Minnesota at Green Bay
Carolina at Miami
Chicago at St. Louis
Indianapolis at Arizona
Dallas at N.Y. Giants
San Francisco at Washington

woodbuck27
11-20-2013, 04:18 PM
http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2013/11/19/5122816/packers-path-to-the-playoffs-is-both-clear-and-difficult

Packers' Path to the Playoffs is Both Clear and Difficult

By Jason Hirschhorn  @JBHirschhorn on Nov 19 2013, 2:00p

Note: Giving the current status of both Carolina and ... San Fran and their rather easy for them schedule:

" The Packers [B]will need to win the NFC North to advance to the playoffs.

Both the Bears and Lions face only one team with a winning record the rest of the way (Philadelphia) with each playing NFC North doormat Minnesota. It's hard to envision the Packers emerging from that scrum as the division winner.

The Packers' best and perhaps only chance at making the playoffs is to defeat the Vikings this weekend and upset the Lions on Thanksgiving. That would place Green Bay at 7-5 with an opportunity to knock out the Bears week 17. Wins over all three would allow Green Bay to match or exceed Detroit and Chicago in divisional record, an important tie breaker that the Packers cannot afford to lose.

There's no realistic playoff scenario for the Packers that doesn't include a Thanksgiving Day victory over Detroit, meaning ......

the Packers' season effectively comes down to that game.

If Rodgers can't make it back in time, the Packers can start making their vacation plans for January."

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
11-23-2013, 05:08 AM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic/article-1/Will-the-Packers-make-the-playoffs-Here%E2%80%99s-my-answer/650f5429-6ac5-4423-b44d-cb351651a6cd

Will the Packers make the playoffs? Here’s my (Vic Ketchman's) answer

Posted Nov 18, 2013

Brandon from Fort Wayne, IN

Vic, I know your inbox is filled with negativity, but I just want to say we are in no bigger hole than we were two weeks ago when Rodgers went down. Isn’t this good news?

" The situation has certainly worsened since Aaron Rodgers left the Chicago game with a shoulder injury. At that point in time, the Packers were 5-2, leading the NFC North and holding a 3-0 lead over the Bears. Since then, the Packers have only held the lead in games twice, briefly at 10-7 and 20-17 against the Bears. They never led against the Eagles or the Giants. Think about that, folks. What’s that tell you? OK, now here’s the good news: The Steelers win over the Lions on Sunday keeps the Packers in control of their own destiny. As I wrote in my editorial from yesterday’s game, the formula for winning the NFC North is simple: If the Packers win their remaining three division games and finish in no worse than a tie with the Lions and/or the Bears, the Packers will win the North and host a playoff game. Maybe I should add to that formula: Get Rodgers back. "

Please click on the LINK above for more Ask Vic ?'s and answers.

GO PACKERS !