PDA

View Full Version : Official Lions Week Discussion Thread

pbmax
11-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 20m
More injuries: Barclay LIM; Bostick concussion; Rodgers DNP

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 20m
#Packers injuries: Franklin DNP; Lattimore quad DNP; Neal LIM; Newhouse shoulder LIM; Perry LIM; Shields LIM; Sitton back DNP

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 21m
#Packers injuries: Brandon Bostick and Johnathan Franklin would be DNP's with concussions if team had practiced today.

pbmax
11-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 20m
McCarthy on Rodgers: Had a meeting. He would like to go. Based on information, I would say he's "slim to none" for Thursday.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 22m
MM: Conversation we had last night/this morning, we have to get two QBs ready. We're taking a hard look at our preparation.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 21m
MM: I want both ready. Experience we had yesterday - we went to no-huddle. We didn't practice no-huddle. Flynn was excellent

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 21m
"We're doing things we're not even practicing," MM says of the recent games. (Like Flynn going no-huddle yesterday)

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 21m
McCarthy says Flynn "played very well. He deserves to start." But says he's prepping both Flynn and Tolzien.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 21m
If Rodgers doesn't practice Wednesday, he won't play in the game

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 21m
MM scrapped the Tuesday practice schedule because team played five quarters on Sunday. Little less on Tuesday, little more on Wed.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 18m
McCarthy on Rodgers' injury/team: Maybe not talking about it wasn't the right thing.

Bossman641
11-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Bostick got a concussion?

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Now Bostick? Oh fer christ sake...

pbmax
11-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 37m
MM: CJ Wilson is something between his ankle and his knee. Feels better today. Aware of Lacy's asthma. Told staff nothing he's worried about

How about some good news?

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 13m
For those asking 'LIM' is limited. Trying to save space. Interesting MM said Barclay, Perry and Shields could have done something today

red
11-25-2013, 04:48 PM
so, you have a player who has had asthma his whole life

why did no one on the sideline have an inhaler or whatever else asthma sufferers take? why did they have to take him all the way back to the locker room and the most crucial moment of the game?

KYPack
11-25-2013, 04:55 PM

why did no one on the sideline have an inhaler or whatever else asthma sufferers take? why did they have to take him all the way back to the locker room and the most crucial moment of the game?

The Packers have a mom and pop med staff.

No Asthma meds for a team that has a guy with history?

Minor league.

CaptainKickass
11-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Thread title seems weird for the content thus far - but hey - either way...

Fuck the Lions!!

http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/64/76e6571bbf35886ed10928b52f4bf0c9/l.jpg

Old School
11-25-2013, 05:07 PM
So Lacey used an Asthma inhaler. Now he'll get suspended for using a banned substance. So goes life in the NFL.

pbmax
11-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Thread title seems weird for the content thus far - but hey - either way...

Fuck the Lions!!

http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/28b52f4bf0c9/l.jpg

Happier?

pbmax
11-25-2013, 05:24 PM

Is that what happened?

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Maybe they didn't know? I have not seen his asthma advertised before.

pbmax
11-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Maybe they didn't know? I have not seen his asthma advertised before.

Its been covered. And they knew the cold could make it worse. But I have no idea if he keeps meds on the sideline.

Freak Out
11-25-2013, 05:49 PM
It's going to be interesting to see who makes the field this week. So many guys down....

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 06:04 PM
It's going to be interesting to see who makes the field this week. So many guys down....

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/custom-injury-report.html

Lions vs Packers - Week 13 Injury Report

red
11-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Is that what happened?

i have no clue. all i know is that they went to the locker room and he missed time at the very end of the game because of asthma

i am assuming they took him in there to treat him. why not have what they needed on the sideline? unless he just needed to get in where it was warm. would that fix it?

Joemailman
11-25-2013, 06:20 PM
i have no clue. all i know is that they went to the locker room and he missed time at the very end of the game because of asthma

i am assuming they took him in there to treat him. why not have what they needed on the sideline? unless he just needed to get in where it was warm. would that fix it?

That's what I'm wondering. If an asthma attack is being caused by cold temperatures, is an inhaler effective, or do they need to get him warm? Maybe we'll see him wearing a turtleneck sweater under his jersey in the next cold game.

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 06:38 PM
The Detroit LIONS Unofficial Depth Chart

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/depth-chart.html

pbmax
11-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Warmth does help if your asthma is exacerbated by cold weather. And he seemed to think it would be.

George Cumby
11-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Warmth does help if your asthma is exacerbated by cold weather. And he seemed to think it would be.

This is correct. About 25% of Winter Olympic athletes are effected by cold induced asthma (there is an actual term but it escapes me ATM), taking a couple of steroid or albuterol puffs prophylactically should solve it. This is nothing new. But given our S&C staffs degree of competence, who the fuck knows.........

red
11-25-2013, 09:07 PM
That's what I'm wondering. If an asthma attack is being caused by cold temperatures, is an inhaler effective, or do they need to get him warm? Maybe we'll see him wearing a turtleneck sweater under his jersey in the next cold game.

well if thats the case then i think he's important enough for someone to go over to fleet farm and buy him a little pop up ice shack with a little propane heater that they can stick on the sideline that he can jump in and out of if needed

Bossman641
11-26-2013, 06:50 AM
Did we ever hear what exactly is wrong with Perry? I've seen his current injury listed as foot/ankle. Did he re-injure his broken foot?

red
11-26-2013, 08:11 AM
why the hell would we know whats wrong with perry

we have no clue whats wrong with cobb or where the injury even is, and theres a lot of confusion about a-rods injury

pittstang5
11-26-2013, 08:35 AM

we have no clue whats wrong with cobb or where the injury even is, and theres a lot of confusion about a-rods injury

The whole inury situation this year is just one big cluster-fuck. This team has suffered some very bad luck the last several years, but what's worse is the information we as fans are receiving. The media reports one thing - we are forced to believe it. Then, the player reports another thing - we then think the medical staff misdiagnosed the injury. McCarthy offers little to no insight and he even stated earlier this year that he doesn't comment on injuries. Well, that's new to me.

Are players not confirming the injuries? Did they ever?

Being a fan from outside of Wisconsin, I'm starting to think I liked it better before the internet when I had no clue who was hurt and who was going to play until gameday - it was less irritating.

Patler
11-26-2013, 08:59 AM
The media reports one thing - we are forced to believe it.

That's where you are making your mistake. Unless they state their source with specificity, there is really no reason to believe what they tell you. Cobb's injury is a good of this. I looked at a bunch of the Packers press releases shortly after his injury, up until they announced he was on IR. They never said anything more specific than "leg injury" in the ones I saw. However, media reports went from "leg injury" to "leg injury, which Joe Blow from ESPN (or whatever) confirms is a broken leg". Thereafter, Cobb had a broken leg in all the media reports.

Where did Joe Blow get his information to confirm his version of the facts?
What reason do we have to believe Joe Blow has any clue what the real injury is?
Why do we as fans have to know anything more specific than "leg injury" as stated by the team?

cheesner
11-26-2013, 09:11 AM
That's where you are making your mistake. Unless they state their source with specificity, there is really no reason to believe what they tell you. Cobb's injury is a good of this. I looked at a bunch of the Packers press releases shortly after his injury, up until they announced he was on IR. They never said anything more specific than "leg injury" in the ones I saw. However, media reports went from "leg injury" to "leg injury, which Joe Blow from ESPN (or whatever) confirms is a broken leg". Thereafter, Cobb had a broken leg in all the media reports.

Where did Joe Blow get his information to confirm his version of the facts?
What reason do we have to believe Joe Blow has any clue what the real injury is?
Why do we as fans have to know anything more specific than "leg injury" as stated by the team?Because this is the information age and we are all so damned nosy.

One can watch the video of the injury occurring and draw some quick conclusions. You then report it - knowing the Packers aren't putting details of the injury out there. Therefore, you can act smart; act important like you have an inside source; and never worry that the Packers are going to report and contradict your story.

pbmax
11-26-2013, 09:55 AM
On Lacy and asthma, apparently they did have to go inside for an inhaled medication at halftime. However, contrary to my supposition, Lacy had not before had asthma exacerbated by cold weather. It was his first attack during a game.

No info on whether they will alter the plan in future. Probably not much concern indoors this week.

“It pretty much came out of nowhere,” said Lacy, who had to head to the locker room at halftime for an inhaler treatment and later returned to the field. “I’ve been in cold weather a bit – not cold like that, but cold enough – and I had no problems with it. So it didn’t cross my mind at all.”

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/page.php?page_id=278

pbmax
11-26-2013, 10:08 AM
This article: http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/4044/eddie-lacy-attacks-his-asthma

mentions the series he missed in overtime. But still not clear if he brought the inhaler out to the sidelines. Did he leave the field late in the game as well as at halftime, or is Wilde (above) just dreaming?

And finally a quote that actually covers the issue at hand: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/233466071.html

"I have flare ups when it’s colder," Lacy said of his asthma. "It’s not an everyday thing. It’s random pretty much."

Still, it did take him by surprise. Lacy didn't know it'd be an issue.

"It pretty much came out of nowhere," he said. "I’ve been in cold weather a bit, not cold like that, but cold enough and I had no problems with it, so it didn’t cross my mind at all."

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/233466071.html#ixzz2llimF0Ll
Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

So one point to red. But I would be confused by his description as well.

Bossman641
11-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Sounds like he went to the locker room ...

An incomplete pass on third down led to a Mason Crosby field goal that gave Green Bay a 26-23 lead that would not hold.

After that series, Lacy was taken to the locker room for his asthma, something he says is “worse in the winter time.”

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=11601&is_corp=1

red
11-26-2013, 10:54 AM
This article: http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/4044/eddie-lacy-attacks-his-asthma

mentions the series he missed in overtime. But still not clear if he brought the inhaler out to the sidelines. Did he leave the field late in the game as well as at halftime, or is Wilde (above) just dreaming?

And finally a quote that actually covers the issue at hand: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/233466071.html

they shots of him leaving the field with trainer and returning were in overtime, i had no idea he went in before that

pbmax
11-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m
QB Aaron Rodgers was in uniform and going through drills at practice on Tuesday. More in the blog: http://pckrs.com/m537

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 6m
Sam Shields and Don Barclay were both practicing for the #packers.

I think its nuts for him to start this week, as much as the team might need it. Can't say its based on a medical diagnosis, but just a general belief that a fracture will need more time.

Remember this: Barclay is a better run blocker than Newhouse, but his pass blocking is just as suspect.

pbmax
11-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 11m
Not practicing: Franklin, Matthews, Perry, Lattimore, Datone Jones, Neal, CJ Wilson.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 13m
Josh Sitton and Brandon Bostick in uniform, but not doing much. #Packers

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 15m
#Packers practice.: Shields, Barclay, Jolly all working. Perry in uniform doing some work. Lattimore, Wilson, Franklin DNP.

QBME
11-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 16m
He's back.... #Packers pic.twitter.com/N8msjT7qHU
Embedded image permalink

Not sure if I did this right, but it's a picture of #12 practicing today.

Nope - didn't do it right, but Rodgers is practicing in any case.

pbmax
11-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 18m
Rodgers was throwing with other QBs. He wasn't taking snaps from EDS. Not sure if that means anything.

Here ya go QBME

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaA_3NuIQAAZlJe.jpg:large

Bossman641
11-26-2013, 12:22 PM
I hate to give our training staff any credit, but Lacy says the asthma had never effected him during a game before.

It caused him to come out of the game for a series in overtime against the Vikings. He said he has had it ever since birth, but it was the first time he’s ever had an attack during a game. He said it only bothers him in extreme cold weather. Sunday in Green Bay certainly qualified. The temperature at kickoff was 19 degrees with a wind chill of 7. Playing at Alabama, the Louisiana native never experienced a game that cold.

“It pretty much came out of nowhere,” Lacy said. “I’ve been in cold weather a bit, not cold like that, but cold enough and I had no problems with it, so it didn’t cross my mind at all.”

Lacy went to the locker room and got his inhaler, something he said he will continue to use to try to avoid another issue during a game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/4044/eddie-lacy-attacks-his-asthma

QBME
11-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Rodgers was throwing with other QBs. He wasn't taking snaps from EDS. Not sure if that means anything.

Here ya go QBME

pbmax to the rescue...thanks

Guiness
11-26-2013, 12:32 PM

he'll be placed on IR in a few weeks, he's also probably gonna lose the arm, or a foot because our training stuff doesn't know what a collarbone is or where the hell it is

In all fairness, the confusion is probably your fault red. The Pack's medical staff got on the interweb to look for advice on Rodger's injury, came across your post and decided to have a closer look at that foot.

pbmax
11-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 18m
As @RobDemovsky points out, Rodgers took snaps from PS C Gerhart, not starting C Detrich-Smith. But, 12/62 have 1,000+ of reps together.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5m
And it appears Bovada has taken the #Packers/#Lions game off the board. It had been Detroit -6

Guiness
11-26-2013, 12:38 PM
"It pretty much came out of nowhere," he said. "I’ve been in cold weather a bit, not cold like that, but cold enough and I had no problems with it, so it didn’t cross my mind at all."

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports...#ixzz2llimF0Ll
Follow us: @JournalSentinel on Twitter

Not doubt there were problems understanding that! Double negatives are for pussies, by my count that second sentence had four negatives (in order, not, but, no, didn't), and I'm having trouble matching them up to see what cancels what!

Good thing this boy got hisself a college education. Alabama no less.:shock:

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 12:44 PM

Here ya go QBME

NFL.Com reports that Aaron Rodgers was throwing the ball at the Packers practise today.

MM is holding (last reports) on the chances of AR starting Vs Detroit at:

"Slim to none".

Guiness
11-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 18m
As @RobDemovsky points out, Rodgers took snaps from PS C Gerhart, not starting C Detrich-Smith. But, 12/62 have 1,000+ of reps together.

And it appears Bovada has taken the #Packers/#Lions game off the board. It had been Detroit -6

Smart, you wouldn't want to take those reps with the center away from Flynn. Thinking about that, the Pack is probably lucky there were no botched exchanges. How the hell did they pull off the no huddle? They were both second team '09-11, they must have worked together then.

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 01:56 PM
And it appears Bovada has ** taken the #Packers/#Lions game off the board. It had been Detroit -6

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVvlcfu9aWcwtapFRG22PqEvHCss_BO F8kWwOuixsnHS_A5xQvZA

** What do you think of that inspector?

denverYooper
11-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Rodgers is worth 10 ppg.

denverYooper
11-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 11m
Not practicing: Franklin, Matthews, Perry, Lattimore, Datone Jones, Neal, CJ Wilson.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 13m
Josh Sitton and Brandon Bostick in uniform, but not doing much. #Packers

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 15m
#Packers practice.: Shields, Barclay, Jolly all working. Perry in uniform doing some work. Lattimore, Wilson, Franklin DNP.

So is Perry practicing or not?

I wonder if they're resting Matthews on the short week.

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Rodgers is worth 10 ppg.

That's close ...this release says that Aaron Rodgers is worth 8 points right now.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/files/2013/11/rodgershurt.jpg

THIS GUY LOOMS... BIG !

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/11/24/green-bay-packers-at-detroit-lions-spread-prediction-preview-and-key-matchup/

Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions: Spread Prediction, Preview and Key Matchup

November 24, 2013 6:23 pm EST by Thomas Emerick

" Whether Aaron Rodgers can return from fractured collarbone will play a major role in determining where the point spread generally ends up Thursday morning, even though Matt Flynn did good work against the Minnesota Vikings today while the Lions coughed up a home win against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers."

Point Spread Prediction: Packers by 2.5 (if/when Rodgers declared starter) (Early line: Lions by 5.5)

GO PACK GO !

denverYooper
11-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Rodgers's mustache is impressive this year. He looks like Magnum, PI.

Guiness
11-26-2013, 03:00 PM
So is Perry practicing or not?

I wonder if they're resting Matthews on the short week.

It is hard to tell who is actually out and who is being rested on this stupid 3 day week.

What was the concession the NFL made scheduling wise for teams playing Thursday? They got a home game the Sunday before?

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 03:29 PM
I noted that last week the young Tampa bay Buc's QB Mike Glennon put on a performance against the Detroit Lions 'D'.

His QB Rating was an impressive 138.4.

What have the Lions been doing of late?

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/3302/upon-further-review-lions-week-1-2

Four hot issues from the Detroit Lions’ 24-21 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Lets start with this or the turnovers:

" This, more than anything, is a big concern. While some players said this hasn’t been a problem, that’s not entirely accurate. The Lions have now committed three or more turnovers in three of the past four games. Two of those games, Sunday against Tampa Bay and last week against Pittsburgh, were losses. The third, Detroit's come-from-behind win over Dallas, very easily could have been a loss as well. If anything, it’s a disturbing trend for Detroit heading into the final five games of the season. Detroit hasn’t had a positive turnover margin since Week 6 (Cleveland) and has forced just one turnover total in the past five games. For a defense that was extremely opportunistic early in the season, this is a large reason for its recent struggles. "

Comment woodbuck27:

Might the Packers break out in this game with some Picks at Detroit? We sit at the bottom of the NFL with 'only' four.

For the other three (3) hot issues please click on the LINK above.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 03:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview?gameId=331128008

ESPN's Packers-Lions Preview

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
11-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Tuesday Practice Press Conference

http://www.packers.com/team/injury-report.html

After Twitter confusion, the Packer website and new stories clarified that Perry practiced on a limited basis and is expected to go tomorrow in the only full speed practice the Packers will have this week. In other news ....

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 5h
Injury report: Barclay limited; Bostick DNP; Franklin DNP; Jolly full; Lattimore DNP; Neal full; Newhouse full; Perry limited; Rodgers limit

Sitton limited; CJ Wilson DNP.

Newhouse full NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5h
Sam Shields, Josh Sitton, Marshall Newhouse and Johnny Jolly all listed as full participants #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5h
MM on Rodgers: Went through individual drills. Limited participant at jog-through. MM does not think Rodgers will play.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 5h
McCarthy: Still need to make sure both (Flynn and Tolzien) are ready. ...But Matt Flynn took the starter reps today.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5h
MM "fully expects" Jolly and Shields to play. Not going to open things up at practice til Wednesday.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 5h
McCarthy: I really like Scott Tolzien. Young, developing quarterback. Right now preparing to beat the Lions. He has a role.

MM: Don Barclay, tomorrow will be true indicator on whether he can play. We'll have full speed periods tomorrow. Didn't do that today.

MM: I thought Flynn played well vs. Lions in 2010. We applied it to New England the next week. Felt that Lions experience helped him.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 4h
MM: Feel good about Perry but will know more tomorrow with full speed drills.

Mike Vandermause ‏@MikeVandermause 4h
MM: Not concerned about Lacy's durability. He's going to play and play a lot.

channtheman
11-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Please start Flynn MM, best chance to win. And if Rodgers could play, I'd leave him out and let his bone actually heal for 10 more days.

pbmax
11-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Ready for a fight on Thanksgiving?

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 25m
Thanksgiving will be fun. RT @robreischel Sitton just called Lions coach Jim Schwartz a "dick" & Detroit's DL "scumbags" on @1250WSSP. Yowza

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 45m
Josh Sitton on @1250WSSP about the Lions: "A bunch of dirtbags or scumbags. That's how they're coached. Schwartz, he's a d*** too."

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 18s
To listen for the full audio, here's the link at the @1250WSSP website as well. #packers #lions ... http://media.sportsradio1250.com/a/84389584/11-26-13-josh-sitton-joins-the-big-show-4pm-hour.htm …

Guiness
11-26-2013, 06:29 PM

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 45m
Josh Sitton on @1250WSSP about the Lions: "A bunch of dirtbags or scumbags. That's how they're coached. Schwartz, he's a d*** too."

gotta laugh at that, but left wondering...can/will the NFL fine him for something like that? I wouldn't be surprised.

denverYooper
11-26-2013, 06:36 PM
gotta laugh at that, but left wondering...can/will the NFL fine him for something like that? I wouldn't be surprised.

I wonder if that's a little gamesmanship... trying to bait them into some personal fouls.

Harlan Huckleby
11-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Anybody think the Packers are going to win?

Freak Out
11-26-2013, 07:24 PM

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 25m
Thanksgiving will be fun. RT @robreischel Sitton just called Lions coach Jim Schwartz a "dick" & Detroit's DL "scumbags" on @1250WSSP. Yowza

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 45m

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 18s
To listen for the full audio, here's the link at the @1250WSSP website as well. #packers #lions ... http://media.sportsradio1250.com/a/84389584/11-26-13-josh-sitton-joins-the-big-show-4pm-hour.htm …

Awesome....just what the NFL needs is a little drama on Thanksgiving morning.

Joemailman
11-26-2013, 07:29 PM

I do. I think Flynn can take advantage of Detroit's weak secondary even though is arm isn't strong. I think Tolzien's stronger arm could have victimized them more, but I still think the Pack is better off with Flynn in a big game.

Harlan Huckleby
11-26-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm afraid I could come out flat after that dispiriting loss - errr, tie - to the Vikings. I'll try and get up for the game, but it's a short week.

Lions are always tough in this game.

George Cumby
11-26-2013, 07:50 PM

No. But I am usually wrong.

pittstang5
11-26-2013, 07:52 PM

Hope they win - yes. Think they'll win? - No f'n way. There's just no way. Defense has to be much better and there's been no indication that that's even possible. Ponder looked Godlike and the Lions have a way better o-line than the Vikings. Stafford will have all day for Megatron to get open.

They'll keep it close in the first half, Packers probably be down a TD or 10 pts going into half time, then Detroit will explode (Not implode) against the Packer defense.

It's gonna be nasty.

Harlan Huckleby
11-26-2013, 07:56 PM
I'd think the Packers should go with the veer offense for this game. I do believe Lacy will tear them up in any event, he's looked better every game, and could be tough on carpet.

Joemailman
11-26-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm afraid I could come out flat after that dispiriting loss - errr, tie - to the Vikings. I'll try and get up for the game, but it's a short week.

Lions are always tough in this game.

Don't Packers get like a an 8-drumstick turkey, or something like that if they win? How can you not get up for that?

Lions have lost 9 in a row on Thanksgiving Day.

Joemailman
11-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Hope they win - yes. Think they'll win? - No f'n way. There's just no way. Defense has to be much better and there's been no indication that that's even possible. Ponder looked Godlike and the Lions have a way better o-line than the Vikings. Stafford will have all day for Megatron to get open.

They'll keep it close in the first half, Packers probably be down a TD or 10 pts going into half time, then Detroit will explode (Not implode) against the Packer defense.

It's gonna be nasty.

Wist-ful thinking.

Harlan Huckleby
11-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Lions have lost 9 in a row on Thanksgiving Day.

yes, but they were so close on the 7th try

Joemailman
11-26-2013, 08:04 PM
3 of those 9 were to the Packers. :five: But the Lions last Thanksgiving Day win was against the Packers. :bang:

bobblehead
11-26-2013, 08:45 PM
The Packers have a mom and pop med staff.

No Asthma meds for a team that has a guy with history?

Minor league.

I would bet that an inhaler would be considered a PED of sorts. Just my hunch.

channtheman
11-26-2013, 08:52 PM

Yeah, inhaled steroids so a guy can breath, also gives him superhuman strength, so says the NFL.

Joemailman
11-26-2013, 08:52 PM

How would that be different than Peyton Manning taking a painkiller to ease the pain in his bad ankle so he can play?

bobblehead
11-26-2013, 08:58 PM
I hike at 8000+ feet regularly. I don't have asthma. I do carry and inhaler and occasionally use it. If I were an NFL player and I were allowed an inhaler on the sidelines I would damn well have one whether I had asthma or not. I just can't imagine it being allowed, but what do I know.

Rodgers12
11-26-2013, 09:17 PM
I do. I think Flynn can take advantage of Detroit's weak secondary even though is arm isn't strong. I think Tolzien's stronger arm could have victimized them more, but I still think the Pack is better off with Flynn in a big game.

I like the Packers chances IF Matthew Stafford throws 4 picks like he did last week. Problem is, Stafford is a very good gunslinger; A Favre type gunslinger, not a Cutler type. Favre threw 4 picks once in a blue moon. Cutlers throws 4 picks every week.

No doubt Stafford is gonna throw balls right at the Packers DBs. Question is, can DBs catch them?

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Things I'm reading about the Detroit Lions that give me hope come Thursday for a Packer 'W':

** Matthew Stafford threw at least four interceptions for the first time since Nov. 13, 2011, in Sunday's 24-21 loss to the Buccaneers.

** M. Stafford's accuracy has been an issue as he's has completed a league-worst 49.6 percent of his throws this month in three games after connecting on 62.4 percent through Week 8.

** The Lions are on a wee skid having lost back-back games ... the Steelers on the road and to the BUC's at home. I hesitated to take note of that as both of those teams are on three game winning streaks. I'll take it though.

** The Lions lost last week despite the return of one of Stafford's top targets, Nate Burleson. The Lions' No. 2 wide receiver. Burleson had seven catches on 10 targets for 77 yards and a touchdown in his first game since Sept. 22 after breaking his left arm.

** Are the some Lions players tightening up...getting a tad antsy? No...that couldn't be.

After Sunday's loss to Tampa Bay, RB Reggie Bush said it was time for a players-only meeting.

Matthew Stafford disagreed.

"I don't think it's necessary," Stafford said.

"This is a team I've been around for a while, and we have strong leaders on this team. We can get it taken care of just in individual groups. We've got leaders at every position, and guys know what it takes to win in this league."[/I]

** Detroit is 1-15 against the Packers since Dec. 11, 2005, and Stafford has never beaten them. He's 0-6 with 10 touchdowns and 12 interceptions since entering the league in 2009.

** Hurray for backups in this game. The one win against the Packers in his time with the team was led by then Lions -backup Drew Stanton.

** The Packers have won each of the last three meetings with the Lions on Thanksgiving, winning games in 2007, 2009 and 2011.

Green Bay’s current three-game winning streak on Thanksgiving is tied for the longest in franchise history, matching the Packers’ three-game winning streak on Thanksgiving from 1930-32; with wins over the Frankford Yellow Jackets, Providence Steam Roller and Brooklyn Dodgers. There were some colorful team names back then.

** The Green Bay Packers have a 14-1 mark (.933) against the Lions under Head Coach Mike McCarthy. That's tied with the New England Patriots and their 14-1 record vs. the Buffalo Bills for the best winning percentage by a team vs. a divisional foe since 2006.

** Dating back further, the Packers have won 15 of the last 16 against Detroit and 23 of the last 26 in the series.

** The Packers have won eight of 11 games (.727) at Ford Field. That's the third-best winning percentage in the league among teams that have played four or more games at the stadium behind only Atlanta and Tampa Bay at 3-1 (.750).

** The Packers enter Thursday’s game having won 14 of their last 17 regular-season games with one tie against NFC North foes.
Green Bay’s .853 winning percentage in divisional contests over that span ranks No. 2 in the NFL behind only New England (.882, 15-2).

** Since 2006, the Green Bay Packers have a 34-11-1 (.750) regular-season record in NFC North contests (No. 2 in the NFL).

** Since 2006 the Green Bay Packers are 15-7 (.682) in divisional games on the road (No. 4 in the league).

Comment woodbuck27:

Am I grasping for straws?

All the above ... and all that history may not be in some senses be discounted; but it's my real feeling that who wins this game will come down to which team is best on that day. It'll come down to coaching and on the players side which team wants this game most or has more heart. Both teams must realize the obvious importance of a 'W' in this match. They can't be thinking about anything but themselves and that win for the franchise...the team.

I want the team to win this game for Aaron Rodgers. Hand the team back to his capable hands with a solid chance to win the NFCN and not with a 5-6-1 record.

All that will really matter before game time come Thursday morning and as time to play arrives and that game progress's. Will be the end result of that big game.

Can the Green Bay Packers, inspite of any present adversity win this game?

ABSOLUTELY. :-)

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Dear GOD HELP US !

WITH THE CALL

•FOX Sports, now in its 20th season as an NFL network television partner, will broadcast the game to a national audience.

•Play-by-play man Joe Buck and color analyst Troy Aikman will have the call from the broadcast booth

with Pam Oliver and Erin Andrews reporting from the sidelines.

That's a piss off for me.

Why...why..why those two guys?

CaptainKickass
11-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Look,

As long as Dom Capers and the Green Bay Packers stop playing the "run away defense" (you know, see the ball - then run away!) then they've got an excellent chance to win.

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Look,

As long as Dom Capers and the Green Bay Packers stop playing the "run away defense" (you know, see the ball - then run away!) then they've got an excellent chance to win.

Right see the fricken ball and run to the guy with the ball or attempting to catch the ball; and when it's fricken legal tackle that mother. Bring that suckers hide to the matt.

Try hard for a full on 60 minutes.

Win the game for Aaron Rodgers. Win the damn game in regulation and give Packer fans a break.

We don't need to feel like Detroit Lion fans. Win this damn game.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 10:25 PM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ac-7153092

History of Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers Thanksgiving Day football games (Edit: minus the last two seasons)

By Mark Hudziak, Associated Content Wednesday, Nov 10, 2010

" The Detroit Lions have played football on Thanksgiving Day in Detroit every year since 1934, with the exception of the war years of 1939-44. The team they have played the most on Thanksgiving Day is the Green Bay Packers. The Lions and Packers have met 19 times on Thanksgiving, including 13 straight years from 1951 through 1963. The Lions lead the series with a record of 11-7-1. Here is a brief history of the Detroit Lions-Green Bay Packers Thanksgiving Day football rivalry."

Please click on the LINK for the entire story.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
11-26-2013, 11:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10042726/josh-sitton-green-bay-packers-rips-detroit-lions

Pack OL ( Josh Sitton ) calls Lions a dirty team

Updated: November 26, 2013, 10:24 PM ET

“ They go after quarterbacks. Their entire defense takes cheap shots all the time. That's what they do.

That's who they are.

They're a bunch of dirtbags or scumbags. That's how they play, and that's how they're coached.

It starts with their frickin' coach. ” -- Packers guard Josh Sitton

Please click on the rest for this entire story.

GO PACK GO !

bobblehead
11-27-2013, 04:06 AM
Dear GOD HELP US !

WITH THE CALL

•FOX Sports, now in its 20th season as an NFL network television partner, will broadcast the game to a national audience.

•Play-by-play man Joe Buck and color analyst Troy Aikman will have the call from the broadcast booth

with Pam Oliver and Erin Andrews reporting from the sidelines.

That's a piss off for me.

Why...why..why those two guys?

We do tend to win and piss them off. We are on an 0-2-1 skid without them. Maybe some packer hating announcers is just what we need.

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 07:30 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9HNf-hWTI9bIWSxlKieZwJFAn4c7dF9leGHWIk0DNp691d2NILA

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/17805_415670571834534_202441850_n.jpg

Can't be !

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p480x480/1238390_527916097276647_2010841682_n.jpg

She doesn't think so or ........ doesn't care.

smuggler
11-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Thanks, Josh.

pittstang5
11-27-2013, 08:00 AM
I like the Packers chances IF Matthew Stafford throws 4 picks like he did last week. Problem is, Stafford is a very good gunslinger; A Favre type gunslinger, not a Cutler type. Favre threw 4 picks once in a blue moon. Cutlers throws 4 picks every week.

No doubt Stafford is gonna throw balls right at the Packers DBs. Question is, can DBs catch them?

OR, there will be three Packer DBs in the area of Megatron and all three will be scratching there heads after Megatron catches the ball.

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 08:10 AM
OR, there will be three Packer DBs in the area of Megatron and all three will be scratching there heads after Megatron catches the ball.

We've got a response:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/p480x480/385736_521148714579811_1442513553_n.jpg

Hey Mike >>> Use this man >>> a lot more.

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
11-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Yeah, inhaled steroids so a guy can breath, also gives him superhuman strength, so says the NFL.

Pretty sure inhalers use a different class of steroids than PEDs. Its corticosteroids versus anabolic steroids.

http://www.sharecare.com/health/anabolic-steroids/how-anabolic-steroids-differ-corticosteroids

Prednisone is called a glucocorticoid, which is often altered slightly to corticosteroid (pronounced CORE-ti-coe-STEER-oid). Corticosteroids are synthetic versions of the hormones produced by the outer layer, or cortex, of the adrenal glands. The cortico- in corticosteroid comes from cortex. Corticosteroids are powerful anti-inflammatories and are used to treat diseases caused by an overactive immune system.

channtheman
11-27-2013, 08:38 AM
Pretty sure inhalers use a different class of steroids than PEDs. Its corticosteroids versus anabolic steroids.

http://www.sharecare.com/health/anabolic-steroids/how-anabolic-steroids-differ-corticosteroids

I was just being stupid in response to I think it was bobblehead's post. I know they're different. ;)

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 09:13 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/45520/283/week-13-target-watch-nfc

The targets for each player since Week 8, and then in parentheses are the total and then average targets per game played for that player.

Then below that ... the Red Zone targets and touches for each player, now sorted for rushing attempts and passing targets from Week 8 on.

Detroit Lions

Calvin Johnson: 16-BYE-17-13-14 (60) (15), Reggie Bush: 9-BYE-6-5-7 (27) (6.8), Kris Durham: 6-BYE-1-9-6 (22) (5.5), Brandon Pettigrew: 6-BYE-5-5-5 (21) (5.2), Nate Burleson: dnp-BYE-dnp-dnp-10 (10) (10), Jeremy Ross: 3-BYE-3-3-0 (9) (2.2), Joique Bell: 1-BYE-1-4-3 (9) (2.2), Joseph Fauria: 0-BYE-2-2-1 (5) (1.2), Kevin Ogletree: 0-BYE-0-3-0 (3) (0.8), Theo Riddick: 1-BYE-0-1-0 (2) (0.5), Ryan Broyles: 2-BYE-dnp-dnp-dnp (2) (2)

The return of Nate Burleson was a good one. The Lions needed a more reliable number two receiver and Burleson stepped right back into his job catching seven of ten targets for 77 yards and a touchdown. Kris Durham just wasn’t cutting it as Stafford’s second read down field.

Red Zone Targets+Touches:

Calvin Johnson: Run 0/Tar 10, Joseph Fauria: Run 0/Tar 3, Brandon Pettigrew: Run 0/Tar 3, Jeremy Ross: Run 0/Tar 2, Kris Durham: Run 0/Tar 2, Joique Bell: Run 3/Tar 1, Reggie Bush: Run 9/Tar 1, Nate Burleson: Run 0/Tar 1, Matthew Stafford: Run 3/Tar 0

Green Bay Packers

Jordy Nelson: 8-9-10-9-7 (43) (8.6), Jarrett Boykin: 6-1-13-8-10 (38) (7.6), James Jones: dnp-3-7-6-12 (28) (7), Andrew Quarless: 2-7-4-3-3 (19) (3.8), Eddie Lacy: 4-0-2-2-6 (14) (2.8), John Kuhn: 2-0-2-3-4 (11) (2.2), Brandon Bostick: 0-0-3-1-5 (9) (1.8), James Starks: 0-0-1-0-2 (3) (0.6), Ryan Taylor: dnp-0-1-0-0 (1) (0.2)

Matt Flynn replaced Scott Tolzien in the third quarter and successfully gave the team a spark. He finished the game, which included a whole overtime, with 21-of-36 passing for 218 yards and a touchdown. He also added four rushing attempts for 24 yards. Many of those targets, nine to be approximate, went to Jarrett Boykin, including a touchdown.

Red Zone Targets+Touches:

Jordy Nelson: Run 0/Tar 7, Jarrett Boykin: Run 0/Tar 6, James Jones: Run 0/Tar 4, Eddie Lacy: Run 20/Tar 3, John Kuhn: Run 0/Tar 3, Brandon Bostick: Run 0/Tar 2, Andrew Quarless: Run 0/Tar 2, Myles White: Run 0/Tar 1, Seneca Wallace: Run 0/Tar 0, James Starks: Run 3/Tar 0, Aaron Rodgers: Run 1/Tar 0, Scott Tolzien: Run 1/Tar 0, Matt Flynn: Run 1/Tar 0

PACKERS !

Packers4Glory
11-27-2013, 09:19 AM
hahaha Sitton. Never afraid to speak his mind. He's right.

denverYooper
11-27-2013, 09:36 AM

I really wonder if Sitton's comments were meant to put the Lions D (and refs) on notice in the unlikely event that Rodgers plays. As in "hey, I'm going to make sure everyone is watching for this".

Teamcheez1
11-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Somebody explain why I should feel any better about this game than the last 4?

We are on the road.
Detroit has the best offense we have faced (could debate with Philly).
Our defense is in a shambles.
Injuries continue to mount.

Flynn may help us, but can he outscore Detroit?

Bossman641
11-27-2013, 10:13 AM

Cause Detroit just finds a way to fuck things up??

Pugger
11-27-2013, 10:13 AM

We are on the road.
Detroit has the best offense we have faced (could debate with Philly).
Our defense is in a shambles.
Injuries continue to mount.

Flynn may help us, but can he outscore Detroit?

Megatron is not 100% and Shields is back.
Barclay could return and Newhouse back on the bench. MN's run D is worse than the loins' but even with 8 in the box Lacy still got yards.
Matthews is getting back to his old self so he can terrorize Stafford and force Matt to screw up.
Detroit is known for shooting themselves in the foot. We just have to take advantage.
Jolly will be back so maybe he can help contain Reggie Bush. His absence killed us against MN.

Smidgeon
11-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Cause Detroit just finds a way to fuck things up??

Yeah, but they're going to play like every other team GB has faced this year: crappy in all the preceding (or following) games, and lights out during the GB game: SF, NY, Min, etc.

channtheman
11-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Yeah, but they're going to play like every other team GB has faced this year: crappy in all the preceding (or following) games, and lights out during the GB game: SF, NY, Min, etc.

There is only one constant in those games. They are playing Green Bay. We suck and thus, anyone we are playing looks good. So, you shouldn't feel more confident about this game, but just know that Detroit has a special sorta way of fucking up the end of their season. They were 6-3, right? Now 6-5 and have lost to teams almost as bad as us. They suck almost worse than we do.

Bossman641
11-27-2013, 10:31 AM

I agree, but I'm looking for something to hang onto.

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 10:37 AM
I just checked out what the result was of having Calvin Johnson covered by Darrelle 'Revis Island' Revis before and after D.R. left the game with a reported groin injury.

Calvin Johnson had 2 catches for 20 yards while being covered by Revis. Revis was in action for 'only' 35 of Tampa Bay's 76 defensive plays.

"Calvin Johnson immediately took advantage of the Revis injury by catching two passes on the first drive Revis missed. After Revis the BUC's DB's couldn't get it done as well as when Revis was in the game.

Megatron finished that game with 7 receptions for 115 yards and 0 TD. A sub par game for this amazing WR. He's the #1 WR in the NFL. He's 6'-5" and 236 lbs of pure trouble.

This week Megatron faces a Packer Secondary that simply hasn't played well this season. A secondary that is a certain weakness on the Packer defense. The Packers are last in the NFL in Picks. The Packers Passing 'D' is ranked #20 and it's Rushing 'D' #19.

Back to the Green bay Packers Secondary:

Here's some facts on the Packer secondary for the 26-26 tied game with Minny Fr. PFF:

** Of the six players to see at least 20 snaps in the Green Bay secondary, none finished the game with a positive grade in coverage, with Tramon Williams (-0.3) the best of a bad bunch.

** The trio of Morgan Burnett (-3.4), Davon House (-2.3) and M.D. Jennings (-0.9) combined to miss four tackles, with Burnett leading with two.

** Meanwhile situation players Micah Hyde (-1.0) and Jarrett Bush (-1.1) combined to allow seven receptions for 55 yards, despite being on the field for just 39 snaps in coverage.

House was boom or bust, allowing six receptions for 67 yards, but also breaking up two passes. He seemed to be gambling throughout, including on 3rd-and-14 with 3:59 left in overtime, as he got a fingertip to the ball. Was he lucky that *** Cordarrelle Patterson wasn’t able to adjust and come down with the ball in the end zone? Probably, but that little touch was enough to put the Vikings rookie off, on what wound up being a game defining play.

Game Notes

- Christian Ponder had a QB Rating of 135.8 when blitzed, but just 69.9 when not. That's interesting.

This week:

Detroit's Matthew Stafford has a QB Rating of 89.0 and has passed for a #3 NFL Ranked 3,495 yards. He has completed 59.8% of his pass's for a 7.52 Y/ATT and 24 TD and 12 Picks and 318 Y/Game.

- Matthew Stafford got his #2 WR Nate Burleson back fr. injury last week. Burleson had seven catches on 10 targets for 77 yards and a touchdown Sunday against the Bucs.

- With eight receptions and four kick returns, Cordarrelle Patterson had 180 all purpose yards at Lambeau Field. Our kick return coverage must improve.

- Nine different Green Bay defenders allowed a catch in coverage.

Comment woodbuck27:

How the Packers secondary handles the Lions passing game will go a long way towords determining this games outcome. The Matthews to Megatron connection must be handled.

GO PACK GO !

channtheman
11-27-2013, 10:44 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10042726/josh-sitton-green-bay-packers-rips-detroit-lions

Why Sitton?

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Megatron is not 100% and Shields is back.
Barclay could return and Newhouse back on the bench. MN's run D is worse than the loins' but even with 8 in the box Lacy still got yards.
Matthews is getting back to his old self so he can terrorize Stafford and force Matt to screw up.
Detroit is known for shooting themselves in the foot. We just have to take advantage.
Jolly will be back so maybe he can help contain Reggie Bush. His absence killed us against MN.

You make some points Pugger but.....

Have you considered this stuff?

** Megatron is not 100% and Shields is back. ... Pugger

Megatron is 6'-5" and 236 lbs and Sam Shields is well physically challenged in a matchup here. Megatron is the premiere WR in the NFL and capable of domination over most NFL CB's.

The Packers have to cover more than Megatron as they have #2 WR Nate Burleson back and he had a solid game last week. They must also contain WR Chris Durham 6'- 6" and 218 lbs ( 32 Receptions on 63 targets for 403 yards a 12.6 Y/Avg. and 2 TD's) and TE Brandon Pettigrew 6'- 5" and 265 lbs (who had 4 receptions for 59 yards against us earlier this season).

The Lions have a BIG men in their receiving core. The Packers DB's = small.

** MN's run D is worse than the loins' but even with 8 in the box Lacy still got yards. ... Pugger

Minny's Rushing 'D' is 25th in the NFL. The New York GIANTS have the 7th ranked Run 'D'. How did Eddie Lacy manage that? He's on a learning curve.

You cannot compare the rush 'D's for Minny and Detroit as there is none.

The Detroit Lions have 'a very solid' 4th ranked run 'D' in the NFL.

** Matthews is getting back to his old self so he can terrorize Stafford and force Matt to screw up. ... Pugger

Maybe.... but Matthew Stafford has been well protected this season. He also knows when to lave the pocket. Matthew Stafford is the least sacked QB's in the NFL this season with 'only' 14 SACKS against him and he's always playing. The man who simply refuses to accept being sacked or Peyton Manning has been sacked 15 times. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 18 times in seven games.

GO PACK GO !

denverYooper
11-27-2013, 12:24 PM

Former Lions DE Lawrence Jackson agrees with Sitton about Schwantz:

http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/27/jim-schwartz

what do you have against Jim?” I don't have anything against him. I just don't have a ton of respect for him.lawrence-jackson-josh-sitton-detroit-lions/

not everyone is held to the same standard and things are done because he wants to do them not because they're good for the team.

he will also lie right to your face. I asked a question I knew the answer to and he tried to bullshit me...I saw right through it.

denverYooper
11-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 7m
MM: I'll say this about Josh Sitton's comments, they definitely don't reflect how we go about our business here.

pittstang5
11-27-2013, 01:16 PM
The Matthews to Megatron connection must be handled.
GO PACK GO !

HA! I know it, you know, MM knows it, Capers knows it, hell even the Packer Defense, specifically the secondary knows it.

I have seen nothing at all this year that would lead me to believe the Packers defense has any shot whatsoever at "handling" Matthews to Megatron. WE were llucky in the first game he didn't play - it's going to be bad this time around.

denverYooper
11-27-2013, 01:41 PM
HA! I know it, you know, MM knows it, Capers knows it, hell even the Packer Defense, specifically the secondary knows it.

I have seen nothing at all this year that would lead me to believe the Packers defense has any shot whatsoever at "handling" Matthews to Megatron. WE were llucky in the first game he didn't play - it's going to be bad this time around.

No way man. 3 picks tomorrow!

3!!!

Pugger
11-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Woody, I know AJ Green ain't Megatron but in the Cincy game Sam held AJ to 4 receptions for 49 yards and no TDs. His longest reception was 20 yards. Johnson isn't 100% either. Calvin will get his yards but hopefully Sam can keep his damage to a minimum.

Packers4Glory
11-27-2013, 02:36 PM
yeah I'm sure stuby is all is a tizzy over Sitton's comments.

CaptainKickass
11-27-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm violating my signature again by posting this....

But I think it's essential to get a "big picture" perspective. So, let's put a visual context to the data in order to make an educated and informed analysis of the situation:

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad183/The_Mr_Stuff/piechart.jpg

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Woody, I know AJ Green ain't Megatron but in the Cincy game Sam held AJ to 4 receptions for 49 yards and no TDs. His longest reception was 20 yards. Johnson isn't 100% either. Calvin will get his yards but hopefully Sam can keep his damage to a minimum.

Yea it's better that Sam Shields is back as IMO he's the best cover corner we have now.

Adriel Jeremiah "A. J." Green is a tremendous WR and certainly now top five in the NFL but he's not Megatron. He's physically gifted as well at 6' - 4" and 207 lbs and not slow (4.5 sec. 40).

I'll certainly be watching to see how the Packers coaching deals with Calvin Johnson. Like you Pugger, I'll be tickled if it's Sam Shields on his ass and holding him to under 120 yards and a maximum of 1 TD.

The point I'm trying to make is that the Lions have a few really big receivers. The Packers have a lot of short DB's.

GO PACK !

The Shadow
11-27-2013, 04:45 PM
"Come on without, Come on within
You ain't seen nuthin like The Mighty Flynn"

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 05:21 PM

Pack OL ( Josh Sitton ) calls Lions a dirty team

Updated: November 26, 2013, 10:24 PM ET

“ They go after quarterbacks. Their entire defense takes cheap shots all the time. That's what they do.

That's who they are.

They're a bunch of dirtbags or scumbags. That's how they play, and that's how they're coached.

It starts with their frickin' coach. ” -- Packers guard Josh Sitton

Please click on the rest for this entire story.

GO PACK GO !

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/233656291.html

Jim Schwartz: 'I've been around too long to take that bait'

By Lori Nickel and Bob Wolfley

Nov. 27, 2013 2:18 p.m

" ..."I've been around too long to take that bait," Schwartz said. "The game's going to be played by players on the field, and it's going to be played with actions, not with words. I think those comments just stand on their own; we just let them be, and we're not going to take the bait on stuff like that." ... "

Comment woodbuck27:

Stay tuned. :-?

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
11-27-2013, 05:35 PM

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/233561801.html?results=y&mr=1&oid=3&pid=233561801&cid=8500544

FYI - POLL RESULTS ... 6:34 PM ET

How many receptions will Lions receiver Calvin Johnson have Thursday?

At this time 56% of responders selected 6-10 receptions.

Click on the above LINK to Vote and/or see the results

Comment woodbuck27:

See that Sam?

PACKERS !