PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers' Status

Infamous
11-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Not sure if anyone has posted that Aaron is able to throw without pain at this time!!

:wow:

Yippee..two more weeks?

woodbuck27
11-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Not sure if anyone has posted that Aaron is able to throw without pain at this time!!

:wow:

Yippee..two more weeks?

LINK or reference please.

Thanks

red
11-19-2013, 07:13 PM
he can throw and run, he says pain is not a problem. he says the problem is that if he takes another hit before the break is healed then he might end up missing the rest of the season and could have some longer term effects

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/19/aaron-rodgers-pain-isnt-an-issue-taking-a-hit-is/

so the question is, how desperate are we? if we lose the next two weeks without him, then there will be no reason for him to return, our season will be over

if we play him, then we have a chance to win and make the playoffs, but if he gets hit again, then the season is over for sure

its a tough call

if we lose this weekend, then i think we almost have to risk him playing in the lions game, it will be time to hit the panic button and pull out all the stops

gbgary
11-19-2013, 07:36 PM
yup...saying 6-8 weeks. we're done if that's true. can't get it done with average qb play AND the current injury situation.

red
11-19-2013, 07:41 PM
yup...saying 6-8 weeks. we're done if that's true. can't get it done with average qb play AND the current injury situation.

thats what i've been saying all along. bones take 6 weeks to heal. no if ands or buts

except in my case where bones take over 16 fucking weeks to heal

woodbuck27
11-19-2013, 07:42 PM
he can throw and run, he says pain is not a problem. he says the problem is that if he takes another hit before the break is healed then he might end up missing the rest of the season and could have some longer term effects

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/19/aaron-rodgers-pain-isnt-an-issue-taking-a-hit-is/

so the question is, how desperate are we? if we lose the next two weeks without him, then there will be no reason for him to return, our season will be over

if we play him, then we have a chance to win and make the playoffs, but if he gets hit again, then the season is over for sure

its a tough call

if we lose this weekend, then i think we almost have to risk him playing in the lions game, it will be time to hit the panic button and pull out all the stops

Under those conditions the call is too easy.

Aaron Rodgers doesn`t get a medical go ahead to play until his collarbone is entirely healed.

It`s fully on the medical people who will follow Aarons injury to get it right.

There can be no other hero`s in this serious matter.

PACKERS !

mission
11-19-2013, 07:48 PM
I know this isn't apples-to-apples, but my 3 year old son had a severe break above his elbow --- required surgery, two inserted pins and a full arm cast. Had that thing off in two weeks and was using his hand/arm just fine in a couple of days after that. I don't think there's a 6 week rule and yes I know children's bones are growing and heal a lot faster.

red
11-19-2013, 07:55 PM
I know this isn't apples-to-apples, but my 3 year old son had a severe break above his elbow --- required surgery, two inserted pins and a full arm cast. Had that thing off in two weeks and was using his hand/arm just fine in a couple of days after that. I don't think there's a 6 week rule and yes I know children's bones are growing and heal a lot faster.

i would actually feel better if he had pins or a plate inserted, then there would be some extra strength protecting it

i was never even put in a cast, i was in a soft cast for a week. that was it. but i was told i had to take it very easy or i would risk a complete rebreak. i have been able to walk freely for 3 weeks. i had an x-ray today, and my bones are still obviously broken. 15 weeks after i broke it.

and yet i can still walk on it. just can't afford a rebreak at this point which i was told today can still happened because its not completely healed.

the point of the story is. i think those pins in your kids arm, and my plate and screws make a huge difference. without his pins, he's probably still in his cast. without my plates and screws, i'm not walking

i've been wondering if it wouldn't have been better for a-rod to have some pins put in right away. then he probably could have played as soon as the pain was gone

WHOOP 15,000!!!!!!

gbgary
11-19-2013, 08:20 PM
was hoping it was just a crack. guess not.

pbmax
11-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Congrats red.

He said on his radio show that a typical return from a break in the collarbone is 6-8 weeks but he never said that was his timeline. Some people read into it that he was hinting at a longer absence (he did say ESPN's report of a "minor" break that would be 3 weeks was baloney).

But they way he was taking, he sounded like someone who was not going to wait 6 full weeks to return once he cleared a certain a threshold that could survive another hit to the collarbone. If he injures it worse, its a lengthier rehab and it runs trough the rest of the season and offseason.

Its tough to say because he is being coy and Wilde did an especially bad job this week asking questions about it.

pbmax
11-19-2013, 08:24 PM
was hoping it was just a crack. guess not.

I think it is, if it as a displaced or complete fracture, he would be immobilized and not throwing. It would need 2 weeks + to set.

woodbuck27
11-19-2013, 08:24 PM
i would actually feel better if he had pins or a plate inserted, then there would be some extra strength protecting it

i was never even put in a cast, i was in a soft cast for a week. that was it. but i was told i had to take it very easy or i would risk a complete rebreak. i have been able to walk freely for 3 weeks. i had an x-ray today, and my bones are still obviously broken. 15 weeks after i broke it.

and yet i can still walk on it. just can't afford a rebreak at this point which i was told today can still happened because its not completely healed.

the point of the story is. i think those pins in your kids arm, and my plate and screws make a huge difference. without his pins, he's probably still in his cast. without my plates and screws, i'm not walking

i've been wondering if it wouldn't have been better for a-rod to have some pins put in right away. then he probably could have played as soon as the pain was gone

WHOOP 15,000!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on 15K Posts red.

Jimx29
11-20-2013, 12:43 AM
Rub some dirt in it and get the fuck out there.
Wanna earn a cutler nickname?

woodbuck27
11-20-2013, 04:47 AM
Some more on the latest Aaron Rodgers recovery:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000284841/article/aaron-rodgers-not-in-pain-but-not-ready-for-packers

Aaron Rodgers not in pain, but not ready for Packers

By Chris Wesseling ... Around the League Writer

Published: Nov. 19, 2013 at 06:33 p.m. ... Updated: Nov. 19, 2013 at 09:39 p.m.

" Rodgers is 15 days into a healing process that typically takes six to eight weeks.

"I think you have to put it into that context," the signal-caller said, "as opposed to (other reports) out there."

Asked about his chances of returning to game action this week, Rodgers referenced the "one in a million" scene from the movie "Dumb and Dumber."

The quarterback would have to be on the field testing his shoulder at least two days before a game. In other words, Rodgers will have to practice by next Tuesday to play on Thanksgiving against the Lions. ..."

PACKERS !

pittstang5
11-20-2013, 06:59 AM
The biggest punch in the face out of all of this has been the pure pathetic play of the defense. You'd think after Rodgers went down against Chicago, the def. players would just know that, "Hey, we gotta step up, we might not have a 1 to 2 TD lead in this game." It was clear during the Eagles game that this defense needs Rodgers more than Rodgers needs them.

woodbuck27
11-20-2013, 07:10 AM
The biggest punch in the face out of all of this has been the pure pathetic play of the defense. You'd think after Rodgers went down against Chicago, the def. players would just know that, "Hey, we gotta step up, we might not have a 1 to 2 TD lead in this game." It was clear during the Eagles game that this defense needs Rodgers more than Rodgers needs them.

The way I see it right now :

There are too many defensive players that seem far removed from being truly determaned to playing with grit ...that don't have pride and commitment to the Green Bay Packers and the teams fans.

TT has to get focused on removing all of the 'deadwood' from the roster and right the ship.

I'm just sick of all the rationalizations I read ....those are simply poor too lousy excuses.

With six games left in our schedule. I'm right here now.

The writing is on the wall and the Green Bay Packers are doomed not to make the playoffs this season.

By seasons end we'll all know where the blame for that lies and it shouldn't all be blamed on too much adversity to overcome.

Such rationalizations (lame excuses) mean ZERO moving forward.

NFL teams that are winners have to be built or determined on the ability to overcome adversity. Those teams have a clear depth of talent and toughness both physical and mental. That's on first the GM and his draft team and after that the teams coaching and conditioning staff.

PACKERS!

denverYooper
11-20-2013, 08:33 AM

I have a new theory about defense: there are maybe 5 great defenses and a whole bunch of other defenses that range from mediocre to bad depending on a handful of plays. The Packers are definitely not in the top 5 and they were making those plays earlier in the season but are not these last few games. Usually, "that" play seems to be a 3rd and medium/long, and it comes down to tackling a guy short of the marker.

Fritz
11-20-2013, 08:39 AM

Here, here. It's this. I know there are injuries on the defensive side, too - Perry, Hayward, Shields the last game, Jolly - but I expected a better effort than the slow, uninspired play we've seen since Rodgers went down.

I can't tell you how much I am disappointed in this defense.

denverYooper
11-20-2013, 08:42 AM
I thought the opening of the Baranczyk/Cristl column indicates maybe a bit of what's going on with the D:

Over the past three games, all losses, the Green Bay Packers have played from behind a total of 136 minutes, 42 seconds. In their previous four games, all wins, they played from behind a total of 7 minutes, 24 seconds.

The clock and the score aren’t the only factors that dictate defensive strategy. Down-and-distance and offensive formations do as well. But one can safely conclude from the huge disparity in those numbers that the Packers are doing much more reacting than attacking on defense

TBH, I don't know if they were an "attacking" defense with Rodgers's front running, but I think his absence has changed the way that teams are playing the Packers and they have not fully adjusted.

denverYooper
11-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Complain all you want about the defense, but they're not going to turn into the 49ers this year. If Rodgers is out for the rest of the year and the defense is left to compensate, they might become a stronger unit because they'd have to.

The offense has not put points on the board and has turned the ball over 6 times in the 3 games since Rodgers has been out. Their redzone problems, present earlier in the year with Rodgers, are heavily magnified with the backup QB in the game.

pbmax
11-20-2013, 08:50 AM
I have a new theory about defense: there are maybe 5 great defenses and a whole bunch of other defenses that range from mediocre to bad depending on a handful of plays. The Packers are definitely not in the top 5 and they were making those plays earlier in the season but are not these last few games. Usually, "that" play seems to be a 3rd and medium/long, and it comes down to tackling a guy short of the marker.

I agree but would add this: the Packers have a specific set of weaknesses and strengths. With injuries in the secondary, their coverage can have trouble with size AND with communication. Without injuries, their front seven can get enough pressure to help the backend (attacking will help though the number of big plays conceded will go up as well).

If Shields is not hurt, then two of the communication/scheme errors don't happen (Nicks catch with TWill and Burnett colliding and the Randle pass over Hyde).

If the Packers pressure in the first half like the second half, those passes might be off target.

pbmax
11-20-2013, 08:51 AM
The offense has not put points on the board and has turned the ball over 6 times in the 3 games since Rodgers has been out. Their redzone problems, present earlier in the year with Rodgers, are heavily magnified with the backup QB in the game.

Its a fair point and bears repeating. The offense, specifically the QB but also the running game, left more to be desired than the defense versus the Giants.

denverYooper
11-20-2013, 09:01 AM
I agree but would add this: the Packers have a specific set of weaknesses and strengths. With injuries in the secondary, their coverage can have trouble with size AND with communication. Without injuries, their front seven can get enough pressure to help the backend (attacking will help though the number of big plays conceded will go up as well).

If Shields is not hurt, then two of the communication/scheme errors don't happen (Nicks catch with TWill and Burnett colliding and the Randle pass over Hyde).

If the Packers pressure in the first half like the second half, those passes might be off target.

Good addition.

Pugger
11-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Its a fair point and bears repeating. The offense, specifically the QB but also the running game, left more to be desired than the defense versus the Giants.

When Aaron is in there defenses can't stack the box like NY did last week. They smartly decided to make Tolzien beat them. The run blocking wasn't all that hot so that didn't help matters either. :-(

run pMc
11-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Well, if anyone was guilty of taking the level of QB play for granted over the last 20 years, I don't think it will happen again.

Barclay still hasn't practiced, which worries me because Newhouse vs. Robison is not an ideal matchup, and with EDS still gimpy that running game is gonna have trouble.
It's going to come down to not turning the ball over, forcing a couple of TO's from Freeman/Cassel/Ponder (probably Freeman), and the defense showing up to gang tackle Peterson.

woodbuck27
11-20-2013, 05:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10006261/leslie-frazier-says-minnesota-vikings-start-christian-ponder-qb?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Vikes to start Christian Ponder

By Ben Goessling | ESPN.com ... Updated: November 20, 2013, 2:40 PM ET

" Frazier cited Ponder's previous success against the Packers as the reason for sticking with him over Josh Freeman and Matt Cassel.

He played his only turnover-free game of the season in a loss to the Packers on Oct. 27, and threw for three touchdowns in the Vikings' Week 17 victory over the Packers to clinch a playoff spot last year.

That was Ponder's only win over the Packers, though."

GO PACK !

woodbuck27
11-20-2013, 05:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/min/minnesota-Vikings

2013 OVERALL NFL RANKINGS

PASSING YDS - 206.2 or 25th Overall ... RUSHING YDS - 111.5 or 17th Overall

OPP PASSING YDS - 280.1 or 29th Overall ... OPP RUSHING YDS - 111.6 or 14th Overall

So how does MM game plan Vs them?

GO PACKERS !

Joemailman
11-20-2013, 05:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/min/minnesota-Vikings

2013 OVERALL NFL RANKINGS

PASSING YDS - 206.2 or 25th Overall ... RUSHING YDS - 111.5 or 17th Overall

OPP PASSING YDS - 280.1 or 29th Overall ... OPP RUSHING YDS - 111.6 or 14th Overall

So how does MM game plan Vs them?

GO PACKERS !

Stop Peterson and kick Jennings in the nuts.