PDA

View Full Version : FLYNN TO WIN

Bretsky
11-17-2013, 07:59 PM
A wise and intoxicated Packerrats poster once walked up Main Street in Green Bay chanting Flynn to Win. That was at a point where AROD was not embraced by Packer fans yet and he joked Matt Flynn will be the one to lead up to the promised land

To that, I say......WHAT THE HELL........GET ON BOARD

DEAR MM................START MATT FLYNN

Who wants to jump on the wagon ??

red
11-17-2013, 08:00 PM
one time, in high school in the early 90's i designed a cleaver sign in drafting class

It's TY-ME

i think it was around late 92 or early 93

red
11-17-2013, 08:01 PM
oh and i'm on the band wagon

i announced "flynn-it to winn-it" in the game thread

pittstang5
11-17-2013, 08:04 PM
I just want to win again. I don't care who QBs.

KYPack
11-17-2013, 08:16 PM
How 'bout Flynn throws the short routes and Tolzein fires the bombs?

Noodle
11-17-2013, 08:21 PM
How 'bout Flynn throws the short routes and Tolzein fires the bombs?

You must watch a lot of college football, where, sometimes, it works . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HVxzmbJpBU

digitaldean
11-17-2013, 08:22 PM
To be honest whether we lose by 3 or 23?? Right now, the D and the special teams have to pick up the slack just for the team to have a chance to win. Doesn't matter WHO is QB with A-Rod out.

Right now, the KO return team is pathetic and the D gave up way too many easy yards to their receivers.

We need to win next week vs. the Queens. Because if we fall 2 back to either Chicago or Detroit, it will be next to impossible to win this division.

channtheman
11-17-2013, 08:32 PM
We might as well go 4 different starting QB's in 4 straight games. Why the fuck not?

gbgary
11-17-2013, 08:42 PM
why not...but would anyone really be surprised of rodgers was the qb in min (not that i'm advocating that)? i wouldn't be.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 10:10 PM
I would be stunned. Even though Rodgers keeps chirping that he could be back at anytime once he feels right, its not a turned ankle. He will need team clearance and that will be on the conservative side.

pbmax
11-17-2013, 10:10 PM
But I bet M3 is not so quick to name Tolzien the starter this week. A lot depends on how Flynn looked last week.

call_me_ishmael
11-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Who was the intoxicated Packerrat? Sounds a lot like something that would have come out of 23 year old me after some sweet, sweet caramel.

MadtownPacker
11-18-2013, 11:08 AM
It was "Flynn for the Win" but I'm impressed you can remember all those years ago while under a cloud of alcohol.

run pMc
11-18-2013, 11:22 AM
To be honest whether we lose by 3 or 23?? Right now, the D and the special teams have to pick up the slack just for the team to have a chance to win. Doesn't matter WHO is QB with A-Rod out.

Right now, the KO return team is pathetic and the D gave up way too many easy yards to their receivers.

We need to win next week vs. the Queens. Because if we fall 2 back to either Chicago or Detroit, it will be next to impossible to win this division.

+1

FWIW, I think McCarthy sticks with Tolzien unless he keeps throwing picks. If the pick-six to JPP wasn't the dagger, the pcik with 2 minutes left was...either way, the D didn't help enough.

CaptainKickass
11-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Wow, what a Flynnteresting thread topic. I must assume that you all are heavily Flynntoxicated.

There would of course need to be some sort of Flynncident before there was a QB change. McCarthy has already Flynndicated the starting QB when he gave Tolzien the nod against the Giants. I know that this repeated Flynnformation may give some of you a bad case of Flynndigestion, but given the Flynntricacy of the playbook that has already been Flynnstalled for Tolzien, it appears that the coaching staff would find it both Flynntrusive and perhaps even Flynnsulting to make a change at QB for the Flynnterim.

To think otherwise would be Flynnsulting. This team needs to look Flynnward to Flynncite additional Flynnspiration.

Zool
11-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Wow, what a Flynnteresting thread topic. I must assume that you all are heavily Flynntoxicated.

There would of course need to be some sort of Flynncident before there was a QB change. McCarthy has already Flynndicated the starting QB when he gave Tolzien the nod against the Giants. I know that this repeated Flynnformation may give some of you a bad case of Flynndigestion, but given the Flynntricacy of the playbook that has already been Flynnstalled for Tolzien, it appears that the coaching staff would find it both Flynntrusive and perhaps even Flynnsulting to make a change at QB for the Flynnterim.

To think otherwise would be Flynnsulting. This team needs to look Flynnward to Flynncite additional Flynnspiration.

We have a Flynner.

Joemailman
11-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Packers need a Flynn because the Flynndow of opportunity is closing. Just Flynn baby!

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 03:23 PM
MM seemed very composed in his Monday afternoon Press Conference.

MM said that until the Packers get a legitimate starting QB he's staying with Scott Tolzien.

He said he has had no conversation with Aaron Rodgers and his insistence on starting since his injury.

He also mentioned the Packer 'D' and a continuing inability to tackle.

He also added that this game at home to the Minnesota Vikings is very important in terms of needing a win.

GO PACK GO !

Pugger
11-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Unless Tolzien has a crappy week of practice Scott is gonna start. I honestly think he has a better arm than Matt.

pbmax
11-18-2013, 04:26 PM
For all his "pawsitives" "paticilars" and the ever present "process", McCarthy has learned to take the steam out of a news story.

After refusing to answer a question about the starter last night, he announces it at the beginning of this PC. Mr. Fleischer taught him well. No question who is in charge of the press conference.

Bretsky
11-18-2013, 08:11 PM
It was "Flynn for the Win" but I'm impressed you can remember all those years ago while under a cloud of alcohol.

OK; I was close....and cat is out of da Hat..........it was MAD blurbing this out

I think my memory is blacked out because you guys pulled me out of of lovely carmelized Oval Office and somehow I fricking ended up in some acceptance bar.......or whatever they hell the bouncer called that

Mad....do you remember what he called that joint ? It sounded like a California term......as all I remember

is wondering why in the hell we ever made that switch when we had a safe and happy home for the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carolina_Packer
11-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Unless Tolzien has a crappy week of practice Scott is gonna start. I honestly think he has a better arm than Matt.

Now we just need his head to catch up to his arm/moxie. The turnovers are killers. Matt McGloin walked on at Penn State, really did nothing until his senior year with Bill O'Brien as his first year head coach, he was a college free agent with the Raiders who had traded up to draft Pryor in the supplemental a few years back, traded for Matt Flynn, drafted Tyler Wilson in the 4th round, so what does he do after over-coming that mountain? He goes out and leads the Raiders to a road win against the Texans.

What's the difference between him and Tolzien? McGloin was there since the Raiders signed him right after the draft, so he had a lot more time to learn the system, play pre-season games, go to meetings, practice with the team, etc.

I wish Green Bay had decided sooner that Harrell wasn't going to make it to allow space for someone like Tolzien or McGloin to get in the system and compete, instead of Green Bay clearing the deck at camp's end and then re-stocking QB, when it's a steeper learning curve. With some better timing and decision making on the part of the Packer decision makers, Scott Tolzien's story could have turned out like McGloin's story did.

mission
11-18-2013, 10:51 PM
OK; I was close....and cat is out of da Hat..........it was MAD blurbing this out

I think my memory is blacked out because you guys pulled me out of of lovely carmelized Oval Office and somehow I fricking ended up in some acceptance bar.......or whatever they hell the bouncer called that

Mad....do you remember what he called that joint ? It sounded like a California term......as all I remember

is wondering why in the hell we ever made that switch when we had a safe and happy home for the night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I typically don't leave the office when I'm in GB. ;)

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 10:52 PM
Now we just need his head to catch up to his arm/moxie. The turnovers are killers. Matt McGloin walked on at Penn State, really did nothing until his senior year with Bill O'Brien as his first year head coach, he was a college free agent with the Raiders who had traded up to draft Pryor in the supplemental a few years back, traded for Matt Flynn, drafted Tyler Wilson in the 4th round, so what does he do after over-coming that mountain? He goes out and leads the Raiders to a road win against the Texans.

What's the difference between him and Tolzien? McGloin was there since the Raiders signed him right after the draft, so he had a lot more time to learn the system, play pre-season games, go to meetings, practice with the team, etc.

I wish Green Bay had decided sooner that Harrell wasn't going to make it to allow space for someone like Tolzien or McGloin to get in the system and compete, instead of Green Bay clearing the deck at camp's end and then re-stocking QB, when it's a steeper learning curve. With some better timing and decision making on the part of the Packer decision makers, Scott Tolzien's story could have turned out like McGloin's story did.

Good observation and analysis.

call_me_ishmael
11-18-2013, 11:01 PM
2014 - The Packerrats return to GB. Hells yes.

Pugger
11-19-2013, 01:04 AM

Wasn't Tolzien in SF's TC so he wasn't available until the last cut down day of TC? I agree MM stuck with Harrell far too long and that is why we are in the situation we are in now with Rodgers out.

woodbuck27
11-19-2013, 06:59 AM
why not...but would anyone really be surprised of rodgers was the qb in min (not that i'm advocating that)? i wouldn't be.

He better be. We'll need him in Minny during the 2014 schedule. :-D

Week 12 Sun, Nov 24, 2013 vs Minnesota @ Lambeau Field - 1:00 PM FOX