PDA

View Full Version : I smell a grievance being filed against the Vikings.

Patler
11-25-2013, 12:54 PM
In yesterday's game, Viking cornerback A.J. Jefferson left the game with a neck injury and was ruled out for the remainder of the day.

If the transaction wire is correct, today the Vikings cut A.J. Jefferson.

Guiness
11-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Well, he is in jail being held without bail...

http://www4.co.hennepin.mn.us/webbooking/chargedetail.asp?v_booknum=2013032838

pbmax
11-25-2013, 01:07 PM

Might still be a grievance as what the team can do with a player is spelled out in the CBA. Usually, they can only suspend without pay for 4 games before another decision needs to be made.

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Might still be a grievance as what the team can do with a player is spelled out in the CBA. Usually, they can only suspend without pay for 4 games before another decision needs to be made.

Then the Vikings need to straighten that out.

PRONTO !

He was arrested .... not sentenced.

Patler
11-25-2013, 01:49 PM

Really? Is that him?

Patler
11-25-2013, 01:52 PM
I guess it really was. I hadn't seen the stories about the arrest, just saw the transaction list of him being released, and thought it was odd.

Guiness
11-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Really? Is that him?

Sure is!

edit: I see it's being reported on ESPN and PFT now. I dunno pbmax, pretty sure that's grounds based on 'conduct unbecoming to the team', not sure how those clauses work.

MadScientist
11-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Sure is!

edit: I see it's being reported on ESPN and PFT now. I dunno pbmax, pretty sure that's grounds based on 'conduct unbecoming to the team', not sure how those clauses work.
I haven't heard of a case where a player who was arrested and then got cut was able to file or win a grievance case. However if he does have a neck injury, he could file a grievance based on being cut while injured. He would be entitled to pay for the number of weeks he would be out recovering from the injury.

Joemailman
11-25-2013, 04:24 PM
He gets paid for the rest of the season if he's been cut. I don't see why he would have a case for a grievance. Now, if it happened in training camp following an injury, that would be a different story.

Guiness
11-25-2013, 04:37 PM
He gets paid for the rest of the season if he's been cut. I don't see why he would have a case for a grievance. Now, if it happened in training camp following an injury, that would be a different story.

Are you sure? Is he a vested veteran? Was he on the roster for the opening week-end? I think both of those things have to be true in order for the year's salary to be guaranteed.

Speaking of jailbirds and salaries, I wonder what's up with Hernandez? Patriots missed a payment or two, and were trying to claw back some of the signing bonus I believe. Pretty sure he filed a grievance because the payments they didn't make were fully guaranteed.