PDA

View Full Version : Where is Deer Camp for you?

Tony Oday
11-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Though I have not brought a gun in 18 years I go just west of Minog WI, home of Jack Links Beef Jerky

Patler
11-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Is Link Bros store. still in Minong?

Little Whiskey
11-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Deer camp is just outside of iron mountain. We camp on commercial Forrest. This year they logged our campsite. Made it a challenge setting up camp but gave us a lot of firewood!

red
11-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Deer camp is just outside of iron mountain. We camp on commercial Forrest. This year they logged our campsite. Made it a challenge setting up camp but gave us a lot of firewood!

that town sucks

you're not out on the norway truck trail are you?

Tony Oday
11-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Is Link Bros store. still in Minong?

The factory is just out of town but yes close enough.

Patler
11-21-2013, 06:26 AM
The factory is just out of town but yes close enough.

What is made at the factory?

"Link Bros." used to be a very large store that began as mostly a furniture store as I recall, then added a butcher shop as I recall from the early '70s.
I think there was also a car dealership and a gas station under the Link name, but if anyone said "Link Bros" it meant the big store. They were a prominent advertiser on all the radio stations in the north, and the TV stations out of Duluth MN. Offered full room package deals on furniture. Mrs. Patler and I bought from there when we lived in the north.

Little Whiskey
11-21-2013, 08:27 PM
that town sucks

you're not out on the norway truck trail are you?
Merriman truck trail.

George Cumby
11-21-2013, 11:07 PM
Deer camp in Cali sucks. It can be 70 degrees in October in the Sierra. It is just plain weird.

Little Whiskey
11-22-2013, 07:21 AM
About 10 years ago it was in the upper 60's at deer camp.

Upnorth
11-22-2013, 03:47 PM
So does my own house count? We are just south of a valley full of deer. A neighbor let's me hunt on his land and a deer run starts 500 yards from my deck. I do kind of miss traveling to hunt, but I'm not home enough as it is.

Joemailman
11-22-2013, 06:24 PM
About 10 years ago it was in the upper 60's at deer camp.

Supposed to be about 10 with a wind chill of -5 when shooting time starts tomorrow morning in Eagle River. I have 2 brothers will be out. Probably gonna be a lot of people shooting the first thing they see this year with the cold temperatures.

woodbuck27
11-22-2013, 10:12 PM
So does my own house count? We are just south of a valley full of deer. A neighbor let's me hunt on his land and a deer run starts 500 yards from my deck. I do kind of miss traveling to hunt, but I'm not home enough as it is.

I hunted a lot out of my log cabin on the Country Home property in Juvenile Settlement, New Brunswick located just west of Hoyt, NB.

Now the hunt begins just off the rear step of the country home. Mae and I saw and photographed whitetail deer from that home this summer. We also saw Bear, racoons, skunks, rabbits and varities of squirrels etc. from the windows of that home.

It's my Paradise On Earth. Truly a wonderful experience to live there.