PDA

View Full Version : Bears Game

Brando19
08-26-2006, 11:36 AM
I live in WV and I got tickets to the season opener Bears-Packers game. I'm flying to Green Bay (first time) on Sept. 9 and coming home the 11th. I can't wait. I got 2nd row end zone tickets. Anyone else going to the game?

Bretsky
08-26-2006, 11:50 AM
I will be there cheering the Pack to a 1-0 start. Let's pray Grossman is still their starter.

B

Zool
08-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Well I finally scored some tix to the Queens game at the Metrodome. Its only $50 with bus fare and a meal added in. Gotta love these apathetic fans driving the prices down.

Scott Campbell
08-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Bastards.

Brando19
08-26-2006, 12:52 PM
I can't wait for the Bears-Packers game. Their defensive end brown has a sprained shoulder, their running back is having disciplinary troubles, and Grossman is struggling at quarterback position. Hopefully this is leading to a Packers victory on opening day. If our defense can stop the running game and force a few turnovers, our offense should at least put up 14 points, which should be enough for the win. GO PACK!

MadtownPacker
08-26-2006, 02:14 PM
If the Pack wins this game they will win the division. Do what ever you have to help, even if it means taking lovie's playbook, not that it will matter for their offense.

Welcome to PR

MacCool606
08-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm thinking this may be a defining game for our season. I expect to see more intenisty than was ever displayed by a Sherman team. I'm hoping for a quick start, and a blow-out win. But I think it will be a low scoring sparing match dominated by D. I agree that if we lay the smack down on the Bears in game 1 we will be on our way to respectability

Brando19
08-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks Madtown Packer,
I'm glad to be here. I agree, if we win this game, we'll win the division.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-26-2006, 02:54 PM
If the Pack wins this game they will win the division. Do what ever you have to help, even if it means taking lovie's playbook, not that it will matter for their offense.

Welcome to PR

I don't think it's fair to say if you win week one at HOME that your going to win the division.

The Shadow
08-26-2006, 03:02 PM
"....Do what ever you have to help, even if it means taking lovie's playbook,"

Lovie HAS a playbook????

GBRulz
08-26-2006, 03:08 PM

Welcome to PR

I don't think it's fair to say if you win week one at HOME that your going to win the division.

Your right. Even if we lose that game, we'll still win the division :mrgreen:

No Mo Moss
08-26-2006, 03:27 PM
The table is set for us in week 1. Who's hungary?

gbpackfan
08-26-2006, 04:12 PM
I'll be there too. Got a hotel for the entire weekend! It is going to be a blast!!!!

Joemailman
08-26-2006, 04:29 PM

Welcome to PR

Anything is fair. Whether it's wise to say that is another matter. Nothing wrong with a little optimism though.

http://www.rareads.com/scans/5251.jpg

Drink up!

FavreChild
08-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Lovie HAS a playbook????

More like a coloring book.

Have fun, you bastards. You are all responsible for bringing home a victory.

And above all, please remember that da Bears...still....suck.

pack4to84
08-26-2006, 05:48 PM
And above all, please remember that da Bears...still....suck
I second that!!!

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Who's hungary?

Shouldn't that read "where is hungary?"

Scott Campbell
08-27-2006, 08:45 AM
I agree that if we lay the smack down on the Bears in game 1 we will be on our way to respectability

I think if we beat the Bears in game 1, that the Bears will be under tremendous pressure to win at home in game 2. And yeah, the Bears will be the favorites in that game. Not that it helped them any against Carolina.

GBRulz
08-27-2006, 09:31 AM
I really really hope we win. Otherwise we have to listen to them talk schitt through the entire season until we get to play them again. Then again win or lose, I guess shutting up a Bears fan is just wishful thinking.

Brando19
08-27-2006, 09:40 AM
I think the determining factor in Game 1 will be the Pack's offensive line. I truly believe if the O Line can hold up and keep pressure off Favre and allow the running game to get through, Green Bay will win that game. If the O Line sucks, the Bears will take the game and our Lambeau Field advantage.

GBRulz
08-27-2006, 09:48 AM
yes, the o-line will be our determining factor in every game.

packrulz
08-27-2006, 09:52 AM
If the Pack can win the first game about the only other tough team in the first half of the season is the Eagles. A 6-2 start by the time they play the queens is doable.

Sun., Sept. 10 Chicago Bears 3:15 p.m. FOX
Sun., Sept. 17 New Orleans Saints (Gold Pkg.) 12 noon FOX
Sun., Sept. 24 @ Detroit Lions 12 noon FOX
Mon., Oct. 2 @ Philadelphia Eagles 7:30 p.m. ESPN
Sun., Oct. 8 St. Louis Rams 12 noon FOX
Sun., Oct. 15 Open Date
Sun., Oct. 22 @ Miami Dolphins 12 noon FOX
Sun., Oct. 29 Arizona Cardinals 12 noon FOX
Sun., Nov. 5 @ Buffalo Bills 12 noon FOX
Sun., Nov. 12 @ Minnesota Vikings *12 noon FOX
Sun., Nov. 19 New England Patriots (Gold Pkg.) *12 noon CBS
Mon., Nov. 27 @ Seattle Seahawks 7:30 p.m. ESPN
Sun., Dec. 3 New York Jets *12 noon CBS
Sun., Dec. 10 @ San Francisco 49ers *3:05 p.m. FOX
Sun., Dec. 17 Detroit Lions *12 noon FOX
Thurs., Dec. 21 Minnesota Vikings 7:00 p.m. NFLN
Sun., Dec. 31 @ Chicago Bears *12 noon FOX

Tarlam!
08-27-2006, 09:55 AM
I think the determining factor in Game 1 will be the Pack's offensive line. I truly believe if the O Line can hold up and keep pressure off Favre and allow the running game to get through, Green Bay will win that game. If the O Line sucks, the Bears will take the game and our Lambeau Field advantage.

Firstly, "Brando19, I salute you".

Any suggestion that we have an advantage today at home is ridiculous. We lost that when Vick&Co beat the daylights outta us as WC qualifiers.

Any win at the hallowed ground from then till now has done nothing more than delay the inevitable. That's why M3 says regaining the mystique is at the top of his wish list. N.B. REGAINING

Fritz
08-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Ya gotta love closing the season out with three home games against your division rivals. With Longwell booming kickoffs to the fourteen yard line, even a sixteen yard return puts the Pack in business. It will be fun.

Scott Campbell
08-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Anyone ever remember opening and closing the regular season against the Bears?

I like it.

GBRulz
08-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Ya gotta love closing the season out with three home games against your division rivals. With Longwell booming kickoffs to the fourteen yard line, even a sixteen yard return puts the Pack in business. It will be fun.

HA! Well, I think the 14 is being a bit generous. Keep in mind, it is a winter game, the ball doesn't travel as far. I guess we'll have to see if he starts blaming the holder on kickoffs, too :wink:

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Thats the positive of losing longwell, but the negitive is when the game is tied with 2 seconds left and he makes a 45 yarder with the wind blowing. :cry:

Scott Campbell
08-27-2006, 12:19 PM
HA! Well, I think the 14 is being a bit generous. Keep in mind, it is a winter game, the ball doesn't travel as far. I guess we'll have to see if he starts blaming the holder on kickoffs, too :wink:

Somebody lost my black tee. And all the team will provide are these lousy white tees. How's a guy supposed to kick of with these crappy things?