PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL "Fire Spray Paint Hare!" Thread

George Cumby
11-17-2013, 05:42 PM
I've kept the faith for 2.5 years since the SB and the problems persist despite assurances that they'll be fixed. Blown coverages, poor tackling, predictable scheme, lack of heart. It never seems to improve.

If the players aren't doing their jobs right, the position coaches aren't getting it done, if the position coaches aren't getting it done, the DC isn't getting it done.

For that matter, I am done:

Fire Capers!!!!

Bossman641
11-17-2013, 05:48 PM
I knew he painted on his hair. I didn't know he was testing it on hares. Fuck him

King Friday
11-17-2013, 06:04 PM
At this point, McCarthy is going to be pressed to make a lot of changes this offseason. Too much talent on the roster for this team to be mediocre in so many areas, and defense is a prime target.

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 06:08 PM
This is 3 years in a row the defense isn't really very good. MM has fired his defensive coaching staff before. He will again if things don't turn around.

red
11-17-2013, 06:19 PM
this is the typical job trajectory for dom capers

every place he has gone, he starts out very strong for 2 or 3 years and then after that his defenses get a little worse every year

its like 5, 6 or 7 places in a row where this "falling off the cliff" thing has happened with his defenses

he needs to go, it will only get worse, he has never rebounded while at the same team

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Fire his ass...

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 07:11 PM
After this game, I think Capers is gone at the end of the season, regardless how they finish. Question: Say MM fires Capers tomorrow, he won't, but what if...who takes over?

Whitt, Moss, Trgovac?

Upnorth
11-17-2013, 07:18 PM
How about we promote Slocum? He has been with the team for years, when players get injured (which they will) and get promoted to starter he will be familiar with them , and finally we will have more ammunition for the official Wednesday fire Slocum thread that seems to have lost steam. (tounge firmly in cheek)

channtheman
11-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Capers has definitely overstayed his welcome in GB. Whether it's the players out of position or his scheme, ultimately it falls on him. And if MM won't let him go, than MM needs to be let go.

denverYooper
11-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Defense only gave up 20 points today.

But... AHHHHH goddammit, I can't do it. It could have been a lot more. They were obviously terrible.

I sat by a Giants fan at the bar who was told me that this is the first game that Eli's looked comfortable at all. He said their line, backs, TEs, everything, has been terrible and Eli's been getting killed most of the year.

red
11-17-2013, 07:26 PM
After this game, I think Capers is gone at the end of the season, regardless how they finish. Question: Say MM fires Capers tomorrow, he won't, but what if...who takes over?

Whitt, Moss, Trgovac?

no, no and no

because those 3 guys should be fired too

Noodle
11-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Damn Red, you go a little Robespierre in you.

So who survives your terror, Greene?

digitaldean
11-17-2013, 07:49 PM

I'd keep Greene. Burnett running into Williams plus the 12 men in the huddle on the first 3rd and 1 epitomized how disorganized this defense is. Flat out joke.

The FOX team sugarcoated the D's performance initially, but fat old Tony set it straight. "No pressure, not getting off their blocks". We make the 2013 interception machine Eli Manning look great. Yes, TWill got that pick, thanks to the Giants' wide receiver going Jeremy Ross-like and stopping his route.

red
11-17-2013, 07:52 PM

i like greene. i've watched him in practice and he brings a fire that no other coach on this team has

i don't think he's ready to be a d-coord though

and lb's seem to be the only position where "next guy up" actually has worked

pbmax
11-17-2013, 08:22 PM
Greene is Singletary for all we know right now. Lot of passion, former great player and no track record of coordinating.

20 points today with an offense and special teams giving them no help. They handed the ball back to the offense three times in reasonable field position in the 4th Quarter unlike the past few games.

There are WAY too many breakdowns in pass coverage and it seems some players cannot handle the scheme they are given. Hyde got caught short on the first big play and I think he was outrun by a TE. The safeties are not helping at all. I bet Capers changed the calls after the first two series because there was suddenly someone much closer to the TE with a free release on the LOS.

Pass rush only got better late with blitzing. Matthews is still not himself. Jones is not enough on his own and Neal got home once. A healthy Perry might help but who knows when that will happen.

Capers is not solely responsible but the players and injuries aren't helping him. I don't think the Packers have drafted well to match his scheme and the injures have made it worse. The question is who will adjust.

Joemailman
11-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Greene is Singletary for all we know right now. Lot of passion, former great player and no track record of coordinating.

20 points today with an offense and special teams giving them no help. They handed the ball back to the offense three times in reasonable field position in the 4th Quarter unlike the past few games.

There are WAY too many breakdowns in pass coverage and it seems some players cannot handle the scheme they are given. Hyde got caught short on the first big play and I think he was outrun by a TE. The safeties are not helping at all. I bet Capers changed the calls after the first two series because there was suddenly someone much closer to the TE with a free release on the LOS.

Pass rush only got better late with blitzing. Matthews is still not himself. Jones is not enough on his own and Neal got home once. A healthy Perry might help but who knows when that will happen.

Capers is not solely responsible but the players and injuries aren't helping him. I don't think the Packers have drafted well to match his scheme and the injures have made it worse. The question is who will adjust.

Capers shouldn't be fired because of what happened today. But this defense hasn't been very good since 2010. He hasn't been able to adjust his scheme to fit the talent he has, and that's a problem.

gbgary
11-17-2013, 08:38 PM
i'm not irate but i'm ready for a change at dc. back-ups and practice squad qbs can only do so much though.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Capers shouldn't be fired because of what happened today. But this defense hasn't been very good since 2010. He hasn't been able to adjust his scheme to fit the talent he has, and that's a problem.

He has adjusted. The adjustment up front to get Raji to 3 technique was for Raji's sake as well as Pickett's.

If you do not have 3 CBs who can each play either man to man or zone, I am not sure what else he is supposed to play back there.

What I cannot tell you is if its coaches or player procurement. Should Shields be able to play zone by now? Probably. But Al Harris took forever to figure it out as well. They usually left him in man.

Williams used to be the swing guy, but now he has trouble out in space in man. To a degree, not getting Williams replaced outside is probably the surest sign this year of a failure to adjust. If House could do it, you can man up he and Shields. If Hayward was healthy and outside, you could zone him like Woodson at times.

The lack of safeties makes it all worse.

The lack of consistent pass rush makes it a tire fire. Look at what a small amount of pressure in the 4th Quarter did for the defense.

Given that Hayward is not healthy and Hyde cannot play outside (watch that Cruz catch as he runs a wheel route and speeds right by him again from the slot) the best bet would seem to be man outside with a pass rush (House and Shields wide, Twill in slot). But for the pass rush to be consistent, Mathews has to be healthy and so does Perry.

Freak Out
11-17-2013, 09:06 PM
I knew he painted on his hair. I didn't know he was testing it on hares. Fuck him

Where are the Mary Kay Commandos when you need them?

red
11-17-2013, 09:12 PM

yeah pb, but whats his excuse for having these exact same problems for 3 years now?

with all the different players that have come through the d in the last 3 years the same damn problems keep popping up

at some point you have to stop blaming and going through players and start blaming the coaches

King Friday
11-17-2013, 09:43 PM
Good coaches can fit a scheme around the players they have. It might not be pretty, but they'll find a way to get the job done.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Good coaches can fit a scheme around the players they have. It might not be pretty, but they'll find a way to get the job done.

What score SHOULD the Packers D have held them to?

I think the coaches are at fault here to a degree. The players do not always play the scheme well.

But I have no idea how much to lay on each side.

I will say this, in the first half, Manning knew the Packer defense as well as the Packer players did.

Iron Mike
11-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Too bad we didn't jettison Capers after last year's fiasco......we could have taken the Wolfman away from Jerrel:

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2012/09/04/Cowboys-D-might-have-horses-for-Rob-Ryan-8127DC3M-x-large.jpg

Carolina_Packer
11-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Defense only gave up 20 points today.

But... AHHHHH goddammit, I can't do it. It could have been a lot more. They were obviously terrible.

I sat by a Giants fan at the bar who was told me that this is the first game that Eli's looked comfortable at all. He said their line, backs, TEs, everything, has been terrible and Eli's been getting killed most of the year.

Reminds me of the first game in San Fran when we sold out to stop the run and Kaepernick torched the secondary, which he hasn't come close to doing against any other opponent of theirs this season.

red
11-17-2013, 11:02 PM
What score SHOULD the Packers D have held them to?

I think the coaches are at fault here to a degree. The players do not always play the scheme well.

But I have no idea how much to lay on each side.

I will say this, in the first half, Manning knew the Packer defense as well as the Packer players did.

our defense allowed a very, very bad offense to score 20 points today. i don't know the exact answer to your question, but i'm thinking something closer to half of that is what we should have allowed

Guiness
11-17-2013, 11:27 PM
Too bad we didn't jettison Capers after last year's fiasco......we could have taken the Wolfman away from Jerrel:

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2012/09/04/Cowboys-D-might-have-horses-for-Rob-Ryan-8127DC3M-x-large.jpg

Rob Ryan teamed with Greene and Mathews. That would be a sight!

channtheman
11-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Reminds me of the first game in San Fran when we sold out to stop the run and Kaepernick torched the secondary, which he hasn't come close to doing against any other opponent of theirs this season.

I think this is very telling. Kaepernick has been figured out by every other defense he's played this year, except for us.

packrulz
11-18-2013, 05:29 AM
I could see giving Greene a shot at DC for the rest of the year, Hawk is having a great year and is the best tackler on the team. (He needs a new chin strap though). Game after game, and year after year our D comes out flat, uninspired, and can't tackle. I believe it causes injuries too because our guys are getting beat ON instead of delivering the beating. Grrreene would get them fired up!

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 07:21 AM
I could see giving Greene a shot at DC for the rest of the year, Hawk is having a great year and is the best tackler on the team. (He needs a new chin strap though). Game after game, and year after year our D comes out flat, uninspired, and can't tackle. I believe it causes injuries too because our guys are getting beat ON instead of delivering the beating. Grrreene would get them fired up!

There's no way that any dramatic coaching change will or should be made as we get set to defeat the Vikings in Lambeau Field in week 12.

GO PACKERS !

run pMc
11-18-2013, 07:46 AM
Let Capers finish out the year IMO.
15% of blame goes to TT
35% to Capers
50% to the players

I think they still don't have 2 good safeties back there, and the LB situation has been a mess with all the injuries.

pbmax
11-18-2013, 07:57 AM

Greene coaches outside backers. Winston Moss is Hawk's coach.

Joemailman
11-18-2013, 07:59 AM
At the end of the season, there will have to be an evaluation on whether MM and TT really believe there is a likelihood that this defense can get better under Capers. If not you make a change. As has been pointed out, Capers' coaching is often a case of diminishing returns. Perhaps he's run his course here.

pbmax
11-18-2013, 07:59 AM
our defense allowed a very, very bad offense to score 20 points today. i don't know the exact answer to your question, but i'm thinking something closer to half of that is what we should have allowed

They are averaging 19.2 point per game.

And their offense has been getting better after a horrendous start.

They are talented where the Packers are struggling, versus a good vertical passing team.

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 08:00 AM
Let Capers finish out the year IMO.
15% of blame goes to TT
35% to Capers
50% to the players

I think they still don't have 2 good safeties back there, and the LB situation has been a mess with all the injuries.

The Green Bay Packers Defense has to be built/developed around players with talent and heart.

It's not just all on injuries. That especially the case in terms of any discussion and the play of our DB's (secondary).

It's time for Ted Thompson to get a grip and re-build that secondary into one that has a solid chance defending the pass. Part of that means solid support in terms of a contribution from the DL and LBers. I see that overall our 'D' lacks toughness and grit. It lacks any sense of cohesion.

It has to be perfectly clear now to TT and MM and his coaching staff that the outstanding service of Aaron Rodgers has helped coverup serious issues on the Packer 'D'. It's now time to re-build that 'D' and to come out of any denial to first get there. Otherwise Packer fans can forget any serious conversation and winning another Super Bowl in the Aaron Rodgers era.

If TT and MM don't get serious about change and I mean big change.

The Aaron Rodgers era in Packers history and Super Bowls will be a story of "One and Done".

GO Packers.

George Cumby
11-18-2013, 08:14 AM
Agreed that SPH can't be fired mid season, but he has to go; the improvement arc just isn't there.

Most concerning is the D's lack of fire, they just seem to play flat, way too often.

Question: given the current personnel, could we shift to a 4-3?

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Agreed that SPH can't be fired mid season, but he has to go; the improvement arc just isn't there.

Most concerning is the D's lack of fire, they just seem to play flat, way too often.

BJ Raji might be be more content if we went back to a 4-3 base 'D'?

His decision to hold on a reported 8 $million/season offer blows me away. That decision just might blow up in his face. That decision smacks of too much pride.

Joemailman
11-18-2013, 08:30 AM

If you contemplate going to a 4-3, you have to decide if doing so would decrease the value of Matthews. He's your best player and is perfect for the 3-4 OLB position. He'd be kind of light at DE, and would he have the same impact as a 4-3 OLB? I think they have the type of D-linemen who could be effective in a 4-3. Not so sure about the LB's.

George Cumby
11-18-2013, 08:33 AM
If you contemplate going to a 4-3, you have to decide if doing so would decrease the value of Matthews. He's your best player and is perfect for the 3-4 OLB position. He'd be kind of light at DE, and would he have the same impact as a 4-3 OLB? I think they have the type of D-linemen who could be effective in a 4-3. Not so sure about the LB's.

I was kind of thinking of him as a Lawrence Taylor type. Iirc: those Giants ran a 4-3, no?

Joemailman
11-18-2013, 08:51 AM
I was kind of thinking of him as a Lawrence Taylor type. Iirc: those Giants ran a 4-3, no?

No. They played a 3-4. Pepper Johnson and Steve DeOssie were the ILB's. Taylor and Carl Banks were the OLB's. Belichick was the DC. Belichick at NE used Willie McGinest as a OLB/DE as they played more of a hybrid 3-4/4-3.

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 08:54 AM

Yes an excellent point.

red
11-18-2013, 06:36 PM

IMO, mathews is the one huge sticking point when talking about moving to a 4-3

if you decide that he can't be effective in the 4-3, then you can't switch the entire defense because of it. we've just made too big of an investment in clay, things have to revolve around whats best for him at this poit. there is no trading or cutting him at this point. and you can't be paying the huge sums of money that we are paying him to be an above average 4-3 OLB or DE

Infamous
11-18-2013, 07:12 PM

hilarious

pbmax
11-18-2013, 09:16 PM
wist must REALLY be sick.

George Cumby
11-18-2013, 09:41 PM
wist must REALLY be sick.

Indeed. It's not like him to not rub our noses in it. Color me concerned.

denverYooper
11-20-2013, 10:36 AM
leroy butler ‏@leap36 13m
Just watched the defense film again, it's comes down to players making plays,and tackling , the system works, if run correctly

Ben Fennell ‏@TheXOsOfLife 11m
@leap36 any thoughts on the cohesion of rotating 20 different ppl? System does work..feel like guys cant get comfortable on every down basis

Fritz
11-20-2013, 12:59 PM
I am worried about Wist. I am. If three losses in a row and McGinn raising the specter of soft again, Wist ought to be all over this thread. But he's not.

Maybe he really is having problems with the ol' ticker.

As a poster, I can't stand his approach, even if I do sometimes agree with some of his premises. But as a person, I don't want the guy to be out of action because he's unhealthy.

And no one else pisses me off like Wist.

Come back, Wist.

I can't believe I just wrote that.

Joemailman
11-20-2013, 04:34 PM
I am worried about Wist. I am. If three losses in a row and McGinn raising the specter of soft again, Wist ought to be all over this thread. But he's not.

Maybe he really is having problems with the ol' ticker.

As a poster, I can't stand his approach, even if I do sometimes agree with some of his premises. But as a person, I don't want the guy to be out of action because he's unhealthy.

And no one else pisses me off like Wist.

Come back, Wist.

I can't believe I just wrote that.

He posted this a while back.

Absence had nothing to do with a win... been sick.

Have probs with my ticker... slows me down. Sometimes knocks me down. Last couple weeks been doin my Redd Foxx impersonation - one fine day, that'll be it :)

It is what it is.

I think it's fair to say discussing Capers is not what the doctor has ordered. I guess we'll just have to hope all is well until we hear from him.

woodbuck27
11-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by wist43 View Post

" Absence had nothing to do with a win... been sick.

Have probs with my ticker... slows me down. Sometimes knocks me down. Last couple weeks been doin my Redd Foxx impersonation - one fine day, that'll be it

It is what it is. " wist43

Somehow this disturbs me. This concerns me. It makes me feel sad.

All members of Packerrats are important.

PACKERRATS.

Cheesehead Craig
11-21-2013, 09:44 AM
So what day is the official day to call for Capers firing? Is it Sundays because that was when the thread was started? Just want to be sure so there's no violations of the rules here. Because if there's one thing we don't put up with here at Packerrats, it's anarchy.

woodbuck27
11-21-2013, 09:49 AM
So what day is the official day to call for Capers firing? Is it Sundays because that was when the thread was started? Just want to be sure so there's no violations of the rules here. Because if there's one thing we don't put up with here at Packerrats, it's anarchy.

Anarchy?? NO WAY !

If it ever goes there...point that goat at us.

red
11-21-2013, 05:09 PM

i think every day can be fire capers day

George Cumby
11-21-2013, 10:57 PM
i think every day can be fire capers day

One CAN have too much of a good thing. Since Sunday is the Sabbath and some might not feel right going to work on he of the false hare, I vote for Monday as the Official Fire Capers Day.

denverYooper
11-22-2013, 08:15 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IXz_Fzjwkd8/TipjGvgxJDI/AAAAAAAAGF4/RQX9fXoZaAg/s1600/from%2Bhare%2Bto%2Beternity%2Bby%2Bartist%2Btony%2 Btrowbridge.JPG

George Cumby
11-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Ahem.

Upnorth
11-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Fire roast that Slocum Hare!

denverYooper
11-25-2013, 10:31 AM
Boy, the commentary on Broncos talk radio is familiar this morning. Their defense wilts, they can't win big games in cold weather, this or that decision was terrible.

There were 2 huge changes in the 2nd half for Denver that really turned the game -- DRC and Vickerson went out and the Patriots were all of the sudden able to move the ball with ease.

DRC has been their #1 corner and has been having a great season. Vickerson has been huge vs the run and last night was getting some pressure up the gut before he went down. It's similar to the Packers losing Shields and Jolly, though Vickerson probably puts on a better pass rush.

But boy, the Packers have dealt with a lot of injuries on that side of the ball... No sooner did they get Clay back (one handed for the first game) than they had Jolly and Shields drop out.

I'm not saying I don't want some turnover on the defensive staff because they seem to leave one gaping hole every game that gets exploited, but losing their best players at every level at various times has not made their job easy.

denverYooper
11-25-2013, 10:55 AM
FWIW:

Randall Liu ‏@RLiuNFL 4m
.@Eagles QB Nick Foles had 152.8 passer rating in Nov, highest in ANY calendar month in @nfl history (min 50 att)

pbmax
12-07-2013, 02:57 PM
From Wilde and his Capers write-up on Friday: http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=11931&is_corp=1

Capers wouldn’t say Friday how many years he has remaining on his contract with the Packers, but it’s thought that he may be in the final year of his deal. A league source said last year that Capers had one year remaining on his contract, and it’s unclear whether McCarthy added a year after last year’s ignominious playoff exit. If not, and this is the final year of his deal, it would make it easier for McCarthy to make a change if he were so inclined. (Details of assistant coaches' contracts are notoriously hard to unearth.)

Harlan Huckleby
12-07-2013, 03:01 PM
I haven't been reading this thread because I didn't know what "spray paint hare" meant. That one's on me, bunnies on the brain.

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 03:38 PM
I haven't been reading this thread because I didn't know what "spray paint hare" meant. That one's on me, bunnies on the brain.

Doesn't it have something to do with:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR35-5_SV-XKlAfNrn7P531IfxW1SrPjNA_-6JTANFrsf9RLhrS

Bunny Art?

bobblehead
12-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Fire roast that Slocum Hare!

And SPIT ROAST HIS WIFE!! Ok, off to the garbage can with this thread now.

Rutnstrut
12-07-2013, 10:53 PM
IMO, mathews is the one huge sticking point when talking about moving to a 4-3

if you decide that he can't be effective in the 4-3, then you can't switch the entire defense because of it. we've just made too big of an investment in clay, things have to revolve around whats best for him at this poit. there is no trading or cutting him at this point. and you can't be paying the huge sums of money that we are paying him to be an above average 4-3 OLB or DE

It's ironic that people are ok with Clay possibly holding the whole D back. Because everyone preaches how this team is never about one player, if that player can't get with the program ship him off. BUT when that one player is Clay, everyone is like, no we have to build the D for him. If he's that good he will adapt, if not, trade his ass.

Patler
12-08-2013, 07:47 AM
... Because everyone preaches how this team is never about one player, if that player can't get with the program ship him off. BUT when that one player is Clay, everyone is like, no we have to build the D for him. If he's that good he will adapt, if not, trade his ass.

No, not everyone. Trading Matthews would be easy enough. There would likely be a number of teams interested. If they make a change, and if Matthews doesn't adapt well to it, trade him. However, I suspect that most DCs would find a way to utilize him in whatever scheme they try to run.

Joemailman
12-08-2013, 08:17 AM
There's probably no logical reason why Matthews couldn't be effective playing WOLB in a 4-3. Who knows? He might benefit from not having to line up every play against an OT that outweighs him by 70-80 pounds.

pbmax
12-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Moving to a 4-3 would benefit one other player besides Raji and that would be Perry. He could compete to play RDE.

But its not the scheme. Its playing the scheme well that is hurting this team. Some of that is players who haven't learned how (McMillan), new at position (Jones, Neal, Jones), some who are limited (Jennings), some who are injured (Pickett) and some who are playing at times by their own set of rules (Raji).

Fritz
12-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Lemme just say, I always did like an "up the field" defensive scheme better than this read-and-react crap. I wonder if the read-and-react leads to some passivity in style of play, leading to this sense that the defense is not a fightin' unit.

Patler
12-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Lemme just say, I always did like an "up the field" defensive scheme better than this read-and-react crap. I wonder if the read-and-react leads to some passivity in style of play, leading to this sense that the defense is not a fightin' unit.

Some people are slow readers. Need speed reading classes/

pbmax
12-08-2013, 10:56 AM

With this group of defenders, there is not enough speed or tackling to play any other way. The huge D line has to hold the gaps. Its designed to hold down the fort, not chase the fort down the road. Everyone wanted a team built for cold weather, well you got it and its underwhelming to say the least.

And also let me take this opportunity to crow that the running game hasn't won many games lately. :-P

Rutnstrut
12-08-2013, 04:04 PM
With this group of defenders, there is not enough speed or tackling to play any other way. The huge D line has to hold the gaps. Its designed to hold down the fort, not chase the fort down the road. Everyone wanted a team built for cold weather, well you got it and its underwhelming to say the least.

And also let me take this opportunity to crow that the running game hasn't won many games lately. :-P

Except without the early success with the running game today it would probably have been a loss.

denverYooper
12-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Except without the early success with the running game today it would probably have been a loss.

:duel:

pbmax
12-09-2013, 09:13 AM

Fair point. I won't begrudge the running game in this game. I just hope the passing game can comes back online, full-time, soon. Flynn or Rodgers.

Fritz
12-09-2013, 10:59 AM

About the running game...I know, I know. But I've admitted in the past I'm a relic from another age in that regard.

And in that same vein, being a relic, I still like a 4-3 that plays an aggressive style and has a front four that gets after the QB.

But again, that doesn't mean I'm right. It just means that's what I am comfortable with.

George Cumby
12-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Do it. Now.

Rutnstrut
12-15-2013, 07:08 PM
About the running game...I know, I know. But I've admitted in the past I'm a relic from another age in that regard.

And in that same vein, being a relic, I still like a 4-3 that plays an aggressive style and has a front four that gets after the QB.

But again, that doesn't mean I'm right. It just means that's what I am comfortable with.

For what it's worth, I'm not that old (42) and I like old school football also.

Joemailman
12-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Packers have given up 400 points. Most since 1986 when they gave up 418.

Teamcheez1
12-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Well, I would say they will easily exceed 418. No way they hold the Bears to 18 points or less.

Joemailman
12-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Well, I would say they will easily exceed 418. No way they hold the Bears to 18 points or less.

Cutler's back, so you never know.

Fritz
12-23-2013, 07:55 AM
My guess is they'll start McCown.

And in the offseason, please, Ted, get this team the right talent for the scheme if you're gonna run this 3-4.

denverYooper
12-23-2013, 08:19 AM
My guess is they'll start McCown.

And in the offseason, please, Ted, get this team the right talent for the scheme if you're gonna run this 3-4.

Didn't Trestman say after the game that Cutler would be starting?

Joemailman
12-31-2013, 04:28 PM
Hey Wist, did you know this thread exists. You're pretty much the father of this thread. :lol:

woodbuck27
12-31-2013, 07:50 PM

Your comfortable with that because your right.