PDA

View Full Version : Sherrod to get his chance soon???

Patler
11-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Several articles have mentioned the improvements Sherrod has made in upper body strength while rehabbing his leg. Apparently, he has been a good student too, as this article mentions.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/is-it-time-for-sherrod-to-get-his-chance-as-starting-right-tackle-b99148548z1-233112521.html

A few tidbits from it, including comments from the d-linemen that go against him in practice:

Sherrod, who bench-pressed just 23 times at the combine, has improved his strength precipitously, according to Campen.

"I mean, he's a strong kid," Campen said. "He's 100% assignment-sure. Based on where he's come from to get here, it's exciting."

Nevertheless, the only regular-season tape of Sherrod wasn't pretty. In 112 snaps (39 at left tackle, 73 at right tackle) two seasons ago, he allowed one sack, two knockdowns and four hurries for a pressure per snap rate of one every 16.0.

"Put it like this: I have to be at the top of my game whenever I'm lined up across from him," said Daniels. "I already knew he was going to be strong because he's a big guy, but he's a lot faster than I thought.

"I'm talking about getting off the ball. He'll cut you off and reach you in the run game.

"Now, it's practice. We're going hard but we're not trying to kill each other. I guess I haven't felt him go 110% like in a game but I do feel he definitely has that drive to him. He's a good, solid football player."

Added nose tackle Ryan Pickett: "He's starting to get his confidence back. I don't know what their plan is, but he's constantly getting better."

Defensive end Jerel Worthy, who underwent reconstructive knee surgery Jan. 15 and resumed practice last week, has put in many grueling rehabilitation days alongside Sherrod.

"You could tell he's really hungry," said Worthy. "As far as practice goes, he moves as well as any other offensive lineman we have. Everything you'd ask him to do as an offensive lineman he virtually can do right now."

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/is-it-time-for-sherrod-to-get-his-chance-as-starting-right-tackle-b99148548z1-233112521.html#ixzz2lWYAyfYL
Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter

red
11-23-2013, 08:29 PM
its all gonna be for naught if the kid can't get his ass healthy and keep it there

Patler
11-23-2013, 09:23 PM
In fairness to him, he has had just one injury; it just took a long time to heal.
The word is that he is finally completely recovered.

pbmax
11-23-2013, 11:24 PM
Its a first round physical talent who seems to be capable of starting. Its in everyone's interest to get him on the field in a position he can succeed.

Given that its likely to be a right tackle before its left, I hope he gets serious reps there this season rather than yo-yo'ing in and out in a rotation.

bobblehead
11-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Please do not embarrass me.

woodbuck27
11-24-2013, 07:49 AM
I'll be watching for NO. 78.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU_Sup_kjQ4PXg3yMW0EC2uo1jaqjeb AWdqKiY3FwnQs8SCp2R

In case you don't recall. This is Derek Sherrod.

Pugger
11-24-2013, 08:03 AM
If Newhouse has another dreadful game Sherrod might be in there sooner rather than later.

pbmax
11-24-2013, 08:32 AM
I'll be watching for NO. 78.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU_Sup_kjQ4PXg3yMW0EC2uo1jaqjeb AWdqKiY3FwnQs8SCp2R

In case you don't recall. This is Derek Sherrod.

Very droll there Woodbuck. Quite droll.

:D

woodbuck27
11-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Very droll there Woodbuck. Quite droll.

:D

Hey and sincerely .... I had to check.

Please .... cut me a break and respect my age.

PACKERS !

run pMc
11-24-2013, 11:18 AM
If Newhouse has another dreadful game Sherrod might be in there sooner rather than later.

+1

I'm thinking the only reason they're starting Newhouse over him is out of respect for being a former starter at LT and not complaining about being a backup this season. I hope they told Newhouse that he either steps up NOW or Sherrod's got his spot by the 2Q. (Assuming they gave Sherrod reps there.)

The article certainly makes Sherrod sound like a savior; I'm taking with a grain of salt but really hope he can get in there, stay healthy and improve the OL. Newhouse's play has slipped from previous years.

Bossman641
11-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Really hoping they rotate Sherrod in for at least a few series. Tough to go from nothing to a handful of special teams snaps to significant minutes

Packers4Glory
11-24-2013, 12:42 PM
I hate Newhouse.

red
11-24-2013, 04:59 PM
did sherrod see the field at all today?

i know newhouse sucked again today at times

pbmax
11-24-2013, 05:08 PM
I thought Newhouse jumped offside on every pass in the second half. He was really coming up quick on Flynn's signal, I am stunned he didn't get flagged.

bobblehead
11-24-2013, 05:10 PM
did sherrod see the field at all today?

i know newhouse sucked again today at times

I saw him get flat out schooled 7 times that I noticed. We did throw like 50 passes, but I am only counting when I saw someone in our QB's grill instantly and it was Newhouses guy almost every time.

denverYooper
11-24-2013, 05:24 PM
I thought Newhouse jumped offside on every pass in the second half. He was really coming up quick on Flynn's signal, I am stunned he didn't get flagged.

Lang was pretty jumpy also

Freak Out
11-24-2013, 08:22 PM
I saw him get absolutely embarrassed a few times.....he wasn't alone though.

George Cumby
11-24-2013, 08:24 PM
I saw him get absolutely embarrassed a few times.....he wasn't alone though.

Fire Campen!