PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't Flynn and Tolzien split reps in practise last week?

red
11-25-2013, 05:06 PM
i heard this during the game and my head almost popped, flynn had no reps at all with the first team last week

WHY THE FUCK NOT?

its not like we had a sure fire #1 qb who was playing, we were down to #3 and #4. and despite what M3 had said, Tolzien did not look "great" in his previous 2 games

shut you fat fucking mouth immediately after the game, do not announce your starter for the next week right away and let you're two bottom feeders fight it out in practice to see who should be your starter. announce it on saturday, or hell even sunday

i think its completely unacceptable that flynn had no first team reps in practice all last week

CaptainKickass
11-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Not true. Flynn said he had four snaps in a post game interview somewhere.

Guiness
11-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Wasn't it worse the week before, didn't MM say Tolzien had gotten NO snaps all week because Wallace needed them? I took that to mean he got no 1st or 2nd team snaps...

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 05:17 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 21m
MM: I want both ready. Experience we had yesterday - we went to no-huddle. We didn't practice no-huddle. Flynn was excellent

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 21m
"We're doing things we're not even practicing," MM says of the recent games. (Like Flynn going no-huddle yesterday)

MM is practising 'no huddle' almost as an after thought !?

Are you OK with that (anyone?)

One thing I hope that their practising is working to prepare Matt Flynn to play faster and move better than he did yesterday. Otherwise I fear that he's going to get knocked out of the game and we're back to Scott Tolzien.

We're playing the LIONS with a couple of 'down and dirty' fellas that come to mind as playing mean ... DT Nick Fairley and DT Ndamukong Suh. DT's that get really busy and have a combined 45 tackles and 8 SACKS.

Rookie DE Ezekiel Ansah has 21 Tackles and 5.0 SACKS.

DE Willie Young has 32 Tackles and 3.0 SACKS.

MLB Stephen Tulloch has 91 Tackles (65 solo) and 2.0 SACKS.

OLB DeAndre Levy has 90 Tackles (66 solo).

Other leaders on the Lions 'D' are DB's ... CB's Rashean Mathis and Chris Houston (foot - DNP **);

FS Louis Delmas (knee - DNP today - ** Monday) and SS Glover Quin (ankle - DNP **)

have a combined 163 Tackles.

GO PACK GO !

pbmax
11-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 21m
MM: I want both ready. Experience we had yesterday - we went to no-huddle. We didn't practice no-huddle. Flynn was excellent

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 21m
"We're doing things we're not even practicing," MM says of the recent games. (Like Flynn going no-huddle yesterday)

MM is practising 'no huddle' almost as an after thought !?

Are you OK with that (anyone?)

How can you ask the rookie (in a Packers system) to run the no huddle it took Rodgers two years to master?

Joemailman
11-25-2013, 05:21 PM
Maybe MM figured that Flynn could come in and play off the bench effectively if necessary without taking snaps during the week. If so, he appears to have been right. He may feel Tolzien, being less experienced, can't do that.

pbmax
11-25-2013, 05:26 PM
No #2 guys in the League get significant reps unless the #1 QB can't practice. That is standard operating procedure.

But with the revolving door, McCarthy said today that will change and they are going to prep both.

Guiness
11-25-2013, 05:55 PM
No #2 guys in the League get significant reps unless the #1 QB can't practice. That is standard operating procedure.

But with the revolving door, McCarthy said today that will change and they are going to prep both.

Is there a QB on the practice squad? Is the Pack going to bring one in for Tuesday auditions?

Please tell me the #2 guy is not Tolzien. I really can't stand to see any more of him.

pbmax
11-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Is there a QB on the practice squad? Is the Pack going to bring one in for Tuesday auditions?

Please tell me the #2 guy is not Tolzien. I really can't stand to see any more of him.

Its him. Rodgers is agitating to start but he has not been cleared yet.

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 06:06 PM
How can you ask the rookie (in a Packers system) to run the no huddle it took Rodgers two years to master?

Then no one can blame the backup QB for looking so sloppy when a no huddle situation arises in a game.

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 06:07 PM

The Lions Fairly and Suh !!

Good idea.

pbmax
11-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Then no one can blame the backup QB for looking so sloppy when a no huddle situation arises in a game.

No one did, but we are not talking about the 2 minute drill at the end of the half or game. We are talking about the no huddle the Packers use in normal game situations. The 2 minute drill is covered every week and at most T camp practices. But the no-huddle offense is something they have been cooking up in the last two years that is beyond the 2 minute drill.

woodbuck27
11-25-2013, 08:03 PM

I understand that this fella has impressed TT... especially the way he improves his arm and upper body strength daily.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2009/1/24/22/anigif_kitty-doing-pushups-30368-1232852478-6.gif