PDA

View Full Version : Who should start the Packers/Lions Gameday thread?

channtheman
11-24-2013, 04:36 PM
With the tie this afternoon, I suppose it technically counts as a loss and a win. Does anyone have a copy of the official game day thread rules on hand? Does Pugger not get to start the next one because we lost partially? Lets put it to vote and go with that.

red
11-24-2013, 04:55 PM
i will say that even though i hate starting the thing, the only reason my streak was broken was because we lost a-rod during that game. otherwise i would be on a 7 or 8 game win streak right now

you could also say it was my fault though that rodgers got hurt

so fuck you guys

i say, since it wasn't a win where we would have to force pugger to start it, and it wasn't a loss where we forse pugger not to do it. we let pugger decide wether to start the thread on thursday or not

pbmax
11-24-2013, 05:06 PM
You need to win to continue. No complaints to Pugger, she did her best but like Lacy, there is only so much one person can do to play run defense.

Pugger
11-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Well, at least we didn't lose.... :whist:

woodbuck27
11-24-2013, 05:13 PM
i will say that even though i hate starting the thing, the only reason my streak was broken was because we lost a-rod during that game. otherwise i would be on a 7 or 8 game win streak right now

you could also say it was my fault though that rodgers got hurt

so fuck you guys

i say, since it wasn't a win where we would have to force pugger to start it, and it wasn't a loss where we forse pugger not to do it. we let pugger decide wether to start the thread on thursday or not

Yes there's an element of some pressure there.

It's on Pugger to host or not.

A TIE makes her somewhat of a STAR on the forum today... and until the Green Bay Packers ever win again.

That game caused some excitement at my home. The joint was jumpin' for awhile. :wow:

GO PACK GO !

Guiness
11-24-2013, 06:02 PM
Like someone said in the game day thread, a tie is like kissing your Rastak. My vote is Pugger and Rastak have to hold hands and create the thread together!

pbmax
11-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Rastak starting the thread would not be a bad compromise. I think he has done it before.

Bretsky
11-24-2013, 06:52 PM
It was our easiest game left; we didn't win so sorry Pugger but I voted for somebody else...even though...this is all Red's fault

Freak Out
11-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Nutz or Skin.

CaptainKickass
11-24-2013, 06:57 PM
After much thought about it -

I think Madtown/Joe/Mysterious owner fuckin' guy should start the next game day thread. If he indeed runs this show, then in a rare time of "limbo" I believe the responsibility should fall squarely on his shoulders. Thus, I voted for someone else.

Thanks to Pugger for not getting us a loss.

woodbuck27
11-24-2013, 07:04 PM
It was our easiest game left; we didn't win so sorry Pugger but I voted for somebody else...even though...this is all Red's fault

Yea...on second thought it's too much pressure on Pugger to run the Thanksgiving Day thread on a short week for us and in Detroit.

Would the LIONS actually drop three straight and two in a row at home?

If two teams are on a short week the 'RULE OF THUMB" is go for the Home side if your making a straight up bet on which team should win.

Yet heck...we havn't won for four games and the Lions for two. There would be big pressure on both sides for a 'W'.

Their QB Vs ours...Ohh Ohh !

Matthew Stafford >>>Calvin Johnson ( he had 7 receptions for him 'an off day' 117 yards and 0 TD's) >>>

>>> so that might be a double Ohh Ohh.

Reggie Bush had 15 carries for 83 Yards (5.5 Yard Avg.).... Our Running game was good as long as Eddie Lacy was in the game.

To me this is a key question:

Do we have anyone in our secondary that can shutdown Calvin Johnson? D. Revis was supposed to be handling that chore Vs the BUC's today.

ThunderDan
11-25-2013, 08:30 AM
I always that it was start the thread until they lose.

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 08:38 AM

loss / tie ... TIE / LOSS

Do we need the Packerrats 'Legal Team'? :whaa:

denverYooper
11-25-2013, 08:39 AM
I say give it to Puggs. Packers gained 1/2 game on the field.

pbmax
11-25-2013, 08:45 AM
We did come closer to my yearly prediction of 12-3-1 with Pug's help.

Bossman641
11-25-2013, 08:46 AM
If Pugger can bring home a tie vs Detroit I'll take it. Give her another chance.

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Whomever hosts this games thread should be active in that thread or participate.

If no one else hungers to host this Thanksgiving Game at Detroit thread?

I'll gladly volunteer.. with 'Bells and Whistles On'. :-D

GO PACK GO !

Upnorth
11-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Pugger gets it for sure, it may have taken her a while for to get going, but that second half momentum should keep her in the driver seat. I mean you wouldn't pull Flynn for Tolzien since he only got a tie would you?\

Besides the day she posted the Riders won the Grey Cup, now she can give all that victory energy to the packers and it should wind up being a cakewalk!!!

MadtownPacker
11-25-2013, 11:51 AM
So this is what it's like reading my post. Fucked up part is I understand you clearly.

You are correct, until they lose. Pugger has kept hope alive IMO.

Fritz
11-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Pugger is our sister, apparently.

MadtownPacker
11-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Yeah but you gamethread loser mfers are treating her like she is a "sista". Cold hearted bastards voting out a sweet old lady.

:lol:

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Yeah but you gamethread loser mfers are treating her like she is a "sista". Cold hearted bastards voting out a sweet old lady.

Ladies and well almost in some cases ... gentleman of Packerrats .... we have a ruling.

Pugger will host Packers @ Lions on Thanksgiving Day.

Good Luck Pugger and all Packerrats.

GO PACK GO !

Joemailman
11-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Officially, Pugger hasn't started a Game Day Thread, because she didn't use the word Official in the thread title. So, yesterday was sort of a warmup. She gets the Thanksgiving Day start, but that thread title better be official.

MadtownPacker
11-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Shit you got a point about the "official" part. Could the forum end up like the Packers? Looking for a starting QB every Sunday? Stay tuned!!

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 01:40 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzmQLGC2D9HO7nG6-bAjDNKhpkvfWfHZAoVFjoedZ14pU0exG0

Yea it's Pugger.

During the last game she was indulging herself at this Sports Bar.... that didn't have WIFI.

She couldn't use her laptop and communicate on Packerrats.

GO PACK GO !

MadtownPacker
11-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Hey Pugger, take a look at the pukes who would see you robbed of glory.

View Poll Results: Who should start the Packers/Lions game day thread?Voters 17.

Pugger 8 47.06%
Carolina_Packer, denverYooper, Joemailman, MadtownPacker, Pugger, shammye06, ThunderDan, Upnorth

Someone else 9. 52.94%
Bretsky, CaptainKickass, Freak Out, Fritz, KYPack, pbmax, Teamcheez1, woodbuck27, Zool

mmmdk
11-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Just voted for Pugger! Fifty-fifty now!

pbmax
11-25-2013, 06:00 PM

View Poll Results: Who should start the Packers/Lions game day thread?Voters 17.

Pugger 8 47.06%
Carolina_Packer, denverYooper, Joemailman, MadtownPacker, Pugger, shammye06, ThunderDan, Upnorth

Someone else 9. 52.94%
Bretsky, CaptainKickass, Freak Out, Fritz, KYPack, pbmax, Teamcheez1, woodbuck27, Zool

Hey, rules are rules! Except Harlan never got around to writing them so its more like the unwritten rules of baseball. And that means they can be reinterpreted to match ANY situation you please.

I think Joe wins the argument though.

Bretsky
11-25-2013, 06:50 PM

Pugger 8 47.06%

Someone else 9. 52.94%

baaaaa; I'm not bias and am fine with whoever starts the thread. This is all Red's fault !

With that being said, I stubbornly stand by my vote. At home we just tied one of the worst teams in the NFL....yuk......

George Cumby
11-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Vote for Pugger!

red
11-25-2013, 07:13 PM

Pugger 8 47.06%

Someone else 9. 52.94%

what, now we're revealing voter id's? where was this when you told me our political vote only lost because of people voting with multiple accounts?

assclown

and i voted pugger, because whenever i find out a poster is a chick i assume she looks like mazzin

pbmax
11-25-2013, 07:18 PM
what, now we're revealing voter id's? where was this when you told me our political vote only lost because of people voting with multiple accounts?

assclown

and i voted pugger, because whenever i find out a poster is a chick i assume she looks like mazzin

Its an option you choose when you create the poll. If you select that votes will be made public, there is a warning in the voting section that results are public.

CaptainKickass
11-25-2013, 07:48 PM
whenever i find out a poster is a chick i assume she looks like mazzin

That's funny,

When ever I find out a Packers poster person is female I imagine her to be between 4'9" and 5'8" and look either like this:

http://media.soletron.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Leianna-Kai-e1329347760793.png

Or perhaps...

Like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OaPbVfxZuVs/UHdQfAebHcI/AAAAAAAAFP8/TXC78lEMhHU/s1600/packers+Laura4.jpg

Additionally,

If you are a female Packers poster person and you happen to look close to or better than either of these two fine female felines...

Then I have some really good news for you:

The Captain is both single and wealthy!

(contact me via PM)

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 07:51 PM
That's funny,

When ever I find out a Packers poster person is female I imagine her to be between 4'9" and 5"8" and look either like this:

http://media.soletron.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Leianna-Kai-e1329347760793.png

Or perhaps...

Like this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OaPbVfxZuVs/UHdQfAebHcI/AAAAAAAAFP8/TXC78lEMhHU/s1600/packers+Laura4.jpg

Additionally,

If you are a female Packers poster person and you happen to look close to or better than either of these two fine female felines...

(contact me via PM)

You didn't add...charming.

CaptainKickass
11-25-2013, 08:02 PM
You didn't add...charming.

Well, I would have.

But I didn't want to seem full of myself!

:rs:

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Well, I would have.

But I didn't want to seem full of myself!

:rs:

Being modest and smart trumps all.

red
11-25-2013, 08:10 PM
i have a really cool pimp limp, and i am also interested in any packer fans that look like the two the captain posted

and i'm hung like a vienna sausage in the middle of january in wisconsin

George Cumby
11-25-2013, 08:18 PM
i have a really cool pimp limp, and i am also interested in any packer fans that look like the two the captain posted

and i'm hung like a vienna sausage in the middle of january in wisconsin

Tempting!:hrt::hrt:

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Tempting!:hrt::hrt:

Have you read the 'NO TOLERANCE' policy?

Stay the hell out of our locker room.

George Cumby
11-25-2013, 11:00 PM
Have you read the 'NO TOLERANCE' policy?

Stay the hell out of our locker room.

Thou protesteth, too much, methinks.........

channtheman
11-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Its an option you choose when you create the poll. If you select that votes will be made public, there is a warning in the voting section that results are public.

I figured with the packer rats poll it would be best if we all knew who voted what. :satan:

Patler
11-26-2013, 09:47 AM
These are serious times. The season is on the line. Time to shake things up.

As I understand the "rules":
- when the Pack wins, the same person starts the next game day thread.
- when the Pack loses, someone new starts the next game day thread;

SO.....................................
- when the Pack ties, no one starts the next game day thread

Don't have a game day thread!

If they win, the responsibility will then revert back to Pugger next week.
If they lose, someone new starts a thread next week.
After all, Pugger has not yet earned the privilege of starting multiple game day threads, but Pugger was also not so inept at starting the last thread so as to have the privilege stripped away.

Now, not having a game day thread will not prevent anyone from starting threads about specific topics during the game, just no rambling 500-1,000 post thread with comments like "wow", "well that sucked", "Newhouse is a bum" and "Capers has got to go".

I know, it will be tough. But, being a collection of the most dedicated and self-proclaimned most knowledgeable of Packer fans, it is our DUTY to get this thing turned around!

NO OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD ON THANKSGIVING!

Bossman641
11-26-2013, 09:51 AM

- when the Pack loses, someone new starts the game day thread;

- when the Pack ties, no one starts a game day thread

Now, not having a game day thread will not prevent anyone from starting threads about specific topics during the game, just no rambling 500-1,000 post thread with comments like "wow", "well that sucked", "Newhouse is a bum" and "Capers has got to go".

I know, it will be tough. But, being a collection of the most dedicated and self-proclaimned most knowledgeable of Packer fans, it is our DUTY to get this thing turned around!

My family says yes...but I don't wanna live in a world where Red isn't drunk on whiskey and tryptophan and making 2 word posts about how much Slocum and Capers suck.

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 09:52 AM

- when the Pack loses, someone new starts the game day thread;

- when the Pack ties, no one starts a game day thread

:huh:

:wow:

:jack:

THAT SUCKS !!!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyLbkmJb1HP1x9_4fYr4gv-0je9vHCMEuJU-visOClrz6iXyzv-Q

With all due respect Patler for your ingenuity ...... NOOOOOO !!!

Patler
11-26-2013, 09:57 AM
My family says yes...but I don't wanna live in a world where Red isn't drunk on whiskey and tryptophan and making 2 word posts about how much Slocum and Capers suck.

We could always have a "Capers and Slocum suck" thread with a series of replies of "+1", "+2", "+3", .....

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 10:04 AM
We could always have a "Capers and Slocum suck" thread with a series of replies of "+1", "+2", "+3", .....

OK your 'out of control' Patler....

Can't you even imagine the torrid cursing and outright pronouncements of black vile and hatred for those Packer coach's?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC8FcNFoo0aXizIicPU7efHASXGRgz6 CpmKnQWoLQj1tFW7wsY

Do you want to burn down the place?

pbmax
11-26-2013, 10:21 AM
I figured with the packer rats poll it would be best if we all knew who voted what. :satan:

Its pretty transparent so I don't think its a problem. A public poll tells you your vote will be displayed. Simple enough.

I will not be online much as I will be a visitor for this T-Day game. And the Banjo thread isn't official so, I am good with Patler's suggestion.

What about a "Not An Official GameDay Thread"?

Patler
11-26-2013, 10:22 AM
OK your 'out of control' Patler....

Can't you even imagine the torrid cursing and outright pronouncements of black vile and hatred for those Packer coach's?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC8FcNFoo0aXizIicPU7efHASXGRgz6 CpmKnQWoLQj1tFW7wsY

Do you want to burn down the place?

:-D :-D Just trying to help! :-D :-D

red
11-26-2013, 10:43 AM
just no rambling 500-1,000 post thread with comments like "wow", "well that sucked", "Newhouse is a bum" and "Capers has got to go".

well shit, if you don't want me to post in the fucking thread then just say so

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Nooooo! Not having a gameday thread would be a catastrophe, end of the world shit, zombie apocalypse, dogs and cats living together, well, er, you get the picture...

channtheman
11-26-2013, 11:09 AM
well shit, if you don't want me to post in the fucking thread then just say so

lol.

Quite an interesting idea there Patler. It is Thanksgiving and the thread would probably be a bit smaller anyway. Have we ever had a week without a game day thread?

red
11-26-2013, 11:29 AM
i can tell you that i probably won't be posting in it this week so it won't matter much to me

Freak Out
11-26-2013, 11:36 AM
I think Patler is right.....we should all just post in the GC FUCK!!!!!! thread anyway. :)

Patler
11-26-2013, 11:37 AM
lol.

Quite an interesting idea there Patler. It is Thanksgiving and the thread would probably be a bit smaller anyway. Have we ever had a week without a game day thread?

Have we ever had a tie game?:-D
Seem to go together, don't they?

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Its pretty transparent so I don't think its a problem. A public poll tells you your vote will be displayed. Simple enough.

I will not be online much as I will be a visitor for this T-Day game. And the Banjo thread isn't official so, I am good with Patler's suggestion.

No lap top... aren't the folks your visiting...online?

How can you have enough control to NOT check into Packerrats sometime in the early afternoon... Thursday?

Be rude...this game is BIG!

red
11-26-2013, 11:46 AM
I think Patler is right.....we should all just post in the GC FUCK!!!!!! thread anyway. :)

i think thats a great idea, best thread in this joint IMO

Patler
11-26-2013, 11:54 AM

How about "Inter-members Discourse Inspired by Activities on Thanksgiving Day" ?

Cheesehead Craig
11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
How about "So, what's on TV?" thread?

pbmax
11-26-2013, 12:04 PM
No lap top... aren't the folks your visiting...online?

How can you have enough control to NOT check into Packerrats sometime in the early afternoon... Thursday?

Be rude...this game is BIG!

Of course, but family is only together twice a year. I can type at you knuckleheads the other 363 days.

Have already lost a "family" game between Wisconsin and Ohio State (family are alums) this year, which I blamed on the QB's patented slow start.

If Tolzien starts Turkey Day, I am going back to the well on that one. Brother-in-law somehow grew up in northwest Ohio and chose to root for the Lions. Might have come of age when there wasn't a Browns franchise, otherwise there is no excuse.

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Of course, but family is only together twice a year. I can type at you knuckleheads the other 363 days.

Have already lost a "family" game between Wisconsin and Ohio State (family are alums) this year, which I blamed on the QB's patented slow start.

If Tolzien starts Turkey Day, I am going back to the well on that one. Brother-in-law somehow grew up in northwest Ohio and chose to root for the Lions. Might have come of age when there wasn't a Browns franchise, otherwise there is no excuse.

Wear your Packer baseball cap and Jersey and underwear and socks and have your suitcase in one hand and a Packers banner in your other hand as you walk up to the the Family members home.

Make sure your lady looks like an obvious Green Bay Packer fan.

http://8d25494c31065d4c8920-51ec0dd412bbe1f5a7b7d25b5871e211.r97.cf1.rackcdn.c om/8c4c882f-956d-45a0-b2c1-df6f900a4dbd.jpg

Dress the dog with a Packer Dog Coat.

That will soften them up to the simple 'fact' ............................. your a Packerfanatic.

Ohh yea... bring loads of beer. Start drinking early Thursday morning. Shout out your Packer cheers.

It will be ......... OK.

GO PACK GO !

Bretsky
11-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Tolzien won't start....MM would have to be a moron to do that...wait...while I think MM is a solid bordering great coach...he was a moron last week for starting him........hmmmmm

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Tolzien won't start....MM would have to be a moron to do that...wait...while I think MM is a solid bordering great coach...he was a moron last week for starting him........hmmmmm

What did you think about Tom Brady's comeback from a 24 point hole on SNF?

Add that to his performance Vs the Carolina Panthers.

Cheesehead Craig
11-26-2013, 02:00 PM
I'll do the gameday thread if you want. It's my birthday tomorrow so how about I mark the momentus occasion with doing my first gameday thread?

KYPack
11-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Why not?

New blood, new luck, I say.

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 03:13 PM
I'll do the gameday thread if you want. It's my birthday tomorrow so how about I mark the momentus occasion with doing my first gameday thread?

Did you vote?

For someone else?

pbmax
11-26-2013, 04:04 PM

The weakness of Detroit is deep, its not short. His arm will be a liability at some point. But unless Tolzien recovers to play much better and more accurately, I am not sure they have a choice.

channtheman
11-26-2013, 06:27 PM
I fucked up. I should have had a "no one" option.

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 09:03 PM
I fucked up. I should have had a "no one" option.
LOL

I believe the Pugger will get the honor and anyway.... channtheman do you want the pressure. ;-)

If we lose this one? That's not good.

Pugger
11-27-2013, 01:14 AM

:lol: Okay, I'll start one after I'm done reading this thread.

Pugger
11-27-2013, 01:17 AM
That's funny,

When ever I find out a Packers poster person is female I imagine her to be between 4'9" and 5'8" and look either like this:

Or perhaps...

Like this:

Additionally,

(contact me via PM)

Sorry to burst your bubble guys but I never looked like those gals even back in the 70s and 80s. :lol:

Pugger
11-27-2013, 01:19 AM

- when the Pack loses, someone new starts the next game day thread;

- when the Pack ties, no one starts the next game day thread

After all, Pugger has not yet earned the privilege of starting multiple game day threads, but Pugger was also not so inept at starting the last thread so as to have the privilege stripped away.

Maybe that would work! Desperate times call for desperate measures!

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 07:55 AM
Maybe that would work! Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Something like this?

https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/c3/ce/ab/c3ceab3d55361eb39d524a9435f12f3b.jpg