PDA

View Full Version : Hayward and Nixon to IR, Richardson and Worthy activated

denverYooper
11-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 26s

#Packers place Casey Hayward and James Nixon on IR and activate Sean Richardson and Jerel Worthy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/102699/packers-place-casey-hayward-on-ir

(I would have edited the nixon thread title, but I didn't have the option).

pbmax
11-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Well, Special Teams might improve. Richardson was Bush out there last year. But would love to see him help at safety; just don't know if that is feasible.

Hopefully Worthy can get some pressure in nickel.

Joemailman
11-23-2013, 07:41 PM
What a lost season for Hayward. This is the right move. Get that hamstring healthy for 2014.

red
11-23-2013, 08:26 PM
so just for the record and so we're all on the same page here

we just lost one of our most promising young defenders for almost an entire season because of a pulled hamstring

there is something very wrong with that IMO

just what in the hell is going on with this team where we not only have a huge amount of hamstring injuries, but we're now losing players for full seasons because of them

pbmax
11-23-2013, 11:26 PM
There are degrees of tears for those hamstring injuries. Tear enough of one and its a career ender. Its not unheard of to lose a season to one, especially when it was injured twice.

call_me_ishmael
11-23-2013, 11:32 PM
This is the right move. Get that shoulder healthy for 2014.

FTFY. Sit the QB, land the clown man from SC.

bobblehead
11-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Well, Special Teams might improve. Richardson was Bush out there last year. But would love to see him help at safety; just don't know if that is feasible.

Hopefully Worthy can get some pressure in nickel.

I figured Richardson would never play again after I liked his style on ST. I am simply glad he is hitting the field at this point.

Pugger
11-24-2013, 08:00 AM

We won't do that unless we are mathematically eliminated from the post season. We are only one game back with 3 games against divisional rivals. And the only way we land that player is if several teams start winning like Jax for one and I don't see them winning 5 more games.

Pugger
11-24-2013, 08:01 AM
I figured Richardson would never play again after I liked his style on ST. I am simply glad he is hitting the field at this point.

Getting Richardson back is big news. It shows we'll bring back a player with a neck injury like Sean did so maybe Finley isn't as finished as some seem to think.

woodbuck27
11-24-2013, 09:01 AM

If that 'shit' ever happened in Green Bay no Packer fan would be fooled.

Nobody associated with the Packers 'inside' is a fool.

DE Jadeveon Clowney will not be drafted by the Green Bay Packers.

red
11-24-2013, 09:08 AM

first, we won't be drafting anywhere close enough to get clownie, even if we lose out

second, clowney would be a horrible fit for our 3-4. he's too small to play DE in a 3-4 and he's just a pass rusher not a run stuffer. and i seriously doubt he could be a OLB

plus i seriously question his motor/heart. the guy has proved this year that he's all about the money and is willing to not play hard or play at all if there is any possible risk to his future earning ability

Bossman641
11-24-2013, 11:07 AM
What a waste of a year for Hayward. Just in case anyone forgot, numerous sites had him as one of the top 3-4 CB's in the league last year.

run pMc
11-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Clowney will be gone before Packers draft.

Mixed news on the IR/PUP front. Shame about Hayward but I think we saw it coming. They're awfully thin at CB with Shields hurt as well. Richardson is green and Worthy didn't impress me last year -- can they contribute? Don't see how they play Richardson at anything more than ST for a while -- Banjo has more experience than he does.