky
Boy that Dom Capers is a genius, best D coord around.

Who said that ???

pittstang5
So I waited all day to watch this shit. Too bad it's close to dark here or I'd go out and rake some leaves or something. Pathetic,

Teamcheez1
Do we have any safeties that can make a play in the secondary?

Tony Oday
11-17-2013, 03:44 PM
There is your dagger.

oldbutnotdeadyet
Fire the defense!!!!

red
hawk losses his helmet for the 5th game in a row but still makes the tackle

at least we have one non pussy on the team

well, a long TD over the middle. imagine that

well fat mike, you were pissed after last weeks game and said things were gonna change in the morning. I've watched about 6 plays so far, and i've seen all of the same problems already that i saw last week

way to get that fixed

if you can't fix the many major problems we have every single game, then maybe we need to bring in someone who can

channtheman
11-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Who said that ???

An announcer was saying something early on how great Dom was at getting pressure on the QB, etc.

pbmax

I sensed massivelly profane words coming out of Red's mouth as a bottle of Captains was hurled at the walls to who his excitement with the call

His first look was middle or right but he came off it to other side. Not sure if it was decoy or legit though.

Teamcheez1
The only thing that has stopped the Giants so far is their penalties. We can't make a play to save our lives.

oldbutnotdeadyet
Fire MM!!!!

TravisWilliams23
Same shit every freakin' week. This has gotten old. Someone has to be accountable for this cluster.

channtheman
There is your dagger.

LMAO :lol:

pittstang5
Well, best thing that can happen out of all this is Capers and some other coaches are let go, at worst at the end of the season. No way Capers makes it out of this season with a job with the Packers.

red
11-17-2013, 03:46 PM
ARRON RODGERS FOR MVP?

only player in history that can make both his offense and the defense somehow better by being in uniform

Joemailman
Offense, defense and special teams all looking equally bad. Nothink like team work. But it's still early. :-)

pittstang5
Do we have any safeties that can make a play in the secondary?

Nope

pbmax
11-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Well, best thing that can happen out of all this is Capers and some other coaches are let go, at worst at the end of the season. No way Capers makes it out of this season with a job with the Packers.

Its not just Capers, its the coaches. The scheme was there. Hyde should be trailing that TE closely forcing a throw over the top, allowing time for a safety to converge.

But that guy is NEVER deep enough and the safeties never get there is time.

Coaching or players? Gotta be both at this point.

Rutnstrut
hawk losses his helmet for the 5th game in a row but still makes the tackle

at least we have one non pussy on the team

well, a long TD over the middle. imagine that

well fat mike, you were pissed after last weeks game and said things were gonna change in the morning. I've watched about 6 plays so far, and i've seen all of the same problems already that i saw last week

way to get that fixed

if you can't fix the many major problems we have every single game, then maybe we need to bring in someone who can

I agree, stubby is unwilling to do anything so kick his worthless, over rated ass out the door.

oldbutnotdeadyet
Do we have anybody who can make a play??

channtheman
11-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Anyone else getting tired of run run pass?

Bretsky
11-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Tolzien put into another 3rd down

channtheman
11-17-2013, 03:49 PM
I should make an edit. run run pass punt.

red

Fox wanted to make sure that we saw all the lions and steelers shake hands and then make it safely back to the locker room before they switched over to the packer game already in progress

oldbutnotdeadyet
I wonder if that run run pass is fooling the giants?

Bretsky
gosh did that defender ever take his hands offf of Jones ?

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Run, run, pass. 3 and out.

Teamcheez1
Run, Run, Pass, Punt
Run, Run, Pass, Punt

The MM playbook today.

red
well there's the first "should have been" int thrown by tolzien that i've seen.

how many did he have on the first series?

pbmax
11-17-2013, 03:51 PM
gosh did that defender ever take his hands offf of Jones ?

Nope.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 03:52 PM
well there's the first "should have been" int thrown by tolzien that i've seen.

how many did he have on the first series?

None. Looked right and threw WR screen left.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Another TE dead wide open in middle of field on RB pass drop on second down

channtheman
11-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Eli missed the wide open free released TE. I have a feeling that guy will be open all day long in the 10-15 yard range. Hopefully Eli doesn't see him today.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Unbelieveable

channtheman
Seriously this defense. How the fuck is the NFL allowing this shit on the field?

pbmax
Nice close and tackle by Jones.

Bossman641
Every fucking time

Teamcheez1
11-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Why do the Giants even run the ball? I would throw every down against this defense.

channtheman
Quickest whistle ever. Have you ever seen a ref blow a whistle the instant the guy is hit?

oldbutnotdeadyet
Pathetic, just pathetic...

pbmax
Pressure worked that time.

red
WHY THE FUCK, IS CLAY COVERING CRUZ?

red
LOL

fuck us

and fuck this team

channtheman
11-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Short. But close enough to potentially go for it. Where are they on the field?

pbmax
Nice tackle by Hyde.

oldbutnotdeadyet
We have a shot if Giants keep dropping the ball. Well, mayne not...

channtheman
Just give em the first down. LMAO. This fucking defense. This is just ridiculous.

pbmax
What was that?

Teamcheez1
11-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Moving the ball at will. This game will be over by halftime.

pbmax
Raji hit the dirt and Jones couldn't shake his block. One arm tackle won't work on Jacobs.

Wiliams with a nice tackle. Well, he might not be able to cover but he can blitz and tackle now.

red
boy, raji just earned all of that next contract on that 3rd down stuff

my bad, he was face first on the ground with the guy having to step over him

channtheman
11-17-2013, 03:58 PM
So we have 6 plays for what like 7 yards in the first quarter? Defense doesn't miss a beat and continues to be awful. Even the Giants have a good running game against us.

Rutnstrut
11-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Is anyone else getting static and cutting out of the game on TV?

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Too much booze, I am having flashbacks to the 80's...

pbmax
11-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Local station was in standard def after having an interruption right at the beginning of the game. HD came back 5 minutes after that. Been OK since.

red
11-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Is anyone else getting static and cutting out of the game on TV?

no

but, you're lucky

red
11-17-2013, 04:01 PM
3rd and 10

i'm guessing TD here

channtheman
no

but, you're lucky

Comedic gold right there. :lol:

Rutnstrut
no

but, you're lucky

The way this game is going already, you may be right.

channtheman
Please kick the field goal. Thank you Coughlin.

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Do the Packers safeties ever make plays before the ball is caught?

red
11-17-2013, 04:03 PM
WHOOP

hooray for small victories

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::w ave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wav e::wave:

pbmax
11-17-2013, 04:03 PM
There was a train of thought in previous years that Capers was over-mad scientist thinking this defense and causing confusion.

That is not the case this year. Players are just not getting to where they need to be.

Both pass rush and coverage.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Do the Packers safeties ever make plays before the ball is caught?

No.

Teamcheez1
I don't think we have broken up a single pass in this game yet. We've managed to make some tackles, but we haven't made a play on the ball yet.

Guiness
gag

it feels like a choir having to sit here and watched todays game

and no, you're not stepping on any toes by starting the thread, someone usually has to just step up and bite the bullet . you stepped up before some of the others started bitching that there is no game thread

Your spelling mistakes today are epic red. What time did you start at? Mixing whisky and painkillers again?

channtheman
11-17-2013, 04:05 PM
How much you guys wanna bet we run on first down again? Then on 2nd and 5 we run again? Then we pass on 3rd and 5?

pbmax
Slocum has to go. Giants are terrible at Special Teams and he just put three Giants in front of his returner.

red
how many times have we taken the ball out of the endzone this year and failed to get back to the 20?

its a high number

Bossman641
Anybody know our longest kr? Have we reached the 35 once?

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 04:06 PM
When's the draft?

oldbutnotdeadyet
A lot of people have to go...

Teamcheez1
how many times have we taken the ball out of the endzone this year and failed to get back to the 20?

its a high number

Announcers said worst kick-off return game in the league.

red
Your spelling mistakes today are epic red. What time did you start at? Mixing whisky and painkillers again?

i think i was just waking up

brain takes a few hours to get cranking up to its usual slow speed

i'm borderline retarded for the first couple hours of the morning

pittstang5
Announcers said worst kick-off return game in the league.

I believe that

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Ah, dropped passes. Next up, Int. for TD

channtheman
There ya go, we can throw downfield too.

pbmax
Have to use Starks and run zone because Giants have figured out Lacy's playbook.

Nice throw.

red
11-17-2013, 04:08 PM
hey tolzien completed a pass

lets all bask in his greatness

channtheman

its a high number

Perhaps, every return?

KalamazooPackerFan
Okay!

pbmax
Starks is in and we have two big passes. I claim omniscience.

Rutnstrut
Holy shit two in a row.

Bossman641
There we go. Just chuck it

King Friday
11-17-2013, 04:09 PM
hey tolzien completed a pass

Make that two.

At least he wasn't basking.

Guiness
Who's at center? That was a bad shotgun snap on the completion to Jordy.

Nice play action throw on the next play to Jones. Pretty handsy DB there.

pbmax
You gotta run zone stretch for Starks.

channtheman
Don't you guys just fucking love this bit?

MM feels comfortable opening up the entire playbook for Tolzien.

SO, our first 2 series are complete fucking pussy calls, run run shit pass. Finally, he opens it up and we move the ball downfield.

King Friday
seems like this is where we go into stall mode.

red
Have to use Starks and run zone because Giants have figured out Lacy's playbook.

Nice throw.

there you go smart ass. how's that work out for you?

red
11-17-2013, 04:10 PM
need to go the other way guys

pittstang5
Why are we running it twice. FGs are not going to win this. C'mon Off.

pbmax
Who's at center? That was a bad shotgun snap on the completion to Jordy.

Nice play action throw on the next play to Jones. Pretty handsy DB there.

EDS

channtheman
That 2nd down call was... ugh. Red zone offense is awful. Get to the 15, don't take a single shot to the end zone.

pittstang5
STALL! What else is new

Teamcheez1
Good god MM, why run twice in a row?

red
worthless

M3 has no clue how to score TD's unless its a long busted play

King Friday
11-17-2013, 04:11 PM
well, that was nice while it lasted.

channtheman
Shitty red zone offense.

Tony Oday
Good job MM making sure we slow down the offense, DC of the year?

channtheman
At least we maybe know we can throw the ball downfield now.

KalamazooPackerFan
11-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Another red zone stall out. Piss poor play calls all three downs.

pbmax
there you go smart ass. how's that work out for you?

Those backside dives are not his best run. Though if he gets a gap he can launch it. Better to give him and angle and let him cut.

red
and PB should be happy to know that that was starks 1 obligatory series of the game

pbmax
Good god MM, why run twice in a row?

Second one was an audible to something.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 04:13 PM
and PB should be happy to know that that was starks 1 obligatory series of the game

They will need him again. But not for those plays.

pbmax
One good call by Slocum.

Guiness
More Banjo!

red
11-17-2013, 04:14 PM
a-rod needs to ditch the mustache

he looks like a fucking pedophile on the sideline

pbmax
Play action, suck in a LB, throw it to the zone behind him.

red
wide open over the middle

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Drink

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-17-2013, 04:15 PM
a-rod needs to ditch the mustache

he looks like a fucking pedophile on the sideline

Yes, very very creepy...

channtheman
The no pressure on QB and still leaving at least 1 WR wide open has been a staple of Dom Capers defense for a few years now.

Teamcheez1
All day for Manning.

pbmax
Bad call.

rdanomly
11-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Bullshit.

channtheman
Imagine that, Giants best run offense in the league against us!

red
OMG

someone take tramon out behind the woodshed when he gets home and put him down

and it doesn't have to be done humanely

pbmax
Jones slow to hole. Had free run and did not get there.

Bossman641
Fuck. Chance to back then up and change field position? Course not

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Are they getting 10 yards at a time. sure seems it.

King Friday
This is becoming embarrassing. Can Capers be fired at halftime and they choose a DC out of the crowd?

pbmax
Jones having a bad game outside of one tackle on a rb pass.

Rutnstrut
Jones is a worthless pussy.

red
brad jones goes for a 7 yard ride

and hawk losses his helmet

AND.....

drink

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Brown sis his best A. Peterson impression. Bounce it outside get 8 yards.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 04:18 PM
House found the ball that time.

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Should have been picked

red
there was talk after last weeks game about capers being fired ASAP

if he keeps this up, then the media better really be all over the "fire capers" bandwagon tomorrow

pbmax
Bad throw saves House. Got double moved.

Guiness
Nice play by House! Cruz had to fight to prevent the INT.

channtheman
This is becoming embarrassing. Can Capers be fired at halftime and they choose a DC out of the crowd?

I nominate this guy.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/lol-packer-fan.jpg

red
house pulled a hammy

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Pft, what's to think about. Go for it, they'll get it.

pittstang5
Pft, what's to think about. Go for it, they'll get it.

Yep

red
LOL

yeah, like we're gonna stop that

jacobs just moved 3 of our guys

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 04:21 PM
another 9 yards or so.

pbmax
Manning knows where the blitz is coming from and throws right behind it.

Teamcheez1
10 yards off the receivers.

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 04:22 PM
and we still can't tackle. What was that MM...oh, you'll fix that. Ok.

channtheman
If the Packers don't give up 10 yards a play, they give up 9 so that it's easy as hell to go for it. This defense is so fucking shitty. I can't believe we are actually watching this.

red
LOL

defense has officially given up

they're making the fucking Giants look like a super bowl team

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Manning knows where the blitz is coming from and throws right behind it.

Maybe he's seen it before. Nah, can't be that.

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 04:23 PM
LOL..we deflect passes and they still complete them. Oh good lord!!

channtheman
11-17-2013, 04:24 PM
Well how bout that? Even when you make a play, I still wanna say fuck you, Tramon.

Rutnstrut
Holy fuck.

Bossman641
Finally!!!!

red
tramon handed a gift and almost fucks it up

oldbutnotdeadyet
I wonder where we rank as greatest team collapse of all time?

Guiness
I think Tramon got hurt there.

TravisWilliams23
Tramon hasn't a clue where the hell the ball is.

pittstang5
HA Ha...so what. We'll do nothing with it. Probably give it right back to them.

pbmax
Nice pick by Twill. Sold out completely for it. Decent run back too.

Have to make it count and turn field position around.

Rutnstrut
11-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Well how bout that? Even when you make a play, I still wanna say fuck you, Tramon.

Thanks, that made me spit Beam and Coke all over my laptop.

pittstang5
Hey, drinking during a game is soooo much fun, why didn't I do this before.

Badgerinmaine
I'd almost forgotten what a Packers pick looked like...heckuva leap to make that play.

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks, that made me spit Beam and Coke all over my laptop.

I've been spitting up all game so far...

Joemailman
Lighten up guys. Tramon made a nice break on the ball.

channtheman
FUCK YOU MM! Back to run run pass!

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Uh, they know when we are going to run. We need to stop that.

red
here we go, let the national media declare tramon to be all world again

channtheman
FUCK YOU MM! Back to run run pass!

Glad I was wrong.

Badgerinmaine
I've been spitting up all game so far...
Need a bib? :razz:

pittstang5
Of course, we make a play, player goes down. Norm

red
bostik makes a big play

and gets hurt

got his head driven right into the ground

Guiness
11-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Nice YAC by Bostick there.

channtheman
11-17-2013, 04:28 PM
It's almost half time already? Fast game.

KalamazooPackerFan
11-17-2013, 04:29 PM
What's with the runs up the gut? EDS is hurt and and it's not our strongest run play anyway.

red
11-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Lighten up guys. Tramon made a nice break on the ball..

i think he was in so bad of a position that when the horribly throw ball got there, he was in the perfect spot

he then dove for and almost lost the ball to add some flair

channtheman
11-17-2013, 04:30 PM
What's with the runs up the gut? EDS is hurt and and it's not our strongest run play anyway.

I honestly think that last run was just to get to the 2 minute warning. No one on the Packer side thought it would gain anything.

oldbutnotdeadyet

Reflection on MM's creativity??

TravisWilliams23
Cullen is destroying EDS on runs.

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 04:31 PM
I honestly think that last run was just to get to the 2 minute warning. No one on the Packer side thought it would gain anything.

ha ha. you're probably right too.

Teamcheez1

With a rookie QB, they should have run a play before the 2 min warning. I think we need all the time we can get.

channtheman
It Tolzien is calling audibles for these 2nd down runs, he needs to stop.

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 04:32 PM
I bet MM just wants to run out the clock

channtheman
With a rookie QB, they should have run a play before the 2 min warning. I think we need all the time we can get.

I think the logic here is, we aren't going to score, so give the ball back to the Giants with less time.

Guiness
JPP with that weird facemask. I thought the NFL banned those?

red
11-17-2013, 04:33 PM
"don't want to get too pass heavy with tolzien in there"

LOL

whats he completed, 3 passes? maybe attempted 6 or so in the half?