PDA

View Full Version : Official Vikings Week Discussion Thread

Joemailman
11-18-2013, 05:55 PM
No betting line on this game yet. Maybe because Peterson is struggling with a groin issue. Had a bad day yesterday. Obviously a must game this week. Lose this one and I might do my first 2014 Packer Mock Draft.

denverYooper
11-18-2013, 05:57 PM
The Packers will win this one.

channtheman
11-18-2013, 06:08 PM
This is our season right here. Absolutely have to win this game, and then hope Rodgers is back for Detroit.

red
11-18-2013, 07:52 PM
This is our season right here. Absolutely have to win this game, and then hope Rodgers is back for Detroit.

its only a must win if the lions and bears both win, and thats not a given

it would be nice if we won it though

and in order to win, we need to figure out how to get the ball in the endzone. and its not a tolzien or wallace or flynn problem, its a mike McCarthy playcall problem. we've been having massive problems in the redzone all year. if we don't get it figured out, then we aren't gonna win and there will be no point in making the playoffs

Bretsky
11-18-2013, 08:12 PM
WE HAVE to win this one because the Lions are kicking our asses on Thanksiving

Winning this one gives us a pipe dream for the playoffs

Smeefers
11-18-2013, 08:15 PM
This isn't a must win any more than any other game. If we loose this game, we're not out of the playoffs.

Bretsky
11-18-2013, 08:19 PM
This isn't a must win any more than any other game. If we loose this game, we're not out of the playoffs.

If we lose the next two I think we are.
We play a horeshit team at home and then a better team than us (w/o AROD) on the road

This is about as must win as it can get

Smeefers
11-18-2013, 08:27 PM
If we lose the next two I think we are.
We play a horeshit team at home and then a better team than us (w/o AROD) on the road

This is about as must win as it can get

I must respectfully disagree. Until we're eliminated, anything can happen. What I would be willing to agree is that in order for us to completely control our destiny, we need to win this game. In fact, we have to win out, if we do that, we win the division no matter what.

What happens to Detroit if Stafford gets hurt when Rodgers gets healthy?
God, what happens if Culter gets healthy for the bears? They'd be doomed.

I don't deny that we're in a storm, but it's one I'm confident we can weather it until Rodgers is healthy.

Joemailman
11-18-2013, 08:32 PM

You have to start thinking about tie-breakers. Another division loss at home would about finish the Packers chances at winning the division.

digitaldean
11-18-2013, 08:42 PM
This is a divisional game. It is at home and is the most winnable division game left on schedule. We need to beat the Queens to have a prayer in this division. Yes, anything can happen even if we lose. But we need something positive before we go to Detroit on Thanksgiving. Personally, I think the next 2 weeks are crucial. Win at home and get momentum. Plus the teams needs something positive because they lost 2 straight at home.

Add a win vs. Detroit would sweep the season series and give us a leg up if we tie with them. Lose any of the next two, our chances are EXTREMELY remote.

Conference and divisional games are stacked against us if we lose this week and next.

Now we just have to get McStubby to get better results inside the 20s. It's been pretty slim pickings compared to previous seasons.

Tony Oday
11-18-2013, 08:47 PM
If we cant stop Calvin Johnson it doesnt matter who the QB is on the Pack.

woodbuck27
11-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Our defense must get a handle on containing the pass Vs Minny because next up is Matthew Stafford >>>>Calvin Johnson.

Pugger
11-19-2013, 01:18 AM
Nobody should be thinking about Detroit. One at a time, especially short handed like we are. If we can eke out a win against MN then it isn't imperative that we win on Turkey Day if Rodgers isn't back yet.

woodbuck27
11-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Nobody should be thinking about Detroit. One at a time, especially short handed like we are. If we can eke out a win against MN then it isn't imperative that we win on Turkey Day if Rodgers isn't back yet.

NO !! Sure it's one game at a time but......

Every divisional game now will be extremely important. If we lose to the Vikings this week it's over. The Detroit Lions opened as 9.5 point favourites over the Tamp Bay Buc's to win at home. It's Bears +1.0 at the Rams.

Are you observing what's going on in the NFCS? The Panthers (7-3) won MNF last night and on the heels of the Saints (8-2). Both of these teams should win playoff spots. One wining the Division and the other flipping to the Wild card spot. That scenario leaves one Wild card spot open.

Currently in the NFCN the Lions and Bears are both 6-4 and lead the Packers by one game. The 49ers and Cardinals are at 6-4 in the NFCW and the Seahawks look like their unstoppable and strongly in the hunt for the NO. 1 seed.

We've got to somehow defeat the Vikings this week. Go into Detroit in week 13 'on a short week' that favors the home team trailing by a game and win that game for any real chance for the playoffs.

You feel if we go to 6-5 with a win over the Vikings and lose in Detroit and fall to 6-6 and win out from there ... that 10-6 will do it. I don't wish the Packers to go win Vikings and lose Lions and have to win out over the remainder of the schedule. To do so and at 10-6 lose out for a Wild card spot would really suck.

I feel it's one game at a time and the Packers must win the next two and look at it from there.

run pMc
11-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Agree with Woodbuck and others that this is a must-win to keep playoffs/division hopes alive. Carolina and SF are in the driver's seat for Wildcard spots IMO, and hoping Stafford gets hurt is a longshot (and unsportsmanlike).
That said, assuming Rodgers sits until after the Detroit game (likely) I'm not sure they'll be able to win enough to keep pace. Not with how the defense has let them down.
I hope I'm wrong.

denverYooper
11-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Agree with Woodbuck and others that this is a must-win to keep playoffs/division hopes alive. Carolina and SF are in the driver's seat for Wildcard spots IMO, and hoping Stafford gets hurt is a longshot (and unsportsmanlike).
That said, assuming Rodgers sits until after the Detroit game (likely) I'm not sure they'll be able to win enough to keep pace. Not with how the defense has let them down.
I hope I'm wrong.

The Lions are the only team in the NFC North that have started the same QB every game. Remember when he was made of glass?

It doesn't matter, though. The kitties showed themselves to still be prone to collapse when they're in the driver's seat. It remains to be seen whether or not they can shake that rap to get themselves up into "perennial playoff contender" territory.

denverYooper
11-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson 21m
Vikings wide receiver Greg Jennings calls the Packers “a team that we feel like we can get. They’re struggling right now.’’

woodbuck27
11-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson 21m
Vikings wide receiver Greg Jennings calls the Packers “a team that we feel like we can get. They’re struggling right now.’’

Thank You ... Greg Jennings.

Hasn't anyone taught him to keep your trap shut before facing an opponent and if you do make a pronouncement...keep it respectful?

GO PACKERS !

denverYooper
11-19-2013, 11:57 AM
He's probably just mad that GB's 3rd string QB is better than the guys Minnesota has throwing to him.

Pugger
11-19-2013, 11:58 AM
NO !! Sure it's one game at a time but......

Every divisional game now will be extremely important. If we lose to the Vikings this week it's over. The Detroit Lions opened as 9.5 point favourites over the Tamp Bay Buc's to win at home. It's Bears +1.0 at the Rams.

Are you observing what's going on in the NFCS? The Panthers (7-3) won MNF last night and on the heels of the Saints (8-2). Both of these teams should win playoff spots. One wining the Division and the other flipping to the Wild card spot. That scenario leaves one Wild card spot open.

Currently in the NFCN the Lions and Bears are both 6-4 and lead the Packers by one game. The 49ers and Cardinals are at 6-4 in the NFCW and the Seahawks look like their unstoppable and strongly in the hunt for the NO. 1 seed.

We've got to somehow defeat the Vikings this week. Go into Detroit in week 13 'on a short week' that favors the home team trailing by a game and win that game for any real chance for the playoffs.

You feel if we go to 6-5 with a win over the Vikings and lose in Detroit and fall to 6-6 and win out from there ... that 10-6 will do it. I don't wish the Packers to go win Vikings and lose Lions and have to win out over the remainder of the schedule. To do so and at 10-6 lose out for a Wild card spot would really suck.

I feel it's one game at a time and the Packers must win the next two and look at it from there.

Er, that's why I said we shouldn't concern ourselves with Detroit just yet. :roll: One game at a time gentlemen.

Pugger
11-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Thank You ... Greg Jennings.

Hasn't anyone taught him to keep your trap shut before facing an opponent and if you do make a pronouncement...keep it respectful?

GO PACKERS !

He isn't saying anything that isn't true. Without AR and with all of our injuries we are a shell of what we were in September.

woodbuck27
11-19-2013, 07:08 PM
He isn't saying anything that isn't true. Without AR and with all of our injuries we are a shell of what we were in September.

You simply and just never go there. That generates bad karma.

You never stir a sleeping tiger.

That's a general rule of ethics and common sense in Pro sports Pugger.

woodbuck27
11-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Er, that's why I said we shouldn't concern ourselves with Detroit just yet. :roll: One game at a time gentlemen.

In your scenario the Packers somehow eke out a win over the Vikings and end this week with a 6-5 record as they prepare for a game on the road with the Detroit Lions in week 13 - Thanksgiving Day.

You claim it's not imperitive then with that victory over Minny, that we defeat Detroit on Thanksgiving Day.

The Lions opened as 9 Point Favourites at Home to Tampa Bay this week.

According to fan picks the Lions are favoured to win by 94% - 6% picking the BUC's. That's an approximate ratio of 16:1

One might deduce from that.... that the Detroit Lions are heavily favoured and most likely will defeat the Tampa Bay BUC's this week. If so their record go to 7-4....entering Thanksgiving week.

If that's the case then the Packers go to Detroit and if they lost to the Lions. The Packers will fall to a 6-6 record and the Lions elevate to 8-4. We would trail the Lions by two (2) games with four to play.

That wouldn't concern you, as a win in Detroit isn't imperitive as long as we defeat Minny this week!??

Pugger....No ! :smile:

red
11-19-2013, 07:46 PM
yeah but if we lose to the queens and the lions beat the shitty bucs

then we are two games back. and we are in real trouble

and if we then lose to the lions, then the season is over for sure

this weeks game is as close to must win as it gets

what pugger is saying is that we HAVE to win both games, and we can't overlook this weeks game or we'll get loss and pretty much be done

woodbuck27
11-19-2013, 08:20 PM

what pugger is saying is that we HAVE to win both games, and we can't overlook this weeks game or we'll get loss and pretty much be done

Are we saying the same thing but in different ways?

I`m clearly saying that we must defeat the Vikings this week and then go into Detroit and win that game in week 13 as well. If we do so, we`ll be `most likely` tied with Detroit with a 7-5 record and get an edge over them in any tie break as it would stand to the end of week 13.

All that not considering what the Chicago Bears (6-5) will have done over the next two weeks....at St. Louis this week and at Minny in week 13.

We must win this week and we must win the following week in Detroit.

red
11-19-2013, 08:28 PM
yeah we are, and so is pugger. thats my point

you kept acting like you too were disagreeing, but i think you're both on the same page

Pugger
11-20-2013, 12:13 AM

Thanks Red.

Woody, what the hell difference does it make what some fan like me says about the game on an internet message board?? What Karma am I messing with? Good lord...

George Cumby
11-20-2013, 12:17 AM
If we cant stop Calvin Johnson it doesnt matter who the QB is on the Pack.

Anyone seen our secondary play recently?

pbmax
11-20-2013, 07:43 AM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 12h
The #Packers designated rookie OL J.C. Tretter as PUP-returned to practice today, keeping door open for return http://pck.rs/19ES6O0

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 12h
Also, #Packers released rookie offensive lineman Bryan Collins from the practice squad. He'd spent first 11 weeks with the club.

Not sure if the moves are related. The PS backup center is Gerhart I think.

The article makes this seem like Tertter could just be getting the maximum possible window to practice and return. It apparently hasn't happened yet.

woodbuck27
11-20-2013, 07:59 AM
Thanks Red.

Woody, what the hell difference does it make what some fan like me says about the game on an internet message board?? What Karma am I messing with? Good lord...

There you go mixing in with two separate posted issues:

a) The Packers schedule over the next two weeks and need or not to win:

b) A comment on recent strength issues with the Green Bay Packers and a Greg Jennings comment related to that. A comment that might 'only' 'FIRE UP' the misery that I see in a remaining healthy defensive roster. The bad karma that Greg Jennings comment might possible instill with any Packer players with a sense of real pride reading Greg Jennings comment.

That such a comment 'might' bring BAD KARMA upon the Minnesota Vikings in terms of a negative outcome for that game with the Packers this week (or week 12 of the NFL schedule).

I'll stick to my position and maybe that will be the end of it:

RE: a)

I`m clearly saying that we must defeat the Vikings this week and then go into Detroit and win that game in week 13 as well. If we do so, we`ll be `most likely` tied with Detroit with a 7-5 record and get an edge over them in any tie break as it would stand to the end of week 13.

All that not considering what the Chicago Bears (6-5) will have done over the next two weeks....at St. Louis this week and at Minny in week 13.

RE: b)

My comment on Greg Jennings comment and how that relates to bad karma is in direct reference to Greg Jennings comment and....

Not to you Pugger.

PACKERS !

run pMc
11-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Jennings can talk, but last I checked he didn't even play and is still gimpy. He's not exactly setting the league on fire this year.
Also:http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Greg-Jennings-Aaron-Rodgers.jpg

Let him talk...maybe it will be extra motivation for the secondary to actually show up.

pbmax
11-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Don't know how I missed this:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 17m
Played three snaps vs. #NYG. RT @bdonny13: Any word on if Sherrod will play this week against the Vikings?

Patler
11-20-2013, 10:25 AM
They said after the game that Sherrod was put in on a few special teams plays, to give him the feel of live action.

QBME
11-20-2013, 10:36 AM
They said after the game that Sherrod was put in on a few special teams plays, to give him the feel of live action.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...

Pugger
11-20-2013, 11:42 AM
There you go mixing in with two separate posted issues:

a) The Packers schedule over the next two weeks and need or not to win:

b) A comment on recent strength issues with the Green Bay Packers and a Greg Jennings comment related to that. A comment that might 'only' 'FIRE UP' the misery that I see in a remaining healthy defensive roster. The bad karma that Greg Jennings comment might possible instill with any Packer players with a sense of real pride reading Greg Jennings comment.

That such a comment 'might' bring BAD KARMA upon the Minnesota Vikings in terms of a negative outcome for that game with the Packers this week (or week 12 of the NFL schedule).

I'll stick to my position and maybe that will be the end of it:

RE: a)

RE: b)

My comment on Greg Jennings comment and how that relates to bad karma is in direct reference to Greg Jennings comment and....

Not to you Pugger.

PACKERS !

Oh, I missed that. :?

Tony Oday
11-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Unleash the Tolzien against the Vikes the first half. They have a TERRIBLE secondary, just wretched. Then with the three TD lead in the 3rd stamp us mail on Lacy and Starks butts are run them over.

This should be an easy win.

Pugger
11-20-2013, 11:52 AM
If Tolzien doesn't turn the ball over I like our chances. The queens run D isn't nearly as good as the Gmen either.

Tony Oday
11-20-2013, 12:37 PM
And Ponder is getting the start! Sweet.

Fritz
11-20-2013, 12:48 PM
And Ponder is getting the start! Sweet.

Whatever happened to Josh Freeman? Surely he has some grasp of their offense by now?

Guiness
11-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Whatever happened to Josh Freeman? Surely he has some grasp of their offense by now?

He couldn't make it, he had to stay home and take care of his pets

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/0204/jackson/10-1440X1920.jpg

Wow, that photo is at least as bad as the Sanchez GQ cover.

Seriously though, I've seen at least one article saying they're possibly not starting him because they know what they have and don't want other teams to see it and drive up his price in FA at the end of the year!

Cheesehead Craig
11-20-2013, 01:36 PM

I think they are truly scared of Freeman. There's not having a grasp of an offense and there's missing guys by 10-15 yards because one is inaccurate. He was far more the latter. Learning the playbook is so overrated in this case. Freeman wasn't some rookie who got put into action, he was a starter for the last 4 years. Don't buy the hype that they don't want his price to go up, he's just that bad right now.

Tony Oday
11-20-2013, 01:46 PM
Well Paul Allen from KFAN is expecting Freeman to start at home against the Bears or never start again for the Vikes.

Tony Oday
11-20-2013, 02:00 PM
In the end the key to the game really is scoring more points than the Vikings...if we do that we should win ;)

run pMc
11-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Yep, Frazier said Ponder will get the start. Wow...expected it to be Freeman. He must not be picking things up or showing anything in practice.
Who's better: Tolzien or Ponder?

Tony Oday
11-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Oh now it looks like AP might miss the game...

pbmax
11-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h
#Packers injuries: Barclay DNP; EDS LIM; Hayward DNP; Jolly DNP; Matthews FULL; Mulumba LIM; Neal LIM; Nixon DNP; Rodgers DNP; Shields DNP

More: Perry DNP; Pickett limited #Packers

pbmax
11-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
McCarthy on Shields/Barclay: Both in rehab phase. Haven't stepped out of that yet to practice.

MM: No update on Randall Cobb. He's off his segway. He's getting around a lot better, see him in weight room. He's getting healthy

MM: Anytime you have personnel changes, area it affects the most is special teams. It's a challenge. That's why you train all 61 players

MM: We've had people dare us to throw the football. We've had big games. We're balancing out the reality of how we're being played.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
McCarthy on Tolzien: Completion %-wise happy with how he's played. ...One outlying issue and that's the interceptions.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
McCarthy on Lacy's carries: "I don't think Eddie's hit the wall. If anything, I'd like to get all three of those backs involved."

MM: I don't think Eddie Lacy has hit wall. Guy I feel I neglected in opportunity was Franklin. Carried ball well in Cincinnati

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
McCarthy on Tretter: Good to have him out there. Did the individual work. Will be in pads tomorrow. Have a set plan for him.

pbmax
11-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Soft 'n Small Still A Problem?

Andrew Tiller Tiller (6-foot-4, 324 pounds) to their practice squad to replace guard Bryan Collins (6-3, 301).

http://www.packersnews.com/article/20131120/PKR0101/131120029?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

woodbuck27
11-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Oh now it looks like AP might miss the game...

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/story/Vikings-cautiously-optimistic-Adrian-Pet?blockID=963961&feedID=3697

Vikings 'cautiously optimistic' Adrian Peterson will play

BY: BRIAN HALL | Published: Wednesday, November 20, 2013, 2:35pm

" The Minnesota Vikings' MVP running back might be forced to suit up again this week with limited practice time. Peterson, dealing with a groin injury, missed practice Wednesday and coach Leslie Frazier wasn't sure when he would he would practice again this week and is holding out hope for Peterson to be ready by Sunday's game at Green Bay.

"I am, but cautiously optimistic, I guess I'll say," Frazier said Wednesday morning before Peterson sat out the team's afternoon practice outside.

Frazier wasn't sure how much work Peterson will be able to get in this week. Peterson missed Thursday and Friday's practices last week and struggled with the injury in Sunday's game, rushing 21 times for 65 yards. Peterson said after the game he missed opportunities to break long runs because of the injury.

Peterson told Green Bay reporters on a conference call Wednesday he expects to play."

Comment woodbuck27:

I'd be very surprized if AP doesn't play this week. That man is tough.

Guiness
11-20-2013, 04:00 PM
Getting real worried about Hayward. No way the injury should linger this long.

Even if he does return, I can't see him being effective with the time he's missed. My guess is he's the next one to IR, especially since Tretter is making progress.

pittstang5
11-20-2013, 04:38 PM

Even if he does return, I can't see him being effective with the time he's missed. My guess is he's the next one to IR, especially since Tretter is making progress.

Nixon or Hayward are my guesses for who could be next to IR. Nixon because they could stash him there and Hayward because that hamstring issue keeps popping up. I have no clue why Hayward wasn't put on IR immediately after the Eagles game.

With the piss poor play of the safeties lately, I'd like to see Richardson put on the 53 if anyone is IRed. He can't be any worse.

woodbuck27
11-20-2013, 04:44 PM

I always expected a hammy to take some time Guiness. If it's a more serious hammy >>> more time to heal and stand up.

The Packers have experience and this injury of late with CM III and Jordy Nelson among others as I recall.

denverYooper
11-20-2013, 05:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/102190/packers-injury-report-list-grows-to-12

Here’s the full injury report:
T Don Barclay (knee, did not practice)
C Evan Dietrich-Smith (knee, limited participation)
CB Casey Hayward (hamstring, did not practice)
DT Johnny Jolly (groin, did not practice)
LB Clay Matthews (thumb, full participation)
LB Andy Mulumba (ankle, limited participation)
LB Mike Neal (abdomen, limited participation)
CB James Nixon (knee, did not practice)
LB Nick Perry (foot/ankle, did not practice)
DT Ryan Pickett (knee, limited participation)
QB Aaron Rodgers (collarbone, did not practice)
CB Sam Shields (hamstring, did not practice)

So, to recap, their lone healthy OLB is a 6th round rookie, their 2 best CBs have been out, and their run stuffing DTs are banged up.

woodbuck27
11-20-2013, 05:25 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/2453/nfl-nation-buzz-minnesota-vikings-9?ex_cid=espnapi_public

NFL Nation Buzz: Minnesota Vikings

November, 20, 2013 ... 12:00 PM ET

By ESPN.com staff | ESPN.com

ESPN.com’s Vikings reporter Ben Goessling discusses the need to have Greg Jennings on the field when Minnesota travels to Green Bay on Sunday.

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
11-20-2013, 06:11 PM

I think, somewhere, there was some acknowledgment that the injury was significant, that coming back the first time was counter-productive and now they have to wait for the normal proscribed time and not take any more chances because if it keeps getting injured it will only get more severe.

I would be surprised to see him before the playoffs and not shocked if they IR him at some point.

Bretsky
11-20-2013, 07:04 PM
I've predicted Packer losses the past two weeks; I was pretty sure of myself.

I think Green Bay will win this week

red
11-20-2013, 07:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/102190/packers-injury-report-list-grows-to-12

Here’s the full injury report:
T Don Barclay (knee, did not practice)
C Evan Dietrich-Smith (knee, limited participation)
CB Casey Hayward (hamstring, did not practice)
DT Johnny Jolly (groin, did not practice)
LB Clay Matthews (thumb, full participation)
LB Andy Mulumba (ankle, limited participation)
LB Mike Neal (abdomen, limited participation)
CB James Nixon (knee, did not practice)
LB Nick Perry (foot/ankle, did not practice)
DT Ryan Pickett (knee, limited participation)
QB Aaron Rodgers (collarbone, did not practice)
CB Sam Shields (hamstring, did not practice)

So, to recap, their lone healthy OLB is a 6th round rookie, their 2 best CBs have been out, and their run stuffing DTs are banged up.

we've got em right where we want them

run pMc
11-21-2013, 08:01 AM
There's also the injured QB.

I would be shocked if Adrian Peterson did not play. The injury will affect him, but he's better at 75% than many RBs at 100% health.
I think they drag out when/if to IR Nixon and Hayward -- they don't have to make a decision now, and they might show enough health to keep them. I doubt it though.
Cobb likely takes Nixon's spot, and Rodgers takes Hayward's roster spot when he comes back. I think they let Tretter practice two weeks and IR him.

woodbuck27
11-21-2013, 08:05 AM
I've predicted Packer losses the past two weeks; I was pretty sure of myself.

I think Green Bay will win this week

Yup and they had better win or the light is a long ways at the end of a very dark tunnel.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-21-2013, 08:09 AM
There's also the injured QB.

I would be shocked if Adrian Peterson did not play. The injury will affect him, but he's better at 75% than many RBs at 100% health.
I think they drag out when/if to IR Nixon and Hayward -- they don't have to make a decision now, and they might show enough health to keep them. I doubt it though.
Cobb likely takes Nixon's spot, and Rodgers takes Hayward's roster spot when he comes back. I think they let Tretter practice two weeks and IR him.

Heck !

If they lose this week Vs Minny (which shouldn't happen).

They can IR all of them including Aaron Rodgers. Take a solid look at what we really have as backups on the team.

See what players like BJ Raji, Neal, Williams really are.

PACKERS !

pbmax
11-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Cobb gave no details of his injury to reporters yesterday. Would not discuss timetable or even confirm that his leg was broken.

I think Cobb might have played hockey previously.

woodbuck27
11-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Cobb gave no details of his injury to reporters yesterday. Would not discuss timetable or even confirm that his leg was broken.

I think Cobb might have played hockey previously.

and got a real concussion!? This is no sport for pussies. Injuries are obvious to fans as soon as they happen.

BUYER BEWARE !

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/danimendez07/bth_gladiator.jpg

Scariest Ice Hockey Injuries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8CZCX42X-o

Ohh what the heck...let's fly with a really tough sport. One where they use clubs, wear thick knives on their feet, put you to sleep really fast with crunching hits and punch the crap out of one another while the officials stand back and watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEEJ1gzdmAk

The TRUTH IS:

Actually you'll see serious injuries in many sports. How's this to feed your appetite. NO. 9 isn't pretty to watch nor is NO. 2 as their both brutal injuries. :

NO. 1 takes a QB's career on the field of play. He was an NFC Team QB who soon after turned to work in the football media. Can you guess who he was?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBicoCe6y48

denverYooper
11-21-2013, 12:08 PM
GOOD GRIEF!

Packerpedia ‏@Packerpedia 1m
Micah Hyde joins too large a segment of America today. He's not working out and wearing sweatpants.

denverYooper
11-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Tramon, House, and Bush are your only healthy CBs.

Spoon:

Eight #Packers missed practice: Hyde, Nixon, Shields, Barclay, Perry, Jolly, Rodgers, Hayward

I bet he tried to put Jolly and Rodgers together.

Guiness
11-21-2013, 12:53 PM
So an hour before last week's game he was supposed to go, and now 5 days later he's still not practicing? smh
When did Shields get hurt? At practice?

Guiness
11-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Peterson says he's playing and that the Vikings have a chance at the playoffs (they're 2-8).

GB not the only team with kool-aid drinkers!

Fritz
11-21-2013, 02:46 PM

Spoon:

Eight #Packers missed practice: Hyde, Nixon, Shields, Barclay, Perry, Jolly, Rodgers, Hayward

Somewhere else PB said he thought over the long haul the Packers suffer no more injuries than other teams.

Just for a point of comparision - a snapshot of a moment in time - and just because Thanksgiving's coming up, here's today's football headline in the Detroit News:

"Detroit Lions practice report: All participate except DE Israel Idonije"

Wow. Having that kind of injury report is like a sexual fantasy for a Packer fan.

woodbuck27
11-21-2013, 03:13 PM

Spoon:

" I bet he tried to put Jolly and Rodgers together. " denverYooper

Then you would have:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z9/haloisfat/bth_flag_jolly.jpg

Tony Oday
11-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Oh come on we are like the old man that says, "In my day." Type comments. We love the adversity...we point to the great year we had the Super Bowl year even though people were hurt.

denverYooper
11-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Oh come on we are like the old man that says, "In my day." Type comments. We love the adversity...we point to the great year we had the Super Bowl year even though people were hurt.

I agree. If the Packers can get Rodgers and some others back and go on a run at the end of the season, they could be the team that gets hot at the right time...

woodbuck27
11-21-2013, 03:46 PM
I agree. If the Packers can get Rodgers and some others back and go on a run at the end of the season, they could be the team that gets hot at the right time...

Way to go on HOLDING the FAITH.

woodbuck27
11-21-2013, 04:19 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1853178-minnesota-vikings-what-you-need-to-know-heading-into-week-12?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=minnesota-Vikings

Minnesota Vikings: What You Need to Know Heading into Week 12

By: Tim Arcand ...Featured Columnist on November 18, 2013

There are people who feel that a Vikings win is a bad thing at this point in the season. Last week, Michael Rand of the Star Tribune broke down the NFL race to be the worst and thus secure the top pick in the draft.

The Worst Teams in the NFL

Team - Wins - Losses - Win % of Opp.

Jacksonville - 1 - 9 - 0.377

Houston - 2 - 8 - 0.491

Atlanta -2 - 8 - 0.533

Minnesota - 2 - 8 - 0.548

Tampa Bay - 2 - 8 - 0.600

Washington - 3 - 7 - 0.500

" Right now, Jacksonville has the inside track to secure the top pick with only one win. Working against the Jaguars, however, is that they face the easiest remaining schedule (0. 377) of any team in the running."

Minnesota Vikings Injury Report for 2013

Player Position Injury Status

Greg Childs WR knees PUP List missed the entire season
Harrison Smith S foot IR started five games
Desmond Bishop LB knee IR played in five games
Zach Line FB knee IR played three games
Kyle Rudolph TE foot out missed last two games
Matt Asiata RB shoulder out active for six games
Letroy Guion NT knee out missed last two games
Greg Jennings WR achilles out missed Seattle game
Josh Robinson CB sternum out injured in Seattle game
John Sullivan C concussion TBD injured in Seattle game

What Must Improve: Turnovers

" ... the Vikings defense has been directly responsible for half of the team's losses. In three of these games they have surrendered the winning points on their opponents' last drive of the game.

In the other losses, the offense turned over ball a total of 13 times—a deficit of minus-10. For the season, the Vikings are a minus-eight in turnovers, ranking them 28th in the NFL. "

GO PACK GO !

red
11-21-2013, 05:23 PM
is cortisone a banned substance now

in years past if a guy had an owie, he would get an injection, get it wrapped up and go play

now you say you have a sore hammy and you get to sit out for half the season while still collecting paychecks for doing nothing at all

Pugger
11-21-2013, 05:40 PM

You're probably right, they'll put Hayward on IR and activate Tretter in 3 weeks.

pbmax
11-21-2013, 10:56 PM
So an hour before last week's game he was supposed to go, and now 5 days later he's still not practicing? smh
When did Shields get hurt? At practice?

He got hurt last Thursday I think, sat out Fri/Sat and tested it pre-game and couldn't go.

pbmax
11-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Hyde's self-report:

"Nothing major at all,” Hyde said after practice. “I'll be back out there tomorrow."

snip

Hyde said he wasn’t sure when he hurt his groin, but that he thought it was either a carryover from Sunday’s game at the New York Giants or from lifting on Monday. Either way, he sat out as a precaution with Hayward out for Sunday’s game, Shields “50/50” according to coach Mike McCarthy and Nixon’s status uncertain. The Packers’ three healthy cornerbacks in practice were Tramon Williams, Davon House and Jarrett Bush.

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/page.php?page_id=278

Guiness
11-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Hyde's self-report:

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/page.php?page_id=278

well, now you've gone and done it. If Bush is one of 3 healthy CBs he's pretty much a starter since the Pack play so much nickel. You've made the heads of about half a dozen posters here explode!

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 05:45 AM
well, now you've gone and done it. If Bush is one of 3 healthy CBs he's pretty much a starter since the Pack play so much nickel. You've made the heads of about half a dozen posters here explode!

I watched my recording of the game @GIANTS again last night before Saints at Falcons (TNF).

Certain things stood out:

BUSH gets my vote for 'fist pump of the year' for a tackle he made Vs GIANTS. Otherwise he looked like Raji and Morgan Burnett or invisible. Ohh ... his angle to try to make a tackle needs some work.

Pickett is still trying.

Jolly is in poor shape.

I liked what I saw overall in Micah Hyde. I like his physical style of play. I believe he will be OK.

Our ST kick and punt coverage is downright scary. See the fella with the ball>>>try to tackle him.

As a whole this team cannot tackle.

Memo to MM:

** Eddie Lacy cannot beat down walls. You do have more RB's Mike. Franklin might be more than a politician and Starks and what one carry. What's that all about?

** Ohh by the..... your OL sucks Mike. One running back running against a wall over and over again and all that negative yardage would be your lasting indicator of that fact.

** Your play calling>>>RUN-RUN-PASS-PUNT >>> SEE an average of 13 points score last two weeks. I'm Irish Mike so maybe it's just me but 'only 13 points' the last two weeks should be attended to Vs Minny.

** Scott Tolzien has an arm Mike so 'let him loose' ! It looks to me like he will be a good backup with coaching.

Memo to John Kuhn:

** Whenever you get that rare opportunity to carry the ball. Look right and left before always running straight ahead. By doing so you might discover a cake walk. Otherwise carry on bye.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 06:42 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/12

Updated: November 19, 2013, 3:18 PM ET

ESPN's 2013 NFL Power Rankings: Week 12

NO. 15 ... Packers (5-5) >>> Down 2 >>> Last Week: 13

" Eddie Lacy was hit at or behind the line on 10 of 14 rushes Sunday, the fourth time a player with 10 rushes finished with a negative yards before contact average. "

NO. 31 ... Vikings (2-8) >>> Down 1 >>> Last Week: 30

" Adrian Peterson had 21 rushes for 65 yards on Sunday, including 27 yards after contact. Peterson's 1.28 yards after contact per rush average was his third lowest this season. "

GO PACKERS !

bobblehead
11-22-2013, 08:17 AM
its only a must win if the lions and bears both win, and thats not a given

it would be nice if we won it though

and in order to win, we need to figure out how to get the ball in the endzone. and its not a tolzien or wallace or flynn problem, its a mike McCarthy playcall problem. we've been having massive problems in the redzone all year. if we don't get it figured out, then we aren't gonna win and there will be no point in making the playoffs

The way i see it we are losing every tie breaker for wildcard, so I believe this division game is must win. We can still sweep Detroit for the tie breaker, but that is gone with chicago. We must win out in division imo.

Pugger
11-22-2013, 08:24 AM
I watched my recording of the game @GIANTS again last night before Saints at Falcons (TNF).

Certain things stood out:

BUSH gets my vote for 'fist pump of the year' for a tackle he made Vs GIANTS. Otherwise he looked like Raji and Morgan Burnett or invisible. Ohh ... his angle to try to make a tackle needs some work.

Pickett is still trying.

Jolly is in poor shape.

I liked what I saw overall in Micah Hyde. I like his physical style of play. I believe he will be OK.

Our ST kick and punt coverage is downright scary. See the fella with the ball>>>try to tackle him.

As a whole this team cannot tackle.

Memo to MM:

** Eddie Lacy cannot beat down walls. You do have more RB's Mike. Franklin might be more than a politician and Starks and what one carry. What's that all about?

** Ohh by the..... your OL sucks Mike. One running back running against a wall over and over again and all that negative yardage would be your lasting indicator of that fact.

** Your play calling>>>RUN-RUN-PASS-PUNT >>> SEE an average of 13 points score last two weeks. I'm Irish Mike so maybe it's just me but 'only 13 points' the last two weeks should be attended to Vs Minny.

** Scott Tolzien has an arm Mike so 'let him loose' ! It looks to me like he will be a good backup with coaching.

Memo to John Kuhn:

** Whenever you get that rare opportunity to carry the ball. Look right and left before always running straight ahead. By doing so you might discover a cake walk. Otherwise carry on bye.

GO PACKERS !

Interesting. Why did so many of us think this line was doing a decent job before Rodgers got hurt? The reason why Lacy can't run is defenses aren't fearful of our passing game presently with Aaron out of there. It is a numbers game. Five linemen and 2 TEs can't hold off 8 in the box. If Tolzien can show he can throw it (and not to the other team) maybe DCs will respect the pass and not load up the LOS giving Lacy a place to run.

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 08:29 AM

in years past if a guy had an owie, he would get an injection, get it wrapped up and go play

now you say you have a sore hammy and you get to sit out for half the season while still collecting paychecks for doing nothing at all

Comment woodbuck27:

red ... my checks on your ? arrived here and my search RE: the use of cortisone and it being banned from use in the NFL or not?

Contrary to popular belief, not all steroids are banned substances. The steroids that are generally banned are anabolic steroids, which facilitate the growth of tissue, especially muscle.

Cortisone is a corticosteroid. It is used to reduce inflammation.

Cortisone: Is it worth the shot?

Paul White, USA TODAY Sports 9:06 a.m. EDT October 9, 2012

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2012/10/08/mlb-cortisone-shots/1621781/

Three or four shots a year

Matthew Matava, head physician for the NFL's St. Louis Rams and team physician for the NHL's St. Louis Blues, says there is a general rule when it comes to the number of injections: No more than three to four in a year.

"I suppose there are always exceptions to any rule," says Matava. "These are guidelines. They're sort of based on expert opinion as opposed to any hard and fast scientific data consisting of randomized, controlled trials.

"Certainly if you start getting into six to eight shots into a joint, that's where it becomes problematic.'' The biggest concern, says Matava: cartilage damage, or rupturing a tendon.

Here's a LINK to NFL banned substances:

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/Banned%20Substance%20List.pdf

Does anyone see cortisone on the list, as I didn't?

Read more:

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=428537#ixzz2lNyeHVOH

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7243606/nfl-players-tony-romo-ronde-barber-rely-new-painkiller-toradol

" By midseason, the pregame training room of every NFL team looks like a flu clinic. Players line up to get injected with a 1.5 inch, 22-gauge needle filled with Ketorolac tromethamine -- Toradol -- the NFL's most commonly used quick fix for what ails players.

A generation ago, cortisone was the NFL's wonder drug. Today, we know cortisone can lead to tissue damage, bone degeneration and ultimately bone death.

Not much is known about Toradol's long-term risks yet, but the drug is banned in several European countries because of concerns about potential gastrointestinal issues such as ulcers and surgical bleeding. Dr. Lawrence Brown, who oversees the NFL's drug program, says that the league educates players on the risks associated with all prescription medications and that each Toradol injection is carefully done by team doctors. "They make scientifically founded decisions based on the patient in front of them," he says." ..."

Click on the above LINK for more of the story on the NFL and the use of a pain killer.

GO PACK GO !

bobblehead
11-22-2013, 08:32 AM

Cortisone only helps with joint inflammation, not hammys. Also, it has been proven to weaken ligaments and tendons over time adding to risk of rupture/tear. I think they have been backing off of it over the years.

bobblehead
11-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Interesting. Why did so many of us think this line was doing a decent job before Rodgers got hurt? The reason why Lacy can't run is defenses aren't fearful of our passing game presently with Aaron out of there. It is a numbers game. Five linemen and 2 TEs can't hold off 8 in the box. If Tolzien can show he can throw it (and not to the other team) maybe DCs will respect the pass and not load up the LOS giving Lacy a place to run.

Which is why I keep coming back to balance. You must be able to run, but you also must be able to pass. To be effective you must do the opposite of what the defense is stacking to stop. HOWEVER, this line is better at run blocking that lines of the past few years. They stay engaged. They fight. Newhouse is the exception, at this point I don't even know why he is on the roster.

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Which is why I keep coming back to balance. You must be able to run, but you also must be able to pass. To be effective you must do the opposite of what the defense is stacking to stop. HOWEVER, this line is better at run blocking that lines of the past few years. They stay engaged. They fight. Newhouse is the exception, at this point I don't even know why he is on the roster.

Newhouse and Packer OL >>> from the LHS >>> to the RHS >>> Out the door as it looks now.

Patler
11-22-2013, 09:17 AM

There is another factor that MM mentioned briefly this week, the difference between Rodgers and Tolzien in recognizing defenses and switching out of running plays that will not work based on what the defense is showing, or switching into a running play when the defense gives it to them. He mentioned a play in which Lacy lost yardage and said the play should never have been run based on what the defense had shown. I don't remember if Tolzien stayed with the original call when he shouldn't have, or if he changed a play incorrectly.

denverYooper
11-22-2013, 09:32 AM
There is another factor that MM mentioned briefly this week, the difference between Rodgers and Tolzien in recognizing defenses and switching out of running plays that will not work based on what the defense is showing, or switching into a running play when the defense gives it to them. He mentioned a play in which Lacy lost yardage and said the play should never have been run based on what the defense had shown. I don't remember if Tolzien stayed with the original call when he shouldn't have, or if he changed a play incorrectly.

IIRC, there was at least one instance where he checked into the wrong play.

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 09:55 AM

The experience factor there is huge.

Tolzien needs so much more time to exhibit comfort and judgement.

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 10:35 AM
OK Vegas has rung in on this game and established the Packers as 4.5 Pt. favourites.

Patler
11-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Don't they consider home field to be worth 3 points? They don't think much of the Packers.

George Cumby
11-22-2013, 11:25 AM
Don't they consider home field to be worth 3 points? They don't think much of the Packers.

I don't know if the team has given them reason to think much of them.......

Cheesehead Craig
11-22-2013, 11:31 AM
I didn't hear it, but a sports radio show from the Twin Cities here was in Vegas last week broadcasting and they had the head guy who sets the betting lines from Binion's Casino who said that Ponder starting is worth 3-4 pts by himself. So if another QB was starting for MN (even Cassel or Freeman), the line would be just about even. They had mentioned this yesterday on the air. I found that a bit shocking they would come out and say that.

MadScientist
11-22-2013, 11:45 AM
After the last 3 weeks, who would. The only reason the Packers are favored is because Peterson has a groin injury. The Vikings suck, but without AR the Packers are the Vikings. I'd like to hope that another week of practice will help get Tolzien up to speed. But that's just hope, not something I would put real money on.

MadScientist
11-22-2013, 11:47 AM
I didn't hear it, but a sports radio show from the Twin Cities here was in Vegas last week broadcasting and they had the head guy who sets the betting lines from Binion's Casino who said that Ponder starting is worth 3-4 pts by himself. So if another QB was starting for MN (even Cassel or Freeman), the line would be just about even. They had mentioned this yesterday on the air. I found that a bit shocking they would come out and say that.
Aren't they saying of Cassel or Freeman were staring the line would be 7-8 points?

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 12:27 PM

I'm referring to the way the OL is now not anything when/whatever Pugger.

I'm concerned with the immediate past and how that might affect the immediate future or next game.

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 02:14 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1854292-greg-jennings-injury-updates-on-vikings-wrs-achilles-likely-return-date?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=minnesota-Vikings

Greg Jennings Injury: Updates on Vikings WR's Achilles, Likely Return Date

By Patrick Clarke (Featured Columnist) on November 17, 2013

" Jennings has recovered from an Achilles injury that sidelined him last week against Seattle. But he is unsure what kind of reception he will receive at Lambeau Field, where he played seven seasons for the Packers and was part of their 2010 Super Bowl championship team.

"I really don't have any expectations for a reception," he said Thursday. "That's not why I'm going over there, for a reception. I'm going over there focused on getting the Vikings a win, focused on us trying to get better.
"Obviously it's going to be different. I'll be used to the field. Locker room will be a little different. Change of scenery is always good.".."

pbmax
11-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Hyde, Shields, Nixon and Hayward all missed practice. M3 said he expects Hyde to play.

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 06:56 PM

If you consider the Packers entire season Vegas might have made the Pack 9 point favourites.

I'm guessing that they cut that in half due to the drop off with Scott Tolzien for Aaron Rodgers.

PACKERS !

Joemailman
11-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Hyde, Shields, Nixon and Hayward all missed practice. M3 said he expects Hyde to play.

I have visions of Jarrett Bush trying to cover Jennings. I hope they stop.

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 07:47 PM
I have visions of Jarrett Bush trying to cover Jennings. I hope they stop.

I'd love to see this game.

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 08:32 PM

Also this is a large factor and the Packers and -4.5:

http://lombardiave.com/2013/11/22/hells/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending%20on%20FS

Green Bay Packers: What the hell’s going on out here?

By Raymond Rivard - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 3:28 pm

" Once again, the Packers are back to their usual tricks as it pertains to injuries and the prospect of again not having key players on the field come Sunday when they face a must-win situation when they host NFC North Division rival Minnesota Vikings.

Just when it seemed they were coming out of the woods and healing up, the injury list explodes with of players suffering maladies that have seemingly come out of nowhere or continue to linger."

Here’s the complete list:

• Don Barclay – Out

• Evan Dietrich-Smith – Probable

• Casey Hayward – Out

Micah Hyde should play Sunday, but he's not 100 percent.

• Micah Hyde – Probable

• Johnny Jolly – Doubtful

• Clay Matthews – Probable

• Andy Mulumba – Probable

• Mike Neal – Probable

• James Nixon – Out

• Nick Perry – Out

• Ryan Pickett – Probable

• Aaron Rodgers – Out

• Sam Shields – Questionable

" In addition to the ongoing situation with Aaron Rodgers, it looks like the Packers will be without Johnny Jolly, a defensive lineman who would be a valued member of a team that is charged with stopping Adrian Peterson (though the Vikings’ running back himself is questionable heading into Sunday’s game). But on top of that, cornerback Sam Shields, the Packers best cover corner is questionable. Even if he plays, he won’t be at top speed. I would be very surprised if he hits the field Sunday."

Comment woodbuck27:

So there ladies and gentleman you discover a reason or a large contributing factor why the Green Bay Packers are 'only' 4.5 point Fav's over the Vikings at LLambeau Field this Sunday or week 12 in the NFL schedule.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
11-23-2013, 05:18 AM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-searching-for-healthy-cornerbacks/79b46dd6-5a9f-4771-affb-00a2a926da88

Packers searching for healthy cornerbacks

Posted Nov 21, 2013

Mike Spofford packers.com staff writer

Clay Matthews: “It starts this week; we need this one”

The bad news:

" The cornerback position is more banged up than it’s been all year for the Packers, and not exactly at a good time. "

CLICK above LINK for the latest update on the teams health.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-23-2013, 05:22 AM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/One-last-look-Packers-need-to-get-a-lead/3e261202-1e76-4b62-84c9-0498d6c4d545

One last look: Packers need to get a lead

Posted 14 hours ago

For first time in McCarthy era, Packers have never had lead in two straight games

" The Packers haven’t had the lead at any juncture in either of their last two games, and that’s not something they’re accustomed to.

In fact, these last two games mark the first time in the Mike McCarthy era the Packers have gone back-to-back games without ever playing with a lead. In both games against the Eagles and Giants, the Packers fell behind with between five and six minutes left in the first quarter and trailed the rest of the way. They never even tied the score. "

Click on the LINK for the entire story.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-23-2013, 05:26 AM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/What-You-Mightve-Missed-No-room-to-run/f24f82e8-92d7-47ba-ba9b-98d603391bb8

What You Might've Missed: No room to run

Posted Nov 21, 2013

" Packers running backs rushed for just 38 yards last Sunday against the Giants, the team's worst output on the ground in 2013. Eddie Lacy had just 27 yards on 14 carries.

In this week's edition, I take a closer look at how the Giants were defending the run, and why the Packers were having so much trouble finding running room."

See VIDEO Analysis.

Comment woodbuck27:

Somehow MM and his staff have to figure this one out Vs Vikings. I believe that Scott Tolzien can pass for TD's this week ....

YES! Touchdowns !

I predict that Scott Tolzien will pass for two TD's and at the same time protect the ball and that Packer fans will sit the Vikings 'D' back on their heals and open up the running game.

No big game ever in the past is as BIG as this game. We need to see our beloved Green Bay Packers win this game Vs Minny.

That's collectively where we need to be or positive that our side will win. It's 'ALL In' on Sunday.

Win this game !!

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-23-2013, 05:59 AM
http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Green-Bay-Packers-have-more-to-give/1c75179d-de41-4636-a659-b6c3a648de23

Posted: 12 hours ago

Green Bay Packers have more to give

Watch this Video !!

See what members of the Green Bay Packers had to say about getting back on track and facing the Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field in Week 12.

Believe in 'YOUR PACKERS' !

They have more to give and they will give it.

If you allow the short time you'll see some more ie Jordy Nelson and his very positive support for our QB Scott Tolzien and the passing game.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-23-2013, 06:07 AM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Packers-vs-Vikings-Five-Key-Matchups/556aa427-953b-4d00-810c-c71921b524a6

Packers vs. Vikings: Five Key Matchups

Posted 17 hours ago

BY: Vic Ketchman packers.com editor

1. Packers front seven vs. Adrian Peterson

2. Tramon Williams vs. Greg Jennings

3. Scott Tolzien vs. Christian Ponder

4. Evan Dietrich-Smith vs. Kevin Williams

5. Packers coverage teams vs. Vikings returners

Get details of these five matchups by clicking on the LINK above.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-23-2013, 06:14 AM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Winning-passer-rating-battle-requires-interceptions/655f8334-55e2-47b3-8214-d48f61bfa100

Winning passer rating battle requires interceptions

Posted 15 hours ago

BY: Vic Ketchman ... packers.com editor

First cold weather of the season expected on Sunday

GREEN BAY—

" Even in their worst year, the Packers could count on their defense taking the ball away. They were the kings of it. They’ve lost their crown this year.

An interception by Tramon Williams last Sunday raised the Packers’ interceptions total to a league-low four this season. It’s not how you win the battle of the passer ratings, a Dom Capers formula for success in the contemporary game.

“We know we’re capable of it. We just haven’t done it,” Capers said as he spoke with reporters on Friday, two days prior to Sunday’s critical NFC North game against the visiting Minnesota Vikings. ... "

CLICK on the LINK for the entire story on this subject of concern. A concern that must be turned around starting this week.

Comment woodbuck27:

If we go +2 in TO margin then we'll more than likely win this game Vs Minny.

WE will see the Packers win this game over the Vikings.

GO PACKERS !

bobblehead
11-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Jolly is out. CJ better do me proud.

Pugger
11-23-2013, 07:04 AM
Fortunately CJ is a good run stuffer than pass rusher so I hope he and his friends can keep AP from running wild.

woodbuck27
11-23-2013, 07:04 AM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic/article-1/Fans-and-Packers-will-respond-against-Vikings/0be7e466-95b0-42a9-9efa-a07e68af2011

Fans and Packers will respond against Vikings

FROM ASK Viv..... Posted Nov 19, 2013

It’s time to keep it real and seek perspective

Justin from Oshkosh, WI

Do you think it’s time to dump the coaching staff and start over?

" No, I don’t think it’s time to do that, Justin. At the risk of being accused of toeing the company line – you accept that criticism when you take this job – I think this is a very good coaching staff that has amazed me with its ability to teach the game of football. Allow me, please, to paint a picture for you: Aaron Rodgers is out. Randall Cobb is out. Jermichael Finley is out. Casey Hayward has been out nearly all year. Bryan Bulaga has never been in. Rodgers’ backup is out. Sam Shields is out. Nick Perry is out. Don Barclay is out. Clay Matthews is just back. Did I miss anyone? We’re talking about star players missing long stretches of the season. I know of no coaching staff that could endure this kind of attrition. That next-man-up stuff sounds nice, but that’s coachspeak and I’m a reporter/marketing copywriter, and I deal in plain talk. Add up the cap hits those players represent, and then subtract that from the team’s cap and ask yourself if it would be your expectation that the team should win playing with that kind of cap disadvantage. Packers fans have wonderful energy and enthusiasm, but I would prescribe a dose of reality right now."

Jake from Yorkville, IL

Vic, I’m confused on what our defense is doing wrong in coverage? Is it a matter of scheme and a matter of playing zone? I feel we have the talent, I just don’t know what’s going on. Ideas?

" The No. 1 question/complaint in my inbox following Sunday’s game was that the Packers didn’t play enough press coverage. In doing the quarterly stories and “Ask Vic Halftime” as the game is being played, I can’t focus sharply on the schemes being employed. I’ll look presnap and think to myself, “They’re loading up against the run,” which the Giants did. Then I’ll see two deep safeties, which I did a couple of times, and I’ll think to myself, “There’s cover two; why didn’t they run the ball?” That’s about as deep as I can get into the schematic part of the game on game day. I’d have to sit down and pore over the tape and, frankly, I still can’t be sure of what I’m seeing. The one thing I’ve learned from having spent so much time with coaches is that you can never really know about the scheme without them telling you, and they’re not gonna tell you. Here’s what I believe to be true: The coaches are putting the players in the best positions to win. They know what the players can and can’t do, and the coaches marry the scheme so that what’s going on in the back complements what’s going on up front. I know this team is giving up big plays on defense right now. It’s the No. 1 failing of the defense, and playing press coverage would usually worsen that situation. Is it scheme? I would say no. It has been my experience that when poor play is repetitive, the problem is the playing, not the plays. The answer you seek will be revealed in the offseason. We’ll know then what the problem was."

for more click on the LINK please.

Headline prediction come this Monday morning:

PACKERS Take Down the Vikings !

bobblehead
11-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Ok, time for a bold prediction. With Barclay out and Newhouse sucking I see Minny as the Derrick Sherrod coming out party...not out of the closet, but, well, you know.

I pray to all that is holy he is up to the task.

Pugger
11-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Woody, Vic is right. The number of starters we don't have available is ridiculous. You can only cover up so many holes with the 'next man up.' Sooner or later you run out of bodies. The only good thing about tomorrow is the queens are in worse shape than we are and will have crappy QB play until at least 2014.

Pugger
11-23-2013, 07:11 AM
Ok, time for a bold prediction. With Barclay out and Newhouse sucking I see Minny as the Derrick Sherrod coming out party...not out of the closet, but, well, you know.

I pray to all that is holy he is up to the task.

Can he be any worse than Newhouse? :???:

bobblehead
11-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Can he be any worse than Newhouse? :???:

I can't see how. I think anyone that doesn't quit the second he is engaged will be better than Newhouse. I was down on him last year as a bottom 5 starting LT in the NFL, but from what I have seen this season he has regressed to not belonging on an NFL roster.

I equate him to Allen Babre who I thought showed tremendous talent, quickness, agility. The man had some of the best cut blocks I recall seeing, but suddenly he stopped engaging guys when he was anointed a starting spot. Newhouse never flashed anything other than great footwork, and the minute he isn't in perfect position he quits. I don't get it.

woodbuck27
11-23-2013, 07:17 AM
Woody, Vic is right. The number of starters we don't have available is ridiculous. You can only cover up so many holes with the 'next man up.' Sooner or later you run out of bodies. The only good thing about tomorrow is the queens are in worse shape than we are and will have crappy QB play until at least 2014.

I don't want to talk any negatives going into a day before this big game. At the same time I realize that so many injuries affect every aspect of the teams game. The trickle down effect is obvious. After that I see that the team needs more on the roster. That more will come from the draft.

Moving to the now:

I really believe we win this one Pugger.

We have to win this game. A loss tomorrow can't happen.

This is 'the biggest game' !

PACKERS WIN !

red
11-23-2013, 07:43 AM
and a nice little forecast for kickoff tomorrow

mostly cloudy with wind out of the west at 10-15 mph. temp should be right around 20 with a windchill in the single digits

in other words, it gonna be cold as fuck

advantage - us

woodbuck27
11-23-2013, 07:57 AM
and a nice little forecast for kickoff tomorrow

mostly cloudy with wind out of the west at 20 mph. temp should be right around 20 with a windchill in the single digits

in other words, it gonna be cold as fuck

advantage - us

AWESOME !

My work here is done.

Now I have the Pro Pickem to set. Another interesting week.

GO PACK GO !

Upnorth
11-23-2013, 08:53 AM
If tolzien can stop throwing picks our b team might win.

woodbuck27
11-23-2013, 12:50 PM
If tolzien can stop throwing picks our b team might win.

The Packers 'will' win.

Upnorth are you enjoying Regina?

Are you having a real blast?

How was your head this morning upon waking?

If I came to your room for a sociable. What would you have on ice pour moi?

Upnorth
11-23-2013, 01:00 PM
If your in town pm me and I'll try to meet up with the one and only Woodbuck.
I don't have a room in Regina, we are only an hour away and rooms have been booked for a year almost. This morning I served orange juice and a bottle of milk at about 7 am after making it home not much before that. Someday I'll learn. Don't have much of a voice today.

Go Riders!!

woodbuck27
11-23-2013, 01:08 PM
If your in town pm me and I'll try to meet up with the one and only Woodbuck.
I don't have a room in Regina, we are only an hour away and rooms have been booked for a year almost. This morning I served orange juice and a bottle of milk at about 7 am after making it home not much before that. Someday I'll learn. Don't have much of a voice today.

Go Riders!!

Very cool.

Of course you know your side is six (6) point favourites.

I'll post that story in the proper thread.

woodbuck27
11-24-2013, 06:41 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1861831-tactical-advantage-how-the-packers-can-beat-the-vikings-without-aaron-Rodgers

Tactical Advantage: How the Packers Can Beat the Vikings Without Aaron Rodgers

By: Ty Schalter (NFL National Lead Writer) on November 23, 2013

" The Packers now have zero margin for error. They're one game behind the Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears in the NFC North race, and head coach Mike McCarthy "[doesn't] have a timetable" for Rodgers' return, per Tyler Dunne of the Journal-Sentinel.

Playing against the Vikings at home, the Packers simply must win.

How can they do it without Rodgers?"

" To someone who didn't watch the Week 11 matchup against the Giants, Scott Tolzien's performance sounded pretty typical for an undrafted reserve quarterback who didn't even camp with the team: No touchdown passes and three interceptions in a 27-13 loss.

However, Tolzien completed 24 of 34 passes for 339 yards. Interceptions or no, completing 70.6 percent of your passes for an average of 9.97 yards per attempt is not easy to do in the NFL.

Let's look at what Tolzien and the Packers did right and what they did wrong. Vs the GIANTS " and more....

Comment woodbuck27:

Do you agree with this?

On the Right Track

" The Vikings are the NFL's worst scoring defense, per Pro Football Reference, allowing 32 points per game. They're ranked 10th worst in the NFL in average yards per attempt allowed, with 6.8, but 10th best in average yards per rushing carry allowed.

The Packers will again try to run to set up the pass, and Lacy may well have some success. To put up points, though, they'll need to throw—and throw safely.

Forcing Tolzien to do a lot of field-reading is not the way to protect the football:

Just as they did against the Giants, the Packers should hold off on deploying max protect until the Vikings generate effective pass rush. Even after that, the Packers need to make sure Tolzien always has a hot route, or outlet receiver, to go to in case his first read isn't open."

Please click on the above LINK for the authors analysis of the Packers offense last week Vs the New York GIANTS .

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-24-2013, 07:10 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1861385-where-must-the-green-bay-packers-see-improvement-to-beat-Vikings

Where Must the Green Bay Packers See Improvement to Beat Vikings?

By: Zach Kruse (Featured Columnist) on November 23, 2013

.;.. " if Green Bay can see noticeable improvement in several key areas, including Scott Tolzien's ability to handle the blitz, running the football against defenses designed to stop it and getting big plays out of the defense and special teams, the Packers can make their stand Sunday and provide Rodgers with a chance to get Green Bay into the postseason once he returns from his fractured collarbone. "

Tolzien Against the Blitz

" According to Pro Football Focus (subscription required), four of Tolzien's five interceptions have come when defenses bring five or more rushers. While his passer rating sits at a very respectable 94.9 against a typical pass rush, it drops to just 40.1 with an extra rusher involved.

The Vikings will know these figures. The blitz will be coming again for Tolzien on Sunday.

Overall, Tolzien hasn't been slow with the football or his decision-making against extra pressure. The Packers have allowed just one sack over the last two games. But making a quick read and delivering on the right decision are two mutually exclusive traits that a young, inexperienced Tolzien hasn't yet put together.

in his second straight and third NFL game, Tolzien should be making progression in feeling a blitz coming in the pre-snap and then finding his safety valve quickly.

On Sunday, improvement in this area could be the difference between Tolzien giving the game away and the Packers playing safe, winning offense."

Running Against Stacked Boxes

" With Rodgers under center, the Packers were emerging as one of the NFL's dominant running teams this season. Three different times the team cracked 180 yards in a game, and ahead of Week 9, Green Bay was ranked in the top-five in rushing per game.

Defenses have smartened up since then.

[I]" According to Rob Demovsky of ESPN, the Eagles and Giants played the Packers offense with seven or more defenders in the box on almost 50 percent of the combined snaps. That was an uptick of nearly 23 percent from when Rodgers was healthy.

It takes a special kind of offensive line and a special kind of running back to beat eight-man boxes. The Packers have the beginning of both, but neither have proved capable of consistently winning against these looks.

The best solution to beating eight-man boxes is hurting the defense in the passing game. But even then, defenses might not back off with Tolzien under center.

The Packers simply need to run better against stacked fronts."

Creating Big Plays on Defense and Special Teams

" In the first meeting between these two teams, the Packers received a punt return for a score and started four drives beyond their own 25-yard line. Rodgers took advantage of those opportunities, scoring a season-high 44 points.

The Rodgers-less Packers now need a similar output from the defense and special teams in the second meeting.

Far too often, Tolzien is starting drives deep in its own territory. "

The Packers and Takeaways:

The Packers have just nine takeaways, including only two in the last four games. Tramon Williams' interception in New York halted a likely scoring drive for the Giants, but it didn't help the offense in any way in terms of field position.

Overall, the Packers have scored just 23 points off turnovers this season, ranking last in the NFL.

Kick Returns and Field Position

" Kick returns remain a huge problem, as Green Bay is averaging just 17.4 yards per return. No other team is averaging less than 20 this season. Punt returns have been better, but the defense isn't making enough big stops deep in opponent's territory for the Packers to take advantage field position-wise.

The Packers offense has obviously shot itself in the foot with turnovers recently, but the unit hasn't received much in terms of help from the defense or special teams. That could use a change Sunday against the Vikings."

Please click on the LINK for all of it.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-24-2013, 07:37 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1859232-vikings-vs-packers-breaking-down-minnesotas-game-plan

Vikings vs. Packers: Breaking Down Minnesota's Game Plan

By: Tim Arcand (Featured Columnist) on November 20, 2013

Comment woodbuck27:

This is interesting and bold...

"...the game plan that head coach Leslie Frazier uses can overcome even the best effort. If Frazier survives this season and is still coaching Dec. 30, then he was directed to tank. There's no other explanation for some of the moves made this season."

When the Vikings Have the Ball

" The Packers pass defense is almost as bad as that of the Vikings. They have given up 18 touchdowns with only four interceptions—that's half as many picks as the Vikings.

It will be interesting to see what gives—the Packers pick off one of Ponder's passes, or wide receiver Jerome Simpson catches his first touchdown as a Viking.

Ponder should find a way to continue getting the ball to tight end John Carlson. Over the last two games, Carlson has led the Vikings with 12 receptions and 167 yards. He's been most successful catching the ball in the middle of the field, picking up big chunks of yards—at least what is considered big chunks for the Vikings. "

The Packers Running Game:

" The Vikings should go all out to stop the run, and go with a man-to-man defense against the Packers receivers. With the Packers' injury report from Pro Football Reference listing 22 players, the Packers have a depleted roster. "

Overall

" Putting pressure on Tolzien, and taking away any time to find a secondary receiver, should work in favor for the Vikings—unless of course they have no intentions of winning this game.

Then we know something is up. *** "

Comment woodbuck27:

*** This author (Tim Arcand) is as much saying that if the Green Bay Packers win today. Then the Vikings HC Leslie Frazier tossed the game under orders from his employer. Good grief that's a bold position for this author to take. Why not just leave it as the game is played on the field?

The position this author takes stinks IMO. I can't imagine that Leslie Frazier will hand the Packers this game. I'm adding here that if that's the case then why play AP and Greg Jennings today? Why not hold these two important Vikings out? It was announced just now on NFL.Com that both are up and ready to go today.

ALL the same....... at the end of this day we'll be able to assess it all .

GO PACK GO !

run pMc
11-24-2013, 11:05 AM
I don't believe any coach would intentionally throw a game...too much scrutiny, and they'd never work again. Those guys are too competitive, and he'd lose his team completely. Frazier hasn't "lost" his team, although his OC and DC have.

It's a division game, so there's always a chance for an upset. Without Rodgers these teams are more evenly matched. I'm going with GB to squeak one out -- it's gonna be a cold day and I don't think Ponder's going to like that. low scoring affair.

IMO it's not about whether Frazier throws the game, but whether GB's defense will step up, keep Peterson/Patterson bottled up, and "win the turnover battle".

Infamous
11-24-2013, 12:21 PM
WOW